test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lukari Community Ship Voting (Final Round)

Comments

• Options
    claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Team Alpha
    Go Alpha! Or Echo!
    See what they should do is Alpha/Charlie/Echo as Tac/Sci/Eng but I get why they're not from the lore/roleplay side
    I was also kinda expecting them to do this since we never had a 3way vote before on ship design.
    And looking at each ship on who they were up against when we voted the first 3 times, it could almost seem like we were voting for designs of each ship type, rather than a final ship.

Echo would totally be a tac ship.
    Alpha easily looks like it would be the engi ship. (But personally I would rather have that as a sci ship IF it was 3 ships we were getting.)
    and Charlie seems like the odd sci ship.

Alternatively, I was also thinking it might be 3 ships that merge into 1 ship.

Anyway the real question is if we end up with a warship or an exploration ship? or some special hybrid ship?
    I hope for a warship-type ship.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    #Team Charlie for the win! I want a circular UFO for the Lukari, which does not look like the stardrive that separates from the Galaxy-X. As for Doritos, I like Nacho Cheese, but still that Alpha design should be a prototype for Elachi design and not Lukari. I do not want the Lukari to have a batleth, that should be for the Son'a. Those are my two cents. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    hamishmacdoogalhamishmacdoogal Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Team Echo
    I'll admit I want a flying saucer. I'm shallow that way.
    But as you noticed, I voted for Echo for only one reason: After playing Echos of light (no pun intended) and seeing the Lukari designed equipment on Kumaarke, I think they like a flowing almost organic appearance in their designs. The flying Dorito(c) is definitely not that. The Flying saucer is somewhat close to their designs, but thanks to the illuminated ends on the team Echo ship, that design closely approximated the equipment designs on her away team gear.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    alpha for main ship... which launches shuttles in charlie flavor.
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    Is this open for whole weekend?

We need some heavy campaigning to keep alpha out of the white house.
  • Options
    radonneradonne Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    Echo isn't bad, but it doesn't really interest me. Charlie is cool, but it just seems too... sleek, maybe? for a first starship. Alpha has the right mix of neat design and clunky style for the first steps into the cosmos (though it could stand to be a bit bulkier), so it gets my vote.

-R
  • Options
    megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Team Alpha
    For me Team Alpha and Team Charlie are easily the best. However Team Alpha slightly edges (pun intended) out Team Charlie IMO. Would be happy with either Alpha or Charlie TBH. Just as long as it's not Echo.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • Options
    sorcapprenticesorcapprentice Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    C'mon Team Charlie! I want a Flying Saucer!!
  • Options
    dikironiumdikironium Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    Team Alpha! TR-3B for the win!
  • Options
    gregoryt#9489 gregoryt Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    go team charlie
  • Options
    halconfenix00halconfenix00 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    dorito or ufo... dorito or ufo.... ufo that is...
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    It's chaos in the ring!!!

The Doritobots against the Saucercons...
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    royalbearknightroyalbearknight Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    Team Alpha...
    It reminds me of that one UFO Episode of Unsolved Mysteries that aired back in early 90s.
    http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Belgium_UFO
  • Options
    chaderjianchaderjian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    Team Echo's design is too close to the Sona's, and Team Charlie's looks too much like a Ferengi design.
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    And alpha looks to much like a piece of cr ap. :D
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    azyurion wrote: »
    If Team Echo, which is clearly the best design, doesn't win this competition, it will be proof that the election was rigged !!! As a player, I will only accept the results of this election if Team Echo is the winner...:)
    What are you going to do, grab your laser musket and take to the streets?​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    We're gonna club Alpha like a Canadian clubs a baby seal.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    misterperseusmisterperseus Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    For a first try Alpha is easy to design, simple to build.

Echo is right out as a first go, too complex. Maybe as a Romulan venture later.

Charlie, 50's kitsch, not great not bad.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    Team Alpha...
    It reminds me of that one UFO Episode of Unsolved Mysteries that aired back in early 90s.
    http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Belgium_UFO
    Heh, those are kinda amusing.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    I went Team Alpha.
  • Options
    roebotsixtyfiveroebotsixtyfive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    jonsills wrote: »
    azyurion wrote: »
    If Team Echo, which is clearly the best design, doesn't win this competition, it will be proof that the election was rigged !!! As a player, I will only accept the results of this election if Team Echo is the winner...:)
    What are you going to do, grab your laser musket and take to the streets?​​

Laser Musket you say? Well, I've heard of a colony that needs your help, here, let me mark it on your star chart.

P.S. Sorry, but I had to.

Also, since Donald Trump jokes seem to be popular, I present Dontru the Ferengi https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-aAOZgge_yho/VyxlXii70eI/AAAAAAAAA5o/pDRGhcxzo34YoconW86qkqWSzrcRpW2NwCLcB/s1600/Trump-Ferengi-copy.jpg (Whoever made that deserves a medal).

Also, as I see it, Alpha is winning, Charlie is second with a slim chance to lead, and Echo is a pretty solid last. Maybe the best way to implement would be to add Alpha as the Official design seen in the Anniversary mission, then have Charlie The UFO as either an alternate skin or a later Lukari ship when their tech advances a bit.
    sto_forum_sig_gif_by_roebot56-d9as2al.gif
    If you can't solve it logically, solve it like a moron.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
  • Options
    highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
    Team Echo
    Ugh...Echo is loosing badly, that sucks, so i really hope that at least Alpha wins, no way in hell will i fly a 50s UFO, we should put some Quantum Torps up that things Exhaust and blow it up :D
  • Options
    xavierstormxavierstorm Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Team Echo
    Echo makes the most sense to me..they would probably use a design similar to something in nature, much like other flying capable first tries.
    Xavier Storm
    Fleet Admiral
    Commanding Officer,
    USS Defiance NCC 1699-A

United Temporal Agents
  • Options
    captainjtietzcaptainjtietz Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    Alpha, because heavy Protoss vibes.
  • Options
    trucktroubletrucktrouble Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    2+ years on/off STO, 1st ever post on forums... just for a ufo.
  • Options
    dumas13dumas13 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    Charlie for me. The 31c Temporal Dreadnought and Multi-Mission Science Vessel have given me enough triangular ships for now. I want my Firestorm with dual plasma cannon. Ok... maybe not. I rather doubt this ship will be agile enough to get much out of DHC and I'm kinda terrible with them anyway.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    Alpha ftw, it has the much more unique design out of the lot.
  • Options
    mrdakka#5397 mrdakka Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    Enough with the swooping curves and sleek flowing lines already. We need more angular, hard edges and blocky designs.
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    I chose Alpha because it is sleek, sound, and looks 1st generational in terms of space exploration.

Here is a novel idea: Why not allow all 3 designs to exist, and have the player choose the one they like when it comes out of the box?
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg