test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lukari Community Ship Voting (Final Round)

Comments

• ronanobrienronanobrien Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    I was thinking of going Team Echo, but then I took a closer look and saw that that ship essentially is a reskinned Son'a Battleship. I would rather that be kept for the Son'a, so it's Team Alpha for me! And hell to the no for Charlie. That ship makes no sense designwise from what we've seen established in Trek. A warp powered flying saucer? In Trek? Really? That ship wins, I won't be getting this ship this anniversary. No matter how good it is. I don't want another Nandi...
  • gawainviiigawainviii Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    #TeamCharlie because UFOs!
    newstosiggy.png
  • omega6theta1omega6theta1 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    Team Charlie..... Again I ask, what could be more perfect in a space game than a flying saucer!?!?!?
  • djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    gawainviii wrote: »
    #TeamCharlie because UFOs!

The Truth Is Out There Just Watch The Skies
    The True King In The North
  • highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Team Echo
    Voted for Echo but wouldnt mind if Alpha wins, looks ok too, just please dont let Charlie win....do we really need an UFO? Thats such a boring Design >_> also looks way to much like THIS! (sure, space can be a Dirty Place, but i still dont want to fly a Vacuum Cleaner) samsung-vr10j5050ud-robotic-vacuum-cleaner-6149-1786008-9f0f8415a0988152a965d3e4aa0ef333.jpg
  • chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    Now that we've reached the concept art, Alpha and Charlie have grown on me. I just can't decide. They're all great.
    SP9Pu.gif
  • alexsanderitaalexsanderita Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    I honestly like all three, the better designs got to final round, but I have to choose.

Charlie and Echo seems less original, as we have saucers as the main sections of most Federation ships, and Romulan warbirds.
    Alpha is something more new to this game and I like the triangle shape.

Just too flat imo, I hope on a costume adding more height.

I don't know why the system notified me I'm a Moderator now, I guess it's a bug it's better to report now.
    I still dream from time to time about using the Gateway to doff off-game in spare minutes as we were told
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    i prefer the flying dorito myself LOL. but charlie isnt bad either.
  • kyle#9780 kyle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Team Echo
    Atleast between them all echo looks the most different because I haven't really seen a ship like that one and I'm interested to see how it would work.
  • azyurionazyurion Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Team Echo
    If Team Echo, which is clearly the best design, doesn't win this competition, it will be proof that the election was rigged !!! As a player, I will only accept the results of this election if Team Echo is the winner...:)
  • salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    Team Alpha
    #TeamAlpha Hands Down
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • wo1dashwo1dash Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    The saucer works for me:-)
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    kjfett wrote: »
    This is going to be an easy win for Team Charlie!

By stating this, you have called some unmerciful gods that shove out votes for Alpha.

By thunder, it was Jinxed! :open_mouth:
  • otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    Team Echo
    Echo the flying boomerang
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • solarwraithsolarwraith Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    The Lukari and the Alliance are working together to engineer the latest Lukari starship and need help from you! Cast your vote and help shape our next Anniversary Ship!
    ~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

Team Triangle <Alpha> We need more triangle shaped ships in Trek, well that, and I like the TR-3 Flying triangle.
  • shatterhand1701shatterhand1701 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    #TeamCharlie, all the way.
  • solarwraithsolarwraith Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    Alpha and Charlie are boring designs to me. Too bad Echo is in last place currently :/

Too much like the Son'a Battleship.
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    Team Charlie will accept the results of the election, only if we win
  • yeswecantyeswecant Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    Team Alpha, cuz STO has enough flying saucers already.
  • angronsweangronswe Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    If the same people that voted in round one votes now, we will get Team Alpha.
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Team Alpha
    I know some people are going to call the alpha version a flying Dorito, but speaking from a structural engineering standpoint, it's the best shape for a spaceship.

Edit: Actually, triangles are generally considered the most structurally sound shape for building things.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    This is rigged, i cant believe you alpha (people) are winning.
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Team Charlie
    Gag Alpha looks like the lame Atlantis Models TSR3 kit and another fed ship. Nothing unique there. All it needs is a set of fed markings and the name U.S.S. Lame nub ship
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    dkeith2011 wrote: »
    Alpha for the X-Files vibe.

And that is why HELL NO!
  • ncc1701z5ncc1701z5 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    I like alpha personally, i'll settle for echo if alpha don't win charlie's to small for my taste. :smiley:
    "Saving the galaxy's our business"

Admiral Wilkens: "I bend our rules so folks don't have to live in fear strictly obeying someone else's".

• namreefnamreef Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    dragnridr wrote: »
    We finally get an ACTUAL UFO shape, and people want either a flying Dorito or a batarang. #TeamCharlie

Exactly! How is this even a question?!?!
  • autumnturningautumnturning Member Posts: 743 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    I'm Team Alpha in this one, but there are some design elements to each that I would like to (extend my) comment(ary) on after the voting last week.

75903c375482577df46977c97afb00271477614138.png

What I appreciate most about this design is that it isn't overly/excessively ambitious as a First Effort for a newly warp capable species. It looks "industrial" in a way that means that the various parts and pieces can be mass produced instead of being "one offs" for different parts of the ship. That means you can reuse production of ship elements more than once. While this means NOTHING to an Artist, it means a lot to an (actual) Engineer.

The blue edge trim at the blunted corners makes for the most obvious location to run beam arrays (blue Andorian Phasers please?). This arrangement would permit an extremely wide range of area coverage for the greatest volume of space.

I look at the blunted corners of the triangle and think ... Shuttle Bays ... one for each "arm" of the ship. If the "top triangle" volume of the end of each blunted triangle point was devoted to being a Shuttle Bay, you'd have a very versatile ship for going exploring with.

I still "want" the circular feature in the center to be an axial "warp ring drive" similar to that of the D'Kyr and also seen in the theoretical work of Matt Jeffries that many of us would recognize from this image ... although obviously with some differences. I still want the glowing globes on the dorsal surface to be Bussard Collectors for the "warp ring drive" ... which then starts begging questions of flight orientation under warp drive and so on, but it would be somewhat unique.

76b796f290e8554949e204446b2f7b2a1477614289.png

I just look at this and think WHY...?

I'm not talking about the "artistic" sense of it (Team Flying Saucer) ... but instead the "engineering" sense of it. It looks like a ship that doesn't have any "room" for Shuttle Bays of any kind. It looks like it's got a flattened oval of a Deflector Dish up "front" and a dorsal "intake" of Bussard Collectors amidships in the center.

Where are the warp coils?
    What "shape" do they assume inside the internal volume of the ship? Are they lines? Rings? Squiggles? Is there supposed to be a "ring drive" on the ventral surface that propels the ship through "the magic of television"?

The Impulse Engine looks like it'd be doing the "power curve" of a slightly other well known Corellian Freighter. (To be fair, it looks like the Alpha Arrowhead would be using the same design element).

91383e95bc300627d32c7f98d095f0671477614325.png

When I look at this, the only thing that makes sense (to me) about it is ... okay, you've got 6 hangars on each wing facing aft for launching and recovering fighters, but ...

I'll readily grant that the "drive blisters" on the ends of the wings certainly look new and different, but at the same time they don't look like anything that has come before, except maybe (possibly?) Romulan nacelle tech, but taken to an even greater extreme.

The one knock I've got against the design is that the "warp" structures on the ends of the wing look huge in proportion to the rest of the ship, while the impulse drive elements in the outer mid-wing look positively anemic like tacked on afterthoughts.
  • reikontenshireikontenshi Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    Alpha's not even worth considering....it's way too similar to the Elachi S'golth, & there are a bunch of other ships that have roughly-triangular shapes.

Echo is cool, don't get me wrong....& I do like the fact that they changed it from other batarangs in STO by spinning the arc to face backwards. I just don't think it suits the Lukari, & it *IS* still a flying wing design which has been done before.

I have to give my vote to Charlie. I just love the idea of a stereotypical 50's style Flying Saucer in Star Trek, possibly something that could lead back to the original myth on Earth (given the recent time travel theme going on).
  • zeluthaszeluthas Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    I like all the shapes here, but slightly leaning more towards #Team Alpha
  • milo675milo675 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    plz not the ugly alpha!