test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lukari Community Ship Voting (Final Round)

Comments

• Options
    xaneksxaneks Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    looks like team charlie is dominating the twitters
  • Options
    nyzam45nyzam45 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    Alpha is the coolest in my opinion, I like the design. Charlie's cool too. I'd rather not fly a space boomerang though. :D
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Team Alpha
    xaneks wrote: »
    Because this will be the first time a Flying saucer is a playable ship in a game (to my knowledge at least.) Also love how you convieniently forget about the rest of the fed starships parts lol

I didn't forget about the other parts, I was speaking of the saucer designs specifically and how the round one has already been used the most. ;‪) Two of the designs are saucer like only one isn't round.

• Options
    souleater12012souleater12012 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    A nice lovely Alpha to do it. Make it carry the most damage. Like Attack Pattern Alpha III.. The Alpha will always be the Strongest.
  • Options
    souleater12012souleater12012 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    I need that flying dorito in my life

Hahaha Yes Flying Nachos!!!
  • Options
    damon7980damon7980 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Team Alpha
    I wouldn't mind if Charlie wins as I love both Alpha and Charlie.

However, I would love it if Cryptic would have made so the winner gets to be the Anniversery ship(The uniqe one) and the 2nd most voted ship would be a ship we get in the mission that gives us these 200 thingies to put into the project for the anniversery ship. (Please Cryptic do this, Pretty please? :smile:)

I hope everyone understood what I mean. :confounded:
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    Why is it *EVERY SINGLE TIME* somebody puts out a vote for stuff like this, everybody goes for the design that looks closest to one that already exists in game, rather than voting for something creative & unique?? It happens in every game & project that have had votes like this.

Gee, I don't know why does every single time somebody squee like a fangirl about a design that was overused and tired in the 60s? Charlie design can die in a fire as far as I'm concerned. There's NOTHING "creative and unique" about it.
    Do whatever you want. I don't care anymore.

• Options
    highlord83highlord83 Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    GO, Alpha, go!
    "So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again."
    -Dedication plaque of the Federation Starship U.S.S. Merkava
  • Options
    sylveriareldensylveriarelden Member Posts: 531 Arc User
    Team Echo
    Echo. We already have enough "saucer" and "triangular" shaped ships. Need something different.
    It's not you- it's me. I just need my space.

Being critical doesn't take skill. Being constructively critical- which is providing alternative solutions or suggestions to a demonstrated problem, however, does.
  • Options
    afree100afree100 Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Team Alpha
    Definitely Alpha by a long shot (I have not seen X-Files at all)

Although I love it how people say flying Bat'leth (Son'a).
    Starfleet M.A.C.O. KDF Honor Guard
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Team Alpha
    Echo. We already have enough "saucer" and "triangular" shaped ships. Need something different.

That is a fair point.
    Although to me they all look very unique.
  • Options
    Team Alpha
    They all look too advanced IMO. I can't imagine any of them being the first warp ship build by a new spacefaring race.

I would have been perfectly happy with the "generic" Concordium-class being their NX-01 analogue.

The Kaboli have a pretty good one already.
  • Options
    tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    All 3 are nice designs, good work from the design team! However, STO needs a proper UFO so vote Charlie or GTFO!
  • Options
    puppy2410#3653 puppy2410 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    Who doesn't want a flying dorito? lol
  • Options
    preikopreiko Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    Team Echo
    I am voting for all 3 Ships !!!

Triangle = Engineer
    Saucer = Science
    Curve = Tactical
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    angrytarg wrote: »
    avoozuul wrote: »
    velqua wrote: »
    Here is a novel idea: Why not allow all 3 designs to exist, and have the player choose the one they like when it comes out of the box?
    Yeah that actually is a good idea, but they don't seem to add many design choices with event ships it seems.
    Back in the days ships came with customization and different skins. Not today. They appearantly rather create six models and trash five of them instead of letting people have the top three contenders.

@vote: Damn you, statistical probability! You win again! pig-6.gif​​
    Nah, I don't think in-game models exist yet, all we've seen so far are concept art sketches.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    spinner2009spinner2009 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    They all look interesting.
    But no point in voting for the Batarang, because I fully expect it to be used as a Ferengi Summer ship design at some future point. That leaves just the technological geometric (Dorito) ship or the smooth round (UFO) ship. I could see my captain in either one. But all the angles and layers of team Dorito would make for a more stunning ship appearance than the smooth surface of the saucer.

• Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Team Echo
    Why not just do all three?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    einar#1331 einar Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Team Echo
    Absolutely right. Echo looks so new.
  • Options
    floodquestfloodquest Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    I would like to see Charlie as the winner, but on the bright side if Alpha wins I will have more money in my pocket.
  • Options
    redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Team Charlie
    floodquest wrote: »
    I would like to see Charlie as the winner, but on the bright side if Alpha wins I will have more money in my pocket.

Anniversary-ships don't cost money as they are just earned by playing the Event-stuff (either FE or collecting 1k vouchers).

• Options
    kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    Come on #TeamCharlie! We need that ship for our "The Lost Saucer" RP. Maybe if we include a "Dorse" (small horse head, shaggy dog body):
    bPu69Ot.png
    with each saucer, we can win the votes of the Brony community and gallop to victory!

If you've never had the pleasure(?) Here is the pilot. (At least it had a rockin' theme)

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • Options
    jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    Flying Triangle ftw!!! or the saucer it wasa tough decision.
  • Options
    redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    kimony wrote: »
    with each saucer, we can win the votes of the Brony community and gallop to victory!

Okay, this made me doubt my vote. :D
  • Options
    daedalus304daedalus304 Member Posts: 1,049 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    afree100 wrote: »
    They all look too advanced IMO. I can't imagine any of them being the first warp ship build by a new spacefaring race.

I would have been perfectly happy with the "generic" Concordium-class being their NX-01 analogue.

The Kaboli have a pretty good one already.

But the Kobali have been space faring for at least several hundred years, they just anchored where they did to build a full civilization, they have the benefit of a lax trade of technology, and supposedly already had historical records of older different designs.
  • Options
    fliporicanfliporican Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    #TeamAlpha
    image.php?name=Sabio&ship=Renaissance&fleet=10th+MACO+Cavalry+Regiment&txtcol=EDE979&fac=fed&spezies=Human&klasse=Starfleet+Tactical+Officer&rank=vadm&image=01
  • Options
    kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    kimony wrote: »

Okay, this made me doubt my vote. :D

These are desperate times. Victory slips further out of reach. Alas, I am no stranger to heartache. I STILL mourn the unfathomable loss of Carrier #TeamBeta... The stench of that calamity, will haunt me forever...

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • Options
    dreamreachdreamreach Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Team Echo
    The only sexy ship in there is team echo's. Team charlie is merely a fed ship without nacelles. And team Alpha's is just annoying; here have a paper airplane I couldn't fold correctly, or as someone else said, a chunky dorito. And sadly I think none of these is that creative. Let's not fly around in 2d geometrical shapes. It's the future, where is the real 3d!!
  • Options
    sparhawk78sparhawk78 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Team Echo
    dreamreach wrote: »
    The only sexy ship in there is team echo's. Team charlie is merely a fed ship without nacelles. And team Alpha's is just annoying; here have a paper airplane I couldn't fold correctly, or as someone else said, a chunky dorito. And sadly I think none of these is that creative. Let's not fly around in 2d geometrical shapes. It's the future, where is the real 3d!!
    Echo's has the most potential and looks better than the other two, I don't understand how the dorito is winning, basically we have a chip, a plate, and a boomerang for choices.
  • Options
    sparhawk78sparhawk78 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Team Echo
    hell, let's just call it a batarang, that's much cooler ^.^