test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lukari Community Ship Voting (Final Round)

Comments

• avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Team Alpha
    velqua wrote: »
    Here is a novel idea: Why not allow all 3 designs to exist, and have the player choose the one they like when it comes out of the box?
    Yeah that actually is a good idea, but they don't seem to add many design choices with event ships it seems.

• xaneksxaneks Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Team Charlie
    http://imgur.com/a/x3YXz You must vote charlie because of this
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    charlie but in all honesty looks like alpha will win
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    Team CHARLIE, ftw!
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • argentus28argentus28 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    Well, not my first choice, but my feelings aren't going to be too hurt if I have another flying triangle to go with my S'Golth.
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    I want all three designs just add them all.
    Team Charlie
    I want to believe
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    I'm liking Alpha... and liking Alpha's chances :).
  • alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    Team Echo
    Alpha or Echo I really don't care since both of them look great. As for charlie Charlie, its practically this...https://youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg
    tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
  • azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    We need runoff voting!
  • msb777msb777 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    this was tuff alpha or echo very nice designs. charlie is very plane so it didn't stand a chance. some say oh alpha and echo look like other ships, ya and charlie has the lest original design in fact charlie is the first design ever. plus you can just get a ship with saucer separation and pretend you'r a little gray man.
  • otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    Team Echo
    Echo the flying boomerang
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    Gag Alpha looks like the lame Atlantis Models TSR3 kit and another fed ship. Nothing unique there. All it needs is a set of fed markings and the name U.S.S. Lame nub ship

TRS 80?
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    Team Echo
    and it's dorito in the lead followed closely by frisby and boomarang seems to be headed back where it started. we may have a photo finish.
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    Yay for Alpha! Time for another design like the S'Golth. However I would very much support Charlie getting life at some point. While we do have saucer overdose thanks to the federation, there is a need for a saucer without anything else tacked on to it... But we need more triangles first as they are too rare entirely.
  • keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Team Alpha
    otisnoble wrote: »
    and it's dorito in the lead followed closely by frisby and boomarang seems to be headed back where it started. we may have a photo finish.

Remember the voting is happening on three different platforms at the same time. Here, we only see that (currently) Alpha is the most popular on the forums, followed closely by Charlie. We might be surprised in the end when the facebook and twitter votes are finally counted. :smile:
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • captainmikeccaptainmikec Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    Alpha is the one I would want to use in the game so it has my vote.
    Charlie would be my second choice, Echo just look to... Breenish and out of place for a novice warp planet.
    "Tickle us, do we not laugh? Prick us, do we not bleed? Wrong us, shall we not revenge?"
    -General Chang
  • reikontenshireikontenshi Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    Why is it *EVERY SINGLE TIME* somebody puts out a vote for stuff like this, everybody goes for the design that looks closest to one that already exists in game, rather than voting for something creative & unique?? It happens in every game & project that have had votes like this.

Bad enough that everybody went for "Omega" when they asked us to vote for the new Fed Carrier, just because it was closest in design to the original Jupiter-Class Dreadnought NPC's. Not too many of those ships really appealed to me, but there were options in that one that least had some unique elements to them, such as having 4-nacelles lined up side-by-side. But noooooooooo, everybody had to go for the most uninspired, unimaginative design of the lot!

Now everybody wants a bloody re-skinned Elachi S'golth Triangle instead of something that least *tries* to be different in the Star Trek universe?

I give up. I'm clearly out of touch with reality. I want to reward inspiration & creativity, while the general population seems to prefer doing the same thing over & over again & pretending that it's original.

Do whatever you want. I don't care anymore.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Team Alpha
    How exactly does a typical oval/round saucer try to be different in the Star Trek universe when practically all Federation ships were based on that design?

In all honesty Echo seems to be the most original ship design out of the lot despite already being used in a TNG movie.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Team Alpha
    Laser Musket you say? Well, I've heard of a colony that needs your help, here, let me mark it on your star chart.

P.S. Sorry, but I had to.
    Damnit Preston I thought my raiders killed you!!
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    avoozuul wrote: »
    velqua wrote: »
    Here is a novel idea: Why not allow all 3 designs to exist, and have the player choose the one they like when it comes out of the box?
    Yeah that actually is a good idea, but they don't seem to add many design choices with event ships it seems.

Back in the days ships came with customization and different skins. Not today. They appearantly rather create six models and trash five of them instead of letting people have the top three contenders.

@vote: Damn you, statistical probability! You win again! pig-6.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • lsegnlsegn Member Posts: 594 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Team Alpha
    They are all interesting designs for different reasons. Alpha is beautiful and geometric which is why i picked it. Charlie is flying saucerish which isnt original but wouldn't be a bad additon to the seminal science fiction franchise. It also reminds me of the lost in space ship.

Im torn about echo because i think it represents an interesting artistic design language reminiscent of Centauri ships from B5 that could make it a better choice so they could carry that design language into other future Lukari ships. As far as the big picture goes it may be the best choice.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    lsegn wrote: »
    They are all interesting designs for different reasons. Alpha is beautiful and geometric which is why i picked it. Charlie is flying saucerish which isnt original but wouldn't be a bad additon to the seminal science fiction franchise. It also reminds me of the lost in space ship.

Im torn about echo because i think it represents an interesting artistic design language reminiscent of Centauri ships from B5 that could make it a better choice so they could carry that design language into other future Lukari ships. As far as the big picture goes it may be the best choice.

I don't think there will be other Lukari ships. Minor races in the spotlight usually get one ship, see the Kobali or get no attention at all, like the Deferi. I can't see them pushing a one-shot minor player like the Lukari to be a major point of interest in STO with multiple ships and unique items. I would welcome it, since the Lukari are a Cryptic original race and following them around is more interesting than rehashing old show plots, but if they truly go this way I'd like - no, demand - that the Deferi get some love. I wouldn't mind them cooperating on their space program and get similiar ships, even.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Team Echo
    As long as it's not the Charlie flying saucer I'll be fine.
  • ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    Team Echo
    I need that flying dorito in my life
    LOLZ!
    Even though I vote for Echo, I can easily voted for Alpha as well.

• palestro1994palestro1994 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    kjfett wrote: »
    This is going to be an easy win for Team Charlie!

By stating this, you have called some unmerciful gods that shove out votes for Alpha.

i voted for team Alpha too, because better design of that ship
  • admiralwuffadmiralwuff Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Team Alpha
    Team Alpha! It's something different from the other two in terms of originality. Science Fiction is full of flying saucers & wedges currently. Ya don't see enough flying triangles out there. :smirk:
  • shadow#2047 shadow Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Team Echo
    Team Alpha!
  • revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    Team Echo
    I voted Echo, but Alpha would be fine. It needs a command tower with two globes on top in order to be perfect though
  • crowley666666666crowley666666666 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    A flying saucer is what we really need!
    Support #TeamCharlie now
    edited October 2016
    Team Charlie
    avoozuul wrote: »
    How exactly does a typical oval/round saucer try to be different in the Star Trek universe when practically all Federation ships were based on that design?

In all honesty Echo seems to be the most original ship design out of the lot despite already being used in a TNG movie.

Because this will be the first time a Flying saucer is a playable ship in a game (to my knowledge at least.) Also love how you convieniently forget about the rest of the fed starships parts lol