test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Online 50th Anniversary Giveaway

Today marks 50 years since the introduction of Star Trek to the world. In celebration of this amazing achievement we will be giving away the 23rd Century bundle for free!

Here's to 50 years and many more to come!

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

Comments

• ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    Thank you
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    Happy anniversary! :) And a nice giveaway for those who don't have it yet. ;)
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Thanks!, thats good... well i'm not into TOS, but many folks love it... so thanks!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    Cheers @pwlaughingtrendy and the rest of the Cryptic team :smiley: Happy 50th Star Trek. LLAP _\\//

Hopefully this will put paid to all these 50th anniversary and nothing threads..​​
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    yeah more fed only stuff :) now I can dress my 24th century BOs in 23rd century uniforms... also another fed shuttle... next you guys need to give away the DS9 bundle when you do the gamma quad.
  • alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    Frankly I expected more.... or less, depending on how you look at it.
    What I expected was something special and unique to commemorate the 50th anniversary of Star Trek, even something as simple as an U.S.S. Enterprise Admiralty card, or special TOS Crew Duty Officers.

In light of unique items from other events such as the Phoenix Admiralty card last First Contact day, and the Kelvin Admiral uniform for the Star Trek Beyond premier, I cannot help but feel incredibly disappointed.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • misterferengi#8959 misterferengi Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    Free is free but seeings as this day will only ever happen once. I'd have to say this is a LAZY giveaway. Deserved something more unique.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    This is very nice, thanks!

Now I can put my "modern" bridge officers into TOS uniforms to match my TOS survivors, and I can give my Arbiter a TOS interior.
  • revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    First off, thanks Dev team for the giveaway. However, I cannot help but feel somewhat disappointed that there is nothing made available for the Romulans or the KDF.
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    Free is free but seeings as this day will only ever happen once. I'd have to say this is a LAZY giveaway. Deserved something more unique.
    Deserved? really? you deserved something more unique? Ha. The devs were never required to give you anything.. this giveaway is perfect well within their rights to do. If you don't like it, tough.

Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    I think what he was trying to say is the event itself deserved more...
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
    Deserved? really? you deserved something more unique? Ha. The devs were never required to give you anything.. this giveaway is perfect well within their rights to do. If you don't like it, tough.

He didn't say that "he" deserved anything. He said that this "event" deserves more than a generic giveaway.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps

Really?? Its a celebration of the original series. This is spot-on perfect.

Your sense of entitlement sir, is amazing.

• tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    disappointed that there is nothing made available for the Romulans or the KDF.

haha it always happens :) look at it this way... as far as the story goes... Roms and Klinks all get assimilated into the big bad Fed (Future version of) down the road... so you are getting something :) it's a matter of perspective. Can play a Fed KDF or Vulcan (call it a Rom) and say they are from the Future :)
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    That's a very generous giveaway I would say. I already own the bundle, but it should supplement peoples AoY characters just nicely. :)
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Happy 50th of ST! Thanks for the giveaway!
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    Thank you very much. This pack will complete my TOS char. :)
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    Free is Free, I think you all, CBS, Perfect World, Cryptic Studios, lets not forget Lucille Ball

Cr16IeoXgAEB2oH.jpg:large

Thank you all!! Here's to another 50+
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    Ha! Nice. And I agree that should end the "why aren't you giving us stuff?" whining. Except, you know, from the whiners.

Happy 50th, Star Trek!
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    Thank you. Shame most of my fleet has this already, but for those who don't, it's a great giveaway.
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I didn't actually expect Cryptic to give anything away, so this is extremely nice and generous of them. I certainly won't look a gift horse in the mouth. (never have understood that saying, but whatever :) )

I do have one question, do I need to claim it on all my Fed alts or is it claim once and then it's open for everyone. I'm guessing "for everyone" since that's how past giveaways have usually worked, but it never hurts to be sure.
    First off, thanks Dev team for the giveaway. However, I cannot help but feel somewhat disappointed that there is nothing made available for the Romulans or the KDF.

My Fed aligned Romulan was who I first claimed the pack with, so it's at least something. Obviously KDF aligned Roms and of course pure KDF won't be able to get it...

Edit

Ummm, apparently KDF CAN claim the pack. At least to get the Phaser. Not sure about the Shuttle and I would guess the uniform and bridge are not going to carry over, but it looks like everyone can get at least something out of this!
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    Happy 50th Anniversary and thanks to Cryptic for giving this away. While I was dead set against this being given freely at the launch of AoY here seems appropriate.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    Thank you but I wish you had given everyone a TOS T-6 Constitution instead.
  • sabrevt1100sabrevt1100 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    I got this when it first came out years ago but I think it's cool they are giving it away today. Nice touch and thanks Cryptic. It's entirely appropriate.
    "Bite Me! It's Fun." - Crow T. Robot
    stobg2015 wrote: »
    Ha! Nice. And I agree that should end the "why aren't you giving us stuff?" whining. Except, you know, from the whiners.

Happy 50th, Star Trek!

I whine that nothing special was done to commemorate this event, like a special mini-episode or something like with First Contact Day.
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    That is very cool, and appropriate. Thanks!

(So I had it already. So what? Still a very cool and appropriate gift. Should have been something special to mark the occasion? Well, I thought about that, and the best ideas I could come up with were "Chris Pike's Wheelchair", "Original Pilot Episode Laser Pistols" and "Cosplay Mugato Fursuit", so on the whole it's probably better they went with this.)
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    Not really into TOS myself, but it is nice that the anniversary did not go by unnoticed.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • misterferengi#8959 misterferengi Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited September 2016

Really?? Its a celebration of the original series. This is spot-on perfect.

Your sense of entitlement sir, is amazing.

Sigh so many white knights that can't see Cryptic do no wrong. I'm not deserving of anything unique, So don't take my criticism as entitlement. What I'm saying this is a very special occasion for Star Trek that should be celebrated and shown far more respect than Cryptic has done.

It took them half the day to even acknowledge the occasion which rings alarms bells indicating they have nothing planned and this is a look at the negative publicity they were getting here and on other social media and thought we'd better do something to save face.

Sadly some people can't see past the word free
    Post edited by misterferengi#8959 on
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Free stuff is good. Thanks, Cryptic.

YpQ1Ieo.gif​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg