test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dilithium Exchange RATE 400 all Time record

Comments

• Options
    huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    I know not everyone has, but I've stopped selling dilithium at these prices.

I've never bought Zen to trade for it eithers, only to buy products on the store, and even at this rate, it isn't worth it to me.
  • Options
    thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    "The avalanche has already started, it is too late for the pebbles to vote."
    DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • Options
    pcscipiopcscipio Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    @cheshirecat#6232

Are you really suggesting that those who buy Zen/and those that put Zen on the exchange are rich? Really? Seriously?

I have a bridge in Brooklyn that I would to sell you for a ton of dil'.

If not rich, they certainly are acting as if they are or that (if they find enough suckers -- er, I mean buyers -- at their inflated prices) they will be. If the cap is increased beyond 500 dil. per 1 zen, just watch how fast the price will zoom up into the stratosphere, with yet more impatient demands to increase the cap even beyond that point. And yet people still try to convince me it's governed by supply-and-demand. Riiiiight. Maybe they've just heard the fictional G. Gordon Gecko in "Wall Street" a few too many times: "Greed ... is good."

Hmm, since dil. is nothing but 0's and 1's, they would still weigh nothing if I piled a "ton" of them in front of you. And, yes, I know which bridge that is. In return, did you know that the word "gullible" isn't in the dictionary?

You cant sell something for more than the other guy is willing to pay.

The dilex going up is because people have more dil in their pockets, so they are willing to give more dil per zen because they want zen.

Its not rocket science.

People are hoarding ZEN for the AoY packs and keys, faster and more than it's being brought into the game while dilhitum it's being refined at a rather constant rate. If people don't have anything interesting to burn their dilithium on, they'll stockpile it. The exchange acts like a buffer, we don't know how 'old' is the ZEN active in the market, we don't know the rate is being brought into the market but we can assume by it's state that is a slow rate. Imagine Cryptic makes some changes and cannons decisively take over the meta game, or a the new reputation brings a space set better than Iconian or/and a something new is added to the fleet system . Chances are the market will go under 300 dilithium per ZEN, if there are players with cash stil interested in the game. A lot of ifs out there. And i've only covered a small fraction of the variables (didn't even took in account admiralty, and the ways that system helped the 'i want that know' whale crowd, harvest their own dilithium rather than throwing ZEN at the exchange).
    It's not rocket science, but it not that simple either.
  • Options
    pertunepertune Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    i say we just stop buying zen in general until the prices drop by alot, its now at 473 and its 06.28.16 we will be at 500 before the new season launches. my fleet has Generally said that we're not buying any more zen or selling dilithium until the price drastically drops by at least 100 or at most by 150.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    It is so funny that all these dil people say they are not selling dil, but the exchane keeps rising. A looks like a lot of players do not share your view on what dil should be worth.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Eh, they'll reap the benefits of patience in September or so.

One thing a lot of people farming Dil forget is the people spending zeni to buy it are also farming Dil. You only buy it because you need more than what you can easily produce yourself. Just to test the volume of trade I spent about $25 buying dilithium. After a few splurges I've still got 900k of the stuff that I have no particular need for. Plus my own captains keep generating it.

Until they add more sinks - my favorite being "unlock a rare ship skill that a different captain on your account has for 250k dil" - our ability to produce the pink mud-coin is going to continue to wildly outstrip our desire to spend it.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Welp.

Poring over long-term Dil Economy reports. So many pretty squiggly lines.

The Zen Exchange is a difficult subject to comment on, but I can confirm that it's the reason I'm looking at our economy reports in detail.

It seems Bort is looking into the economy. I'm curious as to what will develop from this.
  • Options
    It seems Bort is looking into the economy. I'm curious as to what will develop from this.

An Economy Lockbox.
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    On a more serious note, they left the Ship Trait unlock boxes out of the new Infinity Lockbox. Deliberately. Maybe they are going to let us cross purchase ship traits our other captains have with dilithium...
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    I'm excited to see what they plan to do with the economy. But at the same time a little worried.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    Only now looking at it? It's steadily been going up over the years. Long gone are the days of 80-something Dil Exchange.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    @warmaker001b

Thats what happens when there are more people wanting to buy something than there are people in the market that are willing to sell that thing.
  • Options
    geographusgeographus Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    I think a pretty interesting way to open up the market would be to introduce another
    market that allows to trade dilithium for lobis.

That way there would be two directions the dilithium will flow (zen and lobi), which
    would lower the prices for zen and also allows for interesting dynamics within the
    economy.

E.g. every time a new lockbox is released Dil/Zen gets up because everyone wants
    keys to open the new box but it also will lower the Dil/Lobi price because there are
    more Lobi on the market due to all the opened lockboxes.

Just an idea though! ;-)
  • Options
    fatherrockfatherrock Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    The basic root problem...the majority of things players want to buy can only be purchased with zen.
    Zen is then far more valuable.
    Dil is becoming easier to get making it less valuable.

Inflation + devaluation of the common curency = what you have now
    If everything stays the same, dil will peg out at 500 per zen (max) and trading will come to a crawl.
    and stay that way.
  • Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    starmanj wrote: »
    Dilithium Exchange 400 LOL you all broke the all time 6 year record. LOL I guess I'll CAP out on Refined Dill now. untile this goes back down.
    I think the Game really needs more DIL Sinks now.

Let me know when it hits 1000...monkey-2.gif

Which it will be bound to happen...Cryptic wont do much about it to balance out.​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    starmanj wrote: »
    Dilithium Exchange 400 LOL you all broke the all time 6 year record. LOL I guess I'll CAP out on Refined Dill now. untile this goes back down.
    I think the Game really needs more DIL Sinks now.

Let me know when it hits 1000...monkey-2.gif

Which it will be bound to happen...Cryptic wont do much about it to balance out.​​

It's true. The Zen market should be uncapped from its current limit of 500. I know one or more of the DOZEN TOPICS ON THIS in the past month has mentioned this option as a correction.
  • Options
    starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    Almost there at 500 keep it up
  • Options
    sirmaydaysirmayday Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    All I know, of a certainty, is that I need to be able to sell my stock of dilithium for something like twice its current Zen value to be able to buy the Temporal Agent Pack. I patiently await the day, hopefully not too far off, when an effective dil sink (is there anything other than a new holding that does the trick?) appears to help me come anywhere near my target.
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    I think the should give away a free ferengi ship when it hits 500. you know to mark the event. and arguments against?

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    Cross-faction (level 50+) fleets. That's all I have to say.
    Welp.

Poring over long-term Dil Economy reports. So many pretty squiggly lines.

The Zen Exchange is a difficult subject to comment on, but I can confirm that it's the reason I'm looking at our economy reports in detail.

Enable cross-faction (level 50+) fleets. That's all I have to say about the dilithium avalanche.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    There is a site that tracks the daily value of all the currencies. There is no squiggly lines on the value of dil since February. It is a sharp hyperbolic curve approaching the infinity of 500.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Welp.

Increase the exchange cap to 10K to 1.

rsz_mr_burns_evil_7487.gif

However, I would assume introducing Dil sinks to give Dil somewhere to go other than Zen will improve the exchange rate for everyone. From a business perspective, it is a matter of determining what's a good balance for the players (the lower the better) and Cryptic themselves (not too low that it negatively affects revenue).
  • Options
    sirmaydaysirmayday Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    ...Cryptic themselves (not too low that it negatively affects revenue).

My economics training is old and my memory rusty, and I'm not certain how it applies to MMOs, but is that really a thing? As long as Zen purchases remain consistently profitable, does it actually affect Cryptic how the owners of that Zen choose to spend it (that is, by either spending it themselves or selling it to another player to spend)? Indeed, part of me wants to wager that a lower Zen:dilithium ratio is preferable, since there is no real word profit to stockpiled dilithium, but the more the market can encourage conversion of that stockpile to newly purchased Zen, the more Cryptic profits. It seems to my inexpert eye that, so long as the market will consistently bear a low rate, a low rate is preferable to Cryptic.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    sirmayday wrote: »

My economics training is old and my memory rusty, and I'm not certain how it applies to MMOs, but is that really a thing? As long as Zen purchases remain consistently profitable, does it actually affect Cryptic how the owners of that Zen choose to spend it (that is, by either spending it themselves or selling it to another player to spend)? Indeed, part of me wants to wager that a lower Zen:dilithium ratio is preferable, since there is no real word profit to stockpiled dilithium, but the more the market can encourage conversion of that stockpile to newly purchased Zen, the more Cryptic profits. It seems to my inexpert eye that, so long as the market will consistently bear a low rate, a low rate is preferable to Cryptic.

The higher the amount of dil you must trade to get zen the more grinding you must do. Possibly the grind will overwhelm you and you will just purchase the zen instead. Also, you will be able to purchase less zen in general (making the prices of all things in the store go up (but not really)). This is more complicated, though, because the supply of dil has greatly increased - meaning the grind might not really be any more severe than it ever was.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    sirmayday wrote: »

It's not what people do with the Zen they purchased with real money that I am referring to. I am referring to people who grinds Dil to exchange it for Zen.

At an exchange rate of 500:1 some players may simply decide it is easier and quicker to just purchase Zen with real money. At an exchange rate of 100:1 (the closest I've seen is 118 back in Feb 2014 when I started) players are generally more inclined to grind Dil for Zen; although purchasing Zen with real money is still a whole lot faster. The right balance is whatever the exchange rate is where players (excluding strictly F2P players) are willing to grind Dil for Zen and also purchase Zen to buy whatever they want from the C-Store.

• Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    If I win the Lottery, I will do my part to bring that ratio back to 1:100. :)
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    The fact that cryptic is looking into the fact that the exchange has spiked up means that they at least care about the F2P economy on STO. I was on Neverwinter and it looked devoid of Zen sales on there for their version of dilithium.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited June 2016

Didn't mean to quote my own post please disregard.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png