test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dilithium Exchange RATE 400 all Time record

Dilithium Exchange 400 LOL you all broke the all time 6 year record. LOL I guess I'll CAP out on Refined Dill now. untile this goes back down.
I think the Game really needs more DIL Sinks now.

Comments

• Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    I think there was a time when it was close-ish to 500. But yeah. It's too high right now. Dilithium sinks needed.

Maybe if they came out with some method to choose mods when upgrading equipment that just required a ton of dilithium.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,414 Arc User
    397 at this time.

Exchange has gone up by 50 since that dominion ship sale was announced. Glad that it ends soon.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    *Shrug* I'm always out of dilithium. Game already requires ridiculous amounts for upgrading and buying items.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I use my dil for upgrading. That keeps my levels pretty low since I don't go dil hunting on every toon every day. I'm a very casual player.

I stopped trying to buy zen when the prices topped 300/per. No way I'll trade any hard-earned dil for such piddling amounts of zen. The cap doesn't need to be raised, the prices need to go back down or else there won't be much dil trading going on, except for those who don't care what the price is. I'll buy zen with real money before I'll spend all day hunting dil just to trade it for a few zen.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    1. Its a trade-off between dil-zen being kinda wrecked or a new dil sink that has to provide a whole new round of power creep. Theres been no 'word on the street' that a big dil sink is coming, so its probably a long way off.

2. Old timers have been saving dil for a while, so any downward adjustment in the the exchange rate will be slow.

3. Right now there isn't a ship that makes me want to spend 1.2m dil, maybe that will change with the expansion, best ones will probably be lockbox or lobi anyway.

1+2+3 suggests exchange rate staying way high for a long time and then getting even worse when new shiny ships arrive.
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    gradii wrote: »
    *Shrug* I'm always out of dilithium. Game already requires ridiculous amounts for upgrading and buying items.

Hmm, I think I've used 95%+ of the Dil I've ever had, for zen exchanges. A handful of rep gear items or Dil store hanger pets. And maybe 10-20k for upgrades (I try to stick with Omega & event kits. But, then, I'm not trying to max out all my stuff to gold/Mk14.)

But yeah, the game could use some Dil sinks. "Dil Store Exclusive" ship skins or outfits, maybe? Hmm, that could run out pretty quick, and wouldn't sink enough from the uber-moneybags. Didn't Neverwinter have a sorta-lockbox random prize thing that came from their Dil-store-equivalent, once? /ponder
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    400-1 is quite high compared to what it has been in the past but it all depends on how much dilithium you have at your disposal and what else you want to spend it on.
    I currently have 7500 zen from my lifetime sub perk and also have close to a million dilithium on just one of my 6 characters probably a fair bit on the other 5 as well but I could easily use what dilithium I have in total to make the price of the Temporal Special Agent Pack if I wanted to buy it, happily I don't want it.

the thing is its all very well digging your heels in and refusing to buy zen but at the end of the day what else do you want to spend your dilithium on?, you could have to wait a very long time for it to reach the price you want to pay and it could even go up to 500-1 and you will be kicking youself for not cashing in while it was 400-1.

I am just lucky that at this time that there is nothing I want to spend of dilithium or zen on so I am uneffected.
    I was also extra lucky that I managed to do the majority of my dilithium trading when the price was about 200-1 or less.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    Nope, not gonna kick myself for refusing 400/1. I don't have that much dil to speak of anyway, and it's all going to upgrades when I get around to upgrading.

You can buy zen at 400/1 if you want, that's your prerogative, but I won't. That's a piddling amount of zen for dil.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    500?

8k / 500 = 16 z a day. 16 z x 30 days = 480 z.
    480 z x 12 months = 5760 z p/year.

compared: 300 dil.

8k / 300 = 26.6 z a day. 26.6 z x 30 days = 798 z.
    798 z x 12 months = 9576 z p/year.

compared: 150 dil.

8k / 150 = 53.3 z a day. 53.3 z x 30 days= 1599 z.
    1599 z x 12 months = 19188 z p/year.

the current rate of 500 has wiped off a considerably amount of profit anyone can make. if there is not a sink soon and this says at 500 for a long while, it would be worthless being on the dil market for any real reason unless you plan to spent most of the year trying to get a t6 ship at 5k zen.

the current market is oppressive.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    ^This. If people want to continue getting their piddly amounts of zen for dil then the market will continue to stay near the cap. If Cryptic raises the cap then that's it. People will start charging more than 500 dil/zen and that's just unreasonable.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    just for future consideration, if the ceiling on the dil market was raised instead of something being done about it (to sweep it under the rug as it were).

8k / 600 = 13.3z. 13.3z x 30 days = 399 z
    399 z x 12 months = 4788 z p/year

i just want to make this clear, if it ends up going towards 600 one day and cryptic refused to find reasonable sinks, it would take over a year and almost a month to get 5k z for a ship from the store, that is unreasonable.

T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    It is only going to get higher and then max out at 500.

Cryptic seem to like it being this way, though they've already priced most f2p people out of the Dil - Zen market..
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Of course, those who would praise a cap raise are those who are buying dil, not those who are buying zen. Naturally those dil buyers want as high a ceiling as they can get.

I, however, agree with mirrorchaos. It's already unreasonable for zen-buyers. It'd be a better deal to get the lifer and let your stipend build up. If only I could afford even the lifer sale price...
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    I will wait till gets close to 1000.

I guess DEVs cant do much to decrease the supply? perhaps go back to another currency or just get rid of it?​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    storules wrote: »
    I will wait till gets close to 1000.

I guess DEVs cant do much to decrease the supply? perhaps go back to another currency or just get rid of it?​​

The devs control the market.

If they actually released large Dilithium sinks on a regular basis, along with stuff to spend Zen on, it would level out.

However, all we get it more stuff to buy in the stores/Lockboxes, and more high Dilithium payouts in event's.

This just makes matters worse...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    They want it like this. It's designed to get more folks to buy zen on (or with) a card instead of grinding for dil. There's a "sweet spot" for making people part with their money instead of their time. If you can walk away, then you are not addicted. If you cannot, well then...
  • Options
    I can walk away, and have. Sometimes for months at a time. Last time was just after anniversary event. Did not come back on until CC started, and now gearing up for summer event. Still, not gonna part with my dil with prices approaching 400/1. Neither am I going to buy it when I don't have cash for it. When I feel like playing, then I play and do the best I can with what I have.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Wish I had an app I could use to just buy buy buy, I hope it doesn't go back down before I get off work
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Don't panic yet...

It should hit around 450 when the individual AoY themed starships are available for purchase in the C-Store...
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Come on...think smarter than that: How many of you are now trying for the pot of Zen at the end of that ARC quest?
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    rllaillieurllaillieu Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    I guess I should feel grateful that I not only bought the pack, but I'm saving up dil like crazy. Welp, I don't need any ships or anything, so I guess I'll go for tons of upgrades and stuff on my main toon to try and get as much purple as possible.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,541 Arc User
    I have around 500k of the stuff on my four chars. This is after spending it on stuff I wanted for my chars. The rate will come down again. After AoY has been around a month or two. The rate spiked after the announcement of LoR coming soon as well. After the LoR release it went down to a more reasonable level.

I play STO for entertainment, not economics, lol. If I happen to garner some Dilithium along the way, so be it.

I refuse to buy Zen off the Exchange at such a price. Let all those sitting on piles of Zen remain where they are. Let them ask outrageous rates. Sooner or later they will run out of things to purchase in the C-Store. In the long view, Zen is a useless currency. Don't believe me? Go to the burger joint nearest to you and try to pay for a burger with Zen. This whole thing isn't about an exchange rate. It is all about power and control over others. When you surrender control of yourself to another player over your uncontrolled addiction to Zen, you are displaying weakness. Are you sure you want to do that?
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    kostamojenxkostamojenx Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    Admiralty has caused dilithium to skyrocket. It probably wont drop again until the next upgrade event or until another fleet holding is released.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I have around 500k of the stuff on my four chars. This is after spending it on stuff I wanted for my chars. The rate will come down again. After AoY has been around a month or two. The rate spiked after the announcement of LoR coming soon as well. After the LoR release it went down to a more reasonable level.

I play STO for entertainment, not economics, lol. If I happen to garner some Dilithium along the way, so be it.

I refuse to buy Zen off the Exchange at such a price. Let all those sitting on piles of Zen remain where they are. Let them ask outrageous rates. Sooner or later they will run out of things to purchase in the C-Store. In the long view, Zen is a useless currency. Don't believe me? Go to the burger joint nearest to you and try to pay for a burger with Zen. This whole thing isn't about an exchange rate. It is all about power and control over others. When you surrender control of yourself to another player over your uncontrolled addiction to Zen, you are displaying weakness. Are you sure you want to do that?

A valid point for sure. However, for most people the dilithium now is worthless so they will rather have some crumbs to nothing at all.

Oh if only there was some use for these piles of dilithium! Something neat where we could spend it.

Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    This is why I wish they'd stop making events give out far too much dil like they insist on doing, AND stop those dil weekend events, I hate those cause all they do is inflate things worse and worse every time they run. And of course, reputation mark dil rewards and admiralty need a hefty nerf as well. Admiralty for being as effortless it is should not give out so much. Dil needs to require some actual effort again to earn.
  • Options

A valid point for sure. However, for most people the dilithium now is worthless so they will rather have some crumbs to nothing at all.

Oh if only there was some use for these piles of dilithium! Something neat where we could spend it.

I will never settle for crumbs off the exchange. The price either comes down or I sit on my dil.

If someone else wants to 'settle' for crumbs, they're more than welcome to it. I'm not a bird. I need more than crumbs.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    badvaiobadvaio Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    The exchange rate is at 400 because players will pay that for zen.
  • Options
    Some players will, some won't. It's at the price now that makes getting a LTS is looking to be a better deal.
    Now a LTS and loving it.