test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dilithium Exchange RATE 400 all Time record

Comments

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,348 Arc User
    Currently the rate seems to have stabilized between 415-420. Too steep for me to consider purchasing zen with dil.
    I am not convinced that the dilithium rewards are the cause of all of this because there is still the 8500 refinement limit (little higher for LTS/gold).

What we DO have is a spending frenzy for zen with the upcoming AoY expansion. E.g. the exchange rate jumped 30 points when news of the chronos class temporal dreadnought was released.

A dilithium sink, which will probably come with AoY themes for the fleets, and slowing down the constant flood of events will most likely get the exchange back to 330-350.

Personally i would prefer 200-250, but realistically that bridge has been burned behind us.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    even 330-350 is likely to of been a bridge burned behind it. when people get greedy, they want to keep things like this for as long as they can get away with it. thats humanity for you, everyone is always out for themselves an decency is like a 3rd hand after-thought. the chances are that it will be kept at 400 for a few months before it will start trickling out to about the high 300s where it will remain until cryptic actually do something to bring this god forsaken exchange rate down.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    the updates didn't really start snowballing until the beginning of this year, but yes - they are now doing far more than just putting out a lockbox every 4 months and the occasional new store item or bugfix​​

Fascinating. How come?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    Wanting it to be less is Greed when you're buying Zen...

Both sides have a equal right to try and serve themselves. The person in the most haste loses.
  • Options
    starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    starmanj wrote: »
    Some food for thought: If you Sell Zen at a Certain rate you are Stuck with Buying Zen at that rate or Higher for a extended period of time. This would at least end Buy low sell high Zen Players.

How about...no. Terrible idea is terrible.

I though a good Idea you don't have to buy if you don't need or want Also I'am so tired of seeing my UN-refine Dill just disappear into a bit bucket.

Oh boo hoo. This game ain't about YOU, you bloody egotistical ****. I tried being nice about it, but you seem to not be getting it. The game should not be changed drastically and in a manner that will harm quite a lot of other player who aren't in your situation so YOU are happy. If you seriously can't get that, WTF dude. I'm done being nice to you. You keep bring this up, and I will keep telling you how wrong you are (and porbably in a not nice way).

LOL coldnapalm you haven't been nice to anyone so who cares and it is not just about me a lot of us oldies are in the same boat.

No, that was me being nice. There are almost NOBODY in the same boat as you. There are maybe a HANDFUL of oldies who are too dumb like you to make alts...or play less...or play other game for a while. You seem to be under the mistaken impression that there are a lot of incredibly stupid people in this game who can't seem to figure those rather simple things out. Sorry to break this to you...but no, really, it's just you. And no, the game should not be changed for the benefit of YOU at the harm of EVERYONE ELSE. So not only are you so stupid as to think something like that should happen, but you really think there are other incredible stupid people around? I'm sorry, but if you are correct, then humanity needs to die...right now. Fortunately, you are all sorts of wrong.

Yes I got Alt 9 toons soon to go to 12 when new episode come all lvl 60 3 are at cap un-refine DIL so if that is being stupid your just not playing the game right. All I was saying that there should be a Cap DIL Increase tokens added to store for those that want to buy them.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    nikeix wrote: »
    Wanting it to be less is Greed when you're buying Zen...

Both sides have a equal right to try and serve themselves. The person in the most haste loses.

yeah? if that is even remotely the dil prices would be between 100-150. take your fantasies elsewhere, the fact is that the whales are making, baking and eating their cake with all their greed the past several years now. your argument holds as much water as a sieve.
  • Options
    yeah? if that is even remotely the dil prices would be between 100-150. take your fantasies elsewhere, the fact is that the whales are making, baking and eating their cake with all their greed the past several years now. your argument holds as much water as a sieve.

You can say it, but it doesn't make it true.

If anything it just moves your noise-making out past entitlement into pure narcissism.
  • Options

You can say it, but it doesn't make it true.

If anything it just moves your noise-making out past entitlement into pure narcissism.

doenst it? you must be walking around life with your eyes closed.
  • Options
    And yet the exchange is at 400+ and the universe sides with me.
  • Options
    And yet the exchange is at 400+ and the universe sides with me.

your point is that greed works both ways, and you have yet to prove that it does work both ways after several years. your point, not mine. try again.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    echatty wrote: »
    Why would any person selling their dil *want* to pay 550dil/zen?

I don't think they need to raise the cap at all. The price needs to come down. Dil is devalued enough, it doesn't need to be devalued any more.

Its devalued because of how easy it is to get, and how little sinks there are for it anymore.

Someone would want to pay 550 dil/zen because he had more dil in his pocket and wanted zen.

Same reason people want to pay 400+ now, but didnt used to.

More dil in the pocket, desire to pay more dil/zen.

That's the biggest crock of bull manure I've read in my life. I don't want to sell my dil for no piddling 550/1. I don't even want to pay the current exchange rate. I think you have it backwards. The zen sellers want us to pay 550/1, not the dil sellers.

Think about it more

10 guys are all willing to pay 500, 510, 525, etc etc all the way up to 549 dil/zen.

You have a million dil and want some zen now, you go on the dilex and see that there is zen available at 550ea.

To get your zen, what do you want to do with your dil, at that moment?

1: I don't want zen so badly that I'll accept unreasonable offers.

2: If I see zen at unreasonable prices, I'll go spend real money on it if I want something badly enough.

This is me.

Now I have a question for dil sellers. Do you *want* to pay what the exchange is asking?
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    This what I think about when I see the dil exchange spike, and after I smile.

https://media.makeameme.org/created/Ferengi-rule-10.jpg
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    cidjack wrote: »
    This what I think about when I see the dil exchange spike, and after I smile.

https://media.makeameme.org/created/Ferengi-rule-10.jpg

Indeed. It's funny that a Star Trek game is entirely centered around this stuff pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    tessaravejgantessaravejgan Member Posts: 276
    Well I looked today and it was 414. That's too high for me to buy. I have to say I'm glad for the arc quests at this point.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    If you have a lot of dil in your pocket, you become willing to spend more dil per zen. If lots of people have lots of dil in their pocket, the market rate will go up and up.

This is exactly why this whole thing doesn't bother me that much, there is so much Dilithium out there that the high exchange rate makes little difference to me.

I bought a 3k Zen ship just a few minutes ago entirely with Dilithium. The exchange rate was 415 to 1 Zen so I paid just north of 1.25M Dilithum for the ship, and I still have more then enough left between my 5 characters to buy another ship if I want one.

Why was I willing to pay so much? Because I don't care.. Dilithium means about as much to me as pennies I find on the street. It's easy to get, I have tons of it, all my stuff is Mark XIV so what else am I even going to use the Dilithum for?

Even at 400+ exchange rate, it's still not that hard to get whatever you want using Zen. I bought a ship I kinda wanted just because I wanted to clear some Dilithum, it's so plentiful it has almost no value.

Given the general devaluation of Dilithium, I'm actually surprised it's holding at only 415.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    Some food for thought: If you Sell Zen at a Certain rate you are Stuck with Buying Zen at that rate or Higher for a extended period of time. This would at least end Buy low sell high Zen Players.

I though a good Idea you don't have to buy if you don't need or want Also I'am so tired of seeing my UN-refine Dill just disappear into a bit bucket.

Oh boo hoo. This game ain't about YOU, you bloody egotistical ****. I tried being nice about it, but you seem to not be getting it. The game should not be changed drastically and in a manner that will harm quite a lot of other player who aren't in your situation so YOU are happy. If you seriously can't get that, WTF dude. I'm done being nice to you. You keep bring this up, and I will keep telling you how wrong you are (and porbably in a not nice way).

LOL coldnapalm you haven't been nice to anyone so who cares and it is not just about me a lot of us oldies are in the same boat.

No, that was me being nice. There are almost NOBODY in the same boat as you. There are maybe a HANDFUL of oldies who are too dumb like you to make alts...or play less...or play other game for a while. You seem to be under the mistaken impression that there are a lot of incredibly stupid people in this game who can't seem to figure those rather simple things out. Sorry to break this to you...but no, really, it's just you. And no, the game should not be changed for the benefit of YOU at the harm of EVERYONE ELSE. So not only are you so stupid as to think something like that should happen, but you really think there are other incredible stupid people around? I'm sorry, but if you are correct, then humanity needs to die...right now. Fortunately, you are all sorts of wrong.

Yes I got Alt 9 toons soon to go to 12 when new episode come all lvl 60 3 are at cap un-refine DIL so if that is being stupid your just not playing the game right. All I was saying that there should be a Cap DIL Increase tokens added to store for those that want to buy them.

Did you just go full on moron? WTF are you even trying to say in this drivel? I mean you really didn't have anything worthwhile to say to begin with...but man, this takes things to a whole new level. All I got is that you have 9 alts...well play some of those instead of the one that has reached cap you moron.

Looking at some of your useless 2k+ post I see that you really get along with a lot of other posters Ha Ha I would suggest if you have nothing nice to say to others stop Posting.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Did you just go full on moron? WTF are you even trying to say in this drivel? I mean you really didn't have anything worthwhile to say to begin with...but man, this takes things to a whole new level. All I got is that you have 9 alts...well play some of those instead of the one that has reached cap you moron.

Looking at some of your useless 2k+ post I see that you really get along with a lot of other posters Ha Ha I would suggest if you have nothing nice to say to others stop Posting.

You know, I gave a valid advice on what you can do so you stop hurting yourself. But hey, if you want to continue to hurt yourself, by all means...but as soon as you start to DEMAND that the game gets changed in a manner that hurts other players because YOU ARE A MORON...well. I may not be nice...but at least I have a brain. Can't say the same for you unfortunately. And you read all my 2k+ post?!? What are you? Some sort of stalker? That's just creepy. I'd tell you to get a life...but considering that you maxed out your dil and continue to grind dil anyways, I know what the answer to that suggestion would be...so I won't waste my breath.

LOL First I never DEMANDED anything, I was requesting that DIL CAP Increase Tokens be added to STO Store to relieve the 10 mil Cap, like the Energy Credit CAP Increase. Also guess what: this is how the Energy Credit CAP token Got added to store I am sure you were not on back in 2008 when this happened and FYI it has gone up even Higher now. So don't say nothing can't be Changed. It can and it does happen.

Also note this would not hurt any other players only help PWE make a sell in there store for those that want to buy them.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,281 Arc User
    actually, it DID begin development in 2008, because a gameplay trailer for the game was shown at the las vegas star trek convention on august 10th of that year, and in order to show a gameplay trailer...​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    'development' is pushing it when describing perpetual...4 years or so, and the most they had to show was some concept art, a few imgame art assets (both of which cryptic got) a whatever small amount of code they managed to develop before they went bankrupt (which cryptic didn't get)

so basically, cryptic built an entire game from the ground up in less than 2 years, give or take, and their original story actually did NOT have romulus destroyed; they had to scramble to rewrite the entire thing when they got an advance copy of ST2009's script - or so the story goes...i may have gotten a detail or two wrong​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    closed beta started october 22, 2009, open beta january 12, 2010​​

#LegalizeAwoo