test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dilithium Exchange RATE 400 all Time record

Comments

• Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Why would any person selling their dil *want* to pay 550dil/zen?

I don't think they need to raise the cap at all. The price needs to come down. Dil is devalued enough, it doesn't need to be devalued any more.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    @echatty & @repetitiveepic

Its not that dilithium is devalued, its that the F2P system, along with the dil' exchange has given the impress that a person doesnt need to/shouldnt have to spend any cash to play (any) of the game. The more F2P players that have come on, with this impression far outweights the players that are spending cash on Zen and selling it on the exchange. The fact is that there are not enough sellers, in comparison to buyers to keep the equillibrium point at a lower level.
  • Options
    thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Why sell at anything less than 500 dil now? Which is to say that the market has demonstrated it will clearly support this pricing.
    DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • Options
    starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    starmanj wrote: »
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Some food for thought: If you Sell Zen at a Certain rate you are Stuck with Buying Zen at that rate or Higher for a extended period of time. This would at least end Buy low sell high Zen Players.

How about...no. Terrible idea is terrible.

I though a good Idea you don't have to buy if you don't need or want Also I'am so tired of seeing my UN-refine Dill just disappear into a bit bucket.

Hell, not this nonsense again....

Look we get that you are so space rich that you've maxed out your ore quota, but seriously what is the probem? You just need to keep plugging away at that hoard and you'll never need to work ingame again. You literally have enough dilithium plus whatever you earn for anything in the game.

Just accept it and stop trying to get things changed just to solve your personal wealth crisis.

Not just my Issues many of us old timers I am sure of are tried of seeing any of there DIL just poof Disappear. You have a need to play for something not to watch go away. LOL I also play for the fun of it.
  • Options
    @thekodanarmada#7342

If there were enough sellers entering the market, sooner or later, once supply starts meeting demand, it will take longer to sell the Zen, and enough percentage of suppliers will reduce (ever so slightly) thier price to move thier supply. Its simple economics, and has worked in (non-monopoly or non-oligopoly) markets since forever.
  • Options
    thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    Yes, but we're talking about a future now where a zen seller isn't going to want to take less than this market maximum, because it's now known it can get there and stay there. Any sellers entering the market would instantly pick up this lesson too.

The only solution is to remove the dilithium cap per zen.
    DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • Options
    @thekodanarmada#7342

Dont be so sure, sellers, just as much as buyers, can suffer from the affliction of "instant gratification syndrome", with enough of a balance between supply and demand, the sellers will end up reducing prices, its human nature.
  • Options
    doublechadoublecha Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    529 is the highest I've seen, a long time ago.
    Qapla'
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    which is impossible, because the limit is 500 and has ALWAYS been 500​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    echatty wrote: »

I don't think they need to raise the cap at all. The price needs to come down. Dil is devalued enough, it doesn't need to be devalued any more.

Its devalued because of how easy it is to get, and how little sinks there are for it anymore.

Someone would want to pay 550 dil/zen because he had more dil in his pocket and wanted zen.

Same reason people want to pay 400+ now, but didnt used to.

More dil in the pocket, desire to pay more dil/zen.

That's the biggest crock of bull manure I've read in my life. I don't want to sell my dil for no piddling 550/1. I don't even want to pay the current exchange rate. I think you have it backwards. The zen sellers want us to pay 550/1, not the dil sellers.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Epic is right, when a currency (or any item) becomes easy to obtain and readily available, it's value decreases.

Value is determined by supply and demand, it's the most basic of all economic principals. Right now, Dilithium is easy to acquire and can be earned with little effort. Supply for Dilithium is high, and it's demand is low because it's an easy to obtain currency but there is nothing else to do with it other then trade it for Zen.

People are willing to exchange larger quantities then they used to because it's easy to get and otherwise worthless.

Zen demand on the other hand is always high, especially more so when a new ship or pack is made available. Hi Dilithium supply, low dilithium value, and high Zen Demand are the reasons the exchange is what it is.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    Some food for thought: If you Sell Zen at a Certain rate you are Stuck with Buying Zen at that rate or Higher for a extended period of time. This would at least end Buy low sell high Zen Players.

How about...no. Terrible idea is terrible.

I though a good Idea you don't have to buy if you don't need or want Also I'am so tired of seeing my UN-refine Dill just disappear into a bit bucket.

Oh boo hoo. This game ain't about YOU, you bloody egotistical ****. I tried being nice about it, but you seem to not be getting it. The game should not be changed drastically and in a manner that will harm quite a lot of other player who aren't in your situation so YOU are happy. If you seriously can't get that, WTF dude. I'm done being nice to you. You keep bring this up, and I will keep telling you how wrong you are (and porbably in a not nice way).

LOL coldnapalm you haven't been nice to anyone so who cares and it is not just about me a lot of us oldies are in the same boat.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    well, if I understand right and they never raised the cap in Neverwinter I doubt they will raise it here. Maybe they will offer some sinks in the fall to keep it off being buried at 500 - down to 480 or something and fluctuating back to 500 sometimes.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    The exchange is working as intended; people are now willing to pay real $$ for Zen, and this is the lifeblood of STO... :|
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    The exchange is working as intended; people are now willing to pay real $$ for Zen, and this is the lifeblood of STO... :|

So true, this is how I get my Zen. I refuse to sell my Dil for those prices.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »

Oh, that's easy - because they want their Zeni FASTER than the next guy who is selling his dilithium for 549.

That's all that's happening now - the price isn't rising because the Zeni sellers are evil TRIBBLE - it's rising because the dilithium sellers are in a hurry.

• Options
    That's their problem then. I would never be in that big of a hurry that I would sell my dil for even what's already there.

If others want to get in a hurry, that's their prerogative, but raising the cap won't fix anything, it'll just make it worse. The only people I even see begging for a cap increase are zen sellers, not zen buyers.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    they didn't raise it in champions either, and that has been at 500 a few times in the past few years...not so much now that lots of nice things are being added that can be purchased with questionite​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    the updates didn't really start snowballing until the beginning of this year, but yes - they are now doing far more than just putting out a lockbox every 4 months and the occasional new store item or bugfix​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Wait, they are doing stuff on Champions? I was under the impression that Champions was just kind of coasting along at this point and not receiving major updates, at least that is what Cryptic's corporate profit statement last year implied.

Champions has as dedicated following as STO. Albeit smaller.

Anways, food for thought. They just raised the cap to 1000 in russian NW. Tho it was a little bit higher originally.
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary