test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STAR TREK BEYOND - TRAILER #2!

Comments

• Options
    voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    Ok, THAT was a much better trailer. I think this could actually be an interesting movie. Will have to see how it all pans out, but I will admit, it got my interest.
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    The new ship, looks awesome.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    talonxv wrote: »
    The new ship, looks awesome.

Yeah, not for long.
    DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,022 Community Moderator
    The Franklin looks to be an older design ship than Enterprise.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    this is likely what is causing instabilities in subspace in some places, warp travel requires subspace to operate in but it also has a cumulative effect little by little. the field literally cuts through space like a back of a spon through fairly soft ice cream, it pushes it to a side.

Some freaky imagery at work in your mind.

nope, only canon at work.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Warp_field
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    this is likely what is causing instabilities in subspace in some places, warp travel requires subspace to operate in but it also has a cumulative effect little by little. the field literally cuts through space like a back of a spon through fairly soft ice cream, it pushes it to a side.

Chaos often has freaky images...

It affects our relationship... a.. bit.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Who am I kidding? I'd have gone to see it anyway.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    artan42 wrote: »

Same, LOL.

Very good trailer, though!
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    equinox976 wrote: »

Chaos often has freaky images...

It affects our relationship... a.. bit.

creepy comment aside..
    mhall85 wrote: »
    artan42 wrote: »

Same, LOL.

Very good trailer, though!

i saw the first one, wanst that great to see, the second one seems a bit more like the type of thing that would make you watch it.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    I do love that jacket, but not the uniforms. They aren't bad, just not better imo. This trailer gives me more hope... still seems a bit 2fast2trek but at least it looks like there is some actual Trek this time.
    hypl wrote: »
    khan5000 wrote: »
    Are they in the NX?

It's supposedly this ship, which was leaked a while back.

franklin-poster.jpg

So nice of them to bring FASA's Loknar class into the new age
    latest?cb=20070130012506
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,022 Community Moderator
    She does bare a resemblence to the Loknar...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    The Franklin is a nice ship. A very clear stage between the NX (and the Warp Delta come to think of it) and the Kelvin.

ENT really is served much better as a prequel to the AR films than it was as a prequel to TOS.
    This is most apparent from the designs of the hand weapons, uniforms, and starships.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options
    kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Maybe the franklin is a upgraded nx. Post the designed nx refit by drex. Even the loknar is simular to the nx. Heres hoping it makes it into game lol
  • Options
    captainchaos66captainchaos66 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    I LOOOOVE this trailor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY didn't they lead off with THIS trailor, and play the other one AFTER release, or in another country or something! To me this trailor brings us closer to the good old days of Star Trek. Yes we have the action, and adventure, and the ships blowing up, but we also have the emotional self doubt of Kirk which was a STAPLE of TOS!!
    I like Justin Lin has a director very much, and I think he did Trek justice just by looking at this trailor. It doesn't look like another movie, or an episode just remade for the big screen, it looks like a NEW story made in the same guise that made Trek Trek. Of course the little ship that could ( Franklin?) is definitely a Homage to the NX class ship, which is AWESOME!
    My enthusiasm level for this movie just jumped from about a 2 to a 9.5!!! I hope this movie makes $1 BILLION to show all the haters that just because its DIFFERENT doesn't mean it isn't TREK!
    Fleet Admiral In charge of Bacon
    Fighting 5th Attack Squadron
    The Devils Henchman
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    I LOOOOVE this trailor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY didn't they lead off with THIS trailor, and play the other one AFTER release, or in another country or something! To me this trailor brings us closer to the good old days of Star Trek. Yes we have the action, and adventure, and the ships blowing up, but we also have the emotional self doubt of Kirk which was a STAPLE of TOS!!
    I like Justin Lin has a director very much, and I think he did Trek justice just by looking at this trailor. It doesn't look like another movie, or an episode just remade for the big screen, it looks like a NEW story made in the same guise that made Trek Trek. Of course the little ship that could ( Franklin?) is definitely a Homage to the NX class ship, which is AWESOME!
    My enthusiasm level for this movie just jumped from about a 2 to a 9.5!!! I hope this movie makes $1 BILLION to show all the haters that just because its DIFFERENT doesn't mean it isn't TREK!

The 'trailor' ticket. Hmm. Perhaps lucrative.
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    This looked far better than the last trailer.

The visuals look stunning and I love that long distance shot of the Enterprise at warp, that's what should be in a Trek film, not just explosions!
    Uniforms are pretty neat I think, they really do feel like they are quite close to some STO stuff which makes me wonder where ideas come from for them.
    I'm intrigued about who these bad dudes are though, they look like some sort of weird Hirogen copy (what with the putting all sorts of people on one planet/prison/hunting ground, but with ideas of invading earth by the look of it.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    Coolest shot in the trailer, IMO... :smile:

warp2.jpg

rotate the image and it's the Starfleet emblem

its not seen in other trek, but thats the warp bubble that protects the ship from time dilation and the ship itself. in some series you see a display with a ship in the middle and an outline of a warp field, thats what this is.

I know what it is...just saying if you turn the pic it forms the starfleet chevron
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    She does bare a resemblence to the Loknar...
    No, the Loc'Nar looks like this:

loc%20nar_zpsgygjjfaz.jpg
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    equinox976 wrote: »
    Coolest shot in the trailer, IMO... :smile:

warp2.jpg

rotate the image and it's the Starfleet emblem

its not seen in other trek, but thats the warp bubble that protects the ship from time dilation and the ship itself. in some series you see a display with a ship in the middle and an outline of a warp field, thats what this is.

Is there a symbol that protects ships from time effects at sub light speeds?

I did not realise symbols had such power.
    The concept appears to be similar to Alcubierre-White warp theory, in that the ship exists in a bubble of "flat" space, with the space in front of the bubble being compressed and the space behind being expanded. (Relativity, you see, sets a maximum limit on how fast something can move through space - but as inflationary theory points out, there's no limit on how quickly space itself can expand or contract...)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    jonsills wrote: »
    The concept appears to be similar to Alcubierre-White warp theory, in the the ship exists in a bubble of "flat" space, with the space in front of the bubble being compressed and the space behind being expanded. (Relativity, you see, sets a maximum limit on how fast something can move through space - but as inflationary theory points out, there's no limit on how quickly space itself can expand or contract...)

This is exactly what I was thinking of, in much better parlance. :smile:
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    Who needs Bill Nye the Science Guy, when we have Trek-no-Nerds of our own!
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Crash Canon Strikes Again...
    <chuckle>
    BTW: Whose been twisting arm to force him to endure the Nu-Trek???
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    Watched the first one out of curiosity, wish I hadn't, suffered through the second one just to see how crappy it was, wasn't disappointed as it was just as bad as the first, so there's no way I'm putting my self through more of this non-canon, make a quick buck by destroying the original, garbage fest.

I will never filthy my collection with this TRIBBLE.

Eh, I might watch it once when it eventually shows up on TV or something, just to see if they've finally started evolving.

I'm not holding my breath.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    daveyny wrote: »
    BTW: Whose been twisting arm to force him to endure the Nu-Trek???
    B)

I don't know, but it's really not compulsory to watch what you don't like. I've seen both Insurrection and Final Frontier twice and probably never again.

Besides, the first non-AR ST film I watched was TMP, imagine if I'd have judged TWoK by that and decided not to watch it. Give Beyond the opportunity to be the TWoK of the AR films (TWoK parallels in ID notwithstanding :p )​​

#TASforSTO

• Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    [Off Topic]Wasting your time trying to change the minds of people who hate JJTrek. They spend all day just waiting for someone to post something so they can remind us all, again!, they hate JJTrek. Like we did not suffer through their other bazillion diatribes.

Every time I pull out my JJTrek dvds to watch them once more, I get a special thrill knowing someone somewhere is about to pop a blood vessel over my doing this.

What was it Kirk said? Oh yeah. "People can be frightened of change, Madam Chancellor."[/Off Topic]

Trailer looks pretty snazzy. Looking forward to this one.

A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    The two trailers are like day and night. I wonder if some ppl would be confused about the movie's tone. Anyway, I'm excited!

http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mo/pseudoblog_trekscotty425.jpg
    Post edited by hawku001x on
  • Options
    horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    I like it. Same movie undoubtedly but a snapshot that appeals to me a great deal more. A little less dirt bike and I'm sold.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• Options
    megawolf0megawolf0 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Get the feeling this may or may not have character growth for the crew. Maybe Kirk could grow himself in a way. Thinking this because few times I watch TOS I always wondered what Kirk was like when he was younger when he was in Starfleet. Guess this is my way of seeing that even if it is an alternate universe.