• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    WOW!

Just... WOW!!!

200_s.gif

I've watched it 30 times already.
    Post edited by daveyny on
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Pretty cool. Not sure I like the tweaked uniforms though. I liked the ones from the previous movies, but those jackets are awesome.

Still... gonna go see that.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    Right?! :smile:
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Pretty cool. Not sure I like the tweaked uniforms though. I liked the ones from the previous movies, but those jackets are awesome.

Still... gonna go see that.

I agree about the uniforms. They are actually pretty close to one of the Antares variants in STO... but, they just seem weird to me. The previous uniforms were a fantastic mix of retro and modern, IMO.

I want them for my TOS captain for AoY... :wink:
    Coming SOON" to a Star Trek Online Game near you.

<chuckle>
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    Are they in the NX?
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    Oh hey, that trailer's actually better. :)
    khan5000 wrote: »
    Are they in the NX?

It's supposedly this ship, which was leaked a while back.

franklin-poster.jpg
  • samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    I believe it's supposed to be an old ship possibly even before the Kelvin so it could be Prime Universe technically.
  • megawolf0megawolf0 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Awesome! And if I remember, the Enterprise series wasn't affected by when Spock and Nemo (I believe is what his name is) went back in time.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
    Are they in the NX?

It's called the U.S.S. FRANKLIN.
    B)
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,267 Arc User
    Hmm written by Simon Pegg (Comedy writer) and directed by Lin (Car race director...) I hope it does not turn out to be 'brainless'.

Will wait and see.
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    hypl wrote: »
    Oh hey, that trailer's actually better. :)
    Are they in the NX?

It's supposedly this ship, which was leaked a while back.

franklin-poster.jpg

That IS it. The nacelles match, the 'spine' on the rear of the saucer and bridge as well.

And it wasn't "leaked" it was given out as a reward for doing something with the film. I think it was charity donation?
    Coolest shot in the trailer, IMO... :smile:

warp2.jpg
  • mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    tuskin67 wrote: »

That IS it. The nacelles match, the 'spine' on the rear of the saucer and bridge as well.

And it wasn't "leaked" it was given out as a reward for doing something with the film. I think it was charity donation?

Oh damm, I was hoping they would use the prime universe NX class, that would have been uber trek geek! tiger-13.gif​​
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    mhall85 wrote: »

Better trailer, but the star trek as I loved is no more in these movies. I love how people bad mouth ST: nemesis for it's unnecessary scenes. But these new movies have Nonsensical plots as well as more unnecessary action scenes and more dues ex machina then any star trek movie to date, which broke my suspension of disbelief. I can't enjoy any movie which breaks my immersion as much as these do. Does this have to do with my expectations of sci-fi yes, but that's because I have been trained to expect better from sci-fi films.
    star-trek-beyond-poster.jpg
    Your pain runs deep.
    startrekbeyondposter.jpg
    Your pain runs deep.
    startrekbeyondposter.jpg

This is a fan exclusive to the event last night, BTW. This will not be an official marketing poster for the film.

Great homage... one of the recent comics did the same thing.

warp2.jpg

rotate the image and it's the Starfleet emblem
    Your pain runs deep.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User

warp2.jpg

its not seen in other trek, but thats the warp bubble that protects the ship from time dilation and the ship itself. in some series you see a display with a ship in the middle and an outline of a warp field, thats what this is.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,267 Arc User

warp2.jpg

its not seen in other trek, but thats the warp bubble that protects the ship from time dilation and the ship itself. in some series you see a display with a ship in the middle and an outline of a warp field, thats what this is.

Is there a symbol that protects ships from time effects at sub light speeds?

I did not realise symbols had such power.
    Certainly better than the "warp tunnel" from the previous two movies.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited May 2016
    equinox976 wrote: »

warp2.jpg

Is there a symbol that protects ships from time effects at sub light speeds?

I did not realise symbols had such power.

no, thats just a expression of the the warp bubble from the nacelles.

although it is non canon source, this is an example of what i mean:
    valkyrie_warp_field_engineering_display_okudagram_by_vsfx-d8bpkg6.png
    latest?cb=20141214215006&path-prefix=en
    Would this help? Actual shot from TNG of a graphic display of a warp field.
    latest?cb=20141214215006&path-prefix=en
    Would this help? Actual shot from TNG of a graphic display of a warp field.

that works.
    Certainly better than the "warp tunnel" from the previous two movies.

This looks much cooler, but I didn't mind the look of the other movies. A bit too Hyperspace, sure, but I actually think Prime Trek's warp effect is too "clean," given the actual scientific theory around FTL travel. Shoot, that's why it's called "warp." Space should be warped around the ship, not just going very fast.
    this is likely what is causing instabilities in subspace in some places, warp travel requires subspace to operate in but it also has a cumulative effect little by little. the field literally cuts through space like a back of a spon through fairly soft ice cream, it pushes it to a side.
  • thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    this is likely what is causing instabilities in subspace in some places, warp travel requires subspace to operate in but it also has a cumulative effect little by little. the field literally cuts through space like a back of a spon through fairly soft ice cream, it pushes it to a side.

Some freaky imagery at work in your mind.
    DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]