Install Arc
Options

In honor of TOS: Captain rank cap

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    This is why my captains are just captains and wear captain rank pips and uniforms. TRIBBLE the admiral thing being insinuated by cryptic I don't want it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9JrD8nubSU

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    I have just one (more) thing to say in regards to this. When Shon was selected for command of the Ent-F, he went to Commodore Data for advice and his blessing. Data's response as to why Shon would be a good candidate for the job of captaining the Federation flagship, he said something along the lines of the newest captain of the Enterprise needing to be a warrior as well as a diplomat.

I think this came from Memory Beta, but my memory is a little hazy...being that I last looked it up about a year ago.
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    sharpie65 wrote: »
    I have just one (more) thing to say in regards to this. When Shon was selected for command of the Ent-F, he went to Commodore Data for advice and his blessing. Data's response as to why Shon would be a good candidate for the job of captaining the Federation flagship, he said something along the lines of the newest captain of the Enterprise needing to be a warrior as well as a diplomat.

I think this came from Memory Beta, but my memory is a little hazy...being that I last looked it up about a year ago.

You're mixing things up. Commodore Data did command an Enterprise-F in a TNG novel from 1992. It was a different Ent-F than STOs though. In STO Data is still captain and appearantly rejected the offer to command the Ent-F, however I', mot sure if that is ever stated in-game (Memory Beta cites a "STO Short Story" as a source and I have no idea what a STO short story is supposed to be).​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou