What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

One of the COOLEST ship designs Cryptic ever made...wasted =(

Comments

• Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    kekvin wrote: »
    Maybe thats the way to go. A new ship. Connie inspired. Wasent there 1 in the dtne contest?

I'm all for a new ship. That said, I'm still asking for the Excalibur. At least, until it is confirmed that CBS actually said no to the Excalibur.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    GODDAMNIT PEOPLE!

We cannot have an endgame Connie because it makes no sense and it's not allowed!

However, we offer you the following selections to play with, some of which are: Species 8472 BIOSHIPS, Wannabe-JJ Trek ships, ENT-era ships which predate the Constitution-class/TOS-era (hell, they predate the Federation era), and other non-faction ships.

It is TOTALLY and ABSOLUTELY unreasonable for people to want to fly the class that was THE starship of the franchise for over 20 years before TNG and the Galaxy-class arrived.
    its funny cause its true

zrX578k.gif
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    as far as a T5-T5U-T6 connie? no just no

If this was a game based on TOS or the TMP era then yes but this is set farther in the trek timeline, the connie would be obscolete , sadly enough the connies by curent trek time would be a garbage scow, yes scottyi said it but its true now.

You are confused. This thread is *not* asking for a T5/6 connie. As far as the Excalibur goes, it is a modern ship in STO's time period.

Nah im just saying it before someone else does about a T6 connie

As far as the excalibur it is a shrunken sov, not a big deal tbh if anything i agree the avenger IS the T5U connie everyones been clamoring for, they just did it by basing it on the size of the connie and nothing more.

Anyways i still would like to see a miranda reboot with the cryptic touch , i think it would be an awesome ship and could even be a totally unique design.
    Hey @jorantomalak - that has already been done in the book series by the same person who designed the Vesta class (Mark Rademaker):

Merian Class: memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Merian_class

I dont read the books tbh, i dont go to every trek convention under the sun and then some, so how the heck would i know what has or hasnt been done, i thought it was a decent idea and got it between the eyes.

Sheesh people calm down already you dont need to draw and quarter a guy for sharing somehting he though might be a good idea.
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    I've supported that the Exeter/Excalibur/Vesper class ships to become tier 5 then 6.

They are their own separate classes and should be treated as such. I'd love to see a tier 6 Excalibur.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    kuromaikerukuromaikeru Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    While i don't have anything against high tier Excalibur or other variants, i just can't stand, and understand, people treating Connie like air, or a wortless piece of TRIBBLE, that should be launched into a black hole, and never to be seen or heard from again.
    I feel like you just need to mention the word "Connie" and someone shows up, wielding a pitchfork and a torch, yelling "witch, burn the witch" :(
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    While i don't have anything against high tier Excalibur or other variants, i just can't stand, and understand, people treating Connie like air, or a wortless piece of TRIBBLE, that should be launched into a black hole, and never to be seen or heard from again.
    I feel like you just need to mention the word "Connie" and someone shows up, wielding a pitchfork and a torch, yelling "witch, burn the witch" :(

For better or worse, the simple fact is that the end game connie is a dead issue. We know CBS said "no" to that. So while that doesn't necessarily mean you should trolled if you mention it, there is also really no point in discussing that anymore.

Again though, Cryptic has *never* told us that CBS said "no" to an end game Excalibur. That is the question I am asking.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2016

For better or worse, the simple fact is that the end game connie is a dead issue. We know CBS said "no" to that. So while that doesn't necessarily mean you should trolled if you mention it, there is also really no point in discussing that anymore.

Again though, Cryptic has *never* told us that CBS said "no" to an end game Excalibur. That is the question I am asking.

No, it wasn't suppose to be a troll post, or an endgame Connie request, but if it is, then i'm sorry, and just ignore it. I'm just a bit angry and dissapointed, that people that actually enjoyed the first six movies and their estetics don't have anything to enjoy in this game, besides TWOK uniform. I'm also puzzled that we're all good about all those tholian, herald, benthan, hazzari, undine etc. etc. ships being offered to us, but one of the most (if not the most) iconic ship of the whole franchise is being forgotten, and denied even a "mid-game" version for those fans, to play some less demanding content, just because.
  • Options

No, it wasn't suppose to be a troll post, or an endgame Connie request, but if it is, then i'm sorry, and just ignore it. I'm just a bit angry and dissapointed, that people that actually enjoyed the first six movies and their estetics don't have anything to enjoy in this game, besides TWOK uniform. I'm also puzzled that we're all good about all those tholian, herald, benthan, hazzari, undine etc. etc. ships being offered to us, but one of the most (if not the most) iconic ship of the whole franchise is being forgotten, and denied even a "mid-game" version for those fans, to play some less demanding content, just because.

I didn't mean to say *you* were trolling. I meant that you shouldn't be trolled by *others* for mentioning the connie, even though it is a dead issue at this point.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2016

I didn't mean to say *you* were trolling. I meant that you shouldn't be trolled by *others* for mentioning the connie, even though it is a dead issue at this point.

Oh. i get it. Late night hours don't serve my thinking well. You're right, but there was tension growing inside of me, after hearing over and over and over again that my favourite ship is so old and sucks, or some wise guy from CBS said "no" and thats all. Today i've reached my limit and had to let it out. Sorry it happened in here ;)

• Options

Oh. i get it. Late night hours don't serve my thinking well. You're right, but there was tension growing inside of me, after hearing over and over and over again that my favourite ship is so old and sucks, or some wise guy from CBS said "no" and thats all. Today i've reached my limit and had to let it out. Sorry it happened in here ;)

No apology necessary amigo. Sometimes you have to let it all out :D

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited February 2016

It's more like "we have found a witch, may we burn her!?" - people are very quick to play forum police and point out other people's mistake, I can only assume to appeal to the mods/admin/managers showing what a good minion they are. Seriously, I'm not trolling or being hurtful here, but that kind of behaviour works really well. If you create a thread with a specific question you can wait for it that there will be four users saying how stupid you are and that it's forbidden or anything like that without even reading what the topic is about. And I don't mean a simple mentioning like "They said it's not possible, but in the spirit of the topic we can play this through" but with the full intend of stopping the topic - if they could they would also close it pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    highlord83highlord83 Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    lexusk19 wrote: »
    I support this idea. Excalibur is a wonderful looking ship. SHE IS NOT A CONIE! She is a modern 2410 cruiser of her own class. Separate her from the Conie parts and make her a T6 ship.

I vastly prefer the Exeter, but the Excalibur isn't too bad.
    "So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again."
    -Dedication plaque of the Federation Starship U.S.S. Merkava
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    highlord83 wrote: »
    I vastly prefer the Exeter, but the Excalibur isn't too bad.

The Exeter is a Excalibur refit as far as I understand Cryptics residual logic behind their ships.

You have original ships from the 24th century: Sabre, Excalibur, Galaxy for example. Those ships have different variants which look slightly different but are essential the same ship and fill the exact same role. Rapier, Vesper and Monarch, respectively.

Then you have refit types which take those 24th century ships, the same ships, and refit them interior and exterior up to 25th century code. Gladius, Exeter, Venture.

And T6 ships are actually newly built ones. The Andromeda for example, it's not an upgrade of a previously existant ship but a brand new one. Retrofits are the same 24th ships just refitted interior as much as the old framework allows it.

So for Galaxies for example it goes like that: Galaxy and Monarchs are both built analogous to each other in the 24th century. They are essentially the same but diffrent variants. At one point there were no new Galaxy or Monarchs any more. Construction stopped, existing ships however are refitted into Venture-types until no original Galaxy/Monarch exists any more. And new ships of the Exploration cruiser that are built as of 2410 are all Andromeda ships.

So for the cruiser to make a reappearance they'd need to be a T6 version with a new skin like Valiant, Andromeda etc. to mark a point were no new ships are built of the Excalibur/Vesper variants.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User

Some people just enjoy being wrong in groups.
    <3
  • Options
    kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    A) do we need an upgrade to the tier system that allows all ships to be functional at endgame with the boff layout / weapons it has?

Or

B) do away with the ships tiers and have a point system so u can upgrade different aspe cts or your ship like u can in the skill system?
  • Options
    A) do we need an upgrade to the tier system that allows all ships to be functional at endgame with the boff layout / weapons it has?

Or

B) do away with the ships tiers and have a point system so u can upgrade different aspe cts or your ship like u can in the skill system?

It is highly unlikely they would change something that fundamental at this point. Also, if either of your ideas would allow the actual connie to be used as an end game ship, that would also be a no go.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    Ive been playing the delta arc in the connie with a lvl 60 character. If u know how to handel her shes effective in combat
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited February 2016

Or

I had an idea a while ago that was sorta in between those. It allowed us to get more use outta low tier ships while still blocking endgame connies. It was also designed to try to appeal to Cryptic's rampant monetization greed
  • Options
    I was thinking a system like the skill system. U put points into the aspect of the ship u want to improve (engining, science or tatical). U could cap ships u dont want at end game at a certin number of points.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Made my signature last night and couldn't decide what ship to use ... then I remembered my favorite cryptic design and the decision was made for me.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    How about settling for a T6 K'tinga?
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    Some of the parts available to the T6 flagships looks very much like the Excalibur...
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    nikeix wrote: »
    Some of the parts available to the T6 flagships looks very much like the Excalibur...

Umm ... I fail to see any resemblance myself ... care to explain?
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    There are pylons and nacels in the set that are VERY "Excalibur-esque. THere's a decent saucer also (similar notch in the front, similar long lines back from the bridge. The Hull is the only reall stumbling block and you can still get the deflector close.

I shot this over Vulcan about 5 minutes ago :)~
    Excalibur%202_zps7d6gubuj.jpg~original
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    nikeix wrote: »
    There are pylons and nacels in the set that are VERY "Excalibur-esque. THere's a decent saucer also (similar notch in the front, similar long lines back from the bridge. The Hull is the only reall stumbling block and you can still get the deflector close.

I shot this over Vulcan about 5 minutes ago :)~
    Excalibur%202_zps7d6gubuj.jpg~original

I'm curious, is that Primary hull Round like the Enterprise-A or Oval like the Enterprise-D?
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    Neither. Its somewhat elongated. Which I'd argue may also be true of the Excalibur based on the two images shown in the original post.

Got the planet placed a little better this time :).
    Excalibur%20IIa_zpsopuwl0dw.jpg~original
  • Options
    I was thinking some parts are simular to the excalbiur. Still nt the same tho
  • Options
    Never said it was. What I was implying was the Excalibur is far from forgotten down in the art department :).
  • Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    This beats the heck out of that one:

jemstrike2-e1425585759400.jpg​​
This discussion has been closed.