Anniversary Giveaway!

Comments

• Options
    bucklerpwbucklerpw Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    ANNIVERSARY GIVEAWAY today?
  • Options
    keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    https://www.facebook.com/StarTrekOnlineGame/posts/10153385992653603
    Our final giveaway is live! Celebrate the Anniversary of Star Trek Online with three free ships! Fly away in a Sao Paulo, Ar’kala Tactical Warbird and Puyjaq Class this weekend!
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    People - check ARC / STO page - it states the ships giveaway is 2 days there - check the dates...
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User
    So, I've got until Monday at 10am to grind ten levels on this KDF Ferasan I started last week, so he can get his T4 ship. Or I can not sweat it, and enjoy my Sunday. What to do, what to do...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    So, I've got until Monday at 10am to grind ten levels on this KDF Ferasan I started last week, so he can get his T4 ship. Or I can not sweat it, and enjoy my Sunday. What to do, what to do...

Well, there are ways of accelerating the grind substantially, like doffing (Mirror/Temporal research assignments apparently pay out quite a bit) or flying with friends.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    bucklerpwbucklerpw Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    "Every day we’ll be giving away new C-Store items for Captains to enjoy. Every 24 hours, we’ll be giving out a different item (or even multiple), so be sure to grab these up!"

We have conflicting reports unless "new", "every 24 hours", and "different" mean something else in the STO universe.
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    We’re kicking off the celebrations early for Star Trek Online’s 6-year Anniversary! It’s been a wonderful year and we’re happy to celebrate alongside you. Every day from Tuesday 1/26 at 10am PST till Monday 2/1 at 10am PST we’ll be giving away new C-Store items for Captains to enjoy. Every 24 hours, we’ll be giving out a different item (or even multiple), so be sure to grab these up!

Today's giveaway is ships! Shippy ship ship ships!!

~Laughingtrendy!

Hey Trendy, the...
    ...from the current Anniversary Giveaway News and the bits in yellow there are a bit contradictory. While I'm assuming the T4's are the last Giveaway goodies, maybe rephrasing the OP and the final update to the News article would avoid some confusion? After all...
    ...wasn't actually here until kelettes was kind enough to pull it over from Facebook. BTW, thanks for doing so kelettes.

Oh, and thanks for ALL of the Giveaway items. They are much appreciated, both for myself and for some of my newer Fleetmates just getting into (or back into) STO. :smile:
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    suchsights#6315 suchsights Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    The only thing about this that actually bugs me is a was grinding like crazy to get my KDF to tier 4 before the giveaway changed - I could have slept like a normal person last night damn it :P
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    Good ships, good giveaway. Much appreciated, thank you very much!
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    Have They ever given away more then 5 days of goodies?
    My recollection may be a bit hazy but I don't think so.

Would have been nice tough, to have received a SIXTH item on the SIXTH Day, since this is the SIXTH Anniversary.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Seems to be a lot of confusion over this. The blog stated one thing and some of the text seems to contradict itself.
    I think initially people thought a new item every 24hrs until Monday, but now it looks like the last item is in fact a 48hr period instead?

Any Dev care to step in to straighten things out?
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    Seems to be a lot of confusion over this. The blog stated one thing and some of the text seems to contradict itself.
    I think initially people thought a new item every 24hrs until Monday, but now it looks like the last item is in fact a 48hr period instead?

They don't do Sunday's unless it's an emergency.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »

Would have been nice tough, to have received a SIXTH item on the SIXTH Day, since this is the SIXTH Anniversary.
    B)

:scream: Beware the Mark of the Bacon!
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    gaevsprivsmangaevsprivsman Member Posts: 314 Arc User

B)

Perhaps there was a new item today.. and Trendy asked other staff to take care of bussines?.. "Don't forget to push the button for the final giveaway!".. "no problem, i wont forget".. "ok, i'm leaving for bacon.."... "I dont have to forget to push... oohhh! shinny!!....", and thats why we dont get a new gift today!...
  • Options
    ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User

B)

Nope, but they did say they'd give a new item after EVERY 24 HOURS until Monday, February 1st 2016. The free ships we got yesterday are out for 48 hours. And Trendy thinks people on the forums spread "misinformation".

By the way, Investigate Officer Reports mission still hasn't been addressed. Hell, when I posted that issue in the bug reports, people were telling me they had trouble finding it. How odd...
  • Options

B)

:scream: Beware the Mark of the Bacon!

<3>:)<3
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    well, no giveaway today; anyway thx for all the free stuff, I wanted to buy the arkala for the skin, because I want to buy also the judhael. So, a big thx for the arkala. happy anniversary, and long life to STO, my favourite game, even if sometimes i can be harsh :) (damn', you guys are talented you can do better than the awful temporal stuff; keep it up :p )

thx also Trendy, for your awesome job, here :)
    Post edited by sennahcherib on
  • Options
    pec3pec3 Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    pwlaughingtrendy
    You said "Every day from Tuesday 1/26 at 10am PST till Monday 2/1 at 10am PST we’ll be giving away new C-Store items for Captains to enjoy. Every 24 hours, we’ll be giving out a different item (or even multiple), so be sure to grab these up!"

We had:
    Tuesday... Day-1) Two Specialization Points per Toon.
    Wednesday... Day-2) 20k of Fleet Dilithium per Account.
    Thursday... Day-3) Two Enhanced Universal Tech Upgrades per Account.
    Friday... Day-4) Open Jacket Uniform per Account. (even though I already have it
    Saturday... Day-5) Three Faction Specific, T4 Starships per Account.

What about a SIXTH item on the SIXTH Day, since this is the SIXTH Anniversary?
    You have been a bit contradictory, because you said in every 24 hours from january 26th to monday february 1st we should get new item. We only got for 5 days, where is for day 6 (from january 31st until february 1st)?
  • Options
    pec3 wrote: »
    pwlaughingtrendy
    You said "Every day from Tuesday 1/26 at 10am PST till Monday 2/1 at 10am PST we’ll be giving away new C-Store items for Captains to enjoy. Every 24 hours, we’ll be giving out a different item (or even multiple), so be sure to grab these up!"

We had:
    Tuesday... Day-1) Two Specialization Points per Toon.
    Wednesday... Day-2) 20k of Fleet Dilithium per Account.
    Thursday... Day-3) Two Enhanced Universal Tech Upgrades per Account.
    Friday... Day-4) Open Jacket Uniform per Account. (even though I already have it
    Saturday... Day-5) Three Faction Specific, T4 Starships per Account.

What about a SIXTH item on the SIXTH Day, since this is the SIXTH Anniversary?
    You have been a bit contradictory, because you said in every 24 hours from january 26th to monday february 1st we should get new item. We only got for 5 days, where is for day 6 (from january 31st until february 1st)?
    I feel so violated...
    <chuckle>
    B)
  • Options
    anjc#8825 anjc Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    where be our giveaway
  • Options
    where be our giveaway

Arrrggg...
    Ye be wanting ta look-see at the beginin' of this here thread me bucko.

Now where did I put my Captain Jack outfit...
    Ahhh, there it is...

Jack-Sparrow-jack-sparrow-pirate-caribbean-smiley-emoticon-001049-huge.png
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    So the T4 ships are... wut?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    Come on Cryptic! What is todays giveaway? Where is it?
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • Options
    rllaillieurllaillieu Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    claudiusdk wrote: »
    Come on Cryptic! What is todays giveaway? Where is it?

The devs usually take Sundays off, so I'd say this is it. Unless, of course, they want to throw in a little something for tomorrow, but it doesn't look likely. Not that they even read the forums anyway.
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I tweeted to Trendy about this and she said that yesterday was the final day they were doing stuff.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    I figured it was the last of the giveaways, judging from the nature of the final item(s).
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    It was 5 days with a new item every day.... except that day five was actually 48 hours....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    dpglerch wrote: »
    I tweeted to Trendy about this and she said that yesterday was the final day they were doing stuff.

The 5 day 1 item every 24 hrs must of been a misprint. Am I mad no, I can't really get mad about a free item being given away but they should of worded it differently when they post the event (its misleading)

Agreed.
    I'm not pissed off I just feel they really need to make dammed sure their announcements and blogs accurately portray what they plan to do. They've got a bad history of not checking their blogs are accurate or are misleading.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »

They don't do Sunday's unless it's an emergency.

they don't do anything that deals with marketing period and this is a marketing thing not a dev thing.