test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anniversary Giveaway!

Comments

• Options
    dawnraidernx0891dawnraidernx0891 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Great choices so far! But wondering when todays item will be coming out since according to the website earlier this week claimed the giveaways would be each day through to tomorrow?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]We Are Phoenix Rebirth. Rising from the Ashes we are reborn again and again and continue to grow as fire burning across the Milky Way galaxy.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    todays giveaways are the ships as they will be until monday 10 am pdt.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    marshalstommmarshalstomm Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I was expecting this. They haven't been able to get things right for a while.

Cryptic/PWE just can't follow through on what they claim in their posts.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    Contradiction on their posts. Oh well, things happen. :/
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    What happened to the whole "new items every 24 hours" part of the giveaway? Skipping Sunday?
  • Options
    unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    It works for a friend fo mine who started playing a few weeks ago, they had a fed toon they are trying to level up and they though they ran out of time, well the governor called and stay of execution was granted for one more day, LOL
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • Options
    pec3pec3 Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    Cryptic was totally misleading players, because they should say "we will giving away 5 items in 6 days, and last one will last for 48 hours." Not like "every 24 hours new item".
  • Options
    alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    At least they could give Kamarag Retrofit for KDF instead of sh*tty Raptor. FEDs got their Support Cruiser Retrofit in the one of past giveaways...
    Post edited by alexvio1 on
  • Options
    buggy285buggy285 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I'm hoping we get the TOS pack as a giveaway, even at lvl60 I would fly the TOS Enterprise. can't wait to see what we get
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    My goodness gracious at the whiners. They said there would be five items, the fifth item is a two-day thing. So they worded it a bit off, doesn't mean they have to give you something else.

I've been happy with all of the giveaways, and my two Roms now have two more ships in their admiralty.

Not to mention, that T4 defiant can still kick butt even with a lvl 60 toon ;)
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    botc76botc76 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    It has nothing to do with whining, when they can't even make it clear how their giveaways work. Every 24 hours, there is nothing to misunderstand about this. It's just plain wrong on their side. They made false post.
    Not to mention that twice the items were gone before the time that cryptic gave out, and one of those with an unexpected downtime that took away a significant amount of time, where you could have claimed the giveaways.

Yes, they are giveaways, we don't have a right to them, but that doesn't mean it's okay to offer something and then don't follow through as was expected.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    So rage quit, that'll show 'em!

Can I haz ur stuffs?
  • Options
    willdojinnwilldojinn Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    For the love of TaRDiS and Von Braun... can you people not do the whole ultra dismissive 'hey can i have your stuff' at the first hint of someone complaining? The guy has a point in that the site was kinda contradicting itself. It isn't the end of the world, but it's still a thing.

So can you not do that. It'd be wonderful.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    Wording could have been more clear but the free stuff we got is appreciated.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Wrong. You act like their offer to give us stuff for free was like some kind of legally binding contract. It wasn't. They didn't HAVE to give us anything and if players keep moaning about, what basically amounts to, not getting enough FREE stuff I wouldn't blame them if they stopped treating us to free stuff altogether.

They probably won't do that, as a giveaway is not a way to show you that you are best buds with the devs but it's a promotion to get new players on board. They might at one point exclude long-term players from giveaways, that might happen. I certainly couldn't blame them from a human perspective as the complaining about the wording - which always has been clear in my opinion - is really very low.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Wrong. You act like their offer to give us stuff for free was like some kind of legally binding contract. It wasn't. They didn't HAVE to give us anything and if players keep moaning about, what basically amounts to, not getting enough FREE stuff I wouldn't blame them if they stopped treating us to free stuff altogether.

They probably won't do that, as a giveaway is not a way to show you that you are best buds with the devs but it's a promotion to get new players on board. They might at one point exclude long-term players from giveaways, that might happen. I certainly couldn't blame them from a human perspective as the complaining about the wording - which always has been clear in my opinion - is really very low.​​

Completely agree - and I think thats the point too many have missed. The items that are given away benefit newer players more than existing ones.

Heh, unless they're like me. I think I've gotten something out of just about every giveaway they've had over the years, and I've been here since F2P. (Except when they repeated the Rhode Island once, then I didn't get anything. :lol:)

Mind you, this is probably because I'm not a big spender - the only things I've bought, with real money or dilithium, have been the Stalker, the Defiant, both T'Varo variants, the Scorpion and most recently the Valiant bundle.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,323 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »

Completely agree - and I think thats the point too many have missed. The items that are given away benefit newer players more than existing ones.

Not to mention that most of these items are aimed at seducing players to make purchases.
    Like a test sample of cheese or sausage in a supermarket.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    botc76 wrote: »
    It has nothing to do with whining, when they can't even make it clear how their giveaways work. Every 24 hours, there is nothing to misunderstand about this. It's just plain wrong on their side. They made false post.
    Not to mention that twice the items were gone before the time that cryptic gave out, and one of those with an unexpected downtime that took away a significant amount of time, where you could have claimed the giveaways.

Yes, they are giveaways, we don't have a right to them, but that doesn't mean it's okay to offer something and then don't follow through as was expected.

Don't be dense.

The problem with this situation is that they can't even be clear on something as simple as 'a new item every 24 hours' which is important because if they can't be clear on something that simple, why should we take anything they say as the truth in the future when it its about something more important?

Its not whining to state facts and to question the reliability of future statements after an incident like this. This is coming from a company that already has a poor track record with the truth

• Options
    lerch2000lerch2000 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    buggy285 wrote: »
    I'm hoping we get the TOS pack as a giveaway, even at lvl60 I would fly the TOS Enterprise. can't wait to see what we get

Cant you buy it from the store? I'm just asking, I honestly don't know.
    (Got it I think when I bought the game .. cant remember)
  • Options
    mokusammokusam Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Sure, make an elephant from a fly.

Ah you people, as if you are all perfect and never make a mistake. And that's assuming they've made a mistake, maybe it is you who are mistaken by reading too much into giveaway specifics and seeing things that are not there.
    And somebody mentioned some nonsense about trust; if you would think for a brief moment about the complexity of running and maintaining a team of people to the point of almost perfection, given that the customers want nothing less, than you would realize how easy it is to make a simple oversight on something so trivial, in this case. And how is it possible to make a major one, as it has happen before.
    I dare you to open your own game studio and try it yourself.
  • Options
    cem3212cem3212 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    Well, overall, I think this anniversary giveaway showed progress. It seemed more inclusive than exclusive ... like some thought went into it compared to the rinse & repeat of some of the previous. I didn't benefit from Cryptic extending the T4 ships giveaway instead of possibly another giveaway but I'm sure a few players might have which is nice.
  • Options
    kerrdogjkerrdogj Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Hello! I'm trying to claim the 3 Faction-Specific Ships, but can only claim 2. I was able to claim the Romulan and Fed ships, but I can't get the Klingon ship with either of my Level 60 Klingon Characters. When I try to claim it, I get a message that says, "Already have max number of ships allowed." Has anyone else run into this issue?
  • Options
    rllaillieurllaillieu Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    kerrdogj wrote: »
    Hello! I'm trying to claim the 3 Faction-Specific Ships, but can only claim 2. I was able to claim the Romulan and Fed ships, but I can't get the Klingon ship with either of my Level 60 Klingon Characters. When I try to claim it, I get a message that says, "Already have max number of ships allowed." Has anyone else run into this issue?

You only have a certain number of ship slots per character, so it won't let you claim more until you drydock a couple ships or buy more slots on the C-store.
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    lerch2000 wrote: »
    buggy285 wrote: »

Cant you buy it from the store? I'm just asking, I honestly don't know.
    (Got it I think when I bought the game .. cant remember)

I maybe wrong, but when i'm looking on the description the "The Original Series Pack" does NOT include TOS Enterprise ship....
    Only Interior, Bridge, Black-White Phasers and Type-F Shuttle...
  • Options
    wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    mokusam wrote: »
    Sure, make an elephant from a fly.

Ah you people, as if you are all perfect and never make a mistake. And that's assuming they've made a mistake, maybe it is you who are mistaken by reading too much into giveaway specifics and seeing things that are not there.

Even if the original post did say "every 24 hours" maybe not a lot of Cryptic Staff work on a Sunday, and at least they had the forethought to extend the ship giveaway for a day, that was good of them
    Post edited by wildthyme467989 on
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Yeah, especially, when on Saturday my Romulan allied with KDF was on level 16, and my Fed on level 14 - now Romulan is done, and my Fed just need one more level to claim his ship (and i still got 1 hour 30 minutes left) :)

PS.
    On my alt account of course....
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    alexvio1 wrote: »
    At least they could give Kamarag Retrofit for KDF instead of sh*tty Raptor. FEDs got their Support Cruiser Retrofit in the one of past giveaways...

I would eventually like to see the Kamarag as well. The Support Cruiser Retrofit also needs to be reoffered for new players.
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    Just checking. So this ended today. Not one last item on the 1st. I wasn't entirely sure.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    psiameese wrote: »
    Just checking. So this ended today. Not one last item on the 1st. I wasn't entirely sure.

Far as I know the ships were the last thing, it would have changed around 45 minutes ago if it was still on
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,009 Arc User
    Every day from Tuesday 1/26 at 10am PST till Monday 2/1 at 10am PST we’ll be giving away new C-Store items for Captains to enjoy. Every 24 hours, we’ll be giving out...
    I do enjoy free stuff and the freebies were indeed fantastic, but the 'Every 24 hours" claim wasn't exactly correct when one of the items lasts 2 days.

Still, it was nice to have 2 days to claim these over the weekend.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/