Options

Rattler's Guide to Fastest Game on Ice

123457»

Comments

• Options
    bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    hanover2 wrote: »
    ageroth1 wrote: »
    The most important thing to remember at the lineup really needs to be: "Wait your turn."

OH MY GOD YES. These self-absorbed children need to learn how to queue, even when nothing physically forces them to do so. A little common frigging courtesy goes a long way.

Two reasons I can think of for them doing that, first is they are trolling you, by queue jumping they P off the player that just got DQ'ed and those standing waiting their turn.
    Second reason is down to the advantage you get, your not rooted and can start running right away.

Two can play at their game, if your waiting and act quick enough you can troll the troll, and it's you that ends up on the track while the troll has to go retake the mission, done that to a few last year and again this year.​​
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Meh, I just instance hop if there's a bunch of people standing there.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Sometimes it happens by accident and I am saying that as one who waits a lot for my turn (and had accidents).

Please if any other people around really nearby, try to make it clear to players if you are going to start. Some waits and wait and wait to try to avoid collision (e.g. a bit far to allow others start 1st, but clearly waiting in turn), multiple other people are approaching meanwhile probably, and then (by losing focus for a bit, not noticing something) for example, decide at the wrong moment that you are away and may approach and start...

Please if possible don't go away in the small rounding place under the gazebo too.

P.S.
    Each time I've noticed such an accident I disqualified myself, just for your info.
    Also, if one says go ahead it means he/she gives up her turn or signal others that it's their turn (and not the sayer's) anyway and to go, it doesn't mean you are the only nearby the gazebo or that others gave up their turn or that you are the next. Sorry for any misunderstanding which occurred this way by me as well, though. Not all notice/think of all of those needed things at once, and it was not by purpose too.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    ???
    A nice, simple, straightforward solution. I like it. :)

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    ???
    A nice, simple, straightforward solution. I like it. :)

It has a benefit of you ending up in a less laggy instance. As usually, fewer players on a given map = less lag.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    kaldordraigo666kaldordraigo666 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    ive been doing all the races as a snowman yes its slower but u very rarely come off the track
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Got a video in the works that demonstrates this race. there is one minor error in the run but other wise it was all clean and fast, just another typical race really. sub 1:50 mark, figure around 1:48 it took.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECgxhbL_Xfw

i could upload another one with all the cuts and cheats you can get away with, i mean a few of those have been in since the track was first used.

edit: video link works now.
    Post edited by mirrorchaos on
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    I know we still got a little under a week left, but I would like to thank everyone for taking part in adding to this thread.

Hopefully we can save this thread somewhere, stickied of course so it doesn't get buried, for future Winter Events.
    I feel this thread was a huge success and hope that we can continue to provide tips and tricks for things in the future. B)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)