What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Design Your Ship Round 6 [Epsilon VS Omega]

Comments

• Options
    nikolunusnikolunus Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon
    Of these two ships Epsilon is the only one I would spend money on. Between Alpha or Omega I would never bother with ether both are just to bland, and really don't seem inspired in the least. So with how this is going it seems I will be flying my Atrox for some time to come.
    Space is vast, it's wonderful and maddening. Yet in that madness is some of the greatest beauty I have ever seen.
  • Options
    officerhunter01officerhunter01 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    kylerca wrote: »
    Aw man. They STILL want Omega more? What if they told you guys a real Jupiter clone would come later? Would you guys be persuaded to change your votes? : (

This whole thing has been a real downer. If this happens I at least want the bottom nacelles as an option please (like on Deep Space Science).

Vulcans might find the functionality of Omega compared to Epsilon... illogical. Haha but that's why every Jupiter ever to siege a Klingon based gets slapped right?
    Ok, I'd like to say there are more people (atleast from what I've seen on Facebook and Forums) who voted for the Omega due to it's design making more sense for a carrier over the others. Also, Illogical? The Omega seems the more logical of the two due to how much hanger space it has.

• Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Hey correct me if I'm wrong but don't the runnabouts (Danube and Yellowstone) and Delta Flyers fucntion as Starfleet's frigate pets??

They count as heavy fighters/shuttles. That's 4 per hangar, rather than 2 per hangar like frigates.
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamEpsilon
    I generally don't like voting for the better of two evils... and I'm not terribly fond of either of these choices...

But I'm going to go Epsilon. The back end- nacelles and drive section, is pretty attractive. Seriously dislike the saucers on both ships though. Gamma and Theta were my horses in this race, and they're toast.
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamOmega
    There isn't much point, we know which is going to win this, I think we all knew what was going to win from the start of this. I'm going with Omega even though I dislike the different sized warp engines, the hanger bays wins it and the Epsilon just looks too much like an MVAE.
    I will say, as others have said, none of these choices are what I would have liked to have seen as a Starfleet carrier, from my perspective having to choose the least undesirable from a list of undesirable choices is hardly conducive to a potential sale.
    Post edited by maxvitor on
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    birdwar552birdwar552 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Omega, was there really any doubt? Mr. Ortiz, these high-res designs, my hat's off to you.
  • Options
    parthenopeusparthenopeus Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon
    I'm going Epsilon on this one. It just looks beefy and rugged. Omega looks big, yes, but dainty and fragile with it's overly long pylons. I want something with compactness (is too a word) and hardiness (also a word).
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon
    Epsilon, for the compact design.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    realrebelusrealrebelus Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    #TeamOmega for the win this week.
  • Options
    vandread010vandread010 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Voting for Omega BUT..

I must digress.

Take the saucer section of the Omega, Strap the Epsion Hull and Nacelles, make it a 4 Pylon version, I'd say the following.

shut_up_and_take_my_money.jpg
    [SIGPIC]http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab53/Vandread010/apoph_zpscc05f31f.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Oh the humanity.... Oh the insanity.... Oh the Empty Queue bugs....
  • Options
    overkilltbpoverkilltbp Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Omega for the win!
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    No shock here. Omega winning. I figured it'd come down to Alpha vs Omega and it is... and Omega will win it.
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Omega for my vote
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon
    Epsilon, compact while still being large, proper nacelle placements suggesting it is built to get the most speed out of a heavyweight, real great blend of curves and sharp angles, good proportions. I can say none of these things for Omega, and really hope it gets eliminated.

I'll be very happy with either Alpha or Epsilon (sad my favorite Sigma was gone) but finally seeing Epsilon rendered I'm really hoping it wins.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    No need to fight it anymore, my choices are gone. So on to the omega train...
  • Options
    theuntankertheuntanker Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    None of the other designs really scream "CARRIER!" to me. Omega's the one that does the best job of it.
  • Options
    millybunmillybun Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Omega's got some nice looking hanger bays going on there, and a nice forward launch bay. Also, got some Jupiter "saucer" in there, too.

I'm definitely a fan of the more sleek, stretched out design as opposed to the bulkier look of Epsilon, in this case.

Omega's got my vote!
  • Options
    idashlaidashla Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon
    timelord79 wrote: »
    #TeamOmega

Omega and Alpha look similar enough to be two options of the same customizable ship. Can we call this a tie already and get both of them? ;)

Or better yet, neither of them. Neither of these seem to be Carriers to me, and neither is exciting to me an any way. Only one of my picks has made the second round so far.

Personally I say #TeamTheta, #TeamBeta, #TeamGamma, #TeamSigma, and probably in that order. They are all more interesting. Preferably put the Beta saucer, on the Theta hull and engine combo, add a pass through hanger, and maybe a couple of extra hangers on front and back, and finally add a mission pod on the top of the saucer (with mini deflectors and weapon stations). If I could get motivated, I should draw it up and post it. sigh... Need the energy though.

Well... If I have to pick one, I say #TeamEpsilon just because it is kinda unusual with the tucked above mount warp nacelles.
    ZNju0ze.jpg
  • Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon
    bltrrn wrote: »
    Omega looks like a pimped out Jupiter, so yeah. B)

again having to correct people... omega looks NOTHING Like the Jupiter...beer goggles, acid, upside, in a mirror...it looks nothing like the JUPITER

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Jupiter_class

please stop picking the Omega because it is the Jupiter....this is actually becoming an incredibly silly statement.
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon
    bucklerpw wrote: »
    Shaping up to be duck bill ship vs tumor ship. Which is the least ugly.

Okay, fine, I'll bite...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb5IZ8Mni3I
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    captainknight88captainknight88 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamOmega
    I wish we could have seen all of them in 3d art for the vote off, they look better now in 3d for choosing!!! Now like Omega a alot better overall, hate the squared off sides still. Really wanted Sigma!!!
    Post edited by captainknight88 on
  • Options
    kylercakylerca Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamEpsilon
    Aw man, it was tied for awhile... However it appears we are still losing the good designs because people somehow still think it's a Jupiter class. Even after they changed it to look less like a Jupiter.

Bah. I don't think I could complain enough. : (

The part I find funny here is that most of these people want a tactical FAW boat carrier to pew pew, yet Jupiter's NPC abilities clearly suggest it's a science ship. (Gravity Wells, anyone?)

Edited to add: http://sto.gamepedia.com/Jupiter_Class_Dreadnought

Careful guys, if it's a Jupiter you want, you might just get one (actually, I really want it support focused anyways personally, FAW pew pew just doesn't feel fun now).
    Say NO to team Omega.
  • Options
    officerhunter01officerhunter01 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamOmega
    bunansa wrote: »

again having to correct people... omega looks NOTHING Like the Jupiter...beer goggles, acid, upside, in a mirror...it looks nothing like the JUPITER

please stop picking the Omega because it is the Jupiter....this is actually becoming an incredibly silly statement.
    I agree, at this point it's just annoying, I mean seriously how the hell do people make this connection!? Here let me put a picture of the Jupiter, then a pic of the Omega. vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/startrek/images/8/8d/Jupiter_class.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/220?cb=20140415215045
    https://pwimages-a.akamaihd.net/arc/d4/f5/d4f51dd559a3c03717fb29b02b7cb7f41444667011.png
    Now, tell me, atleast those who currently think the Omega looks a lot like the Jupiter, what similarities are there?
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon
    bunansa wrote: »

I agree, at this point it's just annoying, I mean seriously how the hell do people make this connection!? Here let me put a picture of the Jupiter, then a pic of the Omega. vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/startrek/images/8/8d/Jupiter_class.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/220?cb=20140415215045
    https://pwimages-a.akamaihd.net/arc/d4/f5/d4f51dd559a3c03717fb29b02b7cb7f41444667011.png
    Now, tell me, atleast those who currently think the Omega looks a lot like the Jupiter, what similarities are there?

I believe they're saying the width of the saucer is shaped similar to the Jupiter, where the nose of the saucer is more narrow and curves outward to be wider and straight along the sides.
  • Options
    morrik13morrik13 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon
    Meh. Omega and Alpha are horrible looking imo. Looks like another ship I wont be buying. HAHAHA.
  • Options
    wakeoflovewakeoflove Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon
    Again I say skip to the end...Omega is the carrier of choice. Now ensure it has at LEAST 3 weapons front and back. Then ensure it has TWO hangar bays. Then make two different carrier pets for it (and not necessarily EXCLUSIVELY for it)...a frigate size (one launched at a time) and a fighter size (3 launched at a time). Then of course the cool unique universal console. Complete! Can't wait to fly her!!

Again, what is it with you and these "make this carrier a normal carrier" posts? Everyone else seems to be shooting for the moon wanting 4/3 weapons and 3-4 hangars and all that and here you are just demanding that this carrier be what it will obviously get by default for simply being a carrier.
    orangeitis wrote: »
    W-wait. 3 hangar bays?!? Please tell me that's only an artist's interpretation of what this'll look like.

Well, I'd be okay with it if it IS the first 3-hangar Carrier. But... it's a little unbelievable given that there's no precedent for that yet.
    Pretty sure that's just for show if you look at most the new ships that have come out they all have multiple shuttle bays but only one shuttle bay slot.

It's called "setting a precedent". Not hard to imagine, though. I have four toons in play. Each has a two-hangar ship that I also equip with the Scorpion Fighter device (from the Vault mission). So effectively I have three bays. It's especially great for my science officer toon...who gets to ALSO summon a photonic fleet. In that case I've got extra craft buzzing around EVERYWHERE!

That device is nothing like having a third bay, it has TRIBBLE cool down and limited charges. And it's only called "setting a precedent" if you actually set one. What it's currently called is "status quo" where all flight deck vessels just have one hangar bay and all carriers just have two hangar bays regardless of how many doors you slap on it.
    NebulaOdyssey1_zpsqjc6anjg.jpg
    The Nebula-configured Odyssey needs to be a thing.
  • Options
    wakeoflovewakeoflove Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon
    Voting for Omega BUT..

I must digress.

Take the saucer section of the Omega, Strap the Epsion Hull and Nacelles, make it a 4 Pylon version, I'd say the following.

shut_up_and_take_my_money.jpg

I could go for an omega/epsilon hybrid of this nature. Make it so!
    NebulaOdyssey1_zpsqjc6anjg.jpg
    The Nebula-configured Odyssey needs to be a thing.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Well, no surprise there. But I must admit I like the Omega less now that I have seen it from different angles. Alpha vs Omega could be a close one indeed.
This discussion has been closed.