Install Arc
Options

Design Your Ship Round 6 [Epsilon VS Omega]

Comments

• Options
    officerhunter01officerhunter01 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamOmega

ahh, so just cause you say so means everyone should think so?hmmmmm any more wishes? :p

Well should the Layout be a good one (Main Focus Eng Second Focus Tac) and should it have Frigattes as Pets avaible....than i will buy a OMEGA Carrier *o*

Nope: Operational Capacity.

Beta would have had 4 Hanger Bays in that huge saucer section.

It would also have had 6 Forward facing weapons slots (2 aft)

ALL other designs come with 2 forward weapons slots with a permanently mounted "Ion cannon" that doesn't do anything but put discharge effects around anything shot with it with no accuracy and 2 rear weapon slots with a permanent tractor beam mount aft.

They do come with 2 hanger bays, but one is a permanent Tie Fighter bay that launches 3 Tie fighters that immediately explode upon exposure to space.

....Seriously? Just... WHAT? Ok, first's things first you moron, YOU AREN'T A DEV, you can't say definitely that the Beta design alone would have THAT crazy of a setup (stupid as it is weapons wise), and all the others were that TRIBBLE option, which, might I add, both options were made with less skill then the actual devs when it comes to designing ship builds. Hell even with all that aside we having even gotten to the point of making the build of the actual ship, which I'm sure will end up being another round of voting! So please, just go wallow in a corner about the lose of such a good ship design, your ramblings aren't going to help in the slightest.

ANYWAYS.... I vote for #TeamOmega, the large hanger bay along with the general shape of the hull makes it seem like the design most dedicated to carrying small craft, which in my opinion is what you should focus on when choosing designs for carriers.

• Options
    wanghunglo42wanghunglo42 Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Again I say skip to the end...Omega is the carrier of choice. Now ensure it has at LEAST 3 weapons front and back. Then ensure it has TWO hangar bays. Then make two different carrier pets for it (and not necessarily EXCLUSIVELY for it)...a frigate size (one launched at a time) and a fighter size (3 launched at a time). Then of course the cool unique universal console. Complete! Can't wait to fly her!!

"As with all living things, each according to his gifts."
  • Options
    alphahydrialphahydri Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    #TeamOmega

ahh, so just cause you say so means everyone should think so?hmmmmm any more wishes? :p

Well should the Layout be a good one (Main Focus Eng Second Focus Tac) and should it have Frigattes as Pets avaible....than i will buy a OMEGA Carrier *o*

Nope: Operational Capacity.

Beta would have had 4 Hanger Bays in that huge saucer section.

It would also have had 6 Forward facing weapons slots (2 aft)

ALL other designs come with 2 forward weapons slots with a permanently mounted "Ion cannon" that doesn't do anything but put discharge effects around anything shot with it with no accuracy and 2 rear weapon slots with a permanent tractor beam mount aft.

They do come with 2 hanger bays, but one is a permanent Tie Fighter bay that launches 3 Tie fighters that immediately explode upon exposure to space.

....Seriously? Just... WHAT? Ok, first's things first you moron, YOU AREN'T A DEV, you can't say definitely that the Beta design alone would have THAT crazy of a setup (stupid as it is weapons wise), and all the others were that TRIBBLE option, which, might I add, both options were made with less skill then the actual devs when it comes to designing ship builds. Hell even with all that aside we having even gotten to the point of making the build of the actual ship, which I'm sure will end up being another round of voting! So please, just go wallow in a corner about the lose of such a good ship design, your ramblings aren't going to help in the slightest.

....Ladies and gents, this is what happens when sarcasm is misunderstood....

• Options
    #TeamOmega
    orangeitis wrote: »
    W-wait. 3 hangar bays?!? Please tell me that's only an artist's interpretation of what this'll look like.

Well, I'd be okay with it if it IS the first 3-hangar Carrier. But... it's a little unbelievable given that there's no precedent for that yet.
    Pretty sure that's just for show if you look at most the new ships that have come out they all have multiple shuttle bays but only one shuttle bay slot.

It's called "setting a precedent". Not hard to imagine, though. I have four toons in play. Each has a two-hangar ship that I also equip with the Scorpion Fighter device (from the Vault mission). So effectively I have three bays. It's especially great for my science officer toon...who gets to ALSO summon a photonic fleet. In that case I've got extra craft buzzing around EVERYWHERE!

• Options
    #TeamOmega
    ...oops, quoted wrong post^ #likeanoob

• Options
    kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    This vote was tougher than expected, because it turns out that I actually really, really like the Epsilon design. But nope, sticking with Omega, because it's still the most jovian of all of them, even if it's not really all that jovian in the end.
  • Options
    sorcapprenticesorcapprentice Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    These are my two favorite designs. I don't care which wins, as long as its one of these! :)
  • Options
    zisko#6191 zisko Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon
    going with epsilon, omega is ugly in my eyes.
  • Options
    bucklerpwbucklerpw Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Shaping up to be duck bill ship vs tumor ship. Which is the least ugly.
  • Options
    jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamOmega
    Kind of undecided again. I like Epsilon's saucer and hull design better than Omega's, plus the impulse engines being placed away from the ship centerline, but I still prefer Omega's longer nacelles and pylons. After thinking about it off and on over the course of the day, I actually wish I could change my vote to Epsilon, not that it will change the outcome. There are more factors to Epsilon's design that I prefer after a closer examination of the 2 images. I think the main problem with Epsilon is a lack of a sense of scale. Omega just looks huge while Epsilon somehow doesn't, although if you look at the windows along the side it's apparent Epsilon is actually quite large.

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • Options
    talzinartalzinar Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    #TeamOmega cause it is not round.
    Say what?!?!
  • Options
    bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Omega looks like a pimped out Jupiter, so yeah. B)
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • Options
    cowcookies1cowcookies1 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    can someone post a link to the pictures of the alpha and gamma ri res art i cant find them
  • Options
    tolmariustolmarius Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamOmega
    mosul33 wrote: »
    #TeamOmega. Its really nice we can see more of it in the high res renders.
    orangeitis wrote: »
    W-wait. 3 hangar bays?!? Please tell me that's only an artist's interpretation of what this'll look like.

Well, I'd be okay with it if it IS the first 3-hangar Carrier. But... it's a little unbelievable given that there's no precedent for that yet.

I highly doubt that. Probably only the design inspired from the real life carriers. The launch bays from sides are for launching fighters, while the one in the middle is for landings. Just like carriers of today have 2 runways/catapolts and 1 landing runway.

Actually, the hangars at the rear, either side of the impulse engines, would be the recovery area. The side ones would likely be for frigates, if we get them. Also shuttles and runabouts. The fighters are the ones coming form the middle front hangar.
    3T6cHqb.png
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon
    I am not sure why everyone is so gung ho about the Jupiter. Maybe she is fun to fly and fight, but that is one of the ugliest ships I have seen.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    latentredlatentred Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Epsilon looks nice, but Omega looks more carrier.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon
    Omega is probably going to be the final victor in all of this.

Meh.
  • Options
    kmaximuskmaximus Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Omega, so obvious. Trek Fed Tek needs more edge and to become the very things it fights.
  • Options
    alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    #TeamOmega - the design looks awsome
    tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
  • Options
    odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    #TeamOmega - It's the closest thing to what I want, even though Alpha is better.

Honestly though, can we talk about how we're not even considering the ship that's currently being used as the picture for the "Design" tab of that page? It's also the one shown prominently on the picture for the Epsilon vs. Omega article on the main News page. It's perfect! Why can't we have that one?!
  • Options
    takeshi6takeshi6 Member Posts: 752 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Went Omega. Didn't like the look of Epsilon as much.

I think I prefer Alpha at this stage, though - hope we get some even more detailed artwork when the final round begins. :D
    76561198160276582.png
  • Options
    omegasprimeomegasprime Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    I like both of them. I hope both get into the game.​​
    AKA Primus01, Lifetime member since January 16, 2010
    Windows 10 Pro
    Intel Core i7-5700
    RAM 32 GB
    2 Titan GTX 980M GDDR5 8 GB
  • Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    #TeamOmega
    ohonomnomnomnomega!
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    gregoryt#9489 gregoryt Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon
    Team Epsilon
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamEpsilon
    Out of curiousity, Trendy, what will happen to the seven designs that don't win in the end?

Into the incinerator along with KDF tears.
    I'M KIDDING.

First of all: LOL

Second, the beta, gamma and delta designs are all wonderful departures from the statues Quo. Pelase beg the designers to use them for something in the future or atleast base future designs off them.

Finally, the Sigma is quite possibly the most beautiful ship ever designed by Cryptic artists. If they let it go to waste i will personally fly across the country and kick someone in the TRIBBLE. :D
  • Options
    kylercakylerca Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamEpsilon
    Aw man. They STILL want Omega more? What if they told you guys a real Jupiter clone would come later? Would you guys be persuaded to change your votes? : (

This whole thing has been a real downer. If this happens I at least want the bottom nacelles as an option please (like on Deep Space Science).

Vulcans might find the functionality of Omega compared to Epsilon... illogical. Haha but that's why every Jupiter ever to siege a Klingon based gets slapped right?
    Say NO to team Omega.
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamOmega
    I voted for Omega, not because it looks like the Jupiter, but rather because it is a worth successor to the Jupiter.

Besides - what's a better 'scary-race-specific-with-religious-overtones' name than 'OMEGA'?

Shub-Niggurath. What? It's creepier than Cthulhu. And is a deity of sorts too. Though not as many worship such. But granted, Omega is missing a lot of Nacelles to even be named Shub-Niggurath.

Anyway, we meet again, my dear Omega, and you look even better than I last saw you, with a vastly superior hangar setup compared to Alpha's small forward and aft-side bays. You may not look like the Jupiter anymore (only your top-half of the saucer still remotely resembles the Jupiter), but you do look like a worthwhile descendant/derivative. If only your lower nacelles were lengthened a bit.

More seriously though, I liked the Epsilon's design until now. Those giant red bussard collectors are hideous at that size. Reduce it down to where the gray portion on the side starts (just before the blue edge), and it would still have been a keeper in my book as a worthwhile alternate ship.

Now as long as Omega will have at least Frigate pets, it'll be enough. I won't even complain if they're Mirandas rather than Defiants or Aquarius. I would like for it to be a 4/3 Tac carrier, while the Atrox is upgraded with a T6 variant to continue serving as a Fed Sci Carrier (and given her own Catian Frigates; even if they're just upsized Catian Fighters).
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,762 Arc User
  • Options
    aikurisuaikurisu Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon
    Originally I would have said Omega, but honestly? Epsilon. I want that ship so badly now that it kind of sucks that this damn popularity contest with Omega won't allow it to roll out. Please, Cryptic, just give us multiple design options! >_>
  • Options
    love4spacelove4space Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Much better desgin on team omega still need a little more work.
This discussion has been closed.