What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Design Your Ship Round 6 [Epsilon VS Omega]

Comments

• Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon
    No. I am not a super villain who engineered the Alpha vs. Omega potential outcome. Hahaha you are silly stay away from my island.

Because Trendy... Trendy never changes.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon
    Out of curiousity, Trendy, what will happen to the seven designs that don't win in the end?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon
    No. I am not a super villain who engineered the Alpha vs. Omega potential outcome. Hahaha you are silly stay away from my island.
    Why did you equip your minions with laser bazookas that fire sharks then? :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    #TeamOmega

Dang, and it looks like such a nice island, too. Nice prime volcano real-estate going on, well kept yet dense tropical jungle, menacing sea-side cliffscape to the north.....
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • Options
    delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon
    #AnythingButOmega
  • Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Omega is nice!
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon
    orangeitis wrote: »
    W-wait. 3 hangar bays?!? Please tell me that's only an artist's interpretation of what this'll look like.

Well, I'd be okay with it if it IS the first 3-hangar Carrier. But... it's a little unbelievable given that there's no precedent for that yet.

I don't think it's 3 bays so much as 2 launch bays and 1 recovery area, which IMO may be a sensible idea for faster turn of fighter craft.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    wakeoflovewakeoflove Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon
    I like both designs and it was a tough choice in the end it came down to the impulse streams I just don't like when ships just have one especially big ships

I zoomed in really close on omega's aft and it looks like it's actually got a vertical three stack of impulse engines that make that one trail, but I agree, I think it simply "looks" like it's not enough, though it is reminiscent of how the enterprise D was flying around on that one tiny impulse engine in the neck.

Had it had two larger impulse engines filling the two gaps to either side of that spine the impulse trail comes from (the spaces that are apparently going to be some sort of strange starship-spoiler) it would have looked much better. Or better yet, four impulse engines, two large ones on top, two large ones on bottom. Make it look like this ship has some heft that really needs a lot of redish-orangish glow to push around.

Though if one tiny impulse engine was good enough for the galaxy class, I suppose there's no reason why three tiny ones wouldn't be enough for this... though they probably should have been spread out rather than giving a single target.... unless one argues they are heavily armored/shielded and it was thus a more defensible system as a single unit... whatever.
    NebulaOdyssey1_zpsqjc6anjg.jpg
    The Nebula-configured Odyssey needs to be a thing.
  • Options
    dd1mdd1m Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon
    Nope Omega is still a monstrosity, and Alpha is basically Omega lite.

A fed carrier was a nice idea, but I won't be buying if its either of those designs
    8ebd135a27dd1eb31f8ce7dff0bfba3a1f1467ac_full.jpg
  • Options
    alphahydrialphahydri Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamOmega
    Since it's all but inevitable that this will be an Alpha v. Omega showdown, since the two ships look remarkably similar to each other, why not make both of them available to the same ship as different skins or something? I mean, they have similar nacelle configurations, the saucer shape and designs are very similar to each other, and since they've made it this far in the competitions, it's safe to assume people like them.

Instead of making us all choose between two beautiful designs like parents being forced to pick one child to save over the other, why not let both live and make them both usable?

Or even better: why not make Alpha a traditional, science-focused Carrier, and Omega a more tactical-focused Dreadnought Carrier/Battle Carrier? Then you get both ships with different functions, and it gives the players more variety? Just my thoughts.
  • Options
    wakeoflovewakeoflove Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon
    Holy hell! Omega looks alot better then I thought! Those sexy curves..... mmmmm.... I was scared it would look like the Jupiter being all blocky and all and is lacking those repugnent pointy angly bits that are commonplace in 2410!

Can we talk about the T6 Odyessy for a sec? Cool. I think the best possible update to make to the T6 Flagships is to make the Lieutenant Commander universal Boff station universal for all specializations as well. Think about it... The Odyessy and Bortasqu were created to be the most versitile ships in the galaxy. It would only make sense that it would include a station that allows it to take advantage of the different specializations in order to adequetly take on multipurpose missions.

Personally I just would love having extra customizability to the Oddy and Bortasqu.

Frankly, I think that the specializations should have been universal skills that could have been stuck anywhere on any ship. The devs usually pick terrible boff seats to hybridize that require a massive sacrifice of one's engineering or science capability to use that specialization, and usually one can only use very low levels of the skills anyway.

A lot of the complaints of "too much engineering" or "too much tactical" or "too much science" could have been alleviated by making them truly universal specializations without the devs having to resort to universal seating. They recently made the ensign tactical on the hestia into a universal because people were crying over the repeated "too much tac" and that totally wouldn't have even been a problem with universal specializations.

I realize the devs are trying to make the specialization ships uber special by limiting commander level spec skills to those ships and giving them the greatest possible "slotting" capability of that specialization, but I think it really just makes those ships kind of gimmicky and limits the rest of the game. Let those ship's special abilities like the command array powers or the pilot thrusters or the intel vulnerability thing be powerful enough and useful enough in their own right to make those ships super special instead of TRIBBLE every other ship out of meaningful specialization use.

And then the devs could feel free to make the worst possible tac/eng/sci heavy layouts or the most tac/eng/sci deficient layouts that no one in their right mind would want except... who cares, we can specialization those slots into being useful.
    NebulaOdyssey1_zpsqjc6anjg.jpg
    The Nebula-configured Odyssey needs to be a thing.
  • Options
    amizez06amizez06 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    A vote for #TeamOmega is a vote for the Jupiter.
    Well unless you get killed one battle's pretty much like another.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,511 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamOmega
    I vote for Omega. One,looking at them I still do not like the Epsilon's design both the older and the newer one. It looks like a spaceship for another race and not the Federation. Maybe it should be a ship for the Cardassians. Also, if Omega wins. On the galaxy map, can the bug where it says Batle Group Omega be fixed so it is Battle Group Omega like it was on the first galaxy map before the revamp? i.imgur.com/eYQ8wDf.jpg. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    If everyone had voted for Beta like they should have there wouldn't be all these complaints.

Beta was and is the only viable Carrier in the whole bunch.

Might as well just vote for the status quo now.
  • Options
    highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    If everyone had voted for Beta like they should have there wouldn't be all these complaints.

Beta was and is the only viable Carrier in the whole bunch.

Might as well just vote for the status quo now.

ahh, so just cause you say so means everyone should think so?hmmmmm any more wishes? :p

Well should the Layout be a good one (Main Focus Eng Second Focus Tac) and should it have Frigattes as Pets avaible....than i will buy a OMEGA Carrier *o*
  • Options
    roamingmuttroamingmutt Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon
    Oh my! After looking at the high res art, I won't mind if Omega wins. Still going with Epsilon though.
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamOmega

ahh, so just cause you say so means everyone should think so?hmmmmm any more wishes? :p

Well should the Layout be a good one (Main Focus Eng Second Focus Tac) and should it have Frigattes as Pets avaible....than i will buy a OMEGA Carrier *o*

Nope: Operational Capacity.

Beta would have had 4 Hanger Bays in that huge saucer section.

It would also have had 6 Forward facing weapons slots (2 aft)

ALL other designs come with 2 forward weapons slots with a permanently mounted "Ion cannon" that doesn't do anything but put discharge effects around anything shot with it with no accuracy and 2 rear weapon slots with a permanent tractor beam mount aft.

They do come with 2 hanger bays, but one is a permanent Tie Fighter bay that launches 3 Tie fighters that immediately explode upon exposure to space.
  • Options
    dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon
    Epsilon for me.
  • Options
    d0vahki11nd0vahki11n Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    #TeamOmega
    2015_10_17_181_01bcccf5619c5811eb14_1.jpg
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Go Omega Go!
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    admiralsedra19admiralsedra19 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon
    The entire design philosophy of the Epsilon is much more in keeping with how Federation ships should look. Also, it is a much more logical and solidly built hull. Whereas the Omega is spindly, fragile looking, and is only ahead because of Jupiter fanboys. #VoteAgainstOmega.
  • Options
    anjc#8825 anjc Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    The chance for Alpha and Omega draws closer and closer. Yessssssss...

i do believe that you rigged this, for the joke, if you look at my post on the Alpha vs Delta (or whatever) i stated my opinion on the whole "choose thing"
    but seriously, good joke trendy, let omega win
  • Options
    tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Voted #TeamOmega

To be honest, I didn't care for Epsilon the first time around and the hi-rez art confirms it even more.

Thank you for the time...
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • Options
    hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    I went with Omega becuase it looks less crammed together.
  • Options
    reikontenshireikontenshi Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Geez, this one is a tough call....

I agree with timelord79, that the two designs look so similar that they should be hull variations, not entirely different designs.

I'm still a bit miffed about losing Gamma, I liked the unique arrangement of the nacelles & the 2 vertically-stacked forward hanger bays.

However, much as I like Sigma's forward hanger & interesting angles of the hull, I have to admit that Omega (which, I may add, looks almost nothing like Jupiter did anymore) still looks far more carrier-ish, I do like the long broadside-hangers, & I prefer the nacelle arrangement of it over Sigma's....Sigma's nacelles kind of look like they were stuck on as an afterthought with poster gum.

It was REALLY close, I did agonize over this for awhile, but I had to go with Omega. I can't pin my hopes on Cryptic giving this thing a kitbash or multiple hull arrangements, because I have a feeling that they won't....
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamOmega

There only can be One! #TeamOmega :tongue:
    Post edited by azurianstar on
  • Options
    sanatobasanatoba Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Wow, talk about a hard decision. I like them both....but had to go with my gut. #TeamOmega
    Been Playing STO as much as I can for 11+ Years!

"Never Surrender! Never give up Hope!"
    "Prosperity and Success in everything you do."
    "To Boldly go.........well punch it already!"
    "To Be or Not To Be"....Alas, the Foundry is Not To Be. We Shall miss Thee, dear Friend!
    "Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers?"- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Thank You, Cryptic......even when I don't agree with all your decisions....Thank You for Star Trek Online!
  • Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon
    Epsilon actually looks better, I think most people are voting for Omega because they are band wagon people,

the really silly thing is, omega doesn't even look like the jupiter
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    #TeamEpsilon
    All I know is that the inevitable Alpha vs Omega battle will be of epic proportions

:: grabs popcorn ::
    5rFUCPd.png

This discussion has been closed.