test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Buff Nullifiers

Can we get a buff to nullifiers so they actually nullify instead of just partially disabling the effects?
This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Comments

• thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    shazia9191 wrote: »
    The nullifier is working as intended. It was designed to nullify the AoE dance effect.

Not much of a nullifier if it doesn't nullify everything.
  • alethkiraenalethkiraen Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    Have you tried turning off your computer?
    fRhmZXV.gif
    To boldly funk where no-one has funked before.
    edited August 2015
    Have you tried turning off your computer?

Trying to get the thread locked already?

Why should you care if I want the nullifier to block all effects instead of just some? It doesn't stop you from enjoying it.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    Can we get a buff to nullifiers so they actually nullify instead of just partially disabling the effects?

Either this guy is a troll or he really really hates disco balls.

edited August 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »

Been to ESD lately?

Please do not bring up that which cannot be named, this is about getting the nullifiers buffed, not about those other things.

• toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited August 2015

Been to ESD lately?

Please do not bring up that which cannot be named, this is about getting the nullifiers buffed, not about those other things.

The exploit is being adressed in two days. I'm sure you can wait it out.

Btw, it can actually stop from enjoying the effect if no other characters dance.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
    toiva wrote: »

Been to ESD lately?

The exploit is being adressed in two days. I'm sure you can wait it out.

Btw, it can actually stop from enjoying the effect if no other characters dance.

They already stop you from dancing. You can't see the other person's screen to enjoy their point of view of the light.
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2015
    I usually avoid these kind of discussions, but when it comes to those nullifiers...

Making them block the "Unnamed Item's" visuals Client-Side would let those who use the "Unnamed Items" to use them unhindered while those who use the nullifiers can have some peace from being bothered by the visuals of them. (A nifty side effect would be improved FPS on the nullifier user's machine, which could be most useful for those who use lower-end machines)

It wouldn't stop the user from seeing everyone around him/her dance, but it would allow that player to go about their business without having that great big distraction floating overhead.
  • apedilbertapedilbert Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    The nullifiers should be removed because they can actually interfere with gameplay. Sometimes I'll join a ground queue and drop a disco ball at the start to give everyone the buff that the Risa doff gives to the disco balls, someone usually has the nullifier in their inventory and is unable to receive the buff. What usually happens is I'll ask them to discard the nullifier so they can benefit; they refuse even though they can just go back to a dabo vendor and pick up another as soon as we finish. The end result is it becomes harder for me to heal them as they'll take more damage throughout the instance.
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User

I'm betting on "troll".

I'm betting on "troll".

What about guy who doesn't like pointless visual distractions in places they don't really belong?

Club 47? Use them to your heart's content.

The exchange? Not so much.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    apedilbert wrote: »
    The nullifiers should be removed because they can actually interfere with gameplay. Sometimes I'll join a ground queue and drop a disco ball at the start to give everyone the buff that the Risa doff gives to the disco balls, someone usually has the nullifier in their inventory and is unable to receive the buff. What usually happens is I'll ask them to discard the nullifier so they can benefit; they refuse even though they can just go back to a dabo vendor and pick up another as soon as we finish. The end result is it becomes harder for me to heal them as they'll take more damage throughout the instance.
    shazia9191 wrote: »

This is a genuine concern that I have as well. As more of a "support" character, my team always comes first. ALWAYS. So if I can't get in there and buff appropriately, then the mission is a personal failure as far as I'm concerned. Devs, please consider removing the nullifier effect for STFs and combat missions, as it is clearly another nail in the coffin for us with support/buff builds. Thanks in advance.

Just when I thought I'd never see anyone make less sense on the forums... I read these.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • captaintroikacaptaintroika Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    Why should you be able to impede the enjoyiment of someone else just because you spent a small amount of latinum on an infinite use nullifier?
    Why should you be able to impede the enjoyiment of someone else just because you spent a small amount of latinum on an infinite use nullifier?

How is someone not seeing the visual affects impeding the enjoyment of someone else?

• koraheaglecrykoraheaglecry Member Posts: 250 Arc User

Im pretty sure that buff isnt a life or death thing.
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User

I'm betting on "troll".

What about guy who doesn't like pointless visual distractions in places they don't really belong?

It's a device meant for use in social zones in a freakin' MMO. Guess where the exchange is located? In a social zone.

The developers have already met the antis halfway and cooked up the nullifier. Get it, use it, love it. No more involuntary dancing for your characters.

It's easy to ignore the rest.

I'm betting on "troll".

It's a device meant for use in social zones in a freakin' MMO. Guess where the exchange is located? In a social zone.

The developers have already met the antis halfway and cooked up the nullifier. Get it, use it, love it. No more involuntary dancing for your characters.

It's easy to ignore the rest.

How does someone else not seeing the visuals affect you?
  • mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User

I'd pay good ZEN for a complete nullifier that removes every single trace of the disco ball.

edited August 2015
    mikoto8472 wrote: »

I'd pay good ZEN for a complete nullifier that removes every single trace of the [REDACTED].

That'd be something I'd actually be willing to throw money at Cryptic for as long as you could claim the item account wide and it was around 500 zen. It being account bound but only claimable once would also probably get my money.

Please don't mention that other thing by name else the thread gets locked in the name of the FCT.
  • happyhappyj0yj0yhappyhappyj0yj0y Member Posts: 699 Arc User

So... I think what you meant to say is that you think they should add a 5% dodge buff to the Party Nullifier? Because that would solve the problem now, wouldn't it?
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User

I'd pay good ZEN for a complete nullifier that removes every single trace of the disco ball.

Including the person who uses the disco ball!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter

Glad to see someone using the boost. Glad to devs put that doff in as a big :-P to party poopers.

I'd pay good ZEN for a complete nullifier that removes every single trace of the [REDACTED].

Including the person who uses the [REDACTED]!

This is about the nullifier. Not the other thing.
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    I believe this thread is wandering from the intended topic. Which if I'm not mistaken is allowing nullifiers to block the visuals of the [Redacted Item]'s visuals Client-Side.

Which in itself isn't an unreasonable request and wouldn't interfere (more so) with the functionality of the [Redacted Item]s or the enjoyment of those who use them.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well it didn't take too long for the North Korean Propaganda Ministry to deploy their forces to this thread.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited August 2015
    orion0029 wrote: »
    I believe this thread is wandering from the intended topic. Which if I'm not mistaken is allowing nullifiers to block the visuals of the [Redacted Item]'s visuals Client-Side.

Which in itself isn't an unreasonable request and wouldn't interfere (more so) with the functionality of the [Redacted Item]s or the enjoyment of those who use them.
    ltminns wrote: »
    Well it didn't take too long for the North Korean Propaganda Ministry to deploy their forces to this thread.

Best to ignore them to avoid the wrath of the FCT.

If anyone wants to start a thread on the merits of a certain item they should do so and not hijack this thread which is about the nullifier and buffing it to client-side completely nullify what it only partially disables.
  • sonicshowersonicshower Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    Can someone explain to me what a nullifier is any why it should be buffed. I've never seen one before.
    sh2sxc7.gif