test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Chance to win a Krenim Dreadnought

Comments

• pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    gypsyblade wrote: »
    Trendy, the link to the stats doesn't work

Checking it out. I think Vanilla is messing with the code a little bit with this one, so I'll manually do some stuff.
    Fixed.

Also we updated the blog. The Annorax has Secondary Deflectors.

• vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    blitzy4 wrote: »
    I bet theres a 5/5u version or something smaller and more conventional for the reward.

There's another version of the Krenim warship.

If you remember, when Annorax was trying to restore his Imperium, he hit a snag and the Imperium shrunk, or reverted to a less powerful version.

The warship reverted to a smaller version too, along with the timeline.
    KrenPatrol1.jpg

Maybe this will be a science ship too. It's called a patrol ship. I dunno It looks like it COULD be kinda sciencey.

tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    Also we updated the blog. The Annorax has Secondary Deflectors.

'Cause it wasn't OP enough already.
  • zckmanzckman Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Have they published the likeliness of getting this ship in the Delta DOFF pack?
  • ussackermanussackerman Member Posts: 275 Bug Hunter
    Any word on the Synergy bonuses?
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    So, the "Console Synergy" set for this ship requires:

Console - Universal - Tipler Cylinder
    Console - Universal - Manheim Device
    Console - Universal - Timeline Analysis Sensor Grid
    Console - Universal - Temporal Shielding Matrix
    As far at that goes, all "Console Synergy" has meant in the past is that the ship can use a console that was previously restricted to other ships and does not come with the new ship. The other time they used that term was with the (T5) Avenger's ability to use the cloaking device console, and it didn't mean you could use the Avenger console on the Defiant or Gal-X on that case, so it's a good guess that it doesn't mean the new consoles will work on the Mobius or Wells in this case.
    Post edited by jaturnley on
  • woerligenwoerligen Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    Doesn't anybody wonder what the Krenim Heavy Raider looks like? There a no pictures. Maybe that's the patrol ship from "Year of Hell", or maybe it's a brand-new design? The suspense is killing me!
    Leipzig University, 1409-2409
  • paspinallpaspinall Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    Ugh, the first T6 science my Klingon or Romulan can use and I havent a cat in TRIBBLE chance of actually getting one.
  • talimustalimus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Yess! we need more lottery! Even logging in is a lottery..."put in your username and password for a CHANCE that you might log in and actually play!!" :D
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    You know there is one other item in this game that is labeled Timeship. We have already gotten the Krenim version of the Temporal Destroyer, now the Krenim version of a Temporal Science Ship. Could it be the 'free' ship is a 'shuttle' equivalent?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • aoax10aoax10 Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    I really would have rather not had this ship available at all than for it to be available this way. Keep funding the game, whales!

It's the only thing keeping the game alive. :)
  • bfelczerbfelczer Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Any word on the Synergy bonuses?
    There's not an overarching 4 or 5 piece set bonus, just a pair of existing 2 piece set bonuses (1. manhiem/ tip and 2. timeline analysis/ temporal shielding).
  • zckmanzckman Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Ok so I've heard different opinions online about why they chose to make it be in a DOFF pack instead of C-Store. I've heard they want more money, it cuts down on the amount of ships, they don't allow cross faction to be in C-Store or basically the ship buyer at Earth Spacedock. Is there like a confirmed reason or just pure speculation? I was personally upset about it because YoH was my favorite episode so having the ship would just make the game fun, but of course I've tried hard to get cross faction ships without success so, I doubt I will have better luck...
  • hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User

Dude !!! You just got Trendy fired. Not cool.

You can come stay with me trendy. That is until you get back on your feet. I got plenty of Coco pebbles and every video game system from the Nes up to the PS4 and 2 pcs linked up. Long nights of Super Mario All-Stars can cure just about anything. Should I pull out the couch bed?

• hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    Please update the Krenim Dreadnought stats, concerning the Universal consoles. Please tell us what bonuses we get from a 2pc, 3pc and 4pc. Along with the resistance and whatever else we need to know. Ty in advance.
  • bfelczerbfelczer Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    hyefather wrote: »
    Please update the Krenim Dreadnought stats, concerning the Universal consoles. Please tell us what bonuses we get from a 2pc, 3pc and 4pc. Along with the resistance and whatever else we need to know. Ty in advance.
    There are no bonuses, other than the existing set bonuses tied to the existing consoles that can go onto the dread (i.e. equipping 3,4, or all 5 doesn't have anything beyond the existing 2 piece set bonuses: 1. manhiem/ tip and 2. timeline analysis/ temporal shielding). At least, that was what was explained to me this morning when I asked about it.
  • caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 485 Arc User
    It has pretty badass stats. I like the boff seating because it means the ship can remain flexible.

Its a sci based ship, but can be used well by any profession captain. It only has one sci locked boff slot. The rest are unis. it also has 4 tac consoles and an extra weapon than other sci ships. Yet it has all the sci innate abilities, secondary deflector and a very high shield modifier. Interesting.

" Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    Heheh, helping out your replacements in PWE communications, Bran?

Btw, glad to see you still around.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • soulsmasterrsoulsmasterr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    i want the tholian tarantura Dreadnought :(
  • borgified007borgified007 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    100 dollars = 10000 zen not counting bonus divide that by 275 and you get 36 point something. So basically 36 chances if you drop that kind of cash on it. What a RIP!
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    A Science Vessel with a 4/3 weapon layout? And someone calls this weak?

people...
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • cresent16cresent16 Member Posts: 3 Arc User

people...

Weaponslots are really usless for Sci....
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    cresent16 wrote: »

people...

Weaponslots are really usless for Sci....
    No, they are absolutely not.
    You can always try to bring your weapon power up to higher levels and then you deal extra weapon damage and all the science damage you did before. There are various powers, consoles and other abilities in the game that help buff your power levels so you could manage a high aux and a high weapon power.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • skyfallentooskyfallentoo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I have seen people talking about the odds of getting one of these ships, just what are the odds?

*Edit Also is the ship account wide or just on the character that is lucky enough to get one?
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    psiameese wrote: »
    The way it reads, opening this Doff pack during the promotion period guarantees either 10 Lobi or the Krenim Dreadnaught. With which ratio, I do wonder? I'm sure 50/50 isn't happening.

Of course, there is the question of what 10 Lobi can get you in the Lobi Store vs. the Krenim Dreadnaught...

I'm sure others can quote the odds, but it's more heavily weighted towards the 10 Lobi. It's closer to having a Blue Moon month, like this past July.
  • tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    well.............
    I'm sure others can quote the odds, but it's more heavily weighted towards the 10 Lobi. It's closer to having a Blue Moon month, like this past July.
    If you were to open a promo pack every month of the year, "blue moons" would appear an order of magnitude more frequently than promo pack ships.
    /channel_join grind
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    well.............
    If you were to open a promo pack every month of the year, "blue moons" would appear an order of magnitude more frequently than promo pack ships.

How about comparing it to winning the maximum prize in a lottery? :worried:
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    well.............
    How about comparing it to winning the maximum prize in a lottery? :worried:
    I heard a rumor it's around 1/100. But yeah it's a character unlock.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • shroomduckshroomduck Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    300$ ship :neutral:

I would of easily paid 30-50$ for this ship but 300 is too much
  • pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Where do you guys come up with the 300$ number?

100 dollars = 10000 zen (assuming you don't purchase from the ARC website to get a bonus) and if you divide that by 275 and you get 36.

If the odds of getting the Krenim Dreadnought are only 1 in 100 (possibly less), that means the average player would have to spend at least $300 to get this ship ... or get VERY lucky.

I was already planning to buy a bunch of duty officer packs and I was waiting for this event (I suspected it was coming). I'm not going to spend anywhere near $300 ... so I either get lucky and score a ship or I end up with a ton of doffs for my various characters.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.