test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Chance to win a Krenim Dreadnought

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    RossFL wrote: »
    Unless there has been a change made so that the pack is only a promo pack during the event. It could mean if you wait to open it up after the event it loses its promo status and chance to win the ship and thereby also losing its inflated EC value on the exchange post event as well. That's the way I read it.
    The problem is this is the same template we've seen for years on these promo packs. They all specify some sort of limited time thing, and doom for the left-overs, because of the nature of the old bugship-in-a-doff-pack system, but what they really meant was they were simply no longer for sale from the C-store after the promotion ended and the thing that "reverted" was the C-store item listing.
    I'm thinking that this one is a bit different. It sounds like it actually gives you a second object that has the lobi/Annorax in it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    sad panda.

that is all.
    JtaDmwW.png
  • blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    A sorta unrelated, related question. Can those temporal set pieces be equipped now on the other ships? Can a Zahl cruiser use a Tipler Cylinder and such now or soon?
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    Naturally the one non-faction specific ship I'm interested in is going to be one of the most expensive. Eh. I'll have to think about it.

It does look really cool though.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    I'm thinking that this one is a bit different. It sounds like it actually gives you a second object that has the lobi/Annorax in it.
    It sounds exactly like the JHAS and Bulwark promo packs that involved the Romulan Survivor DOFF packs. When you bought the thing from the C-store during the promotion, instead of getting a [Romulan Survivor Duty Officer Pack] item, you got a [Promotion! - Romulan Survivor Duty Officer Pack] item. When you opened that [Promotion! - Romulan Survivor Duty Officer Pack] (even after the promotion ended), you received a [Romulan Survivor Duty Officer Pack] plus either 10 lobi or a ship.
    /channel_join grind
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Kind of a jerkbag move, Cryptic. But whatever, people are going to eat it up anyway so who am I to judge?
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »
    Kind of a jerkbag move, Cryptic. But whatever, people are going to eat it up anyway so who am I to judge?

They have already. This morning around 10:00 to 11:00 (Eastern Time) the Dil Exchange was around 210. This announcement is only 2 hours old ATM, and the Dil Exchange is already at 224!
  • porchsongporchsong Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    It sounds exactly like the JHAS and Bulwark promo packs that involved the Romulan Survivor DOFF packs. When you bought the thing from the C-store during the promotion, instead of getting a [Romulan Survivor Duty Officer Pack] item, you got a [Promotion! - Romulan Survivor Duty Officer Pack] item. When you opened that [Promotion! - Romulan Survivor Duty Officer Pack] (even after the promotion ended), you received a [Romulan Survivor Duty Officer Pack] plus either 10 lobi or a ship.

Normally I would agree with you--that is how these DO packs have always worked, but the language is a little off on the announcement. It says "newly purchased DADO packs" will get reward, but then will revert back to DADO packs only after event. So what exactly does that mean? That existing packs get a temporary upgrade with drop during event? Or, that "all" DADO packs (bought before or during event) only get Annorax drop during promotional 2 weeks; then they "all" (regardless of when they were purchased) revert back. It is a very ambiguous statement needing clarification.
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User

I've always thought the day you get down on the game it's time to worry :neutral:

JtaDmwW.png
    jam3s1701 wrote: »

I've always thought the day you get down on the game it's time to worry :neutral:

It's not the first time. I put equal blame on the players and Cryptic. The players enable the developers to do things like this, so in the end we really get the game we ask for. I still think it's wrong, regardless.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    On the bright side the EC cost of the ship traits in that pack should drop hard.
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    Well then...
    6tviTDx.png

• mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    As I feared you've put the most anticipated ship (and the first promotional science ship since practically forever) into a doff pack. Meaning instead of 120-150 million EC such a ship would cost if it were the grand prize of a krenim lockbox II it will be 500+ million EC. Thank you, thank you very much indeed. :(

And I was really hoping that it would end up in an R&D pack. I need some R&D materials, and some extra lobi to go with it is nice.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    When I heard of this ship I was sure Cryptic would not turn pretty much the star of the Iconian War storyline into a prize for gambling.

How I feel seeing this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYIb-acZwk4
    edited August 2015
    Calm down people.

Every time they release a promo,pack they use this bizarre, difficult to understand language.

They have some kind of policy never to admit in writing that [Promotion! - XYZ thing pack] are items that actually exist.

It even confuses the staff, the old CM captain smirk didn't have it explained right to him and posted false info about the promo packs 'reverting' at the end.

The release blog always contains this bizarre gibberish, but an accurate description of what really happens is as follows

"During the promotional event, when you purchase a Delta Alliance Duty Officer Pack from the C-Store, you will receive a [Promotion! - Delta Alliance Duty Officer Pack] instead. When you open this item, you will receive a standard Delta Alliance Duty Officer Pack plus either 10 Lobi crystals or a Krenim Temporal Dreadnought.

At the end of the promotional event, C-Store purchases will no longer supply a [Promotion! - Delta Alliance Duty Officer Pack], but any Promotion! Packs obtained during the event will remain in-game, with a chance to win a Krenim Temporal Dreadnought when opened."

I don't know why they have refused for so long to acknowledge in writing that the Promotion! Pack is an item in the game, I assume they have some reason, but it remains totally inscrutable.

Misleading language has been a mainstay in their marketing strategy.

Players who buy a bunch of Delta Packs at first then sit on them waiting for a promotion to open them all? Sorry, you have to do it all over again during the promotion. Thanks for the money, though.

Players who buy a bunch of doff packs during the promotion and then sit on them waiting for them to appreciate in value after the promotion is over? Sorry, you have to open them all during the promotion. Thanks for the money, though.

Players who point out the misleading language? Sorry, but I can't answer that question, it's above my paygrade. I'll ask Someone(tm) and get back to you. Maybe. I don't know. I'm busy. Quit asking. Thanks for the money, though.

Big enough number of players who point out the misleading language? Sorry, but the language was written before we had an idea of what the promotion was really going to be like. We'll be changing the text in the blog from months ago. Sorry for the confusion. But thanks for the money.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    And thanks @repetitiveepic for being more informative than any of these promo dev blogs. Your next Romulan Ale is on me.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Calm down people.

Every time they release a promo,pack they use this bizarre, difficult to understand language.

They have some kind of policy never to admit in writing that [Promotion! - XYZ thing pack] are items that actually exist.

It even confuses the staff, the old CM captain smirk didn't have it explained right to him and posted false info about the promo packs 'reverting' at the end.

The release blog always contains this bizarre gibberish, but an accurate description of what really happens is as follows

"During the promotional event, when you purchase a Delta Alliance Duty Officer Pack from the C-Store, you will receive a [Promotion! - Delta Alliance Duty Officer Pack] instead. When you open this item, you will receive a standard Delta Alliance Duty Officer Pack plus either 10 Lobi crystals or a Krenim Temporal Dreadnought.

At the end of the promotional event, C-Store purchases will no longer supply a [Promotion! - Delta Alliance Duty Officer Pack], but any Promotion! Packs obtained during the event will remain in-game, with a chance to win a Krenim Temporal Dreadnought when opened."

I don't know why they have refused for so long to acknowledge in writing that the Promotion! Pack is an item in the game, I assume they have some reason, but it remains totally inscrutable.

Misleading language has been a mainstay in their marketing strategy.

Players who buy a bunch of Delta Packs at first then sit on them waiting for a promotion to open them all? Sorry, you have to do it all over again during the promotion. Thanks for the money, though.

Players who buy a bunch of doff packs during the promotion and then sit on them waiting for them to appreciate in value after the promotion is over? Sorry, you have to open them all during the promotion. Thanks for the money, though.

Players who point out the misleading language? Sorry, but I can't answer that question, it's above my paygrade. I'll ask Someone(tm) and get back to you. Maybe. I don't know. I'm busy. Quit asking. Thanks for the money, though.

Big enough number of players who point out the misleading language? Sorry, but the language was written before we had an idea of what the promotion was really going to be like. We'll be changing the text in the blog from months ago. Sorry for the confusion. But thanks for the money.

This is not true.

I never heard them thank me for the money.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    As they say, gamblers gonna gamb.
    /channel_join grind
  • keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Personally I would've voted against adding a playable ship like that, for the same reasons we don't have playable Borg cubes or Herald cruisers, battleships and dreadnoughts.

At least it's a limited time promo. :smile:

I think I'll pass.
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • hipachilleshipachilles Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    Instead of this mewling whining, you guys should be celebrating the fact that Promo Madness Is Coming!

Use your brains people, it's that thing inside your head. You can get space rich from just this one event, and easily afford the omg science dreadnought omg

I must not be good with brains, because I don't understand how to afford the ship. It requires either 1) paying for it with EC (~300MM my guess) or 2) paying for it with ZEN and praying to RNGesus (~$275)

Option 2 requires lots of real cash, or lots of grinding to get the ZEN. Option 1 requires lots of EC either through grinding or a mix of capital/buylow/sellhigh trading between various items and currencies.

I don't see any way around paying a lot for the ship without high capital investment ($, Z, dilithium, or EC). Do you really think one could afford this ship with (say) 30MM EC? Even if you buy the tons of cheap items that will be flooding the exchange, they will only appreciate in value after the promo ends and supplies go back to normal. I am no Ferengi, but I don't see how to get space rich enough to afford the ship. Unless you are talking about striking it rich with someone who forgets to put an extra 0 on 10-stacks of items on the Exchange?
  • captainfelidaecaptainfelidae Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Just put these ships in in the C-store properly dammit, I'm never ever ever going to spend real money on something I'm not guaranteed to get.
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2015
    Nevermind. I don't intend on getting this ship, so I won't bother discussing/arguing anything related to it.

You didn't see anything...

Right?
    Post edited by orion0029 on
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2015
    And there goes my 500mil EC since my science captain would love this ship.
    szim wrote: »
    As I feared you've put the most anticipated ship (and the first promotional science ship since practically forever) into a doff pack. Meaning instead of 120-150 million EC such a ship would cost if it were the grand prize of a krenim lockbox II it will be 500+ million EC. Thank you, thank you very much indeed. :(

Yeah, it sucks that they finally make an excellent science ship after so long, and they stick it in the most expensive slot possible. Why? Because they love to torture science captains.
  • hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    No doubt this ship is going to break the bank.....maybe. If this ship hasn't got good stats for a science ship then I'm gonna pass. I take that back, considering what this monster is going to cost its stats better be as legendary as the wells.
    I knew cryptic was going to do this. After I saw the leaked kremlin dreadnought I knew this was going to be a doff ship. I remember the Voth bulwark, T6 JHSS, and the Elachi sheshar. Anytime you see a ship of this calaber you know cryptics got dollor signs in thier eyes. Like I said though, I've learned in the past it all depends on the stats. The above doff pack ships sell for 500mil and tbh not one of them is worth 200mil. The biggest disapointment being the JHSS. I mean, the trait is nice but the ship falls short. The bulwark would be ok if it wasn't a T5-U with 3 tactical console slots. What can I say about the sheshar. Theres enough faults with it that only someone who actually has one would know not to fly it. Even the trait hurts it. 30 sec CD torp. awefull.
    I may stand corrected though. I have wanted a good T6 science ship for a long time. Even longer for my Romulan Repulblic character. (Really, as much as romulans/remans have been neglected when it comes to science ships, this ship should automatically become free for those characters). If this ship delievers on the stats I may open up some delta doff packs. Lets not forget we still got a chance to win a ton of items that sell for 150mil ecs and up to 500mil.
    I recently sold a Energy weapons doff that stacks crit severity for 370mil. So even if we don't win a ship we may still come out winners.
    Cryptic I could care less if this ship has hanger bays give me a Science ship with these stats and I'm all in. Ready. Here we go. In WIKI style.

Type: Krenim Dreadnought Science Cruiser
    Ship comes with all the Normal Commands that a Science ship normally comes with,
    Carrier Commands, Subsystem Targeting, (improved) Sensor Analysis.
    The Krenim Dreadnought Science Cruiser also comes with a Special Warp core that allows it to phase shift outside of time. The shift works the same as a Enhanced battle cloak found on all romulan warbirds.
    The Improved Sensor Analysis works the same as a normal version only the Improved Sensor analysis gives a stacking buff of 8% percent instead of the normal 5%. This effect stacks up to 6x. Note: You cannot target yourself. Note: Improved Sensor Analysis disables cloak.

Hull: LvL 40 33,000
    LvL 50 43,000
    LvL 60 53,000
    Shield Mod. 1.4
    Weapons: 2 hanger bays 4 / 3, with 1 hanger bay 4/4 , with 0 hanger bays 5/3.
    Hanger Bays 2
    Crew: 1800

Bridge officer stations: (13 total )
    Commander/intel Science
    Lt Commander/ Command/Universal
    Lt Commander/ Tactical
    Lt Commander/ Engineering

Device slots 3
    Consoles 5 science, 4 tactical, 2 engineering

Turn rate: 10
    Inpulse: 0.15
    Inertia rating: 35
    Modifer:
    Bonus Power: +10 weapons , +10 Auxillary

The Krenim dreadnought comes with a Out of Time Croniton Cluster F?#@!
    When hit witlh the Cluster F?!@#$ , The Cluster F?!@#$ removes a critical element out of the human evolution gen pool. Everyone is transformed into tribbles. When this happens all Boff abilitys are put on CD for 10 secs and shields and life support are turned off. When this happens you know you have been hit by the Out of Time Croniton Cluster F?!@#$.

• saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,404 Arc User
    And now, the reactions of the Star Trek characters:
    -Kagran: "Weeks from a working prototype, Nog said, no amount of time manipulation will change that, he said!"
    -T'Ket: "Our sister will be rolling in her grave at each successful roll."
    -Crey: "I'm so gonna get retgone by the Temporal Bureau for allowing this".
    -Temporal Bureau: "Kirk is no longer the winner of time-violations."
    -Guardian of Forever: "I feel so irrelevant now!"

And of course:

-Adranna: "MINE MINE MINE MINE!!"
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Who wants cupcakes? (Stomperx99)Who wants cupcakes? (Stomperx99) Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Oh meh gawd..
    I haven't felt this sexy since the scimitar!
    This is my life now: Fatal Error: Direct3d driver returned error code (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while Presenting
  • cervantes3cervantes3 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Highly disappointing, but not surprised as everyone saw it coming in such event.
    If it was in the C-store, i would have break the bank to acquire it. But no, it's still their f..... gambling system.
    Maybe i will spend 25$ to acquire some packs but not more as i am feeling scammed in a way.

I think Cryptic is making a terrible mystake on this one as it is fairly popular thanks to the "Years of Hell" episode in Voyager. I'm sure they would have earn much more money if put in the C-store.

Guess my Science Ferasan has to wait to have a good T6 science ship.
  • mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    Woooow, like no way man... Nifty looking ship there.
    Guess stats are tomorrow. Wonder if it will have 4/3 weapons layout, since on carriers, when attached Dreadnought in name it gained 1 fore weapon from conventional 3/3 to 4/3.
  • captwilhelmcaptwilhelm Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    I have nothing against the gamble game that Cryptic runs. I just use my freedom to not take part on this. I also learned to accept that Cryptic put on lock boxes/DOff packs ships that players should NEVER be able to play. I'm not okay with it, but I usually do not complain either. But, really Cryptic? Don't you think you are getting a bit too far with this specific ship??? Perhaps just a bit??? Couldn't it be some other silly ship??? For me, this sounds worst than handling players a Borg cube. As a hard-core trekkie, I'm disappointed :( .
    Pre-forum change name: Captain Wilhelm

Thanks Cryptic for introducing the Kelvin Timeline. It remembered why I decided to never more put any money on this game.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    jam3s1701 wrote: »

Same here...
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif