test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Chance to win a Krenim Dreadnought

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited August 2015 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hey everyone!

Now is your chance to win a Krenim Annorax Science Dreadnought! We'll be running a promotion from 9AM PDT on August 13th to 10AM PDT on August 27th! For a limited time that will provide an additional bonus when opening a Delta Alliance Duty Officer Pack!

Learn more details about it here.

You can read the stats of our new Krenim Dreadnought here.

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by pwlaughingtrendy on

Comments

• szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    As I feared you've put the most anticipated ship (and the first promotional science ship since practically forever) into a doff pack. Meaning instead of 120-150 million EC such a ship would cost if it were the grand prize of a krenim lockbox II it will be 500+ million EC. Thank you, thank you very much indeed. :(
  • robyvisionrobyvision Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    When is the mirror universe dreadnought coming?
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    "Chance to win"? I must admit, I suspected that this might be the case with the Krenim Temporal ship. I'm not happy about it, though, as I don't play the 'gamble box lottery' and don't have mountains of credits to purchase one of these from the exchange...

Guess I'll write off any hopes I had of getting one of these. :(
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I see quite a few DOff packs in peoples futures...
    I also see this:
    SO-AND-SO@ Such&Such.com "Has Acquired a Krenim Annorax Science Dreadnought"
    flashing across our game screens and in our chat boxes, a gazillion times.
    Smart monetary move Cryptic.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • mreeves7amreeves7a Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    orion0029 wrote: »
    Guess I'll write off any hopes I had of getting one of these. :(

Same...I had hoped that it would be an option for my KDF Sci to use since Cryptic is deathly allergic to Klingon and Romulan science, but not at the low low price of 'practically unobtainable'...
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,148 Arc User
    Pvpers... The Krenim are coming for you. :worried:
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    So, the 'average' amount spent to get one of these is about $300 bucks, right?
    <chuckle>
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • RossFLRossFL Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    This part is different:
    NOTE: Newly purchased Delta Alliance Duty Officer packs will only offer the chance to win the Krenim Annorax Science Dreadnought during this promotional event. Once this event ends, the packs will revert back to their previous state and no longer offer the Annorax.
    No more making huge loot off buying boxes and selling them later.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    As I feared you've put the most anticipated ship (and the first promotional science ship since practically forever) into a doff pack. Meaning instead of 120-150 million EC such a ship would cost if it were the grand prize of a krenim lockbox II it will be 500+ million EC. Thank you, thank you very much indeed. :(

And I was really hoping that it would end up in an R&D pack. I need R&D materials anyway...
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    We're probably going to fly it in this weeks episode. Though knowing how cryptic normally gears ships it won't be a good representation.
  • hipachilleshipachilles Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    I really would have rather not had this ship available at all than for it to be available this way. Keep funding the game, whales!
  • boweninugamiboweninugami Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    Well...darn, here I was wanting that ship for my Sci officer. Figures they'd do this.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    daveyny wrote: »
    <chuckle>

Indeed...

I was kind of hoping this ship would have been an reward for doing the Iconian (still looking for it by the way) war finale.

Oh well, that brief glimmer of hope is dashed.....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

edited August 2015
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    <chuckle>

Indeed...

I was kind of hoping this ship would have been an reward for doing the Iconian (still looking for it by the way) war finale.

Oh well, that brief glimmer of hope is dashed.....

Luv yer sig...
    When I was a kid, Robert Vaughn and William Holden were like my pretend fathers (actual father left when I was 5).
    Use to look specifically for their movies and shows on TV all the time.
    Even though I'm sure Cavill will do OK in the Man From U.N.C.L.E. movie, he'll never be the Napoleon Solo that Vaughn was.
    B)
  • anjc#8825 anjc Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    I was at first "meh", but when i read about the ability to flop the temporal consoles from the original time ships, i decided to double my grinding efforts, remember, purchase them around august 20-23, the prices should be a bit lower. Oh and cryptic, you are probably one of the most efficient "free" gaming companies in north america at exploitation and pure, lucrative profit, i salute... and curse you.
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2015
    Potentially can use 5 Special Consoles! Jesus!

No wonder the Manheim got fixed a few weeks back...

I was at first "meh", but when i read about the ability to flop the temporal consoles from the original time ships, i decided to double my grinding efforts, remember, purchase them around august 20-23, the prices should be a bit lower. Oh and cryptic, you are probably one of the most efficient "free" gaming companies in north america at exploitation and pure, lucrative profit, i salute... and curse you.

One of those things that kinda-sorta leaves a bad taste in the back of your mouth, when ya stop to really think about it...
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    At least it's not flying backwards! :)

Looks like a lovely ship, but I can't seem to justify spending upwards in the range of $300 just for a chance of receiving a ship...

Probability and statistics have never been in my favor...

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    primar13 wrote: »

Suddenly it all makes sense. :D

Sounds like an awesome ship for captains who want to destroy their enemies with SCIENCE!

:p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    SO-AND-SO@ Such&Such.com "Has Acquired a Krenim Annorax Science Dreadnought" flashing across our game screens and in our chat boxes, a gazillion times.

And I'm SO GLAD I can turn that stuff off, too. I never gamblebox and I don't care to see other people 'win' when they gamblebox.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • solarwraithsolarwraith Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    This is... meh.
  • tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    We are running a promotion from 9AM PDT on August 13th to 10AM PDT on August 27th! for a limited time that will provide an additional bonus when opening a Delta Alliance Duty Officer Pack!
    This isn't really true, though. You get the bonus lobi/ship when you open the [Promotion! - Delta Alliance Duty Officer Pack] wrapper item, not the actual doff pack item.
    NOTE: Newly purchased Delta Alliance Duty Officer packs will only offer the chance to win the Krenim Annorax Science Dreadnought during this promotional event. Once this event ends, the packs will revert back to their previous state and no longer offer the Annorax.
    This is such a weird and inaccurate way of saying that only the item listed for sale in the C-store is reverted back to the standard DOFF pack listing, rather than the promotion pack, but that nothing actually changes with the left over promo packs people still have.

It really seems like this is a weird copy/paste edit job of those old announcements that were made when promotional ships actually did drop from actual doff packs, instead of promo packs, and then mixed in with some fine print about promo packs. It's bizarre, really.

Any chance this announcement template will get a complete re-write to make it factually accurate?
    /channel_join grind
  • porchsongporchsong Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Would you please clarify

"NOTE: Newly purchased Delta Alliance Duty Officer packs will only offer the chance to win the Krenim Annorax Science Dreadnought during this promotional event. Once this event ends, the packs will revert back to their previous state and no longer offer the Annorax."

Does that mean for CURRENT Delta Alliance Duty Office packs (the ones we have on hand or buy before Thursday) that they will gain the Annorax drop? Or, that the Annorax drop will ONLY occur for the two week period only as all DADO packs will revert? I guess I am asking if the DADO packs purchased during the 2 week promo offering will retain the Annorax as the other duty officer pack do: Elachi, Sheshar, Strike Ship, etc. after the event is over?
  • ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    Yeah, saw this coming from over a month ago and saved up a LOT for this! Better be worth it and come with more than 3 for/aft weapons for being a "SCIENCE DREADNOUGHT"!
  • RossFLRossFL Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    This is such a weird and inaccurate way of saying that only the item listed for sale in the C-store is reverted back to the standard DOFF pack listing, rather than the promotion pack, but that nothing actually changes with the left over promo packs people still have.

Unless there has been a change made so that the pack is only a promo pack during the event. It could mean if you wait to open it up after the event it loses its promo status and chance to win the ship and thereby also losing its inflated EC value on the exchange post event. That's the way I read it.
  • captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    While it sucks that this means I'll never be getting this ship, this is exactly what I was expecting. God knows why, but apparently these 'promotions' actually work for some reason in terms of making money. Oh well, while it'd be cool to fly this thing it's probably not going to be all that great statwise.

I was kind of hoping you guys would be awesome and give it out as a limited time offer for people who were around for the end of the iconian war, but I never actually expected that to happen.
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    primar13 wrote: »

Suddenly it all makes sense. :D

Sounds like an awesome ship for captains who want to destroy their enemies with SCIENCE!

:p

This really looks like it is gonna become the most expensive ship in-game and will hold the title for a lone long time!
  • tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    RossFL wrote: »
    Unless there has been a change made so that the pack is only a promo pack during the event. It could mean if you wait to open it up after the event it loses its promo status and chance to win the ship and thereby also losing its inflated EC value on the exchange post event as well. That's the way I read it.
    The problem is this is the same template we've seen for years on these promo packs. They all specify some sort of limited time thing, and doom for the left-overs, because of the nature of the old bugship-in-a-doff-pack system, but what they really meant was they were simply no longer for sale from the C-store after the promotion ended and the thing that "reverted" was the C-store item listing.
    /channel_join grind
  • blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    I'm rather disappointed, not really surprised, just disappointed.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• daltonimperialdaltonimperial Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    porchsong wrote: »
    Would you please clarify

"NOTE: Newly purchased Delta Alliance Duty Officer packs will only offer the chance to win the Krenim Annorax Science Dreadnought during this promotional event. Once this event ends, the packs will revert back to their previous state and no longer offer the Annorax."

Does that mean for CURRENT Delta Alliance Duty Office packs (the ones we have on hand or buy before Thursday) that they will gain the Annorax drop? Or, that the Annorax drop will ONLY occur for the two week period only as all DADO packs will revert? I guess I am asking if the DADO packs purchased during the 2 week promo offering will retain the Annorax as the other duty officer pack do: Elachi, Sheshar, Strike Ship, etc. after the event is over?

The way I read it (which means nothing) is that you get the bonus container when you purchase a Delta Alliance Duty Officer pack from the C-store between the 13th and the 27th. Whether you subsequently Open, Discard, or list the pack itself on the Exchange doesn't give you a(nother) container.

If that's correct, then there is no point to stockpiling packs from the the C-Store before the event or the Exchange (either before or during the event) because the container only appears if you buy a pack from the C-Store during the event. Furthermore, if you buy a pack from the C-Store on the 29th, a container will NOT be added to your inventory.

A clarification would be helpful, because the first paragraph mentions a "bonus when opening a Delta Alliance Duty Officer pack" while the next paragraph says "when you purchase a Delta Alliance Duty Officer pack from the C-Store, a container will be put in your inventory."

Probably obvious to non-newish players: is the drop rate likely over or under 1%?