test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do You like the new forums?

Comments

• cdnhawkcdnhawk Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Oh god no! I hate it! and i can't unsee what i just saw it's horrible make it stop!!!
    I hate this. I mean "HATE".

(edit) and why is my tag "Neverwinter User"?? NEVER in my whole LIFE have I played Neverwinter. I'm an STO LTS, and that's it.
  • posnamesystemposnamesystem Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Oh god no! I hate it! and i can't unsee what i just saw it's horrible make it stop!!!
    From the standpoint of the developer, it's a smashing success. A change that served no purpose the average user can fathom, most users hate the change, functionality has been reduced for the average user, yet very few to none will stop paying over it.
  • vakna4837vakna4837 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    vakna4837 wrote: »
    Would love to see some feedback on this from whoever is in control of the forums. Is it feasible that we can go back to the previous design? Because I know I will be leaving the forums if it stays like this along with a great many other people I know that have the same feelings.

Just look at this poll, only 3% of voters actually approve.

Funny how you focus on the meaningless percentages while conveniently overlooking how few the number of people are that cared enough about the change to actually vote.

Do You like the new forums? 132 votes

Oh god no! I hate it! and i can't unsee what i just saw it's horrible make it stop!!! 102 votes

So at the time of your post, out of the thousands of people that use the forums only 102 people care enough about the change to vote they hated the new forum.

102 complaints out of a community of thousands... laughing.gif

Do you think this forum "upgrade" is actually an improvement though? I mean you can't even navigate to the next page of a thread without scrolling all the way back up to the top. It's like some semi-web design savvy person tried to modernise it with sleeker looks but due to a lack of coding knowledge made everything mechanically worse.

Literally everything about this new forum is a downgrade from the previous one. Where is the justification for moving? Shouldn't there be something that makes this better for justify spending the time migrating? Or do businesses do things for TRIBBLE and giggles these days?
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    Yes i love it i had a nerdgasm!!
    Its a forum.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • radaikofromulusradaikofromulus Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    I wasn't familiar enough with Vanilla to be excited about the move or not. My instinct was that a forum software change could be a good thing. I was hoping to poll positively, but it wasn't possible. I can't tell where STO forums end and another forum begins (at the landing page) initially. I figured that out but the feature that should suppress the other forums doesn't appear to be working. I have t discovered yet how to search the forum and the "quote" link at the botto, went unnoticed until I was actively searching out how to make a reply. It feels disjointed and not very user friendly.
    I wasn't familiar enough with Vanilla to be excited about the move or not. My instinct was that a forum software change could be a good thing. I was hoping to poll positively, but it wasn't possible. I can't tell where STO forums end and another forum begins (at the landing page) initially. I figured that out but the feature that should suppress the other forums doesn't appear to be working. I have t discovered yet how to search the forum and the "quote" link at the botto, went unnoticed until I was actively searching out how to make a reply. It feels disjointed and not very user friendly.

See the missing letters above? Safari in iOS has a huge lag between what has been typed and when it actually renders to the screen. Maybe this shall pass or resolve itself in time. I was a big reader of the old STO forums, but I'm not sure of the new experience will enhance my desire to use the forums. I hope that doesn't become the case.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    I like the new Vanilla forums. It means we get to post using instruments.

ybnj7I2.gif
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    iconians wrote: »

ybnj7I2.gif

To each his own?
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    Frankly, I have zero idea what's going on with the forums. I just finally logged in for the first time after not being able to do so for days and I have 25 messages from some discussion that has been going on since the 19th I'd rather not write about because it's against forum rules anyway. I don't have any idea what thread those belong to but the 25 messages pretty much let me know about the drama quickly.
  • purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
    These forums are a design nightmare. Is this serious?
    A53tvnp.jpg

It'll take some getting used to, but I'll deal with it.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    These forums are a design nightmare. Is this serious?

It's seriously what we have going forward. I am curious as to whether or not there was a focus group involved in this decision or not. Maybe it has to do with whomever is in charge of the overall ARC games portal. I'm simply curious. I've given my feedback and the poll feedback was perhaps a bit more negative than I would have been. Complaining won't undo what's been done, but maybe the constructive feedback will result in some overall improvements. You really can't see hyperlinked text for example. It completely goes unnoticed when not pointed out.
    I've got to create an avatar. I don't even know what the parameters are.

ybnj7I2.gif

ybnj7I2.gif

It doesn't appear that you have voted.
  • mickcasanovamickcasanova Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    I'm thinking PHPBB would have been a much better choice for a free forum software. It's been around a lot longer, and has far better features. Vanilla is.. well, vanilla.
    It doesn't appear that you have voted.

Yeah, that might be a good idea
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,434 Community Moderator
    Meh don't really care one way or the other
    ICONIANS! You're back! YAY!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »

Of course!

UPdrXJF.jpg
    ExtxpTp.jpg

Of course!

UPdrXJF.jpg

It shows at the top of your posts for this thread and help gives some more accurate feedback to the devs. At least with your vote the bar graphs from the poll don't look so stark. I feel kinda bad for the fellows.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,434 Community Moderator
    Looks like you're having fun iconians. :D
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)

Of course!

UPdrXJF.jpg

It shows at the top of your posts for this thread and help gives some more accurate feedback to the devs. At least with your vote the bar graphs from the poll don't look so stark. I feel kinda bad for the fellows.

Still getting used to the new format. And yes, I'm proud to say I'm one of 9 people who likes the new forums. I hated the old ones with a passion and said as much on several occasions. It's nice to see PWE getting with the year 2015 finally.
    Looks like you're having fun iconians. :D

Vanilla Rising is the best expansion ever, and Iconians love it.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    ROFLMAO iconians.

So... why loving the T'Ket model? I personally like the M'Tara model better. :*
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User

Of course!

UPdrXJF.jpg

Still getting used to the new format. And yes, I'm proud to say I'm one of 9 people who likes the new forums. I hated the old ones with a passion and said as much on several occasions. It's nice to see PWE getting with the year 2015 finally.

I sincerely hope that's sarcasm, because if this is 2015 cutting edge forum technology, then I'm afraid our technology is finally regressing.
    ROFLMAO iconians.

So... why loving the T'Ket model? I personally like the M'Tara model better. :*

Think it's just coincidence. The Risa pic isn't mine. And the second one is from the dev blog. I love all Iconians equally.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    Well... we got a few features we didn't have on the old forums, such as post reporting.
    Well... we got a few features we didn't have on the old forums, such as post reporting.

vBulletin does have that feature, that is in most versions of it that I've used. I have no idea why it wasn't operational in the ones PWE/Cryptic were using.
  • rjewkesrjewkes Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    Just please tell me how to re add my signature to the bottom of my comments.
    signature2.jpg
    galacticguards.enjin.com/
    Formerly Jewkesman Member from Nov 2009!
    rjewkes wrote: »
    Just please tell me how to re add my signature to the bottom of my comments.

Use img tags instead of sigpic tags.
    You'll have to have your sig pic stored online somewhere, be it Dropbox, DeviantArt, or some other site.

vBulletin does have that feature, that is in most versions of it that I've used. I have no idea why it wasn't operational in the ones PWE/Cryptic were using.

I have no idea why a lot of things weren't operational in the ones PWE/Cryptic were using. But at least this is a step in the right direction.

Now, we just need a Like button so I can go through threads liking posts without having to say anything and a functional dev tracker.
    ExtxpTp.jpg