test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do You like the new forums?

14567810»

Comments

• greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    Oh god no! I hate it! and i can't unsee what i just saw it's horrible make it stop!!!
    stobg2015 wrote: »
    That just proves the problems aren't with the vanilla forum software, but instead with the individuals at PWE who are making the decisions about what they want the forum to look like and what features they want to let us have access to.

Without speaking of things I'm not allowed to speak about, I can say that what we have here is not what we're stuck with forever. Trendy is hard at work to make things work better. Unfortunately, we're going to have to deal with the "teething pains" of this new forum until it "grows up". Staying with the old forum software indefinitely was never going to be an option we could choose.

There are some basic thing missing that should never have been allowed to. It's a poor design and whoever agreed that this was production ready should not be deciding these again. It doesn't need to be done but you don't release something with basic usability issues, it soirs the first impression of your product. And first impressions you can't do again.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    Oh god no! I hate it! and i can't unsee what i just saw it's horrible make it stop!!!
    Somebody mentioned Marvel Heroes earlier, using Vanilla, and though I've got less than zero interest in the game; I checked out their implementation of Vanilla. Although the Search is the same complete and total fail that it is here, it was curious to note that they had the pagination options at the bottom as well as the top.

So I think it gets into the perhaps "simple/easy" things that they might be able to do, that could potentially help some folks get past some of their gripes. There's not going to be any magic wand that fixes things and makes it perfect for everybody (not everybody wants the same thing) - but there are some things like that pagination, yeah?

Oh well, maybe if folks keep harping on some of the "smaller" things - might be able to get those taken care of piece by piece and work toward something more useful.

It's just a shame about the Search...meh.
  • kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    Well, it makes its purpose. It allows PWE to save money putting all forums in one, and you can write it in. More than that, i dont think they going to give us a good looking and practical forum..
  • wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    I don't like the bland formatting, but I like some of the features. It needs templates to change the look and needs navigational tools like 'Next Page' at the bottom of the thread and a link to return to the root forum.

the next page at the bottom of the page thing ......i didn't realize just how much that would irk me
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • timofborgtimofborg Member Posts: 14 Media Corps
    did'nt use the old ones but this seems very basic and limited and overly restrictive
  • blueflame4444blueflame4444 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    35DYuJp.png

2+16+80=98
    Nice one.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    The other 2% are the people who made the forums. ;)

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    kittyflofy wrote: »
    Well, it makes its purpose. It allows PWE to save money putting all forums in one, and you can write it in. More than that, i dont think they going to give us a good looking and practical forum..

well they nailed it on not being good looking
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,262 Arc User
    wildweasal wrote: »
    What is your opinion of the new Fourms

tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif