test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tribble Maintenance and Release Notes - May 1, 2015

Comments

• doublechadoublecha Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Tribble is being brought down for maintenance to update it to build ST.50.20150425a.4.

Gateway to Gre’thor:
    - Advanced now has a performance failure condition.
    - Advanced now fails if the team does not save a single transport in phase 2.

Now, 95% failed mission. Thank you
    Qapla'
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    doublecha wrote: »
    Now, 95% failed mission. Thank you

if your team can't save 1 transport then well...
  • alex284alex284 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    rmy1081 wrote: »

But, but, but... I deserve rewards even if I don't know how to do a queue! How else will my 30 farming alts in terrible gear that I don't know how to use be able to get iconian marks to fill out their reputations?

Would somebody *please* think of the farming alts?
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    rmy1081 wrote: »

I took what they said more of it being a good change because the fail rate was so high now...as opposed to saving one would be a failgasm.
  • rybaksixrybaksix Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Still no freighters in sector space ???
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So is this the build that has the much-anticipated new Klingon physique patch in it? When does it go live?
    literally buffing Particle manipulator :mad:

the solution for making sci ships pve useful, when your incapable of making npcs that are complex enough to be negativly effected by control and debuffs, and not so numerous that single target debuffs are rendered useless regardless.

nooo, much better to make sci ship exploit damage, i mean exotic damage, be as strong or stronger than beams or cannons, especially in pvp that the particle buff ruined almost a year ago now.
    I'm not sure what is happening in this sarcasm mode(?), but I... I think I agree...?
    alex284 wrote: »
    But, but, but... I deserve rewards even if I don't know how to do a queue! How else will my 30 farming alts in terrible gear that I don't know how to use be able to get iconian marks to fill out their reputations?

Would somebody *please* think of the farming alts?
    As a character TRIBBLE, I am obligated to love this sarcasm mode.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So many good bug fixes. Thanks guys!

The customization of Photo BOffs alone makes me want to log in for the first time in about 2 weeks.

:D

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    No mention of the romulan-kdf uniforms that have been missing for months or the fatal dx errors
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Still waiting on the Andorian Wing Cannons to be upgradeable. They weren't super great before, but now they're utterly useless - dual beams do more damage than they do. And since they're useless, the three consoles that go with them are too.
  • t0ffik1#9170 t0ffik1 Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    literally buffing Particle manipulator :mad:

the solution for making sci ships pve useful, when your incapable of making npcs that are complex enough to be negativly effected by control and debuffs, and not so numerous that single target debuffs are rendered useless regardless.

nooo, much better to make sci ship exploit damage, i mean exotic damage, be as strong or stronger than beams or cannons, especially in pvp that the particle buff ruined almost a year ago now.

The thing is Cryptic doesnt rly know what they want, as if was only Sci's no dps in PVE then the problem is TRIBBLE easy to fix...

for example:

1)Every sci ability when used by a sci toon get +X% all dmg buff vs MOBS/NPC's
    maybe not elengant, but hey it would work - and you could start to reduce sci dmg in PVP in that case.

2) Not liking the idea, then how about tac toon abilities have lowered influence (i mean alpha and other toon dmg increases) on sci abilities (problem solved with tac's being so OP on sci ships)

3) Again wrong idea... then how about sci's on sci dmg keep the free exotic dmg shield pen, where other toons when dealing exotic dmg from sci abilties (ONLY ABILITIES) wouldnt get the free shield pen.

There would be also possibility to mix does solutions...

If you would also balance out FAW in PVE a little then maybe these hard solutions wouldnt be so needed also.

Most of the basic inbalance in DPS is in fact EASY to fix... Its just a matter how elegant you want to go about it. And hey you dont need to make mobs that use abilities :D.
  • daunknownadmindaunknownadmin Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    heckgoblin wrote: »
    Uh... I don't think it's a nerf, dude. With the max bonus from this trait, plus your ship's base crit, you'll still be hitting 60-70% crtH on your exotic powers... except, now you get 40% more crtD. You're trading "always crits" for "crits two thirds of the time" and gaining a buttload of damage variance in the trade.

I suspect we'll be seeing regular 500k+ FBP hits in PVP. Might even break a million dmg.

edit: Also, your particle gen score still determines the raw damage of your exotic powers, so having 400+ pgens is still very much desirable.

Perhaps, I would love nothing more than a buff to my SCI/SCI toon. It's been a lot of fun building and playing her, but I'm just going by this...
    Somebody at 400 Partigens, would have been at 100% CrtH. They're losing 50% CrtH in exchange for +40% CrtD.

Hrmmm...

Going with just the base CrtH/CrtD numbers (yeah, it's ignoring all sorts of things)...

Old 250: 1 + (0.65 * 0.5) = 1.325
    New 250: 1 + (0.525 * 0.75) = 1.39375

Old 400: 1 + (1.0 * 0.5) = 2.5
    New 400: 1 + (0.525 * 0.9) = 1.4725

Hrmmm...

edit: Course, the Partigens is also going to be affecting the damage done in of itself...so that can't be discounted.

edit2: And don't forget the "Going with just the base CrtH/CrtD numbers (yeah, it's ignoring all sorts of things)..." part of it, which would affect that average damage calculation.

Seems to me @ 400+ PG I'm losing more than I'm gaining?

I currently have a PG of 449 with the ship's base crit @ CritH 3.5% and CritD 60.4%

So I'll be going from;

100.00% CritH and 60.40% CritD to
    051.75% CritH and 84.56% CritD
    (not including the "all sorts of things" part)

is that correct?

If so, I think I rather have 100% of the CritH @ 60.40%, unless there's something else I'm not taking into account.
  • xablisxablis Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So still no word on sensor analysis on KDF tholian orb weavers nor on Pi Canis Sortie Bravo and the federation transport raid...
  • spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I took what they said more of it being a good change because the fail rate was so high now...as opposed to saving one would be a failgasm.

It's funny ... I did Gateway to Grethor with 3 toons : my Pve Tac Rom ( ok, the 80k guy ) but also with my ground tac char ( without changing traits ! ) and my PvP engie healer ( in a couple of runs I was with my friend's pvp engie healer char )
    For almost every run, I've called upon guys from the DPS channels, mostly 10k and 30k.
    Never failed one, although oftentimes we've lost the first optionals ( because there you need enough DPS but hey it's just an optional ... )
    In the second phase I use not to fire a single shot and complete the stf with just good teamwork.
    There's no DPS excuse now for pugs : I understand that , in some stfs, NPCs have got a lot of hull but if pugs can't understand simply what to do in Gateway to Grethor, I fear what they do in harder STFs ...
    and that's one reason why ( if not the major reason ) other STFs fail so often.
    Which brings me to the particle manipulator buff : I don't think it's not needed to complete STFs and Particle Manipulator was powerful enough for that task, plus the many ways scis can crowd control NPCs, provided there's a good teamwork.
    Anyway, I've not used sci very much lately so I'll leave this one as a theory of mine.
    Now what? Hierarcy T6 lock box ship incoming? :P
    P58WJe7.jpg

• senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have a horrible sinking feeling in my stomach here.... Building a heavy hitting science ship is NOT a cheap affair. I've invested hundreds of millions of EC and hundreds of thousands dilithium and what not to make my T6 Pathfinder competitive with beam boats.

I just recently finally managed to push over the 30k mark(i'm an engineer), so this change better not put me below that again or i'm going to be absolutely furious. :mad:

Spending lots of time and resources only to be screwed over and have that investment invalidated is seriously not cool.
  • phantrosityphantrosity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Oh look, ANOTHER xp nerf.
  • illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    as nice as all these bugfixes are, i still don't see a fix for choice of marks boxes not giving iconian marks

That isn't a bug. They've said repeatedly that choice of marks boxes ARE NOT INTENDED to give Iconian Marks.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    illcadia wrote: »
    That isn't a bug. They've said repeatedly that choice of marks boxes ARE NOT INTENDED to give Iconian Marks.
    then it's not a choice and they're god-damn liars

either way, i'm going to keep bringing it up every new set of patch notes until they get added
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The Holographic Medical Bridge Officer for both Federation and KDF captains now has customization options for their outfits.

Neither my KDF Captains or my FED Captain's Holographic Medical Bridge Officer can be edited.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
    edited May 2015
    Seems to me @ 400+ PG I'm losing more than I'm gaining?

I currently have a PG of 449 with the ship's base crit @ CritH 3.5% and CritD 60.4%

So I'll be going from;

100.00% CritH and 60.40% CritD to
    051.75% CritH and 84.56% CritD
    (not including the "all sorts of things" part)

is that correct?

If so, I think I rather have 100% of the CritH @ 60.40%, unless there's something else I'm not taking into account.

Note, there was a goof in my previous post - was lacking the caffeine. Fixed it, but not before it was quoted there. I did 1 + (1 + 0.5) instead of 1 + (1 * 0.5) for the initial.

With the two numbers given, it went from 0.25% CrtH per Partigens to 0.20% CrtH and 0.1% CrtD per Partigens.

The normal damage remaining the same because of no change in Partigens...and not considering any other sources of CrtH/CrtD involved, then the average damage we'd be looking at for 449 Partigens with 3.5% CrtH and 60.4% CrtD...

Before

CrtH: 3.5 + (449 * 0.25) = 3.5 + (112.25; reduced to 100) = 103.5; reduced to 100%
    CrtD: 60.4%
    Average Damage: 1 + (1.0 * 0.604) = 1 + 0.604 = 1.604

After

CrtH: 3.5 + (440 * 0.2) = 3.5 + (88; reduced 50) = 53.5%
    CrtD: 60.4 + (440 * 0.1) = 60.4 + 44 = 104.4%
    Average Damage: 1 + (0.535 * 1.044) = 1 + 0.55854 = 1.55854

So from 1.604 to 1.55854...0.04546 difference or 4.546% less average damage. Keep in mind that's a theoretical average that might play out over who knows how many hits...

Thing is, they've taken a completely different approach on this than what they did when they adjusted Beam Overload. First, a little of what they did there. They made it 100% CrtH...so it was always a critical hit. This removed the range of damage that could occur from a BO being a crit or not being a crit. To balance that out, they modified the base damage of the attack to reduce the final damage to keep it within a certain range. They basically "nerfed" the top, buffed the "bottom", and increased the average damage one would see.

With this though...using your numbers to continue the example.

Before: You had a 100% chance to do 160.4% damage. You were always doing 160.4% damage.

After: You'll have a 53.5% chance to do 204.4% damage. 53.5% chance to do 204.4% damage and 46.5% chance to do 100% damage. Just over 50% chance that you're going to double your damage from time to time. Just under 50% chance that you won't increase your damage from time to time.

Where their changes to BO attempted to shrink the range of damage and the "oh snap!" that could happen...this change is doing the opposite. Damage is going to be all over the place with a mix of "meh" and "oh snap!" taking place.

Something else to consider here is the the Tac vs. Sci and what that would mean. Using your numbers, while working in APA with 9 SAP vs. 3stack CoE. Since CrtD itself is a form of Bonus damage. For the APA with 9 SAP, I'm working with the 5% CrtH actually being 4.96% and just being rounded for the tooltip - matching the 49.6% CrtD received.

Before

APA/9SAP

CrtH: 4.96 + 3.5 + (449 * 0.25) = 8.46 + (112.25; reduced to 100) = 108.46; reduced to 100%
    CrtD: 49.6 + 60.4 = 110%
    Average Damage: 1 + (1.0 * 1.1) = 1 + 1.1 = 2.1

3stack CoE

CrtH: 3.5 + (449 * 0.25) = 3.5 + (112.25; reduced to 100) = 103.5; reduced to 100%
    CrtD: 60.4%
    Average Damage(w/o CoE): 1 + (1.0 * 0.604) = 1 + 0.604 = 1.604
    Average Damage(w/ CoE): 1.604 + 0.3 = 1.904

After

APA/9SAP

CrtH: 4.96 + 3.5 + (440 * 0.2) = 8.46 + (88; reduced 50) = 58.46%
    CrtD: 49.6 + 60.4 + (440 * 0.1) = 110 + 44 = 154%
    Average Damage: 1 + (0.5846 * 1.54) = 1 + 0.900284 = 1.900284

3stack CoE

CrtH: 3.5 + (440 * 0.2) = 3.5 + (88; reduced 50) = 53.5%
    CrtD: 60.4 + (440 * 0.1) = 60.4 + 44 = 104.4%
    Average Damage(w/o CoE): 1 + (0.535 * 1.044) = 1 + 0.55854 = 1.55854
    Average Damage(w/ CoE): 1.55854 + 0.3 = 1.85854

So...APA: 2.1 to 1.9; -0.2; where -0.2 = -20%
    So...CoE: 1.904 to 1.85854; -0.04546; where -0.04546 = -4.546% (yes, the amount lost will remain the same as from the example earlier).

Again...APA: Range would be 100% to 254%...41.54% chance for the 100% and 58.46% chance for the 254%.
    Again...CoE: Range would be 130% to 234.4%...46.5% chance for the 130% and 53.5% chance for the 234.4%.

Let's take this a step further. Let's make the Tac a Rom with 5x SROs and the Sci a non-Rom with 2x SROs...just comparing how it will look with the after.

Tac Rom w/ 5x SROs & APA/9SAP

CrtH: 1.5 + 10.0 + 4.96 + 3.5 + (440 * 0.2) = 19.96 + (88; reduced 50) = 69.96%
    CrtD: 3.8 + 25.0 + 49.6 + 60.4 + (440 * 0.1) = 138.8 + 44 = 182.8%
    Average Damage: 1 + (0.6996 * 1.828) = 1 + 1.2788688 = 2.2788688

Sci non-Rom w/ 2x SROs & 3stack CoE

CrtH: 4.0 + 3.5 + (440 * 0.2) = 7.5 + (88; reduced 50) = 57.5%
    CrtD: 10.0 + 60.4 + (440 * 0.1) = 70.4 + 44 = 114.4%
    Average Damage(w/o CoE): 1 + (0.575 * 1.144) = 1 + 0.6578 = 1.6578
    Average Damage(w/ CoE): 1.6578 + 0.3 = 1.9578

Tac Rom: 69.96% chance to do 282.8% damage; 30.04% chance to do 100% damage.
    Sci non-Rom: 57.5% chance to do 244.4% damage; 42.5% chance to do 130% damage.

And well, one can keep adding in different things, etc, etc, etc...cause there would various other things that come into play with the numbers as mentioned my original post that I deleted/edited-out. Cause there are other sources of CrtH/CrtD/Bonus damage....

edit: And if somebody wants to review the numbers, that would be awesome - I've got a bit of caffeine in me, but not enough to be completely comfortable with what I've got there.
    edited May 2015
    Ya, the new EP seemed to be doing so well too.

So much for that.

Sort of feel bad for the newer players who will never be able to climb the spec ladder after the 'developers' pulled it up behind us.

Been six months now and they still haven't monetized spec points. What is the point of the exercise in removing any decent source of xp if they aren't going to offer a monetized alternative?

Buying better gear, upgrading that gear, and so forth potentially leads to completing tasks faster...which in turn has monetized it. The Mo' Fasta Business Plan.
  • daunknownadmindaunknownadmin Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited May 2015

With this though...using your numbers to continue the example.

Before: You had a 100% chance to do 160.4% damage. You were always doing 160.4% damage.

After: You'll have a 53.5% chance to do 204.4% damage. 53.5% chance to do 204.4% damage and 46.5% chance to do 100% damage. Just over 50% chance that you're going to double your damage from time to time. Just under 50% chance that you won't increase your damage from time to time.

Thanks for taking the time to post all that information. I'll be printing it out and reviewing it to better understand the mechanics behind STO. So the changes could potentially be a buff if i can manage to increase my CrtH. Which shouldn't be too hard since I don't currently have any Romulan Boffs. That should give me a noticeable bump. I was using the Scryer on my SCI toon, but recently changed to the Dauntless. If I use APO and put points in SAP I would imagine that would also give me a bump up in damage. I guess I should transfer my SCI to tribble and test this all out.

Thanks again, your post was very helpful and I'm actually looking forward to tweaking this build. Who knows I might even get the Fleet version afterwards.
    edited May 2015
    Thanks for taking the time to post all that information. I'll be printing it out and reviewing it to better understand the mechanics behind STO. So the changes could potentially be a buff if i can manage to increase my CrtH. Which shouldn't be too hard since I don't currently have any Romulan Boffs. That should give me a noticeable bump. I was using the Scryer on my SCI toon, but recently changed to the Dauntless. If I use APO and put points in SAP I would imagine that would also give me a bump up in damage. I guess I should transfer my SCI to tribble and test this all out.

Thanks again, your post was very helpful and I'm actually looking forward to tweaking this build. Who knows I might even get the Fleet version afterwards.

There are some folks out there that could definitely help with putting together a functional Partigens boat far better than I could...the mention of the Dauntless...hrmm, I seem to remember somebody had posted about that boat. Let me see if I can find that post, because he could be somebody to hit up about that and offer better advice on those things than I could.

Yeah, this guy...
    fatman592 wrote: »
    Here's my 30k (ranges depending on team, and now especially with lag) Dauntless. It relies heavily on Reciprocity and All Hands on Deck to essentially keep everything at or near global cool down. The build could be adapted for Nova as she's a solid ship and they share some attributes.

The problem with the build you list is that you are only running one of a given power. Even with the best boffs in the world you're probably only keeping some powers going full tilt. In addition, every science console should be dedicated to the thing you're trying to do. 5 flow caps for drainers, 5 partgens for exotic damage; tactical consoles on a sci ship are better for universal consoles. Also, if you're going for partgen damage, be sure to get the trait Particle Manipulator.

Those things, plus not running 100 weapon power is probably what keeps your damage low.
  • simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Tribble is being brought down for maintenance to update it to build ST.50.20150425a.4.

Content:
    • Gateway to Gre’thor:
      • Advanced now has a performance failure condition.
        • Advanced now fails if the team does not save a single transport in phase 2.
        • Numbers have been adjusted to provide the same as, or rewards greater than previous.
        • The net total of marks should be the same as previous, or slightly higher.
      • Updated the Contact to give version specific instructions on the transport phase.
        • Normal has no added information.
        • Advanced mentions player must save one to pass.
        • Elite mentions player must save the required number to pass.
      • Added Skillpoints to the rewards for optional objectives.
    • Brotherhood of the Sword:
      • Mark rewards have been scaled down as they were initially set too high.
      • Advanced no longer has required objectives.
        • Instead, all potential objectives will be present during Advanced and each is able to be completed for rewards.
    • Herald Sphere:
      • Resolved an issue where optional objectives were not being included in the reward in Advanced mode.

Are we going to start getting SP and XP for kills in these events?
    320x240.jpg
  • coffeemikecoffeemike Member Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yep, can't edit my existing Photonic sci toons on my FED and KDF toons on Tribble at the moment.
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    • Players may no longer equip two different "Ancient Omni-Directional Beam Array" by Upgrading one and leaving the other un-Upgraded.
      • Only one of this weapon is intended to be equipped.
      • Players that have more than one currently equipped will not have their items removed, but will be unable to replace them if removed for any reason.

Just logged onto tribble and my extra omni-directional beam was in my overflow bag, NOT on my ship. So I think this needs to be reworded. I get that it's not supposed to be on my ship now, but this is an error and misleading.

Now as to not being able to equip more than one Omni-Directional Beam of any flavor, why is that? There is no reason to not allow us to use more than one. Especially since AP users and only AP users can use TWO. It does less damage than a normal beam array so that can't be it... I'd really like to know the reason behind this decision.
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What happened to all the diplomatic doff missions in sector space? They been gone since launch of s10. Is it a bug?
    Used to be some in Defera, Bajor, Vulcan, and quite a few other sectors, now im lucky to find only 2 or 3 sectors
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg