What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tribble Maintenance and Release Notes - May 1, 2015

Comments

• Options
    dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Tribble is being brought down for maintenance to update it to build ST.50.20150425a.4.

[...]
    Systems:
    • Duty Officers:
      • Resolved an issue that was causing all assignments with durations between 12 hours and 15.9 hours to scale their rewards more aggressively than intended.
        • The Skillpoint, Expertise and CXP bonuses from these Assignments will be reduced accordingly.
    [...]

I was expecting an adjustment, but gutting their payouts to 10% what it used to be is just hilarious. Who the f**k do you expect to run a 12 hour assignment that pays out 100 cxp in the end.
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • Options
    simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Tribble is being brought down for maintenance to update it to build ST.50.20150425a.4.

Systems:
    [*]Resolved an issue that was preventing the effects of any of the R&D Traits, except for “Particle Manipulator”, from accurately applying their benefits when triggered.
    [*]The duration of the buffs granted by "Deft Cannoneer" and "Beam Barrage" have been increased from 20 seconds to 30 seconds.
    [*]Added a Buff icon to the effects of "Give Your All".
    [*]Reduced the Penetration granted by "Penetrating Rounds" from 10% to 5%.
    [*]Updated the descriptions on all R&D Traits to more accurately reflect their mechanics
    [*]Placed a hard-cap of +50% on the +CritChance gained by “Particle Manipulator”.
    [*]Reduced the Critical Chance benefit per point of “Particle Generators” from .25 to .20.

While i support the limit of one power, trait, and/or console giving so much. I am overly concerned about this. Players confront Cryptic over useless science powers and buffs all the time. While I agree that this buff was Over Powered; It balanced out some of the damage some skills needed. This power did need to be turned down specially from a PvP point of view. But If we are going to cap this should we not cap "Superior Romulan Operatives" as well. Getting a free 12% crit bonus just because you are a Romulan with 5 SROs on your ship. It is along the same concept.

I am not trying to be derogatory in any manor, but It seems like it is okay for a Romulan Tactical Captain to hit 100K DPS but a science captain in a science ship that does 30-50k dps is not okay.

I fully support this nerf! If Cryptic is finally going to start worrying about balance how about fixing the SRO problem as well.

Two ways to fix:
    1. Remove the ability of them stacking
    2. Give all factions a trait just like it.
    320x240.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    heckgoblin wrote: »
    Will it ever.

[Combat (Self)] Your Feedback Pulse II deals 299962 (434444) FeedbackPulse(Critical) to T'Nera.

This is what my FBP currently does. Can't wait to see what it'll do with a bunch more CrtD.

Well while i understand the need for a nerf! Should not also be asking about the original damage! If it was lower the feedback would be lower. I love how it is okay for a BO, CRF, or torp to kill another player, but when science power does it it is OP. I support a rework of FBP, and capping it to a 1/1 ratio minus crits. Should not the initial damage be looked at also. If both of these captains where tacs would it be fair to say you both could have been running APA at the same time.

What i see is a Feedback Pulse buffed by alpha from weapon damage buffed by alpha and both weapons damage and FBP crtiing.

I see a lot more than Particle Manipulation problems I see Crit H is to easy to get high. (some captains running near 50% or higher). Damage from mark 12 to 14, got buffed to insane limits with out a hull or shield buff, to include heals to cover the ranges. The other thing I see is APA buffing non weapons type damage. All of this should be easly fixed if given the resources.
    320x240.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Maybe they don't expect us to. At least this will shut people up about the awful sector space bugs.

If you're not going to do the missions anymore, you wont complain about not being able to find them.

It's not the right thing to do, but it's the easy thing to do.

I took a long hard look at the original proposed reward structure in the Duty Officers 101 thread and how many 'guidelines' just went out of the window but got too depressed.
  • Options
    mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    OMG, what a horrible patch, such full of awful nerfs :(

First, a big "Thank you" for killing any meaningful progression on spec tree via doffing exp. This just kill it, since 10% of what was before means nothing whatsoever.

And also this looks like such a shameful bait and switch tactic. First bait with untold riches the new players and old players alike in making delta toons then TRIBBLE them up with a move like this that kills their progressiong. More then likely this was calculated, since if this was done before Delta recruit event, that wouldve been that succesful.

And if the doff nerf wasnt enuf, why nerf iconian STFs? There were hardly played even now. And BoS was giving too much? Its ridiculous, on normal you barely get 20 marks for 15 mins of play, compared with a battlezone where for 2-3 mins of a capturing point u get 10 marks.
    And good luck playing GoG, it will be pretty much dead from now on.

But guess this is all very much intented to drive players away from the game, cuz it sure looks that way.
  • Options
    hodhedhelhodhedhel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    [*]Resolved an issue that was causing all assignments with durations between 12 hours and 15.9 hours to scale their rewards more aggressively than intended.

Well then, why are assignments UNDER 12 hours and OVER 16 hours reduced as well?
    • Options
      suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
      edited May 2015
      Resolved an issue that was causing all assignments with durations between 12 hours and 15.9 hours to scale their rewards more aggressively than intended.
      The Skillpoint, Expertise and CXP bonuses from these Assignments will be reduced accordingly.
      That was not an issue. It was a feature that actually ENCOURAGED active doffing. And now you're nerfing it to oblivion... gee, thanks...

Hey, Cryptic, how about, instead of killing doffing completely, you try to FIX the sector space assigmnents reseting at random, and bring back the missing Haggle for Gamma Commodities missions, hmm?
      PyKDqad.jpg
    • Options
      sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
      edited May 2015
      Maybe they don't expect us to. At least this will shut people up about the awful sector space bugs.

If you're not going to do the missions anymore, you wont complain about not being able to find them.

It's not the right thing to do, but it's the easy thing to do.

Typical Cryptic then! TBH I dont see why they just don't pull the doffing system all together, because they're slowly killing it any way. If its not nerf's to the XP, it's assignments that disappear when ever they make any adjustments. Lets not forget when they broke it last year and rendered it all but useless for a number of players for around 3 weeks because we couldn't pull in completed missions. Then we come to assignments such as Nadorc, which have no practical use now. They took the Artifacts out of the drop boxes because they were rendered obsolete by the crafting revamp, but they forgot about the doff assignment.
      Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
      t0ffik1#9170 t0ffik1 Member Posts: 134 Arc User
      edited May 2015
      simeion1 wrote: »
      While i support the limit of one power, trait, and/or console giving so much. I am overly concerned about this. Players confront Cryptic over useless science powers and buffs all the time. While I agree that this buff was Over Powered; It balanced out some of the damage some skills needed. This power did need to be turned down specially from a PvP point of view. But If we are going to cap this should we not cap "Superior Romulan Operatives" as well. Getting a free 12% crit bonus just because you are a Romulan with 5 SROs on your ship. It is along the same concept.

I am not trying to be derogatory in any manor, but It seems like it is okay for a Romulan Tactical Captain to hit 100K DPS but a science captain in a science ship that does 30-50k dps is not okay.

I fully support this nerf! If Cryptic is finally going to start worrying about balance how about fixing the SRO problem as well.

Two ways to fix:
      1. Remove the ability of them stacking
      2. Give all factions a trait just like it.

Then maybe we should cap down warp cores power? as i use a warbird, and everything that isnt a vaper is very hard handicapped in pvp on warbirds since they ahve -45 power... The SRO doffs are only thing that keeps them worth using.

If you want to cap down SRO, then your ship should get -45 power so you know how it feels, and no battle cloak is mostly redeemed with lower turn rate and 4/3 weapon slots and not 5/2 or 4/4 on FPER.

The only thing worth capping is SRO not stacking on warpcore ships - as they dont pay the power price for it.
    • Options
      sinnaj63sinnaj63 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
      edited May 2015
      Great. So Doffs are completly useless for XP now. Rather than buffing all the other missions to also give some decent xp the only Doff Missions that were worth doing at all get nerfed to now yield no worthwhile amounts of XP anymore.
    • Options
      edited May 2015
      I just had a stupid thought.

What kind of doff assignment did you actually USE to determinate the baseline of how many CXP an assignment should give?

Because if it was a diplomacy cxp assignment.... Those already have reduced payouts because we have all the cluster exploration missions which give 100 diplo cxp upon completion.... oh wait.... those were removed some time ago...
    • Options
      edited May 2015
      t0ffik1 wrote: »
      Then maybe we should cap down warp cores power? as i use a warbird, and everything that isnt a vaper is very hard handicapped in pvp on warbirds since they ahve -45 power... The SRO doffs are only thing that keeps them worth using.

If you want to cap down SRO, then your ship should get -45 power so you know how it feels, and no battle cloak is mostly redeemed with lower turn rate and 4/3 weapon slots and not 5/2 or 4/4 on FPER.

The only thing worth capping is SRO not stacking on warpcore ships - as they dont pay the power price for it.

Warbirds already get an advantage for loss of power, it is called the singularity core powers. So it is not an even trade. Also get the romluan battle cloak.
      320x240.jpg
    • Options
      organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
      edited May 2015

The Holographic Medical Bridge Officer for both Federation and KDF captains now has customization options for their outfits.

Thank you Thank you Thank you

Who made the changes? Mr. Borticus? If yes, I will love you now as much as Tacofangs..:o:o
    • Options
      x3of9x3of9 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
      edited May 2015
      coffeemike wrote: »
      Yep, can't edit my existing Photonic sci toons on my FED and KDF toons on Tribble at the moment.

Sadly, you have to reclaim the Photonic in order to get him editable on Tribble.
      This is problematic for 2 major reasons:
      1. People who got the BOff outside the C-Store (Prizeboxes)
      2. The cost of unlocking all the skills on the current BOff is lost forever.

Hopefully, there is a way that existing BOffs can have their edit-ability unlocked.
      U.S.S. Marathon - NX-92781
    • Options
      fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
      edited May 2015
      simeion1 wrote: »
      I am not trying to be derogatory in any manor, but It seems like it is okay for a Romulan Tactical Captain to hit 100K DPS but a science captain in a science ship that does 30-50k dps is not.

This is exactly how I feel.

And the nerf to doffing xp.

What a pair of massively moronic decisions.

I'm glad I bought some games off Steam this week.
    • Options
      russianhelperrussianhelper Member Posts: 13 Arc User
      edited May 2015
      About that doffing XP nerf.....

/spit

It's no secret that the new level cap and ridiculous amounts of xp needed for specializations has effectively nerfed alts. Now trhey want to take away a good way of making xp for mains? I would suggest something totally crazy here and say they should buff the xp from these missions instead. I would love to have a reason to play alts again.
    • Options
      arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
      edited May 2015
      as nice as all these bugfixes are, i still don't see a fix for choice of marks boxes not giving iconian marks
      they said it isn't going to happen, your delta and past winter/summer boxes won't get iconian marks. maybe once risian event starts, the new monkey/bird boxes will reward those.

more importantly, i wonder when/if the bug hunt reward boxes still rewarding power cells instead of iconian probes when iconian marks are selected will be fixed.
      Resolved an issue that was causing all assignments with durations between 12 hours and 15.9 hours to scale their rewards more aggressively than intended.
      The Skillpoint, Expertise and CXP bonuses from these Assignments will be reduced accordingly.
      i guess getting one spec point every two weeks was too fast. we'll be getting one per year at this speed, when all those delta quadrant missions that gave about 1k xp now give 120 xp.

on the plus side, i don't have to doff anymore.
      Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
      We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
      We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
    • Options
      mikiiymikiiy Member Posts: 216 Arc User
      edited May 2015
      • Duty Officers:
        • Ultrarare and Epic Duty Officers will now correctly apply a Reward Scalar when used on Assignments, in addition to the odds bonus they already offer.
        • Ultrarare and Epic Duty Officers can now be Dismissed from your Roster, and will reward Dilithium and Recruitment CXP.
        • Resolved an issue that was causing all assignments with durations between 12 hours and 15.9 hours to scale their rewards more aggressively than intended.
          • The Skillpoint, Expertise and CXP bonuses from these Assignments will be reduced accordingly.

Yay more xp nerfs. Doff xp is the only way how to specpoint-level alts atm, cause spending 2 hours doing partols for one spec point is just ridiculous.. i don't even know how people can do this boring grind for their one main toon.

If anything, xp should be boosted by a factor of 10 accross the board for doffs and missions.. you guys are killing the game with total fail design decisions like this one.
    • Options
      arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
      edited May 2015
      but look at it like this:
      getting xp from patrols is extremely dull.
      getting them from doffing is extremely slow.
      replaying old story missions over and over is just as dull as redoing patrols, not to mention they're longer and less rewarding (so naturally patrols will be nerfed to match in a future patch).
      there's no decent xp boost token, just the useless "pay five bucks to get extra 1k exp!" ones, outclassed by everything (i guess an idea to offer 2x-3x xp gain for the next x hours token is too outlandish to consider. imagine that, your own personal xp weekend, paid for with money. the heresy).

there's no more reason to want grinding xp at all, since all options are equally unappealing. there's finally no real reason to log in daily, other than when new content is released until it's played through. we're free from the mmo prison. lol.
      Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
      We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
      We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
    • Options
      takegurutakeguru Member Posts: 94 Arc User
      edited May 2015
      I suppose you just don't want players to earn spec points?

Also, the partgen nerfs are annoying, but that's probably tied to PvP.
      Which is bad because that now affects PvE, when I was perfectly content to ignore the mess that PvP is.
    • Options
      grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited May 2015
      Salami inferno, what happened?

You were supposed to be the guy protecting us from the "vision" that we could all don our black and white Nikes and ride the comet to paradise.

Ruining doffing as a source of XP is just more of the same bad decision making that has made so many people hostile to your company and write the game off as a squandered shame. Weren't you going to be the guy that turned it around? Many of us were very enthusiastic about the prospects!

It's so frustrating and disappointing when you guys make these bad choices.

I don't know if you know this or not but doffing is something a lot of players are really into. DOFFJOBS is one of the largest channels in the game with something like 7000 members if I remember right, and none of them are happy about your choice here.

Why make people unhappy by being unfriendly when it costs nothing, no money or even time or effort, to be friendly and keep them happy?

I just can't understand your motives or your thinking in this choice you made.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for an explanation, actions speak louder than words so no words of explanation could possibly make a difference, I'm just asking what happened to make you change your disposition and let us all down.

QFT.

if it wasn't for doffing I would likely log in about once a week.

Between all the Doff issues and crashes its to the point now I wonder why log in at all.
      [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
    • Options
      t0ffik1#9170 t0ffik1 Member Posts: 134 Arc User
      edited May 2015
      takeguru wrote: »
      I suppose you just don't want players to earn spec points?

Also, the partgen nerfs are annoying, but that's probably tied to PvP.
      Which is bad because that now affects PvE, when I was perfectly content to ignore the mess that PvP is.

Actually this could be a buff if you get some other resources on crtH, as then you wont overcap while you will benefit the crtD.
      Im afraid that SRO using sci ships on tac toons will actually on end game with lots of extra crtH consoles be able to deal higher avarage dmg (and with luck even without them you will deal way more burst dmg)
    • Options
      welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
      edited May 2015
      Doffing is getting ANOTHER nerf....srsly wtf?

Are we also going to BUFF the long missions that pay out for **** too?
      T93uSC8.jpg
    • Options
      gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
      edited May 2015

[*]The Skillpoint, Expertise and CXP bonuses from these Assignments will be reduced accordingly.
      Ugh. Just ugh. The Duty Officer System is one of the highlights of STO to me, and 7000 other players if DOFFJOBS channel membership list is anything to go by.

I would urge you to reconsider. With the sharp increases in the grindiness of the game, especially the specialisation system, a lot of people I know only log on nowdays to doff - they are not exactly happy with the game, but enjoy doffing and the social element, and thus keep this limited link with the game, logging on, in the hope things will get better.

I don't know have a massive social network in game but I can think of at least a dozen established players who will frankly cut their links with the game as a result of this. Enough is enough.

Seriously Cryptic, reconsider this. People are doffing for a reason - the game is incredibly grindy nowdays. A lot of people will not think, "Oh well, I'll just go an do PVE queues and replay episodes now!", but will just say "Yet another enjoyable thing nerfed. TRIBBLE this s***!" and leave.

Is the damage to the community you are causing through this death by a thousand cuts really worth the benefits gained from nerfing doffing?
      yjkZSeM.gif
    • Options
      gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
      edited May 2015
      Salami inferno, what happened?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for an explanation, actions speak louder than words so no words of explanation could possibly make a difference, I'm just asking what happened to make you change your disposition and let us all down.
      Yeah. Agree 100%. I had high hopes for Salami Inferno - some of the changes recently have been pretty positive and gave me cause to be optimistic. The guy seemed to be listening on a number of issues and gradually turning things around.

And then this - same old Cryptic.

I hope they reconsider and I turn out to be wrong
      yjkZSeM.gif
    • Options
      hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
      edited May 2015
      Thanks for the doffing nerfs. I have never seen a company try so damn hard to kill their own game. You are making MMO history here.

I'm also kind of glad to witness it. Truly popcorn worthy stuff going on.