test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anyone else catch the Batman v Superman trailer?

123457»

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Fun fact: in the comics, Doomsday is from Krypton. He hates Superman on an instinctive level because he hates his homeworld.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Fun fact: in the comics, Doomsday is from Krypton. He hates Superman on an instinctive level because he hates his homeworld.

Another fun fact: Zack Snyder is going to make Doomsday a man made creature. Why? Because reasons!

:D
    gfreeman98 wrote: »
    Again, I've not seen this in the movie itself, so not sure where y'all are getting it from.

Snyder went on and on about it during the press for BvS, stating that the ship was super important and that it had significant impact on the world and that open pod was SUPER IMPORTANT and blah blah blah.

Basically, Snyder wants to prove he can beat Marvel by creating a Cinematic Universe in one film that it took them six to build.

I wouldn't even mind it so much if they also incorporated the small screen properties of Flash, Arrow or even freaking SMALLVILLE in this universe, but no. The DCCU is COMPLETELY SEPARATE FROM THE CW UNIVERSE.

Really? Really? You go through all that trouble of trying to beat Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D at their own game, retcon an already pretty cool hero from it's original origin to create a new experience, create a spin off series about another hero, cross over the series together.....AND THEN PROCEED TO COMPLETELY IGNORE THEM IN FAVOR OF JUST MAKING UP AN ENTIRELY NEW UNIVERSE.

:mad:

I thought DC had hit a low when they claimed that doing stand alone films of their heroines and villainess' were a bad idea, but I understood. Most of their gals seem to wear a one piece as a costume and people are slightly oversensitive. I thought it went even lower when they kept rebooting Batman. How many ways can we watch Tomas and Martha Wayne die? Why does Bruce have to keep bringing it up, anyway? I really thought the lowest point they could sink was Batman & Robin and I don't really need to explain that.

But this. This was an extreme. This is lower than anything conceivable. This is lower than Mole Men, Lava Giants, Lucifer's buttcheeks and Agartha combined.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Another fun fact: Zack Synder is going to make Doomsday a man made creature. Why? Because reasons!

:D

He'll be sitting in the petri dish beside Martian Manhunter in Area 51 before he's fully grown and... how did that misogynistic TRIBBLE of a screenwriter put it, "gets angry and ****s She-Hulk?"
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    He'll be sitting in the petri dish beside Martian Manhunter in Area 51 before he's fully grown and... how did that misogynistic TRIBBLE of a screenwriter put it, "gets angry and ****s She-Hulk?"

Hey, he's not that misogynistic.

You should hear his pitch for Zatanna, a strong, independent female magician themed stripp-oh TRIBBLE.

:(
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    valoreah wrote: »
    I had thought the open pod was significant because it belonged to Kara Zor El? If the purpose is to explain the advent of super-powered beings on Earth, then I re-iterate my previous statement that this movie is already in the proverbial toilet.

Sure, any idiot can make a cinematic universe in one film instead of six. It's going to suck hard and totally fail, but it can be done.

"All the super powered people on Earth descend from ancient Kryptonians". Right. And people say Snyder actually reads comics?

Nope. Kara's origin has been regulated to a spin off series and it follows the same formula. She piggybacks off of Kal's escape, remains in stasis for decades and comes out a hot bombshell of a teenager who fights crime because Kal does it.

Oh and did I mention that this also has nothing to do with the cinematic universe as well, despite Kara's costume taking DIRECT INSPIRATION FROM MAN OF STEEL'S WARDROBE?!

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Nope. Kara's origin has been regulated to a spin off series and it follows the same formula. She piggybacks off of Kal's escape, remains in stasis for decades and comes out a hot bombshell of a teenager who fights crime because Kal does it.

Oh and did I mention that this also has nothing to do with the cinematic universe as well, despite Kara's costume taking DIRECT INSPIRATION FROM MAN OF STEEL'S WARDROBE?!

Yeah... color me confused on why the Arrow, Flash, and Supergirl TV shows have nothing to do with the DCCU. After all, Marvel's MCU spans both big screen and small screen, and DC's trying to catch up to Marvel.

Then again, Arrow and Flash are actually FUN, while the "Rush to the Justice League" films are stuffed with grimdark that could make Warhammer 40k blush, so I suppose it's for the best.... Amazing how the DC television properties can get it so right (Smallville excepted, bleeeagghhh) and the films get it so wrong.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Yeah... color me confused on why the Arrow, Flash, and Supergirl TV shows have nothing to do with the DCCU. After all, Marvel's MCU spans both big screen and small screen, and DC's trying to catch up to Marvel.

Then again, Arrow and Flash are actually FUN, while the "Rush to the Justice League" films are stuffed with grimdark that could make Warhammer 40k blush, so I suppose it's for the best.... Amazing how the DC television properties can get it so right (Smallville excepted, bleeeagghhh) and the films get it so wrong.

I'm confused as to why we're getting this crappy "Aliens did it!" universe over the engaging universe of Flash/Arrow/Supergirl myself. The universe is already there! It's established as huge! Why NOT use that one?!

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I'm confused as to why we're getting this crappy "Aliens did it!" universe over the engaging universe of Flash/Arrow/Supergirl myself. The universe is already there! It's established as huge! Why NOT use that one?!

I can only assume that it's because whoever's managing DC's screen properties is an idiot.
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited April 2015

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Is it missing the Bat Symbol? That chestpiece is way too leathery to tell.

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Is it missing the Bat Symbol? That chestpiece is way too leathery to tell.

No, it's there. It's based on the "Dark Knight Returns" suit, but the lighting in that pic is so dark you can't see much color difference.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Amusingly, in the comics they established that the Martians were in part responsible for the existence of metahumans on Earth.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Amusingly, in the comics they established that the Martians were in part responsible for the existence of metahumans on Earth.

In part is not the same as "Whole frakking reason".

Plus, Martian Manhunter is so badazz, he could have been mistaken by Moses as God and I would have been okay with it.

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    In part is not the same as "Whole frakking reason".

Plus, Martian Manhunter is so badazz, he could have been mistaken by Moses as God and I would have been okay with it.
    This was a long time ago, back before humans had discovered fire. It also might be the reason humans started to develop tech. I forget exactly... It was explained by Ganthet, but in the context of him talking about something else, so the detail were sparse.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    rambowdoubledashrambowdoubledash Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Nice to see we're back in the Keaton era where Bruce Wayne doesn't need to be a physically fit athletic type who spent years building his mind and body. They can hire any TRIBBLE to put on a muscle suit and play Batman.

In Michael Keaton's defense, he was an awesome Batman, though.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    In your opinion. I just don't see him having the physical presence to be able to beat up your average criminal with his bare hands. If you need the suit to fake the muscles, then you probably chose the wrong actor.

No offense to Michael Keaton as he is an extremely talented actor. I just don't see him in the part.

LOL, I couldn't help but laugh at your post. You start off by saying "in your opinion", as if that is a counter-argument to what he said, but then go on to make your argument based purely on your own opinion. Irony at it's best :D

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    In your opinion. I just don't see him having the physical presence to be able to beat up your average criminal with his bare hands. If you need the suit to fake the muscles, then you probably chose the wrong actor.

No offense to Michael Keaton as he is an extremely talented actor. I just don't see him in the part.

But as of 2015, he'd make a hell of a Joker.

:eek:

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Not a counter argument at all. It's a different opinion. We are allowed to post them here you know. ;)

I never said otherwise ;)

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    At this point, I'm just calling these movies "Batman: Guest Starring the DC Universe."
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    At this point, I'm just calling these movies "Batman: Guest Starring the DC Universe."

You just might be right:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_The_Brave_and_the_Bold

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg