test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anyone else catch the Batman v Superman trailer?

Comments

• Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,761 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Supes got the brawns, Bats got the brains. This is a fight between brains and brawns.
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zeatrex wrote: »
    I already told you the reasons to why to all the alternative universes, lol!

I know, you said they ran out of ideas. But that is just your opinion. It isn't some kind of fact you can prove to win your argument. There are other people who enjoy the stories you don't, and that does not mean them "wrong" just because you disagree with them.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    hawku001x wrote: »
    Supes got the brawns, Bats got the brains. This is a fight between brains and brawns.

And there is no way to ever settle that issue, because the people on both sides can invent infinite ways their guy could beat the other guy. The guy on the Supes side will say he could just "snipe" Batman from miles away with his heat vision. The guy on the Bats side will say he could get a suit made by a magician(because Superman is vulnerable to magic and has even been cut by a magic blade) which Superman could not punch through or melt away. There are literally endless ways people can come up with that one could or could not beat the other, and none of them can ever be "proven".

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    zeatrexzeatrex Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I get tired of those Batman fanatics out there tossing my Superman hero down like you all know no shame or the true FACTS to a battle between Superman Verses Batman. Now, for all of you out there that claim that Batman can beat/kill/win against Superman, here are some facts you have by passed which seriously makes you look like the fools you are:

Batman is very smart, but he is not the smartest man on the planet, that is Lex Luthor. And Lex has tried many times and failed to beat Superman. Contrary to the belief that Superman is not dumb, Superman is extremely smart. His Father was the top scientist on Krypton, a race far more advanced than humans. Superman outsmarts Lex Luthor all the time, who is smarter than Batman, he outsmarts Brainiac who is one of the smartest beings in the universe. He processes information faster than any human could. Forget strength, take Superman's speed. He can strategically fight and move at over 3x Light Speed. That puts him beyond the speed of human sight, thought, and reaction... WAY beyond. So if you assume Batman could even react to Superman if he was moving near top speeds, even just 1/3 of his top speed (that's the speed of light) he could punch his hand through Batman's chest before Bruce could even think or react or see. Going on to Bruce's gadgets. Superman has scanned ALL of Batman's devices before and mentally noted that he could DRASTICALLY improve the efficiency of them all, but he doesn't want to hurt Bruce's pride. You see for every gadget Batman has, Superman has 3 more advanced alien technology devices in his fortress of solitude.

Here's a little history, when Superman defeated an army of Green Lanterns he explained their thought based weapon does little good to someone who can move thousands of times faster than the speed of human thought. Batman is all done here. Even further, Batman has never beaten Superman in the actually DC Canon, only time they really fought was with Maxwell Lord and Superman beat Batman within an inch of his life, winning the only real fight they've ever had. Also any other stories where Batman seems to have "won" like Hush or Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns, re-read those carefully. DC makes it very clear that at ANY point in those fights, Superman could still kill Batman if he wanted to. Given what we know of Superman's abilities, its not hard to imagine. His infinite mass punch has force equal to a Super Nova. His Heat Vision can burn hotter than the sun and can pierce the Earth in half. His sneeze destroyed a Star system before, his speed is beyond light, his durability allowed him to survive a Super Nova.

Batman's cool and all, but in the end, hes just a man. Also like to add this fact, when Superman lost his powers he was still a crime fighter and trained under Batman, defeated Bruce in a sparring match with NO powers. Just a fun fact to add, that even without powers he has beaten Batman before. Also in Hush, when Batman had the Kryptonite ring, he stated in his thoughts, "Even now, with the Kryptonite ring, Clark could still kill me at any moment if he wanted too. His weakness isn't Kryptonite, it's that he's a good person." Cool line, but he spells it out plain as day." Superman could've beaten Batman if he wanted too, period. So if you throw these 2 into a fight, both blood lusted with equal time to prepare, Superman wins every time. So cut the TRIBBLE, Batman is the same as you and me, compared to something like a "Superman", we don't stand a chance. He isn't called "SUPER"man for the hell of it.

That's all I'm going to say on that matter.
    http://musitrex.ucoz.com/Superman.jpg

You don't read threads do you, just post blindly.
    Well done.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Also like to add this fact, when Superman lost his powers he was still a crime fighter and trained under Batman, defeated Bruce in a sparring match with NO powers. Just a fun fact to add, that even without powers he has beaten Batman before

What comic is this from?

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    You don't read threads do you, just post blindly.
    Well done.

I had a feeling you'd get me.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I had a feeling you'd get me.

I'm still waiting for him to admit he was wrong when he said Superman's powers never changed, even though Superman had blue skin and crazy electric powers for a while. And that wasn't in some alternate world story, that was in the main DC world. It's OK though, he doesn't have to admit it :P

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So um, I just noticed something pretty hilarious. It's like this:

A) there were no replies in this thread for almost 2 hours

B) suddenly, markhawkman and kojirohellfire reply back to back, within 3 minutes of each other

C) markhawkman's post was edited 3 minutes after he posted it

D) both markhawkman and kojirohellfire were replying to me about the exact same "martial arts" issue

E) both markhawkman and kojirohellfire have what appear to be female Romulan avatars

Are you guys alts or something? Quick, one of you log onto the other account and say it's not true :D

PS: here is a little screenshot I made showing all the times in case any edits are made =P

Here come the conspiracy theories. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Yeah, I actually doubted it at first. I mean, any one of those points by themselves could just be coincidental, but once you add them all up it's actually pretty obvious. It was a fun little game while it lasted though, wasn't it? :P

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, I actually doubted it at first. I mean, any one of those points by themselves could just be coincidental, but once you add them all up it's actually pretty obvious. It was a fun little game while it lasted though, wasn't it? :P

Too bad your theory is pretty easy to debunk.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Honestly, I'm not sure which is funnier: you posting differently on alt accounts to look like different people, or the fact that you found a link that quickly to show an example. It's almost like you knew exactly where to look. They're both pretty hilarious :D

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Honestly, I'm not sure which is funnier: you posting differently on alt accounts to look like different people, or the fact that you found a link that quickly to show an example. It's almost like you knew exactly where to look. They're both pretty hilarious :D

Of course I knew where to look; that thread is quite recent.

You can go take your meds now.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I'm still waiting for him to admit he was wrong when he said Superman's powers never changed, even though Superman had blue skin and crazy electric powers for a while. And that wasn't in some alternate world story, that was in the main DC world. It's OK though, he doesn't have to admit it :P
    I already answered every single thing you have posted.
    You are the one that doesn't even take the time to read, either that or read between the lines at what you want to read and ignore the rest.

On a side note, I'm not a him.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Of course I knew where to look; that thread is quite recent.

You can go take your meds now.

You know, my allergies are bothering me a little, so thats not a bad idea. In the meantime, dont forget to log on the markhawkman account and deny it there too :P

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    Superman can beat Batman even without powers in his own title because he's the star.

Batman can beat Superman even with Supes all powered up in Bats' own title because he's the star.

It's all about who's scripted to win. So in that sense, it is a bit like WWE...

Superman's real weakness is his writer.
    :cool:
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    You know, my allergies are bothering me a little, so thats not a bad idea. In the meantime, dont forget to log on the markhawkman account and deny it there too :P

Well, I'll make an admission here that's even more astonishing. I'm actually... YOU. Thus why we keep posting within seconds of each other.

Remember to take your/mine meds, now. :D

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/113/6/e/We__re_All_Mad_Here____by_thefontbandit.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Well, I'll make an admission here that's even more astonishing. I'm actually... YOU. Thus why we keep posting within seconds of each other.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/113/6/e/We__re_All_Mad_Here____by_thefontbandit.jpg

I do find it strange the alter ego haven't posted anything else on this thread since you were called out as a 2-in-1 package.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

I like your style 👍

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I do find it strange the alter ego haven't posted anything else on this thread since you were called out as a 2-in-1 package.

Don't you know... I'm also you too. I have many personalities and you're just one of them. ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Alter egos are also a Superman and Batman shared theme.

/thread

New thread:

Neil DeGrasse Tyson will be in this movie. Maybe. I don't know.
  • Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    His voice is in the trailer; I'd bet a brief cameo is about the extent of it.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Alter egos are also a Superman and Batman shared theme.

/thread

New thread:

Most amusing use of alteregos? When they pretend to be each other. Hehe. It's easier for Superman since all he needs to do is change clothes.... well... and pretend to be human. Pretending to be human is the hard part apparently. No leaping tall buildings with a single bound, etc... oh and actually using Batman's gadgets instead of his powers.

Batman, well.... Batman's ability to pretend to be Superman is quite limited, and requires a suit to do the work for him.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    litchy74litchy74 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Guessing I shouldn't have watched the batman v superman trailer just after star war second teaser trailer. Totally underwhelmed, as a grown old man I also giggled like a school girl at Hans line, I don't even remember most of the BvS trailer and ive seen it a few times.
    Where ever you go, there you are.......

Join The Space Invaders,..... Federation and KDF fleets.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    litchy74 wrote: »
    Guessing I shouldn't have watched the batman v superman trailer just after star war second teaser trailer. Totally underwhelmed, as a grown old man I also giggled like a school girl at Hans line, I don't even remember most of the BvS trailer and ive seen it a few times.

There's not really much to remember... just darkity dark darkness in Darkville.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

That is an awesome avatar you have!

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Hrmm, I remember far more of the BvS trailer than the latest SW trailer...though, the end of the SW trailer dominated, imho. I couldn't tell you what happened in the rest of the SW trailer...it was just, yeah, well, uh huh, and, meh...then a very masculine "teehee"...ahem. If not for the end of the SW trailer, the rest of the trailer would have likely led to me waiting for it come out on Netflix down the road or maybe at a RedBox. The BvS trailer didn't have the end of the SW trailer, but it's overall trailer actually led me to wanting to watch the movie as opposed to skipping it.

Heh, the better SW trailer for me would have just been the music - the date - the scene of Han and Chewie. Would have been..."oh yeah! OH YEAH! OH FREAKIN' YEAH!"

Hell, having watched the Ant-Man trailer and SW trailer up to the Han/Chewie bit, I'd likely see Ant-Man instead...with the too late to change the name bit, heh.

But yeah, the "Chewie, we're home." bit...meh, just hope that doesn't turn out to be the best part of the movie - which given the rest of what's been shown in the trailers, I've got a nagging suspicion it is. :(
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Hrmm, I remember far more of the BvS trailer than the latest SW trailer...though, the end of the SW trailer dominated, imho. I couldn't tell you what happened in the rest of the SW trailer...it was just, yeah, well, uh huh, and, meh...then a very masculine "teehee"...ahem. If not for the end of the SW trailer, the rest of the trailer would have likely led to me waiting for it come out on Netflix down the road or maybe at a RedBox. The BvS trailer didn't have the end of the SW trailer, but it's overall trailer actually led me to wanting to watch the movie as opposed to skipping it.

Heh, the better SW trailer for me would have just been the music - the date - the scene of Han and Chewie. Would have been..."oh yeah! OH YEAH! OH FREAKIN' YEAH!"

Hell, having watched the Ant-Man trailer and SW trailer up to the Han/Chewie bit, I'd likely see Ant-Man instead...with the too late to change the name bit, heh.

But yeah, the "Chewie, we're home." bit...meh, just hope that doesn't turn out to be the best part of the movie - which given the rest of what's been shown in the trailers, I've got a nagging suspicion it is. :(

I find your lack of faith in Disney disturbing.
  • Options
    revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Agreed 100% I'm going to at least see the first SW, then base whether or not Inkeep watching on that. IMO, a SW movie every year for the next 10 years is just going to milk the cash cow into oblivion.

Batman v. Superman looks pretty interesting so far. Plus let's not forget that (if I remember correctly) Suicide Squad is also being released next year, meaning we're going to get a look at the world from a villain's standpoint. I'm really looking forward to that one.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    valoreah wrote: »
    Well I was kind of hoping that it was a fake since it was "leaked", but alas it does seem to be real. This movie is already in the crapper for me.

I think the parody trailer with Bambi in the woods would offer a better film...at least there would be the comedic moments to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwe90O7tktM