test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anyone else catch the Batman v Superman trailer?

Comments

• thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Honestly, I'm not sure which is funnier: you posting differently on alt accounts to look like different people, or the fact that you found a link that quickly to show an example. It's almost like you knew exactly where to look. They're both pretty hilarious :D

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Honestly, I'm not sure which is funnier: you posting differently on alt accounts to look like different people, or the fact that you found a link that quickly to show an example. It's almost like you knew exactly where to look. They're both pretty hilarious :D

Of course I knew where to look; that thread is quite recent.

You can go take your meds now.
  • zeatrexzeatrex Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm still waiting for him to admit he was wrong when he said Superman's powers never changed, even though Superman had blue skin and crazy electric powers for a while. And that wasn't in some alternate world story, that was in the main DC world. It's OK though, he doesn't have to admit it :P
    I already answered every single thing you have posted.
    You are the one that doesn't even take the time to read, either that or read between the lines at what you want to read and ignore the rest.

On a side note, I'm not a him.
    edited April 2015
    Of course I knew where to look; that thread is quite recent.

You can go take your meds now.

You know, my allergies are bothering me a little, so thats not a bad idea. In the meantime, dont forget to log on the markhawkman account and deny it there too :P

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    edited April 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    Superman can beat Batman even without powers in his own title because he's the star.

Batman can beat Superman even with Supes all powered up in Bats' own title because he's the star.

It's all about who's scripted to win. So in that sense, it is a bit like WWE...

Superman's real weakness is his writer.
    :cool:
    edited April 2015
    You know, my allergies are bothering me a little, so thats not a bad idea. In the meantime, dont forget to log on the markhawkman account and deny it there too :P

Well, I'll make an admission here that's even more astonishing. I'm actually... YOU. Thus why we keep posting within seconds of each other.

Remember to take your/mine meds, now. :D

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/113/6/e/We__re_All_Mad_Here____by_thefontbandit.jpg
    edited April 2015
    Well, I'll make an admission here that's even more astonishing. I'm actually... YOU. Thus why we keep posting within seconds of each other.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/113/6/e/We__re_All_Mad_Here____by_thefontbandit.jpg

I do find it strange the alter ego haven't posted anything else on this thread since you were called out as a 2-in-1 package.
    edited April 2015

I like your style 👍

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    edited April 2015
    zeatrex wrote: »
    I do find it strange the alter ego haven't posted anything else on this thread since you were called out as a 2-in-1 package.

Don't you know... I'm also you too. I have many personalities and you're just one of them. ;)
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,764 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Alter egos are also a Superman and Batman shared theme.

/thread

New thread:

Neil DeGrasse Tyson will be in this movie. Maybe. I don't know.
  • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hawku001x wrote: »
    His voice is in the trailer; I'd bet a brief cameo is about the extent of it.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hawku001x wrote: »
    Alter egos are also a Superman and Batman shared theme.

/thread

New thread:

Most amusing use of alteregos? When they pretend to be each other. Hehe. It's easier for Superman since all he needs to do is change clothes.... well... and pretend to be human. Pretending to be human is the hard part apparently. No leaping tall buildings with a single bound, etc... oh and actually using Batman's gadgets instead of his powers.

Batman, well.... Batman's ability to pretend to be Superman is quite limited, and requires a suit to do the work for him.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • litchy74litchy74 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Guessing I shouldn't have watched the batman v superman trailer just after star war second teaser trailer. Totally underwhelmed, as a grown old man I also giggled like a school girl at Hans line, I don't even remember most of the BvS trailer and ive seen it a few times.
    Where ever you go, there you are.......

Join The Space Invaders,..... Federation and KDF fleets.
    edited April 2015
    litchy74 wrote: »
    Guessing I shouldn't have watched the batman v superman trailer just after star war second teaser trailer. Totally underwhelmed, as a grown old man I also giggled like a school girl at Hans line, I don't even remember most of the BvS trailer and ive seen it a few times.

There's not really much to remember... just darkity dark darkness in Darkville.
    edited April 2015

That is an awesome avatar you have!

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Hrmm, I remember far more of the BvS trailer than the latest SW trailer...though, the end of the SW trailer dominated, imho. I couldn't tell you what happened in the rest of the SW trailer...it was just, yeah, well, uh huh, and, meh...then a very masculine "teehee"...ahem. If not for the end of the SW trailer, the rest of the trailer would have likely led to me waiting for it come out on Netflix down the road or maybe at a RedBox. The BvS trailer didn't have the end of the SW trailer, but it's overall trailer actually led me to wanting to watch the movie as opposed to skipping it.

Heh, the better SW trailer for me would have just been the music - the date - the scene of Han and Chewie. Would have been..."oh yeah! OH YEAH! OH FREAKIN' YEAH!"

Hell, having watched the Ant-Man trailer and SW trailer up to the Han/Chewie bit, I'd likely see Ant-Man instead...with the too late to change the name bit, heh.

But yeah, the "Chewie, we're home." bit...meh, just hope that doesn't turn out to be the best part of the movie - which given the rest of what's been shown in the trailers, I've got a nagging suspicion it is. :(
    edited April 2015
    Hrmm, I remember far more of the BvS trailer than the latest SW trailer...though, the end of the SW trailer dominated, imho. I couldn't tell you what happened in the rest of the SW trailer...it was just, yeah, well, uh huh, and, meh...then a very masculine "teehee"...ahem. If not for the end of the SW trailer, the rest of the trailer would have likely led to me waiting for it come out on Netflix down the road or maybe at a RedBox. The BvS trailer didn't have the end of the SW trailer, but it's overall trailer actually led me to wanting to watch the movie as opposed to skipping it.

Heh, the better SW trailer for me would have just been the music - the date - the scene of Han and Chewie. Would have been..."oh yeah! OH YEAH! OH FREAKIN' YEAH!"

Hell, having watched the Ant-Man trailer and SW trailer up to the Han/Chewie bit, I'd likely see Ant-Man instead...with the too late to change the name bit, heh.

But yeah, the "Chewie, we're home." bit...meh, just hope that doesn't turn out to be the best part of the movie - which given the rest of what's been shown in the trailers, I've got a nagging suspicion it is. :(

I find your lack of faith in Disney disturbing.
  • revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Agreed 100% I'm going to at least see the first SW, then base whether or not Inkeep watching on that. IMO, a SW movie every year for the next 10 years is just going to milk the cash cow into oblivion.

Batman v. Superman looks pretty interesting so far. Plus let's not forget that (if I remember correctly) Suicide Squad is also being released next year, meaning we're going to get a look at the world from a villain's standpoint. I'm really looking forward to that one.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    valoreah wrote: »
    Well I was kind of hoping that it was a fake since it was "leaked", but alas it does seem to be real. This movie is already in the crapper for me.

I think the parody trailer with Bambi in the woods would offer a better film...at least there would be the comedic moments to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwe90O7tktM
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think everyone'S negative judgement is unfair. I mean, you can barely see anything in the first place, how do you want to judge a movie based on that?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • rambowdoubledashrambowdoubledash Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think everyone'S negative judgement is unfair. I mean, you can barely see anything in the first place, how do you want to judge a movie based on that?

Because that is the point of a trailer - to give a small preview of the movie, build hype, and try to sell people on the product (i.e., the movie). A trailer should broadly match the tone and the style of the movie that it is advertising so that people who are paying money for movie tickets won't feel cheated or wronged by not getting what was advertising. In sum, the trailer is trying to convince me that spending my hard-earned money and, more importantly, two-odd hours of my time on the movie is a worthwhile investment. So far, I am not convinced of that.

Consider...if you saw a commercial for a product that seemed like it was a camera, went out, bought the product, get home, and then discovered that in actuality the product is actually a toaster, you'd be annoyed, right? Even if it was a perfectly good toaster from a technical standpoint. Movies and their trailers are the same way. If you're making a funny movie, make a funny trailer. If you're making a horror movie, make a scary trailer. And so on.

The thing is that Dawn of Justice isn't just advertising a product, it's advertising an existing product - that is, Superman. And a very large number of people feel that Superman and his comics and movies and stories and so on are supposed to be upbeat, optimistic, and most emphatically, not dark. But the trailer is advertising exactly that: a dark, "realistic" look at what Superman showing up in the world would be like. That is not what I want, so, I react negatively to the trailer, and by extension the movie it's trying to sell.
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited April 2015

We're not judging the movie on the trailer. The trailer is just the latest piece of an already large pile of evidence that this film is not going to be the big Avengers killer DC hopes it to be. An already too expansive cast of heroes, the weird implication that Kryptonians were behind the evolution of all powered beings on earth, Wonder Woman being regulated to a side character (and do NOT get me started on the two years of being told she wasn't getting a solo flick before the JLA film), that odd Aquaman/Criss Angel fusion and the fact that they're attempting to create a massive shared universe in A SINGLE GO.

This film just keeps getting weirder and weirder the more they reveal. I fully expect a frakking post credit scene where two twins sit in a cafe watching the carnage and one of them has a blue monkey on their shoulder.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Maybe next time I use some form of sarcasm smiley. :p
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    edited April 2015
    So anyway, the Batmobile and costumes for Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman have finally been revealed in detail.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • rockerfan88rockerfan88 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I seen the trailer and it looks good! From what I've been told Batman beat Superman in the comics every time they fought. This may be a turn around. I seen William Shatner will be on Entertainment tonight this evening talking about Leonard Nimoy.
    edited April 2015
    From what I've been told Batman beat Superman in the comics every time they fought.

Sort of.

In Dark Knight Returns, Batman faked a heart attack after having run out of tricks. He didn't actually beat Superman, who was still more than able to get up and keep fighting had he felt like wailing on what he thought was a dying man.

In Hush, Batman was fighting Poison Ivy, not Superman. Superman was just Ivy's tool, but for all that he was under Ivy's control she couldn't force Superman to kill a man in cold blood and some part of Superman was constantly fighting against Ivy's control.

As for an out-and-out victory, in "Sacrifice" while being mind-controlled by Maxwell Lord, Superman thinks that he sees Braniac threatening Lois (a clever way to get around the problem of Superman's morals - he'd never kill a human, but Braniac isn't human and can take a punch) and goes all-out on him - only to snap out of it and realize that he'd been beating Batman to death. Batman has to go to a hospital and was at no point even close to winning the fight.
    edited April 2015
    The only time I remember Batman and Superman having a *real* hand to hand fight(where Superman hits back) is in an "Elseworld" story called "The Nail". I won't spoil the story, but at the end Batman fights Superman hand to hand, while Green Lantern puts a protective shield around him. However, GL's ring is almost dead, and the shield starts to wear off, at which point Batman gets trashed.

PS: Darn, I just remembered Batman wasn't actually fighting Superman, but another Kryptonian LOL. Anyway.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    edited April 2015
    The only time I remember Batman and Superman having a *real* hand to hand fight(where Superman hits back) is in an "Elseworld" story called "The Nail". I won't spoil the story, but at the end Batman fights Superman hand to hand, while Green Lantern puts a protective shield around him. However, GL's ring is almost dead, and the shield starts to wear off, at which point Batman gets trashed.

Of course, in "The Nail" we're dealing with a fairly different Superman. Also I can't remember whether or not that's just a sparring match or a real fight. Plus a lot of people in DC comics tend to hold back at all times for various reasons. Superman is very, very fast, but the Flash is and always has been faster.
    edited April 2015
    Of course, in "The Nail" we're dealing with a fairly different Superman. Also I can't remember whether or not that's just a sparring match or a real fight. Plus a lot of people in DC comics tend to hold back at all times for various reasons. Superman is very, very fast, but the Flash is and always has been faster.

It was definitely a full blown "I want to kill you" fight, but see my PS that I added 3 minutes before your post.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,433 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    In Dark Knight Returns, Batman faked a heart attack after having run out of tricks. He didn't actually beat Superman, who was still more than able to get up and keep fighting had he felt like wailing on what he thought was a dying man.
    I clearly remember that bit. Bruce actually had Clark dead to rights (if you'll pardon the expression), and was strangling him. Of course, Bruce had also cheated and used Oliver and some synthetic kryptonite to rob Clark of his powers, but the only reason he "died" and Clark didn't was because Bruce figured out this new world didn't really have room for him - but he also knew he couldn't just retire, it wasn't in his nature, so all he could do was have the "good death" he'd been seeking for years.

Of course, before the kryptonite arrow, Clark had been holding back - Bruce was getting anxious about Ollie actually shooting because he'd finally made Clark mad.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png