Options

Tier 6 Iconic Ships!

1121314151618»

Comments

• Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    shpoks wrote: »
    The last 2 sales included the latest releases.

They did? I must have blinked and missed that. Historically, newer stuff was excluded from ships sales. Vesta, Scimitar, Kumari etc.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    nadiezja wrote: »
    T5U upgrades are $5 and can be bought on the exchange for about 9 million EC. They have statistical parity with T6 ships - they're the bargain approach to bringing your favorite ship to T6 parity, and nearly all previous top-end ships are available at T5U.

T6 ships are $30 (usually available in packs that reduce that price) and have specialty BOff slots (though some have a very difficult time using them - I'm looking at you, Pathfinder!), ship traits, and come with new consoles.

Honestly? $5 or a few million EC to play your favorite ship at T6 parity until Cryptic finishes development on the T6 version doesn't seem that bad.

Or, even if they never bring a T6 version of the ship, i.e. most lockbox grand prizes, just save dil gradually if content ever comes out that requires T6 and buy whichever T6 you want to fly.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    johngazman wrote: »
    They did? I must have blinked and missed that. Historically, newer stuff was excluded from ships sales. Vesta, Scimitar, Kumari etc.

Yeah, everyone else was suprised as you are now. :D
    They justified the first one (T6 Intrepid) with the fact that Zen was on sale the same weekend the T6 Intrepid was released, so including it in the sale would make the price the same (technically) as it was on launch. The command ships however, were just included in the last sale without any further explanations. I guess they intend to include even new T6 in sales given how their base prices are more salty.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    calexistacalexista Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As much as I would like to get excited for the T6 Neg'Var I just can't get excited due to the timing as today is April 1st and this was posted March 31st leading me to think it is just their April fool's joke on us here. If it is legit then I will be able to get a little excited about the news come Thursday if we see them actually in the game for purchase. Until then I will just keep telling myself it is Cryptic just Trolling us for the joke.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    calexista wrote: »
    As much as I would like to get excited for the T6 Neg'Var I just can't get excited due to the timing as today is April 1st and this was posted March 31st leading me to think it is just their April fool's joke on us here. If it is legit then I will be able to get a little excited about the news come Thursday if we see them actually in the game for purchase. Until then I will just keep telling myself it is Cryptic just Trolling us for the joke.

lol :D They wouldn't go into making 3 entirely new ship skins just to pull our leg on the 1-st of April.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    ashandarei22ashandarei22 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Lot of work for an april fools that would get people just that much more angry at them for not actually doing something for the game.

I highly doubt it as that'd be the fastest way to kill the game. So many people would probably quit over an april fools about the Galaxy it's not even funny.

Ok it's kind of funny :P
  • Options
    calexistacalexista Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lol :D They wouldn't go into making 3 entirely new ship skins just to pull our leg on the 1-st of April.

I've seen other game companies put more work into their April Fool's jokes than the 3 new skins so I am sceptical of all new game items announced during the week of april fools. War Thunder did the My Little Ponies for a whole tech Tree, Wargaming normally does something bigger for World of Tanks, Blizzard used to do a lot of work even going so far as CG videos for their Jokes. I could go on but have gotten excited about new content announced at this time of year many times before so now I don't let myself get excited about it. If it was announced as them coming soon 2 weeks ago I would be excited but the timing just has me expecting it to be a joke that these are the are T6 ships coming. I am Expecting the Hybrid-Pilot BO Ships soon tho. I do hope it is Legit and these are the first of the new BO Specialization ships.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I've seen other game companies put more work into their April Fool's jokes than the 3 new skins so I am sceptical of all new game items announced during the week of april fools. War Thunder did the My Little Ponies for a whole tech Tree, Wargaming normally does something bigger for World of Tanks, Blizzard used to do a lot of work even going so far as CG videos for their Jokes. I could go on but have gotten excited about new content announced at this time of year many times before so now I don't let myself get excited about it. If it was announced as them coming soon 2 weeks ago I would be excited but the timing just has me expecting it to be a joke that these are the are T6 ships coming. I am Expecting the Hybrid-Pilot BO Ships soon tho. I do hope it is Legit and these are the first of the new BO Specialization ships.

Yeah, but this is Cryptic we're talking about. They don't even touch-up NPC ships if they don't intend to sell them. ;)
    Plus, it's the T6 Galaxy Class. They wouldn't be joking about that one of all things unless they really want the playerbase to go totally berserk on their asses. :P

I'm not sure if these will have the pilot yet, they seem more like having command to me. Guess we'll see in a hour or so. :)
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Are you certain?

They couldn't risk making such a joke, because people would murder them (verbally at least.)

They could probably get away with a Millennium Falcon, but that would probably not work legally.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    cirran1cirran1 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Personally I find the Galaxy to be the fugliest ship in the STO timeline. I am hoping this is an april fools joke. Meh, it will bag them a ton of money from the folks that have been whining for a tier 6 Galaxy.

Cirran
  • Options
    croesusxcroesusx Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    OMFG I just saw the news post! All I can say is THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! Cryptic, you've finally done what I've been waiting 5 years for you to do! Update the ugly TRIBBLE galaxy class skin to something that actually looks like it!

You've just gained one more subscriber again! :D
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Are you certain?

They couldn't risk making such a joke, because people would murder them (verbally at least.)

They could probably get away with a Millennium Falcon, but that would probably not work legally.

Again, this is Cryptic we're talking about. With a small-ish team, we have seen that they can't/don't venture into updating ships they don't inted to sell afterwards very ofrten.

Besides, it would be more beliveable if these haven't been leaked for some 2-3 weeks now. It was only a matter of time when they officially launch them, therefore this is no joke. Unless they really really want to be in a state of constant war against their playerbase. :D
    cirran1 wrote: »
    Personally I find the Galaxy to be the fugliest ship in the STO timeline. I am hoping this is an april fools joke. Meh, it will bag them a ton of money from the folks that have been whining for a tier 6 Galaxy.

Cirran

We love you too, Cirran. ;)
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So, now that we're getting STO: Rebirth, will the Legoprise be back instead of the Andromeda? :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    bushtonbushton Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think really this is gonna be a total mess with new old ships were 5 now tier6! Kinda like but i want NEW SHIPS and not again the retrofit's retrofit refit. It's like you fried an egg once, ok, twice :mad: but for a third time? oh come on...Please search in your graphic designer imagination, to find new concepts new consoles. And not the always same ships with different costumes. I want a new ship so new and different like the AVENGER and his awsome with his not so universal console.

It's legall you want more money but pls work a little harder & find more ideas!
  • Options
    variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    cirran1 wrote: »

WAAAT? Uglier than the Eclipse? Uglier than the Scryer? UGLIER THAN THE DAUNTLESS?

That's just wrong, man. JUST WRONG.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    The selfishness of some people never ceases to amaze me. *shakes head*
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Twitter, yesterday:
    Stay tuned for more pictures tomorrow, as we follow up with stats and even more shots
    Well, today is tomorrow.

What about the ships stats?
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yreodred wrote: »
    Well, today is tomorrow.

What about the ships stats?

I'm reasonably sure they wanted to get their April Fools joke out of the way first before posting the real stats of the ship. Should be up soon.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    trekkietravistrekkietravis Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Single best ship release to date in game! So glad to see canon ships getting the T6 treatment!

Next a Defiant/B'Rel/T'Varo 3-pack please! =D
  • Options
    lava1701#6560 lava1701 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The stats for the new ships are up! I just randomly signed on and there they were. And the Galaxy actually looks like it can hold it's own now, yaaaaa! Galaxy class fans, rejoice!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lava1701#6560 lava1701 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Not sure if they are going to do a Tier 6 Andromeda Dreadnought to replace the galaxy x because if you look at the dorsal view of the Andromeda in the new stats dev post, the neck impulse engine is soo low and sitting right were the third nacelle would be. Or the pylon to the third nacelle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sovereign47sovereign47 Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    These are very good news! I'll probably try to get all three and I'm hoping to see T6 Dreadnought Galaxy soon too :D
    Also, I presume we can expect T6 Sovereign in closer future, yes? :cool:

Btw, interesting thing is that when I first got Galaxy class I called her USS Andromeda :D
    FED ENG: FA Sirius Verax (USS Leviathan) , FED TAC (Delta): FA Adria Tyllex (USS Thunderblade) , ROM TAC: ADM Kill'ina (IRW Imperix Thrai) , KLING ENG (Delta): LT. GEN Ghol'Vaq Martok (IKS Qeh'Ral II) - 44th Fleet member
    SZ1RgUL.jpg
    SUPPORTING PLAYABLE CARDASSIAN AND DOMINION FACTIONS!
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ok now all we need is Defiant T'varo and B'rel Tier 6 ships they would do well with the Pilot skills from Boffs
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lestrallestral Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If and when I see these ships showing up in STF and see their parse results come in somewhere between the 20K and 30K DPS range, I'll take a look at buying one...