test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crystalline Entity Event [3/5 - 3/26]

Comments

• ussackermanussackerman Member Posts: 275 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Is the fact we are only allowed to choose Fleet or Nukara Marks a bug? I seem to remember getting the full choice of Marks last time.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The team has identified the cause of the issue and are looking into a fix, Captains. :)

Yay its gonna be fixed ... next thursday, 7 days from now, cause the devs almost never do more than one patch in a week, no matter how needed it is
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • armitage95armitage95 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Is the fact we are only allowed to choose Fleet or Nukara Marks a bug? I seem to remember getting the full choice of Marks last time.

You're probably thinking of the reward for completing the reputation project. Fleet and Nukara marks are the only two choices when completing the queue, itself.
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    For me, the Snowflake isn't spawning for roughly 1/4 - 1/3 of the time.... sometimes multiple times in a row.
  • kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Wow having read the above, feeling lucky.

4 toons, 4 perfect runs.

Ah but 25 promo packs and only 250 lobi.

So it all evened out.
  • herachristherachrist Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yay its gonna be fixed ... next thursday, 7 days from now, cause the devs almost never do more than one patch in a week, no matter how needed it is

What I can't understand is that they're promoting this as a special event, complete with an announcement on the login page, a link to an article about the event, and even placing CC at the top of the queue list in-game...and yet it's broken.

I don't have a problem with them addressing the issue, I just think maybe they should not promote it as a special event until it actually works.
  • joel1974joel1974 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Worked fine when I did it with one of my Klingon characters, but later switched to one of Federation characters and did it on advanced. It didn't spawn. A few minutes later did it on Normal and it worked fine.
    edited March 2015
    joel1974 wrote: »
    Worked fine when I did it with one of my Klingon characters, but later switched to one of Federation characters and did it on advanced. It didn't spawn. A few minutes later did it on Normal and it worked fine.

This is because the problem is only with advanced, when s group fails that instance does not auto-close like its supposed to, so people que into a run that has already failed, therefore the zone is either empty, because someone killed the entity after the fail, or the entity gives no loot/completion because the instance was actually open long enough for it to respawn.

Whats really sad is the problem, and its cause, was known by players yesterday, if not earlier, yet the devs didn't even acknowledge it until today.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Let's see, I've been in six, 'sploded twice in the same fight. So that's five clean get-a-ways.

But I'm sure that's got more to do with the skilled other Captains and the mighty Samsar my Cap is piloting with all of it's healing/repairing goodness. Each fights been a close call. Finally got that first unlock and am fast closing on number II.

Probably shouldn't be, but I'm loving the R&D minerals from the grab bag/box, but I am. :o
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This is because the problem is only with advanced

There is no needs to play advanced because it's require more time to complete and doesn't give more shards.
  • thehatchthehatch Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    herachrist wrote: »
    I don't have a problem with them addressing the issue, I just think maybe they should not promote it as a special event until it actually works.

To publish (or even republish) "when it's ready" does not appear to be a part of Cryptic's current strategy.
    A place for race pilots in STO: /channel_join Racing
    Win 15,000 GPL in the Hodos Racing Challenge!
  • kharliskharlis Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hey ya'll!

I double checked with the team regarding the text about the boff - unless it's already slotted, it shouldn't be available this time around. Sorry about the confusion with that.

~LaughingTrendy

So let me get this straight. If I have one that I didn't finish before, I can finish it now with no problems?
  • jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    kharlis wrote: »
    So let me get this straight. If I have one that I didn't finish before, I can finish it now with no problems?

exactly. i finished an old one today and got the doff just fine.
    27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

• staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hmmm, six runs and no issues. Lucky me.

Anyway, borderline trolling led to an unexpected result. My RP Fed alt - flying an NX in a CC Normal - got third place.

Now, I'm no T1 STF ninja, and in a bid to be less troll-y was sporting gravimetric photons and the repair platform console - but that is still beyond insane, especially given at least 1 other player was flying a Mobius...
  • sheepsshipsheepsship Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I had 8 runs (advanced mode) since the CC event started and only 1 without the entity. I find it really funny, that most of the guys reporting this is bugged, but says nothing about how many runs they did.
    And I think there is a reason, why the mission is not flagged as failed after, well, failing. If the fail and autoclose is triggered, you have to wait for 30 min before you can reenter CC event. I do think the best of everyone and hope this is the intent
    edited March 2015
    sheepsship wrote: »
    I had 8 runs (advanced mode) since the CC event started and only 1 without the entity. I find it really funny, that most of the guys reporting this is bugged, but says nothing about how many runs they did.
    And I think there is a reason, why the mission is not flagged as failed after, well, failing. If the fail and autoclose is triggered, you have to wait for 30 min before you can reenter CC event. I do think the best of everyone and hope this is the intent
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The only issue I have had is entering an instance with no CE. This has happened to me twice out of the five runs I have had no issues completing.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,746 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    I would like to request that past Crystalline Event projects/rewards be made available to slot for toons that might've missed out on a previous iteration of the event.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,916 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Okay, I can't get today's shard to be accepted in the project on one of my KDF toons.

Shyann@echatty

It shows she has a shard, but it won't go into the project. And I got some of the other rep projects to fill, so it's just the Event rep that won't accept the shard.

Edit: Never mind, the shard is in the overflow bag. That must be why.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hmmm one team failed the optional but i could go straight back in no cooldown to get the shard. Think my t6 raptor build needs some work though
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Too many glitches with this event, pull down and repair please.
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,916 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I haven't experienced any glitches. I feel for those who have. I run nine toons through it yesterday and today. All have shards for both days, along with the marks, dil and R&D pack.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • mattaukettmattaukett Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Not sure if this is related to the glitches or not, but just run and CC advance and several members of my pug apparently didn't understand the requirement to not get wiped out by the CC's pulse (by the fact they got killed), anyway long story short after giving the mission fail rewards the instance kept going and didn't kick us. Once the CC was dead and people started leaving it (not that the leave mission option appeared so they must have been warping out) the map was then letting new people into it (must have been annoying for them).

On the plus side (for me anyway) it also didn't give a cooldown on the mission so I was able to jump straight back in for my shard rather than having to wait for 1/2 hour.
    edited March 2015
    mattaukett wrote: »
    Not sure if this is related to the glitches or not, but just run and CC advance and several members of my pug apparently didn't understand the requirement to not get wiped out by the CC's pulse (by the fact they got killed), anyway long story short after giving the mission fail rewards the instance kept going and didn't kick us. Once the CC was dead and people started leaving it (not that the leave mission option appeared so they must have been warping out) the map was then letting new people into it (must have been annoying for them).

On the plus side (for me anyway) it also didn't give a cooldown on the mission so I was able to jump straight back in for my shard rather than having to wait for 1/2 hour.

As I've said, what you noticed is the cause of the problems:

Instance is failed, but doesn't close down.

People kill entity anyway, then leave.

New players get in, see no entity, think it never spawned.

After enough time, the entity actually respawns, people kill it, then get no rewards and think it was bugged.

And as I said, players had discovered this, and identified the cause, before yesterday's patch, yet it still was not even investigated by Cryptic until after. This whole situation could have been avoided if they had just listened, but now we have to wait until NEXT thursday for it to be fixed.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    People having been complaining that the Crystalline Entity event for advanced difficulty has been bugged for weeks. We finally get a response from a dev in the bug report section that it will be fixed next week.

You know what I find funny? All of these complaints about advanced being broken there are a lot more players queued up for it than normal mode. Maybe it's not as broken as some people say it is? I haven't done it on advanced mode since before the anniversary event started because I saw reports of it being broken.

At least normal mode works fine. Did it on all 12 characters yesterday and not a problem. Although I did have a slight issue only once on 1 character. I queued up for Crystalline Cataclysm normal mode and a team was found. The timer to enter reached 0 and nothing happened. I opened the PvE queue and I wasn't queued up for it any more. So I requeued and was able to enter and complete it. It happens on rare occasions.

Though I had seen something strange regarding the bonus: I noticed throughout the mission the bonus objective to not have so many players killed would end up changing to green text. Then a few minutes later there would be another copy of the bonus objective right below it. That objective would also turn to green text. Then again, a third time, the bonus objective pops up again and again it turns to green text. I have no idea if we're failing or completing the bonus objective. It's confusing. I'm leaning more towards failing the bonus because of all the idiots that just sit in front of the entity and get blown up all the time (I guess they think taking all that damage will get them first place or something). Getting first place doesn't matter anyway. The equipment you get isn't worth selling in the exchange or even worth upgrading.
  • teddybirdteddybird Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    All of these complaints about advanced being broken there are a lot more players queued up for it than normal mode.

Proberly because the advance isnt much harder than normal. I just got out of my 3rd in a row advance and every and each one was a failed one before i jumped in. However if people fail at 66% they leave, makes sence u get nothing by staying and no penalty if u leave however because the entiy isnt dead it allows new players to join. Thus u end up[ with server copy of a fail instant where it just keeps recycling people in the queue and trying to get a fresh one is hard work.

Only solution is to kill the entiy, hense why ive now done 3 of them with 0 reward just trying to fix the queue, this is something that should of been fixed before a event of this type.
    edited March 2015
    teddybird wrote: »
    Proberly because the advance isnt much harder than normal. I just got out of my 3rd in a row advance and every and each one was a failed one before i jumped in. However if people fail at 66% they leave, makes sence u get nothing by staying and no penalty if u leave however because the entiy isnt dead it allows new players to join. Thus u end up[ with server copy of a fail instant where it just keeps recycling people in the queue and trying to get a fresh one is hard work.

Only solution is to kill the entiy, hense why ive now done 3 of them with 0 reward just trying to fix the queue, this is something that should of been fixed before a event of this type.

Killing the entity doesn't fix it. I'm not sure how long it takes, but it eventually respawns
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Might just be a bit of good luck on my part, but these fights seem to lead to my Captain getting ship weapons or consoles that are exactly what's needed to improve damage on the next Crystal encounter. Pretty much every other run has had something useful. :: shrug :: :o
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • siriusmoonloresiriusmoonlore Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    A quick read of the description for the event "Any Captains" , this implies level THIRTY and up , not level FIFTY and up! I know , reading it again , it does say level fifty and up , but the TITLE for level fifty is NOT CAPTAIN! CAPTAIN IS LEVEL THIRTY!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE USE THE CORRECT TITLE NEXT TIME TO AVOID PLAYERS' CONFUSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    A quick read of the description for the event "Any Captains" , this implies level THIRTY and up , not level FIFTY and up! I know , reading it again , it does say level fifty and up , but the TITLE for level fifty is NOT CAPTAIN! CAPTAIN IS LEVEL THIRTY!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE USE THE CORRECT TITLE NEXT TIME TO AVOID PLAYERS' CONFUSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It isn't referring to our official rank in the game.

No matter what level your character is (whether it's brand new and in the tutorial or level 60) they are usually referred to as "captain" because you are in command of your ship.

Even in the T.V. series if someone lower than captain rank took command of a ship the other officers would refer to them as "captain".

It's actually based off of real life naval traditions. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_%28naval%29#Etymology
    Any naval officer who commands a ship (titled commanding officer, or C.O.) is addressed by naval custom as "captain" while aboard in command, regardless of their actual rank.