test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crystalline Entity Event [3/5 - 3/26]

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Our Crystalline Entity event is coming back! For three weeks, Captains will be able to queue up to defeat the Crystalline Entity and earn tons of rewards!

Learn more about it here.

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• donburritodonburrito Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The blog says the special reward for completing the project is still the Emergency Conn Hologram like it was last time, not the torpedo at the bottom like I'm assuming its supposed to. Just wanted to give you a heads-up :)
    Online DJ and Audio Engineer for Kirtang Pirate Radio and occasional Blog Writer for The G & T Show
    Facebook Page: Don Burrito
    Twitter: @DonBurrito143
  • raythilo2345raythilo2345 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm confused on the Unique Prize...the blog says Very Rare Emergency Conn Hologram Duty Officer but the Image shows a Torpedo...
  • yahtzeemanyahtzeeman Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I think that you get the Conn Hologram plus the torpedo.
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Has a 20hr timer been added yet?
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Apparently (I've just been informed) there was a bug when this ran last time, by where if the previous team failed to complete the mission, the following team weren't provided with the rewards upon their completion.

Would I be correct to assume that this has been fixed for the returning event?
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    EDIT: Redacted. Misread the skill names.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• blessedladyboyblessedladyboy Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    That torp makes my romulan very happy! Going to be some massive numbers with that!
    I wonder, do torp consoles not effect them or things like adapted maco? Only ap tac consoles?
  • birzarkbirzark Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    very interesting torp, i am curious how it stacks with other ones.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Well this should be good, considering my game is crashing to desktop when I play CCA...

Edit: Also, copy/paste blog fail.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    yahtzeeman wrote: »
    I think that you get the Conn Hologram plus the torpedo.

No, they just never proofread this blog before putting it up. They did the same thing the last time it reran.
  • vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Will there be an account wide unlock for the torpedo just like for the anniversary ship? So you don't have to grind it on several toons?

Really nice torp btw!
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to play this one due to random game crashes.
  • myrnwynmyrnwyn Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I would assume you just get the torpedo and the conn officer is just left in there from the text from last time's blog post.

Question re: the torpedo. It does AP damage and takes boosts from AP consoles but it says it's also boosted by projectile weapons training SO: does this take boosts from consoles that boost torpedoes (i.e. kinetic damage) and will it function with the Command specialization's torpedo expose (which debuffs kinetic resist)? Or do we look at this as basically a low DPS AP weapon that takes torpedo Boff skills? Because if it's that last one I'm not sure what we gain from a weapon that just does AP spike beyond just a weapon that looks pretty cool when you fire it.

Edit: guess I should also ask what kind of HY it gets: barrage, destructible, or single big untargetable like the biomolecular one.
  • riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm having a nightmare.

A torpedo enhanced by +AP tactical consoles. It has to be a nightmare.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm having a nightmare.

A torpedo enhanced by +AP tactical consoles. It has to be a nightmare.

Nope, it's happening. lol
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    vocmcp wrote: »
    Will there be an account wide unlock for the torpedo just like for the anniversary ship? So you don't have to grind it on several toons?

Really nice torp btw!

Doubtful, there hasn't been an account wide reduction for any of the other events of this nature.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Really nice torp btw!

This x1000.

Obviously they couldn't give an account wide discount for the 50k dil/marks, etc. But a special project for the item on alts would be most appreciated.
    yjkZSeM.gif
    edited March 2015
    hypl wrote: »
    Nope, it's happening. lol

No it's not. It can't be.

6630 base if you equip 5 tactical +AP consoles. Not counting CrtD rates.

It's not happening.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hey ya'll!

I double checked with the team regarding the text about the boff - unless it's already slotted, it shouldn't be available this time around. Sorry about the confusion with that.

~LaughingTrendy
  • swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    this of course requries that the mission works

played it 2 times last weekend
    1st time the entity didnt even spawn
    2nd time the entity was killed but the mission didnt finish and nobody got any rewards
    edited March 2015
    Hey ya'll!

I double checked with the team regarding the text about the boff - unless it's already slotted, it shouldn't be available this time around. Sorry about the confusion with that.

~LaughingTrendy

Tell me that torpedo is not happening. Tell me I'm having a nightmare.
  • stostargatewarsstostargatewars Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    No it's not. It can't be.

6630 base if you equip 5 tactical +AP consoles. Not counting CrtD rates.

It's not happening.

It could be worst if it is affected like energy weapons by the lvl of the weapon power sub-system.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Really nice torp btw!

No cause you can earn 50k dil on each toon who completes this event.
    edited March 2015
    It could be worst if it is affected like energy weapons by the lvl of the weapon power sub-system.

Worse? It's higher than Neutronic, and we're speaking of a MK XIII rare torpedo, which won't have any drawback for equipping only energy consoles.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Worse? It's higher than Neutronic, and we're speaking of a MK XIII rare torpedo, which won't have any drawback for equipping only energy consoles.

look at the silver lining... most energy only folks didnt spend in skill points into torps.

only class i have with any skill points in torps is sci... and only 6 ranks at that.
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited March 2015
    Hey ya'll!

~LaughingTrendy

TY Trendy.

Totally understand why this isn't an account wide type of reward. 14 runs isn't hard in 3 weeks ;)
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015

One torp to rule them all. The must have item for any antiproton damage junkie.
  • theo1985marstheo1985mars Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    are you guys going to come out with more torps for the rest of use , or are you going to keep playing favorites with antiproton :mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • marikaoniki1marikaoniki1 Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited March 2015

It's happening! >:D
  • taya4svktaya4svk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    swatop wrote: »
    this of course requries that the mission works

played it 2 times last weekend
    1st time the entity didnt even spawn
    2nd time the entity was killed but the mission didnt finish and nobody got any rewards

^THIS^
    My poor kdf wanted to get some game on today, so I loaded CE advanced, I warped in, we killed entity and no reward (probably as I wasnt there from beginning). When I tried later on - few times, the map was empty..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]