test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crystalline Entity Event [3/5 - 3/26]

Comments

• johnluckpicartjohnluckpicart Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I`m super-drunk right now. I had serious trouble doing anything properly in-game (mostly slider-work) except for the Crystalline Catastrophe. Please fix everything else!!! Thank you for considering...
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I`m super-drunk right now. I had serious trouble doing anything properly in-game (mostly slider-work) except for the Crystalline Catastrophe. Please fix everything else!!! Thank you for considering...

So, just a guess, but...

I'm guessing you spent the better part of the day fighting a giant pink elephant, then? ;)
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • jdfosterrocksjdfosterrocks Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    vocmcp wrote: »
    Will there be an account wide unlock for the torpedo just like for the anniversary ship? So you don't have to grind it on several toons?

Really nice torp btw!

honestly i think it would be a good idea to do it on as many chars even if there is or is not a account wide unlock. according to my screen, you also get 50,000 dilithium for completion
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It isn't referring to our official rank in the game.

No matter what level your character is (whether it's brand new and in the tutorial or level 60) they are usually referred to as "captain" because you are in command of your ship.

Even in the T.V. series if someone lower than captain rank took command of a ship the other officers would refer to them as "captain".

It's actually based off of real life naval traditions. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_%28naval%29#Etymology

The only one that didnt seem to get the Captain title until later was Sisko maybe it was different since he was in command of a station
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mongomongo Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    One question, Why are we stuck with only Nukara marks and not the option to pick. It really needs to have that option in these events.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,916 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    CC has the option of Fleet or Nukara marks, always has.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    edited March 2015
    echatty wrote: »
    CC has the option of Fleet or Nukara marks, always has.

I understand that but the Nukara rep Launched on May 21, 2013 you think they could update the reward to include the other reps. Who still need the Nukara marks now? and if you do then it should be an option.
  • piotrtiberiuspiotrtiberius Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Why would the other Reps be included? The Borg and Undine aren't involved in Crystaline Catastrophe, nor are the Voth. We're not fighting it in the Delta Quadrant, or above New Romulus.

Even Nukara is a stretch (they should just rename them Tholian marks).
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The event is for any marks of player's choice; not dependent on the normal marks for standard mission. Nukara is the location the Tholians are occupying and we are fighting to free.
    edited March 2015
    mongo wrote: »
    Who still need the Nukara marks now?

New players are always signing up to play. I didn't bother with rep very much until recently myself. So I guess I do, for one.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Heh, a failed CCA...that was worth logging in for...just for the chuckle. One of those...didn't even know that could really happen things.
  • aggravatornetaggravatornet Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    what have you done to the crystalline mission??

OMG what is up with all the spam/TRIBBLE on the screen??

really? static on the screen for MOST if not ALL of the mission??

this is not making me reach for my wallet.

In fact, I will not even play this event agiain.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    what have you done to the crystalline mission??

OMG what is up with all the spam/TRIBBLE on the screen??

really? static on the screen for MOST if not ALL of the mission??

this is not making me reach for my wallet.

In fact, I will not even play this event agiain.

Um, that's how it is for each of the Catastrophe events - there are random extras in play. It's not how Crystalline normally is, but that is how it normally is for the event.
  • chiselheadchiselhead Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What a graphic nightmare, this just plain sucks is all, going there makes me feel like I just opened a supersize can of spam, many times it doesn't even work, no entity no tholians but a whole lot of graphic spam, and even if it does get an entity that is no guarantee that destroying it will get you any rewards. I will complete the current event but other than that I have no future plans for this PVE que, cuz it sucks ya know
    edited March 2015
    I feel for those who the event doesn't work for. It's worked for me ever since it launched, and I've played it over nine different toons all of those days.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    After release Intel abilities (do only a few in PvE but they are game-breaking in PvP f.e. SS+emp probe), nothing can surprise me. Torpedo what is not affected by +torpedo bonuses (than why it is a torpedo?) for AP builds, which already have second omni-beam. Ok, nothing overpowered to PvE (PvP without rules is already dead), i think the top dpsers shouldn't play it. I hope only, we another, who don't play AntiProton will receive some possibility to have a torpedoes without damage loss ( my romulan wants tactical console +Pla, +PlP, +CrtD), so now the way is open.
  • guardianvalourguardianvalour Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I've had seven runs today where this event failed offer to its reward, making this the sixth day of this event failing to function properly. What is the point in holding events if they don't work properly?

Is it just a question of metrics? So long as "X-Number" of people can play the game/event without incident that everyone else doesn't matter?

It is difficult to support any product that is so shoddily handled as Star Trek Online is. There is talent among your staff, without question, but lack of quality and quality control.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Is it just a question of metrics? So long as "X-Number" of people can play the game/event without incident that everyone else doesn't matter?

Worse than that, so long as X number of people log in each day and dump money on new 1% chance ships, they don't really care if anybody can play the game.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • phreakbeephreakbee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I've had seven runs today where this event failed offer to its reward, making this the sixth day of this event failing to function properly. What is the point in holding events if they don't work properly?

It is difficult to support any product that is so shoddily handled as Star Trek Online is. There is talent among your staff, without question, but lack of quality and quality control.

I was just looking to see if others were having the same problem, low and behold. I understand there's new programing mgt., but when are the F@#ck-ups going to end? When will craptic have a roll-out/shard change without it being all a$$ed up? @ some point, even I will have had enough of this nonsense, and cut my losses (again. I already took a hiatus for almost a year once). This has gotten beyong ridiculous.
    edited March 2015
    And BOOM looks like they do listen! Glad for it Thanks.

Info: from Release notes.

Crystalline Cataclysm:
    Resolved an issue which was causing players to not receive credit for completing the event.
    Updated rewards so that the player can choose any type of Mark for the Mark Reward.
  • spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Worse than that, so long as X number of people log in each day and dump money on new 1% chance ships, they don't really care if anybody can play the game.

So true. :(
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited March 2015

I guess I was among the lucky one that last patch worked for, but I bet that with new improved patch coming out we will all fail to get the reward. :P
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    just want to say good work on making rewards all marks now
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • guardianvalourguardianvalour Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I still had two characters who experienced the same problems of not being properly rewarded. The choice of marks is nice, but means little when bugs persist.
  • streakfury#2432 streakfury Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Just wanted to repost a bugged situation I encountered after yesterday's patch:

After the patch yesterday, I entered an advanced queue for the CE, and the mission objectives appeared so I figured that the mission was OK this time. But when the CE got to about 40% health, the options for which Marks rewards we wanted came up, but the mission didn't complete, and we weren't given the shard as a reward. The 30-minute cooldown timer also started.

So whereas previously it was possible to tell if the mission was bugged by checking that the objectives appeared when we entered the instance, this time it appeared to be working, but bugged out and gave us half the rewards when the CE got to about 40% health.
    Intel i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz / 16Gb DDR3 RAM @ 1600MHz / GeForce GTX1060 6Gb / Corsair Glaive / Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    First, thanks Cryptic for the recent update allowing for a choice of marks during the event. My Alts thank you in enabling them to complete their Delta Rep while simultaneously participating in the CE Grind. :cool:

str34kfury wrote: »
    Just wanted to repost a bugged situation I encountered after yesterday's patch:

After the patch yesterday, I entered an advanced queue for the CE, and the mission objectives appeared so I figured that the mission was OK this time. But when the CE got to about 40% health, the options for which Marks rewards we wanted came up, but the mission didn't complete, and we weren't given the shard as a reward. The 30-minute cooldown timer also started...

That's happened to me a couple times. Sounds like you did not encounter a bug, you were just in a failed mission.

If more than 30% of the players in your instance die during one of the two CE shockwave attacks (that occurs right after the absorption phases) your mission fails and you're given a consolation prize (a few marks only) and have to wait the normal 30min CD time before you can re-attempt a CE run.

While I agree that the CE and enemy ships continued attack makes it unclear that the mission is over (ie Cryptic could make this more obvious, like make the CE/enemies despawn, warp away, or make the planet explode or something...), if you look at the mission objectives there are two listings for the 30% rule and one of them is probably X'd in red, meaning your teams failed.

Most players need to learn that it's difficult to judge the strength of the CE's attack and just get out of the way. I've had times where my weakest BoP is accidentally caught and is barely scratched, but other times I've had a unscathed/fully buffed VoQuv get popped. It all depends how much energy is pumped in during the absorption phase, how many of the CE's dmg buffs are on it ("Recrystalize" tags, or something like that), and how many players are debuffing it with Tachyon Beam, Energy Siphon, etc.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
    edited March 2015
    Heeeey...

I just blew up for the first time since the first time I did this event. Something different indeed. ;)
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Forgive me if it has already been addressed, but I completed the event before the patch and did not get the Torp. What must I do to get it?
    edited March 2015
    Forgive me if it has already been addressed, but I completed the event before the patch and did not get the Torp. What must I do to get it?

The torp only comes after you have collected 14 separate Crystal Shard. Your Captain can earn one Crystal Shard every 20 hours. You have to turn them in the same way that you turn in Qmendations.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Open inventory and look to see if there is an 'Overflow Bag' button at the bottom. If so it's possible your torp was placed in it. If the Overflow Bag won't open you'll need to exit the game completely and relaunch it. The dang thing has a habit of getting stuck like that, as well as a habit of placing items in there in the first place even though you have plenty of room in your inventory.