Install Arc
Options

Galaxy class

Comments

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    captaind3 wrote: »

A Mirrow Negh'Var????? :eek: (if only there was an eye twitch emote)

ARE YE DAFT MAN?????

It would dwarf a Scimitar or a Sheshar!

The Regent's Ship made a Defiant look like a Fighter. Even moreso than the Prototype Jem'Hadar Battleship from Valiant (which is NOT the scale of that that we have available in game). To get the Regent's Negh'Var it would have to be the size of a Voth Citadeal Battleship.

Like tom61sto already said, I was referring to the STO-Mirror Negh'Var which is in-game since close to a year I think, but it's just a STO mirror. But with a LTC Sci console and my thinking was that maybe they use that layout as a reference or, better, the D'D one.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Just a personal note:
    IF they give the T6 Galaxy a "command" hybrid BOFF setup, even if it is similar like the Guardian class (which would be awesome), it wouldn't be very interesting for me.
    It should at least have access to either "Energy Weapons: Surgical Strikes" or "Override Subsystem Safeties". A Galaxy Class without one of those (or better both) just wouldn't feel complete IMO.

At first glance a "command" spec. sounds great for the Galaxy. But if you look closer, you'll see that none of those BOFF powers would be really typical for the Galaxy Class.
    In my opinion Normal Cruiser Commands are command-ish enough, a command spec hybrid BOFF setup wouldn't do the GCS a favour.

Just my 2 cents.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    yreodred wrote: »
    Just a personal note:
    IF they give the T6 Galaxy a "command" hybrid BOFF setup, even if it is similar like the Guardian class (which would be awesome), it wouldn't be very interesting for me.
    It should at least have access to either "Energy Weapons: Surgical Strikes" or "Override Subsystem Safeties". A Galaxy Class without one of those (or better both) just wouldn't feel complete IMO.

At first glance a "command" spec. sounds great for the Galaxy. But if you look closer, you'll see that none of those BOFF powers would be really typical for the Galaxy Class.
    In my opinion Normal Cruiser Commands are command-ish enough, a command spec hybrid BOFF setup wouldn't do the GCS a favour.

Just my 2 cents.

Well, this is something the "Galaxy crowd" has to deal with. Command abilities do not increase dps, unlike the intel abilities you mentioned. And intel ships are done, it's now command hybrids - or they give it (and the Pathfinder retroactively) a universal spec Lt, but I can't see that happening ^^'
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Well, this is something the "Galaxy crowd" has to deal with. Command abilities do not increase dps, unlike the intel abilities you mentioned. And intel ships are done, it's now command hybrids - or they give it (and the Pathfinder retroactively) a universal spec Lt, but I can't see that happening ^^'

Maybe they could do something similar like they did with the T6 Intel ships: Making (some) of their ship parts interchangeable. (looking at the phantom Nacelles, which look gorgeous on the Eclipse).
    Some ship parts from the Galaxy or Galaxy variants would look nice on the Guardian and vice versa.

I know it's a poor comparison, since the Guardian is a intel hybrid, but it shares some similarities with the Ambassador/Galaxy design wise.
    (If it only had some alternative saucers and engineering hulls :( )
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
  • Options
    davideightdavideight Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited March 2015

i donno what game you are playing ...

slot 2-3 torpedo tubes and use concentrate fire 3 increases ST-dps a lot.

command is basically support abilities that support your group with healing or dmg (st) making even low tac ships have good dmg.

thats what command is for: giving less tac heavy ships a procbased skill to have good dps.

im a fan of this skill. also supression barrage combined with faw and beta1/2 is a major boost for survival and dps for the group.

galaxy are seen as battle leading ships in ds9 so it actually 100% fits the role.

what doesnt fit is giving it a pilot seat ... pilot would have been good for the intrepid (see tom paris note in the announcment ...)
    and the defiant and maybe a future excelsior refit, heck even the sovereign

the galaxy and neghvar are basically the top 1 ships that should NOT HAVE PILOT skills EVER ... they were basically fighting standing still or flying forward in tng,ds9 and movies and the odyssey basically died because of trying sit out dmg of three attack ship ^^

so basically ...

galaxy and neghvar will going to have com command hybrid or ltcom command hybrid. maybe "mixed" with a lt tac/intel so you cant have tac and override systems same time.

a pilot seat is interesting but basically the galaxy is the one ship i would think very first of all not having it ... besides a borgcube maybe ... or the krenim timeship ^^

even if you had three tom paris aboard a galaxy, it wouldnt be able to fly different than forward.

(though we have seen theg alaxy turning around extremely fast on her heels, but i think this was typicaly tng 1st season error ^^)
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    tom61sto wrote: »
    There's already a playable Mirror Negh'Var in game, but it's not the Regent's. Just a copy of our Prime one with a fancy paint job and the BOff layout rearranged to have some Eng spots converted to Lt. Comm Science spot and a Tac Ensign.
    Oh, that one.

Funny enough, that's just not the Mirror Negh'var I default to. :P

Percentage of ships gets absurd quickly, the DSD represents 50% of the KDF end-game dedicated Sci ships.

I thought it was 1/3rd. Or are we only counting Klingon ships. I know the Gorn have a science ship, I thought the Orions did too.

the weapons on these ships are operated by computers that have subspace fields around their processors, so they can compute faster then what is physically possible. nothing in the sublight realm could dodge them, unless ships broadcast considerable sensor interference or run full on cloaks to counter it.

there most certainly wouldn't be a danger of a ship actually shooting its own torps or something massively stupid like that, i couldn't even, that that was being thrown around.
    Well getting around targeting systems with speed is impossible, but the weapons at sublight operate at sublight.
    darlexa wrote: »
    I agree, the dead zones for the phaser arrays, if they exist, would be quite small. I think there is a high probably that there is enough slope top and bottom on the saucer where the arrays are installed that the arrays are angled enough that they can hit anything in the area along the edge of the saucer that isn't actually blocked by the hull.

originally i had stated that in the show, they tended to come to a halt relative to other ships with that other ship either well above or well below the ship's position. when looking at the main phaser arrays, I think i would support that. it would greatly improve firing solutions form the main arrays, and likely unmask additional arrays.

as for the torpedoes having a firing arc, you misunderstand. of course they are guided weapons, but their highest performance firing solutions would be the ones that are along an expanding cone centered on the bore axis of the launcher(s).

off bore firing is going to be a firing solution that has the torpedo turning outside of the cone to attack targets well off bore from the axis of the torpedo tube. the farther outside of the cone, the more performance you are going to have to make up using the torpedoes own drives instead of the energy imparted by the launcher.

an example would be using torpedoes to attack a target in the ship's broadside. the torpedo ends up having to expend a massive amount of energy in order to turn and still have the sort of speed to make it effective.

st6 was is a case in point. that torp acted more like a prob then a torpedo. not particularly fast, but the bird of prey seemed to only be able to use torps under cloak. a truly on the ball crew might have tried an intercept on that torp. even a proximity hit would have had a good chance at taking down that torp.

You know...perception is an interesting thing. We were watching that torp come in from Chang's point of view. And we generally think he was sitting still. But if you look at the torp as taking the most direct course to its target, rather than just snaking along, then you would be given the impression that Chang's Bird of Prey was actually rocking side to side like Evasive Pattern Delta trying to shake the torpedo. With that in mind, turning around to shoot the torpedo would've just sped up the inevitable. It stands out, because at no point in the battle was that Bird shown to be sitting still.
    davideight wrote: »

even if you had three tom paris aboard a galaxy, it wouldnt be able to fly different than forward.

(though we have seen theg alaxy turning around extremely fast on her heels, but i think this was typicaly tng 1st season error ^^)

I wouldn't say that was an error at all. Impulse engines like warp drives have mass driver coils, that create a subspace field around the ship lightening it substantially. Though she's not exactly the kind of ship that relies on maneuverability, her size isn't that big an issue.

If you look at it from a gameplay issue, the Pilot spec would actually cover the Galaxy's largest physical weakness, her maneuverability.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    davideight wrote: »
    i donno what game you are playing ...

slot 2-3 torpedo tubes and use concentrate fire 3 increases ST-dps a lot.

command is basically support abilities that support your group with healing or dmg (st) making even low tac ships have good dmg.

thats what command is for: giving less tac heavy ships a procbased skill to have good dps.

im a fan of this skill. also supression barrage combined with faw and beta1/2 is a major boost for survival and dps for the group.

galaxy are seen as battle leading ships in ds9 so it actually 100% fits the role.

what doesnt fit is giving it a pilot seat ... pilot would have been good for the intrepid (see tom paris note in the announcment ...)
    and the defiant and maybe a future excelsior refit, heck even the sovereign

the galaxy and neghvar are basically the top 1 ships that should NOT HAVE PILOT skills EVER ... they were basically fighting standing still or flying forward in tng,ds9 and movies and the odyssey basically died because of trying sit out dmg of three attack ship ^^

so basically ...

galaxy and neghvar will going to have com command hybrid or ltcom command hybrid. maybe "mixed" with a lt tac/intel so you cant have tac and override systems same time.

a pilot seat is interesting but basically the galaxy is the one ship i would think very first of all not having it ... besides a borgcube maybe ... or the krenim timeship ^^

I agree with not giving the GCS and Negh Va access to pilot spec. Yeah we have seen the GCS turn fast (even past Season1) but you can archieve that by Evasive maneuvers anyway if you want to. So i don't think there's a need for giving her a Pilot seat.

But it shouldn't be fixed to command alone imo. You know there's a whole series where a Galaxy Class is on its own most of the time, without commanding other ships. ;)

Aside from other BOFF seats i'd give her both, a Lt:Science/Intel and a Lt:Engineering/Command (or vice versa) seat.

A tale of two Picards
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Honestly, if they were to do a T6 Galaxy, I would hope it would be a true command cruiser. Command boff (LT/ or an up and comming LCDR upgrade), the command abilities of the command battlecruisers but let it keep all four cruiser abilities.
  • Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Not sure if a t-6 galaxy would absolutely need a command hybrid seat, though could be useful like most of the other hybrid seats. To me the galaxy (non-X versions) was more of a command ship that had multi-functions availible. As such i think go the direction of the Dyson destroyers in that depending on what kind of configuration/role you need you can switch one of your lt or lower seats with your Ltc. seat. Than have some of the command inspiration power of the command ships, but have them give a bonus effect to the current crusier command aura that is active on the Galaxy.

THough i will say this i wish they would look at changing thier stance on not allowing the universal seats to use specilization abilities. TO me i can understand making it have a cap that you can only use up to Ltc. seat abilities of specalizations, as in that you can use all abilties up to one seat below that uni seats level. So a Uni Ltc seat could use up to Lt. seat abilties for the specializations (command, intell, pilot, and such). THis would still make the detacated spec ships the only ones that could use commander rank spec abilties, but also make it that spec abilties are more usable across the ships we have.
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    There's nothing in the Pilot BOff abilities nor the expanded Spec tree that screams to me 'doesn't fit Galaxy/Negh'Var at all', and a good chunk seem directly aimed at cruisers. If it was called something else I don't think people would be giving quite as much resistance to the Galaxy having this new BOff ability set. If you want Intel on the Galaxy, Pilot looks to have a decent alternative to Surgical Strikes with Reroute Reserves to Weapons, at least potentially.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    asuran14 wrote: »
    Not sure if a t-6 galaxy would absolutely need a command hybrid seat, though could be useful like most of the other hybrid seats. To me the galaxy (non-X versions) was more of a command ship that had multi-functions availible. As such i think go the direction of the Dyson destroyers in that depending on what kind of configuration/role you need you can switch one of your lt or lower seats with your Ltc. seat. Than have some of the command inspiration power of the command ships, but have them give a bonus effect to the current crusier command aura that is active on the Galaxy.

THough i will say this i wish they would look at changing thier stance on not allowing the universal seats to use specilization abilities. TO me i can understand making it have a cap that you can only use up to Ltc. seat abilities of specalizations, as in that you can use all abilties up to one seat below that uni seats level. So a Uni Ltc seat could use up to Lt. seat abilties for the specializations (command, intell, pilot, and such). THis would still make the detacated spec ships the only ones that could use commander rank spec abilties, but also make it that spec abilties are more usable across the ships we have.

I could see allowing up to LT Uni's to be totally flexible. LTCDR uni's should have an assigned special ability it can use. I feel that making all uni's for any specialty could take too much away from ships that are designated types for specialties. Just my $.02.
  • Options
    reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    crosses figners for com hybrid, either eng/com or eng/pil....

really, would be my most favorite outcome.
  • Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I could see allowing up to LT Uni's to be totally flexible. LTCDR uni's should have an assigned special ability it can use. I feel that making all uni's for any specialty could take too much away from ships that are designated types for specialties. Just my $.02.

I can respect that. Though having them so resticted to merely the ships that have hybrid seats makes them kinda pigeon-holed. In that if the intel/command/pilot abilities begin to be the best abilities out there, than any ship even with a high rank Uni seat is sub-par if it does not having a hybrid seat. Yet allowing uni seats to use up to even just Lt rank abilities from speciality careers would allow them to be atleast viable by having access to the speciality carear abilities. Though i think as said letting you slot speciality abilities up to one seat rank below the seat of the uni would be my favored choice.

The other thing would be that even if it were allowed only up to two ability ranks below the Uni seat would be fin, as it would still give you the flexibility of choosing your primary carear of your hybrid officer instead of how in the spec ships that it is a deticated seat pairing set like sci/intel, or eng/comm, tact/pilot. In this way you choose it instead like going a tact/comm or eng/intel and such. This way you give the non-deticated specc ships more versitility an choice, while giving the specc ships higher possible rank abilities to compensate for the lack of choice. I think the idea of keeping the hybrids tied to just the spec ships makes them less desiable as you would have to have a good ship you like with a hybrid seat that has a desired hyrbid piring (tact/pilot, sci/intel, eng/com) to make getting a hybrid officer more appealing(without making the abiliites of the spec carears overly op).
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    one of the MANY things cryptic needs to rethink is just how exclusive it has made these specialization powers. going to the trouble of unlocking them, when so few ships exist that can even use them, seems like a great way to prevent players from having any initiative to grind like they want us too. there should have been a LOT more ship re-releases by now, or actual tier 6 tokens if they had any sense. and these ships with just a LT specialization are a joke too, every single tier 6 ship should have a COM hybrid, or more.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    one of the MANY things cryptic needs to rethink is just how exclusive it has made these specialization powers. going to the trouble of unlocking them, when so few ships exist that can even use them, seems like a great way to prevent players from having any initiative to grind like they want us too. there should have been a LOT more ship re-releases by now, or actual tier 6 tokens if they had any sense. and these ships with just a LT specialization are a joke too, every single tier 6 ship should have a COM hybrid, or more.

I'd be in favour of completely universal lt. seats and a fixed ltc hybrid for non-specialist ships. The commander seat should, as it has always been, be reserved for the dedicated ships. But Cryptic fails miserably balancing their stuff - like the original three professions where only tac is *really* desireable ad everything else except one or two abilities is just "can made work" almost everyone would always use intel in those slots because of OSS (SS starts at LTC so it's unachievable for the most part).

I get why some ships are specialized intel or command ships and some just get a secondary specialization and I'm fine with that. It just has to make some sense. Se the Guardian - I am sure it got a intel seat because "intel" was just what they happened to make at that time and they wanted a T6 fed cruiser. Why the guardian would have anything associated with intel is beyond me, the largest ship that really had a reason to have a LTC intel in my opinion is the Nebula which was referenced to be able to utilize some sort of Schleichfahrt mechanic (no visible impulse trails - which Cryptic ignored). Then again, look at "intel" abilities - Override subsystem safeties, surgical strikes - why are those "intelligence" abilities? OSS is clearly engineering/ops and SS is tactical.

I wish they would go "wait wait wait, we somehow messed up. We revert specializations and make something that makes more sense" but well, everything that hits live servers is set in stone forever.
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options
    baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm still betting on the Galaxy having a Lt Tac/Command.

As it has been pointed out, the Intrepid has a Eng/Intel. Giving the Galaxy a Tac/Command would leave the Sci/Pilot for the T6 Defiant that we're going to inevitably get.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

As it has been pointed out, the Intrepid has a Eng/Intel. Giving the Galaxy a Tac/Command would leave the Sci/Pilot for the T6 Defiant that we're going to inevitably get.

This is also what I'm expecting. It wouldn't fit the Negh'Var though - I'm still curious how they play it out in the end, especially since the "worst case", the Pathfinder layout, isn't all that bad in my opinion. I like my Galaxy and I unburried my Negh'Var due to the new skin options and I have fun even in the non fleet, non Mirror version with the Galaxy layout, although the Mirror version is superior, which I also have. It's just a rather powerful combination being able to run EPW III and EPS III side-by-side :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options
    baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The could go completely off-rails with the BOff stations, like putting 2 LTC Tac/Intel/Command on there, (No, they won't) but I'm pretty sure the Negh'Var is going to get treated like the Galaxy, at least as far as BOff stations are concerned.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

They might be saving CMDR ranked hybrids for a T7 or higher when they may have a total of two CMDR slots.
  • Options
    spockout1spockout1 Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'd be in favour of completely universal lt. seats and a fixed ltc hybrid for non-specialist ships. The commander seat should, as it has always been, be reserved for the dedicated ships. But Cryptic fails miserably balancing their stuff - like the original three professions where only tac is *really* desireable ad everything else except one or two abilities is just "can made work" almost everyone would always use intel in those slots because of OSS (SS starts at LTC so it's unachievable for the most part).

What do you mean by non-specialist ships?
    "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true. Except for a T5 Connie. That would be f*%#ing awesome." - Mr. Spock
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    spockout1 wrote: »
    What do you mean by non-specialist ships?

Yeah, that's a little vague I realise :D

The way I see it we have "Specialist" ships - intel ships, command battlecruisers and finally pilot vessels. Those have a CMDR specialization hybrid. Then we have general purpose T6 ships that feature a hybrid low level seat, those are "non-specialist" ships. And then I see the possibility for "secondary specialization" ships like the samsar event ship featuring a LTC hybrid.
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options
    darlexadarlexa Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited March 2015

agreed.

personally, I think a universal seat should be universal, so the hybrid officers should be able to be slotted there. haven't been enamored with that new system much.

the best situation for the ships would be if they make the upgrade system work for ships as well. perhaps not fully but you could fully upgrade a ship to the next level. t5's could go fully 6. 4's to5 with perhaps t5u.

it would allow them to have a lot more ships in the higher levels without having to design and release new ones while still getting the income from people going through the upgrade process. I am realistic enough to know that's gonna be there no matter what, but currently, its stifling the ships and I don't care for the lack of variety at the highest levels since it seems the cost of developing a new ship means that we get no customization options any more.

the lower ships are a non issue for the most part, so getting to use them a bit longer before replacement isn't much of an issue. at the higher levels, being able to choose form a larger assortment of ships to taylor to your playing style, would alleviate a lot of complaints. you can then upgrade the ship that DOES have the boff layout you want.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

I get why some ships are specialized intel or command ships and some just get a secondary specialization and I'm fine with that. It just has to make some sense. Se the Guardian - I am sure it got a intel seat because "intel" was just what they happened to make at that time and they wanted a T6 fed cruiser. Why the guardian would have anything associated with intel is beyond me, the largest ship that really had a reason to have a LTC intel in my opinion is the Nebula which was referenced to be able to utilize some sort of Schleichfahrt mechanic (no visible impulse trails - which Cryptic ignored). Then again, look at "intel" abilities - Override subsystem safeties, surgical strikes - why are those "intelligence" abilities? OSS is clearly engineering/ops and SS is tactical.

I wish they would go "wait wait wait, we somehow messed up. We revert specializations and make something that makes more sense" but well, everything that hits live servers is set in stone forever.

This is along the lines of what I am thinking too.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

unless its the Prometheus. could go either way really, except that the defiant is far more of a canon vessel than the Prometheus. that ship was been far more famous n this game than it ever was in the show.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    They might be saving CMDR ranked hybrids for a T7 or higher when they may have a total of two CMDR slots.

I think if they go that far, you might get capt ranks available for your boffs and just continue the current skew.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Yeah, that's a little vague I realise :D

The way I see it we have "Specialist" ships - intel ships, command battlecruisers and finally pilot vessels. Those have a CMDR specialization hybrid. Then we have general purpose T6 ships that feature a hybrid low level seat, those are "non-specialist" ships. And then I see the possibility for "secondary specialization" ships like the samsar event ship featuring a LTC hybrid.

that would be a good slot for a ship like the galaxy to fill. a powerful non specialized ship. strong enough to go toe to toe with the others, but loses out when the specializations come into play. good player though could compensate with the areas that the ship is also good at that the specialized ship is lessened in.

that's really all I want my galaxy x to be, a good strong ship that I can play the game with. I have purple swarmers slotted, so I can go toe to toe with most anything the game hands me, so I would be happy to keep going with it.

its the breen t6 carrier with purple swarmers that makes me wonder how far you could go.

perhaps t6 gal x could get 2 hangers? it would be one of if not the only true carrier with 8 weapon slots. coupled wit separation, it would be right up there with the other high end ships. canon wise, the galaxy has a massive hanger in the saucer. the galx seems to have a different hanger in the star drive too. could also allow people to become healers for their team without losing a hanger full of fighters.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I think if they go that far, you might get capt ranks available for your boffs and just continue the current skew.

I still think we would see two CMDR slots before we would see a CPT slot.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

probably true, or they will imply add another slot instead of raising some of them higher.
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    probably true, or they will imply add another slot instead of raising some of them higher.

Or they will add more Ensign and Lt. Hybrid seats before resorting to Lt.Cmdr. Hybrid seats, then resort to releasing a new Specialization, so that they can recycle existing seat loadouts.

Before going straight to 2 or more Cmdr anything.

A Cpt seat will probably remove all ability to use their Boff abilities; and instead allow them to command a reserve ship as a support NPC ally ship under the player's command. Hangar Pet commands will replace their Boff Abilities when set as Captain, though docking will be replaced with hold position. On the bright side, they will have full access to Boffs and their abilities set for that ship, and could use them at will (though probably not controllable; unless players would mind the loss of immersion).
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Or they will add more Ensign and Lt. Hybrid seats before resorting to Lt.Cmdr. Hybrid seats, then resort to releasing a new Specialization, so that they can recycle existing seat loadouts.

Before going straight to 2 or more Cmdr anything.

A Cpt seat will probably remove all ability to use their Boff abilities; and instead allow them to command a reserve ship as a support NPC ally ship under the player's command. Hangar Pet commands will replace their Boff Abilities when set as Captain, though docking will be replaced with hold position. On the bright side, they will have full access to Boffs and their abilities set for that ship, and could use them at will (though probably not controllable; unless players would mind the loss of immersion).

Just to make sure, you did notice how I was speaking to T7 and beyond?

Also, I dont forsee the players ability to command a floatilla being tied to his/her/it ship, that would be a character abilitu.