test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Geko post about the game, his feelings, and the current situation

Comments

• leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    vestereng wrote: »
    Yes I do think those people will be upset.

And I also think they will be upset when they steal away the reputation passives part II, this time the spec points, worth 1200 patrol missions, because of power creep, which according to gecko never existed.

Well, I can see them getting nerfed, maybe. But the creep can be adjusted for because you can only have one primary and two secondary specializations active and 4 starship traits active.

At this point, the surest way to combat creep is just to buff enemies.
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Well, I can see them getting nerfed, maybe. But the creep can be adjusted for because you can only have one primary and two secondary specializations active and 4 starship traits active.

At this point, the surest way to combat creep is just to buff enemies.

When you say, buff. Do you mean, bump NPC's up another few million hitpoints? That is what STO's team thinks of when you mention buff and all that does is make the game even more boring. I'd like a challenge! I don't just want to set my ship on autofire and come back in 5 minutes.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Your example of Hyperbole fails. "Truth isn't *nice;* it just is," is a fact. "Nice" is a WAY (method) of stating something.
    Nice use of logical fallacies.... You said "cold dose of reality".... but the only reality was your opinion. Thus yes, it WAS hyperbole.

Anyways... There have been a lot of posts on the forums about ideas that did eventually get implemented. One of my personal faves was the old discussions about DOFF races. A LOT of those suggestions eventually got implemented. Not ALL, but many. Such as the age old complaint about how Hortas were nothing but combat pets... well with the addition of the fleet mine holding we got them as doffs. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    When you say, buff. Do you mean, bump NPC's up another few million hitpoints? That is what STO's team thinks of when you mention buff and all that does is make the game even more boring. I'd like a challenge! I don't just want to set my ship on autofire and come back in 5 minutes.

That is what I mean. Players deal too much damage? Add more sponge. I expect that's how power creep will be addressed primarily since everything else is relatively reined in.

Maybe a cap on buffs/debuffs to bring outliers into fold, player and NPC.
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Zanshi its not really the issue you where trying to convey but the subtle use of the wording that was the issue. Although many of us agree with the core of what you said, saying it in that forum is nothing more then a vent. No conversation is going to come off a nasty twitter post, even if by forum standards its mild. If you where really looking for a reply on twitter I would think you would have to be a lot less passive aggressive in your wording. We get away with that here on the forums... of course I don't think any of us are really expecting for him to answer us here.

In context of the real world outside our little forum. The wording of the first sentence was very passive aggressive. The second a challenge that involves an accusation, emphasized with some classic internet all caps. He would be unwise to try and have a conversation with you by responding. You have made it clear in that tweet a fight is more likely what you where looking for.

As others have pointed out... your like the kid that just ran up and rang the old mans door bell. Yes yes yes we all saw you do it. Good job have a cookie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    What did I say earlier (many pages ago) about sniping at each other?

If you answered, "BG will close the thread", you are absolutely correct. 100 points.

I think we've reached the point at which this thread has run its' course and is mainly encouraging people to vent about Geko or argue with each other.

[Pulsewave Forum Phaser Mk XIX [+Mod X2][-Flames][-Rant]].

"ZAP!"

For future reference please remember that it helps a great deal when posts which violate the PWE Community Rules and Policies are not responded to and are reported via submitting a Forums and Website Ticket (click here).

If you think any of your posts within a thread have violated the PWE Community Rules and Policies, please edit your posts before a moderator takes action.

If you feel you need to get in touch with the Community Manager to discuss the actions taken by any Community Moderator, you can do so by submitting a Forums and Website ticket (click here).

Live Long and Prosper,
    Bluegeek
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
This discussion has been closed.