• Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Enough with the enough threads !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,413 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Personally I'd be inclined to remove or severely limit signatures completely. Let's be honest, there's really no downside to it.

1. Pictures and links are unnecessary to express one's opinion yet eat bandwidth
    2. Without pictures/links the forum you be a lot less cluttered
    3. Disable signatures for new accounts and let them only be used once someone reaches 3-5k posts. Not counting spammy posts in sections like ten Forward

So disable/limit the signatures and spare the few braincells from those who didn't already disable signatures.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Taco made it clear that they are hurtful and accomplishes nothing, nor do they represent my opinion.

That's quite an ego you have there, LOL, thinking our signatures should reflect your opinion. How's about my signature represents *my* opinion, and yours represents that of you?! Seems an equitable arrangement to me.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Taco made it clear that they are hurtful and accomplishes nothing, nor do they represent my opinion.

1st of all... Eff your opinion. :D

If a little stupid sig is hurting them, too bad. I'm hurt too. I was investing money and time into this game. Now it's going to #$%@ and no one gives a darn. Nahh man. The sigs should hurt the hell out of them. STO use to be my favorite game. Seems like no one cares anymore.

I'm not going to cave in like that seaofsorrows person. I don't care who gets mad. I didn't play this game for 1000+ hours just to see it go into oblivion. This is Star Trek. This game deserves so much better. When devs don't even play the game, how can they ever get an understanding of the game?

Simple things like that is why I have zero faith in them. Sadly I think EA can do a better job with STO. I HATE Electronic Arts, but I've seen proof of them playing/testing their own games. EA fixes bugs, not let them pile up for 4 years. At least EA makes sure a feature works before releasing it. This is coming from a 'horrible' company who killed Command & Conquer. :(

STO's Devs can go into hiding, never post here, whatever. The problems are not going away. Pretending everything is okay won't work. Don't expect us to act like everything is okay. Make sure you look at my sig now. ;)
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Oh dear.

1) Taco needs to grow up then, criticism comes with the job.
    2) These sigs aren't aimed at him personally, they are aimed at the expansion.
    3) If he is really that offended, then don't visit the forum. Or just see the latest 'Taco is our fav dev' thread, they crop up far more often.
    4) I'm not here to represent OP or anyone else's opinion but my own.
    5) It's just a joke, and frankly I only got involved because at the time it was the only light-hearted thread going in this miserable place.

In summary, the sig stays.
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I think that is my point....your signature isn't a personal attack?

A personal attack on who? Name the person.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited January 2015

I don't have time to make a new one or even change this one. I need to keep grinding for skill points. :cool:
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yeah its probably time to stop complaining and vote with your feet...
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I'd love to stop and chat but I'm trying to get 22 Specialization Points in the Intelligence Specialization so I can train my Intel/Sci Bridge Officer in Surgical Strikes 3.

The signature stays. If anyone is offended by it I do believe you can find Kleenex tissues in many stores wherever you are on the planet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ah, there's nothing like a mature, civilized, coherent discussion
    yes I only have 15 posts, that's because I've been playing Champions for 3 1/2 years(also I use another account for this game)
    when I'm looking for amusement, I read all the complaints here, about ALL the updates you get and Champions wished it was getting.

amazing what a difference 5 months makes. CO had it's 5th anniversary September 2014. we got 4 new daily missions which we can grind for costume pieces.
    let's see what STO gets in February.
    oh wow, the Devs didn't do exactly what you wanted. That's not their job, it's to do what their managers tell them they want.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    you can not win a one man war against the community unless you're garak :cool:
  • Options
    eltatuseltatus Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    My signature stays, and if some one has an issue with it, he can call my lawyer: http://www.bettercallsaul.com/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    There are far more important issues we need to deal with.

Only yesterday I was reading a post on here about the serious threat we all face from the Bajorans.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    js26568 wrote: »
    Only yesterday I was reading a post on here about the serious threat we all face from the Bajorans.

They're flying around the quadrant stealing everybody's upholstery for clothing...
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    erm woat?!... don't care for tacos answer, as it only refers on half of the story. may he should consider that there's something he misses. it's not my job to tell him or u what he missed. check the forums-history of the last 3 years on this and we're down ;)...

don't got a prob with single devs (xcept lazy seeming cm's... oh sry, pr-m's lol!), but indeed i do have problem with the leaderships decisions and progression-policy. and even more with a tons of broken promises and short-sighted design...

but hey, that's just me lol :rolleyes:
  • Options
    horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    There are some really cool sigs out there; I like the ones that showcase other player's captains and their ships. They reflect creativity and interest in this imaginary universe of ours. It could be argued the same applies to the other variety of sigs as well. It can't be debated that the former are positive and haven't been contrived for the purposes of being provocative and inflammatory.

I don't think any sigs presently violate the terms of service so it isn't appropriate to force their removal. If people want to be taken seriously, have a genuine interest in the state of the game and want to be counted they might consider presenting them self with a veneer of civility. Think of it as self-vetting. Once someone has gotten over their obsessive and negative behavior they may be able to demonstrate that there is something worth reading in their posts.

As it stands the negative sigs are, "Don't Bother Reading" flags.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Sorry Taco, but bear in mind that there are no complaints about your work, its more a protest at the current state of the game where I, and likely others (possibly), are beginning to feel less like players and more like data arrays with wallets

Of course, if needed, you could take the sigs in a non ironic, literal sense in which case everything is perfect as Delta rising is the best expansion and players love it
  • Options
    dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    js26568 wrote: »
    A personal attack on who? Name the person.

Argala! Argala has feelings too....
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Outside of the bug report forums I have never seen this process take place:

Person writes a post about an issue.
    Developer sees this post.
    Developer replies "I am looking into this issue" or similar
    Developer looks into the issue, confirms what the original poster said and then replies again "I have confirmed that this is a problem, I will look into it"
    Problem gets resolved.

People can talk all day long about the approach we use when we talk to the devs but the truth is you can be as nice as you like and your problem won't get any actual attention. The development team are working on a schedule, according to them, that is planned up to 12 months in advance. They won't take time away from that to resolve issues unless it's some sort of dilithium based oversight that needs correcting.

Look how long it took for the loadout issue to be addressed - and some people are still having issues with it.

If you genuinely think a player's signature has stopped a member of Cryptic's staff from doing their job then I think you're projecting your own over-sensitive nature onto them. I've reported bugs in the bug report section while I had this signature and nobody there said "I'm not looking at that bug report, your signature offends me"

Get real folks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i never saw the point in even trying, it was obviously meant to be a joke and a sarcastic one at that. im sure the community team wont pull another "claim" about something being a players favorite choice.. you know people who fail to learn from history are repeated to doom themselves, again. cryptic should of known, again. they already got hammered for it twice before and if it happens a forth time... they have so far gotten lucky the community is still around in the way it is. who knows what will happen if they fail to learn from the 3rd attempt.

im gonna stop short of doom mongering, i know those are not allowed anymore. but they should of known better, and if they didnt want their feeling hurt by this, next time perhaps they should learn not to push on something that wont fly.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Je suis Taco
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I consider this marketing speak jibba-jabba hurtful that constantly assures us that our complaints are null and void and everything is the bestest it has been ever.

The signatures are an ironic, maybe even a bit sarcastic protest and they appeal to the devs and responsibles to conduct a reality check or two. Nobody here wants to be hostile on a personal level or insult anyone, but we'd like honest, open communication. Years ago this was the case, now we don't get anything but carefully crafted marketing speak. This is also "hurtful". Where do you think do these sigs come from? It's a form of feedback, because simply posting your opinion in a thread about a certain topic is disregarded as "incoherent rambling".

It's not an expression of hate or trying to hurt anyone. If that would be the case I and many others simply wouldn't waste our times here. It's a statement, an opinion, a protest of some sort because we used to like this game and would love to see it and the community relations improve.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,413 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    His sig reminds me of how many people on the forum behave like Major Frank Burns.

Who would fill the role of hot lips? Or was that hot hips..
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Posted by js26568
    Look how long it took for the loadout issue to be addressed - and some people are still having issues with it.

Less than twelve months.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    edalgo wrote: »
    So after everything that has happened in France this past week you want to infringe of freedom of speech???????

Careful man ... , next thing you know Taco or Mirrorterran are on your doorstep with AK-47's and making demands about your sig's or your Kosher offerings .

... /holds up a pencil for those who still didn't get the message ...
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This thread seems to be a misrepresentation of Taco's own stance.

Taco suggested that if people want to "protest" with signatures, that the meme don't help because they've been taken by the dev team as blanket insults. The "best expansion ever" meme has been taken as an insult and caused some devs to tune out.

Taco suggested that if people want to do a sig protest, they highlight specific issues rather than a general stab at quality.

And the OP of this thread seems to take Taco's stance and pervert it to use as a bludgeon against any form of negativity.

Obviously, I'm sure the devs would be happy if everyone was just HAPPY with things. But we don't need a false binary between everyone unhappy shutting up and lobbing insults at devs.

The productive thing is likely to focus on what PART or PARTS of DR or other recent approaches you dislike rather than dumping on the whole efforts of the team. That doesn't mean shutting up, though. It actually means trying to be more on message.
This discussion has been closed.