test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Enough with the signatures.

mirrorterranmirrorterran Member Posts: 423 Arc User
Taco made it clear that they are hurtful and accomplishes nothing, nor do they represent my opinion.
Post edited by mirrorterran on

Comments

• virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I don't think my signature reflects your opinion either...which it shouldn't, since it's my opinion.
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I am working on a new one. But it was mostly a good laugh. Not ment to hurt, but to laugh. And that is how I viewed that thread.

However, telling people to kill their signature? You have more luck being able to repulsor a Borg cube than convincing players to switch their signature because you want so.
  • hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Last I checked, you're not a moderator, nor has anyone specifically claimed to represent your opinion.
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Taco made it clear that they are hurtful and accomplishes nothing, nor do they represent my opinion.

The signature...... *drum roll*... stays!!!

Seriously, why the hell do you care? If you see a signature that says "Mirrorterran loves to grind" then you have a reason to whine. Until then, go back to playing the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    my sig is staying. k. thanks. bai
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    What is wrong with my sig and how is it hurting people?

It reminds me of the untimely demise of CoH...and...how if not for that, I'd be there instead of here. It's a cruel signature! :)
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Forgot to add:
    Heres a Tissue for your Issue.
  • hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    What is wrong with my sig and how is it hurting people?

Not sure about yours, but mine is clearly trying to phaser lance and torpedo anyone unfortunate enough to look directly at it.
  • comdrivercomdriver Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    nor do they represent my opinion.
    so you don't think DR is BEST expansion ever?
  • mirrorterranmirrorterran Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    js26568 wrote: »
    The signature...... *drum roll*... stays!!!

Seriously, why the hell do you care? If you see a signature that says "Mirrorterran loves to grind" then you have a reason to whine. Until then, go back to playing the game.

You all know what I'm talking about....don't play stupid. However in your case it may not be playing.
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Cryptic/PWE is spending more time bolting in microtransactions to the game then fixing actual game content it seems. Honestly the new BOFF system is a nice shiny example of this with the training manual crafting system and it's associated dilithium costs.

Also Cryptic/PWE has done something I don't remember any other MMO company has done. They released a new teir incomplete. Science captains on the Federation/Romulan, KDF/Romulan, and pure KDF have no T6 science ships to chose from while the Federation faction got nearly half a dozen T6 science ships.

People are not happy with how the Cryptic/PWE staff are handling things. If they were, those sigs wouldn't be there since it seems they feel nobody is listening and they not only have what I listed to deal with and look forward to but other bugs they've run in to as well that seem to have been around forever for them. (Ex: Invisible borg torpedos? I still see people complain of those.)

That may not be your opinion what those sigs say, but it is their opinion and while they can post in these forums they'll express it till they're addressed, shut out of the forums, or the game folds.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited January 2015

I agree with you.

I removed mine, it's beating a dead horse and now makes us look petty.

Mistakes were made, but people just can't let it go. It's just particularly hilarious when someone with one of those sig banners complains that the Devs don't post on the forum. I can't say I blame them, some people here are determined to do nothing but keep hostility levels as high as possible.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • nesomumi2nesomumi2 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited January 2015

well it should be hurtful, that is the point. and if they don't represent your opinion, well now, don't have them.
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You all know what I'm talking about....don't play stupid. However in your case it may not be playing.

Oh dear... personal attacks are a sign that you're not able to get your point across politely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • solemkofsolemkof Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    How dare other people have different opinions :mad:

;)
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    solemkof wrote: »

;)

Your sig reminds me of how much I miss watching *M*A*S*H*.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • comdrivercomdriver Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    solemkof wrote: »

;)

looks your sig fully represent my opinion
  • lored2deathlored2death Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2015

You know what's *really* hurtful?

Supporting a game for over 5 years and watching as it turns into more work than my job as a steelworker.
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited January 2015

It accomplished the first civil discussion between Dev(s) & the Forums in ~4months ... so I have to disagree with Taco, more than that, it obviously showed they had an bigger impact, than most would (like to) assume -> ("There is no such thing as bad publicity")
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • mirrorterranmirrorterran Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    js26568 wrote: »
    Oh dear... personal attacks are a sign that you're not able to get your point across politely.

I think that is my point....your signature isn't a personal attack?
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Sorry there but quiet frankly DR hurt as well.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • solemkofsolemkof Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Anyone can choose to browse the forum without sigs/avatars/images, it's in the forum's options: [link]
  • eltatuseltatus Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Humm.. what about no?

From one side we have taco, a good dev and also seems to be a good guy that wants to comunicate.

From the other side, yesterday we have a thread about steam numbers and when a dev (pweadamanteus) post the thread is closed by a mod with out a chance from us to replay..

So no.. the signature stays.. I am sorry for Taco, but the sig stays.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Well, I think the protest sigs are childish and silly, but it's a game forum full of such things. And I'm sorry they're upsetting to Tacofangs, who clearly likes interacting with players and whose work on the art team is one of the good parts of DR.

On the other hand, maybe their designer shouldn't say dumb things in interviews. And maybe they shouldn't make sweeping changes to the game that are harmful to its community.
This discussion has been closed.