Install Arc
Options

Priority One Episode 200 | A Pretty Good Show

123457»

Comments

• Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    As others have stated geko has ignored play complaints yet again and just held up the party line.

They was a comment about ec nerf that got me thinking you guys think players are complaining about a new one, and not the one earlyer this year.

I know that craptic probly tell you what you can ask them but its really starting to show that you guys are kissing butt to keep devs coming back.

Question.
    What's craptic going to do to get older players like me back in to this game I even stopped logging on to doff.
    I kept playing this game because it was not a grind fest like most other mmo but now its gone the opsit way.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    nicha0 wrote: »
    He is broadcasting to the clueless and hopes people will buy it.
    He may sound intelligent when talking about skill points, but like everything he talks about, he ignores the elephant in the room. Lets not talk about how people have to grind on absolutely no content to finish a story episode chain for hours upon hours, lets pretend it doesn't exist at all, and that way the clueless won't think about it. DR launched with 1/3rd the content it needed for a cap increase.
    He isn't pretending that you don't need to "grind" skill points to get access to DR.
    What he said was there would be enough content to go from Level 1 to 60 in the game. Old players that have already done everything don't benefit from the "old" content, however.

And they wanted people to spend more time in the game for Delta Rising, that they couldn't have seen all the new content as fast as they used to. That is how it is "supposed to be". That is not ignoring the Elephant in the Room, it's saying "The Elephant in the room, we wanted it there, and it does exactly what we hoped it to do."

What the numbers say are just what number say. It tells you nothing about what is in the feelings of the players. People will hang on for a time, but push it too long and its not reversible.
    That is your claim. But is it true?

Adding BNPs to Defera destroys the entire idea of what BNPs were supposed to be.
    What was it supposed to be? Why is stuff that is "supposed to be" important now, but it's not important if you weren't "supposed" to level quickly for the new levels or to quickly earn specializations points?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    He isn't pretending that you don't need to "grind" skill points to get access to DR.
    What he said was there would be enough content to go from Level 1 to 60 in the game. Old players that have already done everything don't benefit from the "old" content, however.

And they wanted people to spend more time in the game for Delta Rising, that they couldn't have seen all the new content as fast as they used to. That is how it is "supposed to be". That is not ignoring the Elephant in the Room, it's saying "The Elephant in the room, we wanted it there, and it does exactly what we hoped it to do."

That is your claim. But is it true?

What was it supposed to be? Why is stuff that is "supposed to be" important now, but it's not important if you weren't "supposed" to level quickly for the new levels or to quickly earn specializations points?

Fact older players have sunk money in to this game and at the moment it seams we are been punished for already having done the older content.

With the past seasons and with LoR people that stopped playing came back to play the new stuff and stayed for a month or 2 but this time they have not stayed. Going by friend list n the 3 fleets I'm in. More have stopped playing at a faster pace then before.
    This is what I'm seeing and by what others have posted its not just me.

I my self have stopped being 6 days a week 4-5 hours a day player to logging on for 5 mins then thinking "F" this TRIBBLE n logging off.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I look forward to your forthcoming episodes:

"Look how handsome Geko is"
    "The game is fine, it's all the players' fault"
    "Leveling is still too fast: Please slow it down"

They're going to supply us with funny quotes and memes for years to come.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    js26568 wrote: »

I agree. He is just going deny the fact the game is in the <redacted> hole. His sense of reality is so blurred it's not even funny anymore.

Seriously

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/11/30/captains-log-why-star-trek-online-is-kind-of-a-mess-right-now/
    http://imgur.com/Sf6yF2R
    http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/perfect-world-announces-third-quarter-2014-unaudited-financial-results-300001342.html

There is one more link.

The game is not in a good state.
  • Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    I agree. He is just going deny the fact the game is in the <redacted> hole. His sense of reality is so blurred it's not even funny anymore.

Seriously

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/11/30/captains-log-why-star-trek-online-is-kind-of-a-mess-right-now/
    http://imgur.com/Sf6yF2R
    http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/perfect-world-announces-third-quarter-2014-unaudited-financial-results-300001342.html

There is one more link.

The game is not in a good state.

It isn't in a healthy state for sure, I mean you really shouldn't be able to mess up something like Star Trek when it has a loyal fan base before you even make the game, yet that is exactly what they've managed to mess up and that takes a special kind of foolishness.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Had a good laugh...
    And all of them are just:awesome!
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    I feel cheated in ways money cannot compensate ... , not to mention that I do not live in the States , thus a legal battle would be ... complicated and quite possibly unprofitable .

Totally agree, I have no issue with spending money on a game I love, I do however resent the feeling of being cheated, mislead and called an exploiter. Im the same, I don't come from the USA, so legal action isnt something that automatically jumps to my mind, nor would i see the benefit of it.. even the suggestion of that is a little bit over the top in my opinion.
    My current sig has been mistook as to be actually about Angry Birds , and not a metaphor about STO and F2P games in general. I did not change the sig just to twist the words of one of the biggest spies on earth because some ppl can't get past a metaphor .

Great signature, nuff said!
    There are SOOO MANY "Best Expansion Ever" sigs right now that I'm considering collecting them just because of the amusing variety on the theme .
    We can't occupy Cryptic Street , so we might as well piket it.. virtually!
    And the way it's spreading has a kind of charm to it, so I don't see the message getting lost .
    Quite the opposite.

Yeah this is the forums 'home grown' current mini game, its lots of fun, and some really good sigs popping up.. as its giving the community so much fun, its only a matter of time before they nerf it!
    Since there are several theories to that , from the lack of XP to the HP issue to the nerfed awards to the no-longer-optional optionals to ppl leveling in the Delta Quadrant, which one of these explanations do you subscribe to? Or perhaps you have an alternative theory? Because Geko sure offered one ... .

Indeed, while there is a value to metrics, they are cold hard numbers, easy to manipulate and translate so you see what you want to see, they dont represent any kind understanding or measure of the player base as a large organinc machine with emotions.
    For over 2 months all of STO was green. Everywhere you looked you saw a hulking Romulan ship -- which turned into s sea of gray-green once the Scimitar was released. That is simply not the case with the Intel ships. Yes , they are out there , yes ppl fly them , but quantity wise... not even close! It does not help their case that some folks are only flying them to get the "mastery trait" that they want off the ship to use on their T5-U ship.

Im 1 of those that levelled my intel ships for the traits then got straight back into my T5U JHDread, it was the only thing that made levelling through the patrols missions in DQ bearable, otherwise that toon would still be sub 60.
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • Options
    bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It is very sad, that those people from Priority One want to represent us, only saying yes it is awesome is not the way to go.
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    bridgern wrote: »
    It is very sad, that those people from Priority One want to represent us, only saying yes it is awesome is not the way to go.

There was so much "ZOMG! You guys are awesome!" stuff going on this time, that I kept thinking of that LEGO movie. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    It isn't in a healthy state for sure, I mean you really shouldn't be able to mess up something like Star Trek when it has a loyal fan base before you even make the game, yet that is exactly what they've managed to mess up and that takes a special kind of foolishness.

I agree. How can someone mess up allowing a player to be in a ship fly the ship around and go to planets. In a dynamic universe. Then throw in the muiltiple races, factions, and ships of Star Trek.

I swear other games are doing a better job of doing Star Trek and they aren't even Star Trek games.

It likes Geko means the experience is to do a special event grind!!!! Really Geko!

Did you get this console yet? http://www.holo-federation.com/downloads/sigs/Delta%20Rising%20Epic.png
  • Options
    venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    bridgern wrote: »
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    There was so much "ZOMG! You guys are awesome!" stuff going on this time, that I kept thinking of that LEGO movie. :P
    PriorityOne represents their own interests.

If you listen to the podcast carefully, PriorityOne and Cryptic revealed something about their relationship. In order to maintain control over the interview, Geko promised to give PriorityOne access to another Cryptic employee. ...and, that is the perk. Unless PriorityOne kissed Cryptic's but, they would not gain access to inside information, developers, designers, etc...

Many game magazines, online and offline, get perks from game developers and publishers. While publishing companies may not get 'paid' money, the positive reviews they give gets them access to: (1) beta versions, (2) free games, (3) t-shirts, (4) interview time with developers, etc...

While working in the magazine industry, I use to get free: movie tickets, 'Disney on Ice' tickets, t-shirts, backstage passes, music, etc... Even though I worked in the design department, I was able to see how certain companies maintain public relationships.

Cryptic, BioWare, Obsidian Entertainment, and many other companies in-directly buy their positive reviews.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    venkou wrote: »

Many game magazines, online and offline, get perks from game developers and publishers. While publishing companies may not get 'paid' money, the positive reviews they give gets them access to: (1) beta versions, (2) free games, (3) t-shirts, (4) interview time with developers, etc...

And STO had at least 2 Press "Giveaways" in the past that leaked into public:
    - The "Press"-Khan Uniform
    - Free Bug Ships
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If Priority One want to keep people listening, they really need to step up their game.

I mean... you might as well train a parrot to say "Oh wow", "That's great" and "Mmm-hmmm"

Or they could just get a text-to-speech software program to read out Cryptic's prepared statement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Don't give them ideas.
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    If Priority One want to keep people listening, they really need to step up their game.

I mean... you might as well train a parrot to say "Oh wow", "That's great" and "Mmm-hmmm"

Or they could just get a text-to-speech software program to read out Cryptic's prepared statement.

And the Parrot as a more ... abstract entity would geht a higher level of acceptance, the current crew does seem to have problems with a "Uncanny Valley"-like effekt.
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2014

You forgot.

"I'm confused."

"What?"

"I see."