What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Skill Point Update

Comments

• Options
    vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I did level 1 character in japori on night one but honestly I stopped doing it, before their nerf, because it was pointless.

Level whatever I still have no reason to play. Queues are nerfed, empty and have forced failures ruining it royally.

They could hand out free t5u and upgraded weapons it would make zero difference - those are all empty stats simply copy-pasted into the emperor's new clothes and changes nothing.

There is still nothing there, there is no new content, there is nothing to do

Owing them 4 million dil, to make your weapons DR approved by state officials, doesn't change the fact there is nothing to do.

I will admit having to grind millions and millions and MILLIONS of dil... PER character might make it appear you have something to work on for the next 15 years but there isn't any actual CONTENT there
  • Options
    ivannanukeivannanuke Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    vestereng wrote: »
    I did level 1 character in japori on night one but honestly I stopped doing it, before their nerf, because it was pointless.

Level whatever I still have no reason to play. Queues are nerfed, empty and have forced failures ruining it royally.

They could hand out free t5u and upgraded weapons it would make zero difference - those are all empty stats simply copy-pasted into the emperor's new clothes and changes nothing.

There is still nothing there, there is no new content, there is nothing to do

Owing them 4 million dil, to make your weapons DR approved by state officials, doesn't change the fact there is nothing to do.

I will admit having to grind millions and millions and MILLIONS of dil... PER character might make it appear you have something to work on for the next 15 years but there isn't any actual CONTENT there

Well said, making it take months to obtain anything

IS NOT ****ING CONTENT CRYPTIC
    PROUD TO PLAY THIS GAME MINUS TO GIVING ANY INCOME TO CRYPTIC
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    why are these ***^%*(ing servers still up?
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    fuglassfuglass Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    REDACTED

[This post would have been removed anyway]
  • Options
    dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Also keep in mind only the xp on mobs above 50 got bumped up (slightly). If you happen to play some content where you get scaled down to 50 or below it's the same as before the patch. Like normal queues, defera, dyson sphere content etc etc.

Also: Called it!
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Do they even read this? who wants to bet they're hard at work with some other new shiny thing for the c-store.
  • Options
    mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    While developing the Delta Rising expansion for Star Trek Online, there was a lot of work that went into creating the reward schema for skill points and the requirements of skill points needed to advance up through level 60. Throughout the creation and testing of these additional levels, much of the team’s attention was focused on whether or not the rewards and the progression felt correct. Unfortunately, since the release of Delta Rising, we have discovered some issues with our initial math that have caused some anomalous player facing numbers that we are now addressing in our upcoming update.

The major issue we discovered is that we built our rewards off of how much of a level we wanted a player to earn by completing a given piece of content, but did not take into account what the actual number that showed up in the rewards would be. The end result is that if you completed a mission or duty officer assignment at level 49 and then completed the same mission or duty officer assignment at level 51, you would see a smaller reward of skill points for the mission completed at a higher level. While this may sound like players were getting fewer rewards than they should, that has not been the case as the required amount of skill points needed to achieve each level was set with these values in mind.

The fix for this is that we will be updating the skill point rewards throughout the game so that they will at least maintain the values seen at earlier levels, or in the case of critter kills increase in skill point rewards as you increase in player level. In order to maintain the desired rate of progression we spent a lot of time fine tuning while developing Delta Rising the required amount of skill points for each player level will also go up.

While there are a lot of numbers changing, we have taken extra care to make sure that the speed at which players level up will remain the same as it is now. This means that if a player chooses to level up from level 51 to 52 using exclusively missions and it currently requires that they play 3 missions to do so, then after the update it will still take 3 missions to level up from 51 to 52 if you use them as your sole source of skill points. This is true for whatever method a player might choose for leveling up – whether it is missions, duty officer assignments or critter kills.

We will furthermore ensure that every player’s current progression is maintained while these numbers are updated. If you are halfway between levels 52 and 53 now, you will remain halfway between levels 52 and 53 after the update even though the total amount of skill points to achieve level 52 has gone up and the required skill points you’ll need to earn in order to become level 53 has also gone up.

We are sorry to be making such drastic changes so far after launch. Unlike the other changes we are making to tune balance, this should be a one-time change.

Charles Gray
    Lead Content Designer
    Star Trek Online

Bolded sentence - Who told you that?:confused: Sry but its a lie, leveling speed is not the same. It takes twice the time to level now via patrols, on top of nerfing to the ground the leveling via doffing :(.
    How you expect players to not quit after you kick them with nerfs after nerfs:confused:
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    :cool:
    mosul33 wrote: »
    Bolded sentence - Who told you that?:confused: Sry but its a lie, leveling speed is not the same. It takes twice the time to level now via patrols, on top of nerfing to the ground the leveling via doffing :(.
    How you expect players to not quit after you kick them with nerfs after nerfs:confused:

They're only interested in the statistics of their bloody c-store.
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ivannanuke wrote: »
    Do they even read this? who wants to bet they're hard at work with some other new shiny thing for the c-store.

More or less, they have a sample letter, standard for such cases, beginning with:
    "Dear players *yada yada* ... appreciate the feedback ... *yada yada* .. will be forwarded to our top men!"

These Top Men:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdjf4lMmiiI
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I decided to just put down time to make a freeware Intrepid "type looking" ship. let the real ones burn.
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    valenn1 wrote: »
    More or less, they have a sample letter, standard for such cases, beginning with:
    "Dear players *yada yada* ... appreciate the feedback ... *yada yada* .. will be forwarded to our top men!"

These Top Men:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdjf4lMmiiI

I prefer this for a Cryptic top level meeting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQB4nAjZIdE
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    ivannanuke wrote: »
    I prefer this for a Cryptic top level meeting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQB4nAjZIdE

^^ this is about it right NOW, you Ivan, are a hero lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    wen1503wen1503 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    While I don't like the new exp reqirement and tempers are flairing, at least complain with accurate facts....

DR approved by state officials....your saying 4 million dil per character!?

Using the Superior experimental upgrades I spent roughly 800K dil to mark XIV everything I wanted...repeat wanted. Didn't need anything to complete the DR content. Only 2 of it made gold.

I didn't buy the dil - it was ore that I hadn't used and converted - in preparation for this.

If your spending 4 million dil...your using the lower tier stuff - hitting complete now - and upgrading using complete now.

Anyone who used nothing but the 20 hour research projects will be at 15 or better in at least 4 catagories...meaning superior experimental.

Purple materials are hard to come by - pug any que is a gamble. But no one fails Crystal these days...and they just nerfed it again. Most of the Elite ground can be completed with mkXII gear - except the broken ones...

Anyone with a brain - after all the rep changes would have realized that - completing the rep would take 40 days using the 20 hour task.

I planned my R&D to hit 15, lvl progression and rep to all end about the same time. I was mistaken....I hit lvl 60 with all specs a few days ago. Even with the nerf to exp.

Day one of DR I made a level just completing the Doff missions I had started before the patch.

Not an apologist...Bugs were caught on Tribble - and still they pressed on....

Be accurate in your complaints - or no one will listen.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    wen1503 wrote: »
    While I don't like the new exp reqirement and tempers are flairing, at least complain with accurate facts....

DR approved by state officials....your saying 4 million dil per character!?

Using the Superior experimental upgrades I spent roughly 800K dil to mark XIV everything I wanted...repeat wanted. Didn't need anything to complete the DR content. Only 2 of it made gold.

I didn't buy the dil - it was ore that I hadn't used and converted - in preparation for this.

If your spending 4 million dil...your using the lower tier stuff - hitting complete now - and upgrading using complete now.

Anyone who used nothing but the 20 hour research projects will be at 15 or better in at least 4 catagories...meaning superior experimental.

Purple materials are hard to come by - pug any que is a gamble. But no one fails Crystal these days...and they just nerfed it again. Most of the Elite ground can be completed with mkXII gear - except the broken ones...

Anyone with a brain - after all the rep changes would have realized that - completing the rep would take 40 days using the 20 hour task.

I planned my R&D to hit 15, lvl progression and rep to all end about the same time. I was mistaken....I hit lvl 60 with all specs a few days ago. Even with the nerf to exp.

Day one of DR I made a level just completing the Doff missions I had started before the patch.

Not an apologist...Bugs were caught on Tribble - and still they pressed on....

Be accurate in your complaints - or no one will listen.

Not everyone has the time to login and grind up that amount of DIL, some of us play for a few hours after work, and are faced with a mountain of work to do, and Cryptic who only give a damn about their C-store, and believe content is just increase HP, add timers to everything, make everything upgrade grind, shove boosts on c-store, go pub.
  • Options
    jstewart55jstewart55 Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sticking exclusively with the Argala example. Before the patch, it would've taken me thirteen to get from 59 to 60. Now it's gonna take seventeen. Maybe not a huge difference, but since you said there wouldn't be ANY difference, I figure it was worth pointing out.

Signed,
    The Person Who Hasn't Complained About STO Before. :D
  • Options
    wen1503wen1503 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I didn't grind hours to prepare for DR. The stockpiled ore I had came from a time i did play a lot. When DR was announced I logged in long enough to Doff for mats ans convert dill.

I then went over to tribble and tried to help.

I new DR was in trouble when they pushed the upgrade to mk XIII live before even getting out most of the bugs.

Just as I guessed that since this didn't go to Tribble....first to test - which is what Tribble is for..........hint hint hint.

That there would be issues considering how vague the post was about specifics.

They warned us - they are trying to comunicate. We'll see how it all ends...later rather than sooner I hope
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    jstewart55 wrote: »
    Sticking exclusively with the Argala example. Before the patch, it would've taken me thirteen to get from 59 to 60. Now it's gonna take seventeen. Maybe not a huge difference, but since you said there wouldn't be ANY difference, I figure it was worth pointing out.

Signed,

now imagine what this will be over let's say like, 20 bars.
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    They are doing an absolutely incredible job of driving players away with these relentless nerfs and bad decisions. Honestly, once or twice then okay, but this many times in SIX WEEKS? What the Hell are they thinking.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Signed,

Sticking exclusively with the Argala example. Before the patch, it would've taken me ca. 56k XP (iirc); now
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    jstewart55jstewart55 Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Sticking exclusively with the Argala example. Before the patch, it would've taken me ca. 56k XP (iirc); now
  • Options
    sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Thanks for taking the time to explain these ah... fascinating updates to the game. I trust this will appropriately help to maintain the same consistent feeling of enjoyment, we have come to expect these last few weeks.
  • Options
    rokkennrokkenn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    well after playing for the last few hours with the changes its taking me twice as long to lvl up as it did yesterday so its a major nerf thanks devs it will take me forever to lvl up all my toons now
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's just so sad that they thought no one would notice. Like a kid hiding something under the carpet.

Hmm, just logged in. It seems 1 Specialization level now takes close to 150k-200k (judging by the bars).

What a douche move, Cryptic! After people have been complaining about the last XP nerf already, you thought, what, we just up the anty a bit, and nerf it even more?! Argala now takes 3-4x as much XP!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    impressive how cryptic screws up the entire game
    I expected something good with this patch but now its just another stupid cryptic nerf

and next to that is 50% of whats written in the patch notes not even true
    most of these announced fixes and changes dont even work
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,807 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    swatop wrote: »
    impressive how cryptic screws up the entire game
    I expected something good with this patch but now its just another stupid cryptic nerf

and next to that is 50% of whats written in the patch notes not even true
    most of these announced fixes and changes dont even work

Wonder what they would do if they actually see a 50% decrease in their playerbase!
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    roubiniroubini Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Thanks for taking the time to explain these ah... fascinating updates to the game. I trust this will appropriately help to maintain the same consistent feeling of enjoyment, we have come to expect these last few weeks.

Great work Cryptic! Except for making money, there was zero reason to raise the level cap or introduce T6 ships in DR, which should have been a simple geographic expansion with a few new elements thrown in, mainly revised mechanics and improved UI. You could not get that right and replaced content with endless system patrol fillers. And you knocked everybody down to 10 levels from the top.....requiring weeks/months to grind.

Then you go and nerf every path to rapid advancement as it emerges. The Mirror Invasion Event was a blessed escape from the dreary DR grind.

Bottom line: You just can't do worse than you did with the DR level cap increase Cryptic, but nobody has been fired. We are in trouble, and now the grind has been extended.

It's just "Dr Doom" Roubini
    Refugee from those other games!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I think at this point, we just want a apology. but not up for "Slave & Master"
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    englishnodenglishnod Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    After re reading the first post for the (insert to many numbers to count) time, it has become clear to me that it was all their in black and white their true intentions of a bait and switch move in one post :p

BAIT!
    While there are a lot of numbers changing, we have taken extra care to make sure that the speed at which players level up will remain the same as it is now. This means that if a player chooses to level up from level 51 to 52 using exclusively missions and it currently requires that they play 3 missions to do so, then after the update it will still take 3 missions to level up from 51 to 52 if you use them as your sole source of skill points. This is true for whatever method a player might choose for leveling up – whether it is missions, duty officer assignments or critter kills.
    We are changing how the numbers work to make our spread sheets look so much nicer but there will be no change seen by you the player you will still have our previous 17x nerf we had weeks ago.

SWITCH!
    We will furthermore ensure that every player’s current progression is maintained while these numbers are updated. If you are halfway between levels 52 and 53 now, you will remain halfway between levels 52 and 53 after the update even though the total amount of skill points to achieve level 52 has gone up and the required skill points you’ll need to earn in order to become level 53 has also gone up.
    lets keep the players thinking that the statement prior to this is our intentions but in reality we really mean we will just increase how much XP they require ONLY!
    We are sorry to be making such drastic changes so far after launch. Unlike the other changes we are making to tune balance, this should be a one-time change.
    THIS is just a blatant LIE on your part, if you was that sorry then you really would not be making this extreme change to upset your player base AGAIN! you must have worked out that a 3x nerf was never going to go down as a good thing surely?

You should probably get the PR guy/gal to proof read your posts in future before you post them, they may give you a few pointers in helping make them easier to read :p
  • Options
    cincyman39cincyman39 Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Wonder what they would do if they actually see a 50% decrease in their playerbase!

For all we know maybe that is their plan force the die hard star trek fans and gamers away so they can shut the game down.

I know that sounds stupid but giving all the stupid things cryptic has done these past few weeks its the only thing I can come up with that made sence.
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    betayuya wrote: »
    I think at this point, we just want a apology. but not up for "Slave & Master"

Like in Rule #4?
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1267611
    (A VERY good Thread)
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!