test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Intrepid Class Starship

Comments

• alastorforthrighalastorforthrigh Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I really think that the Aero shuttle should be a unique Hangar Pet (that way you can also get Delta Fliers with your Intrepid...)
    2qTOAB3.gif
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Not to bash people, but if you bought a T5U for an Intrepid, you should have known better, at least you should have if you frequent the forums or the heavy in-game chat channels. The new model for the Intrepid and its buddies clearly has the AeroShuttle being separable, so we knew there was a new version coming, and it was pretty likely it was going to be a T6.

I do feel bad about people wasting money (Lord knows I have wasted enough on things in the game I never use and get pangs of regret), but paying a little attention and seeing the writing on the wall before you spend money is always a good idea. I'm on the fence on this bundle (~$35 is a bit of change for some ships I will likely not be using as my daily drivers since I'm a tac), but it's nice enough that I might do it eventually - I have always loved the Bellerophon but have always resisted spending money to get it.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    oooooo

Sneaky devils!! Just rechecked the info page and a hangar was added.:eek:

Edit: before someone gets angry. It's not added yet. Just trying to start a rumor here. :P
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    on a sidenote: Gift is German for Poison

On a further side note, arsenic tastes like almonds, and Germans make marzipan. Certain periods of the region's political history must have been very dangerous indeed for those with a sweet tooth.

On a related side note, Ba'al has openings for an official food taster by the way. All meals provided, with access to a Sarcophagus as needed. A willingness to die for one's Overlord is required, as is the ability to cope with laughter and/or mockery during one's death throes if you have a tendency to generate amusing expressions or convulsions in the process thereof. Prior experience a plus, but not necessary. Send applications to worffan. :D
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • hatchetl4dhatchetl4d Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This is a slap in the face to:

-T5U/T5 intrepid buyers
    -Delta Pack buyers
    -Roms
    -KDF

Well done. :confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lordtrekkielordtrekkie Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The Starfleet Corps of Engineers are pleased to announce the newest lineup of the famed Intrepid class star ship! The Delta Quadrant was explored by the U.S.S. Voyager, and no ship is better suited than our latest model. Check out the latest report.

You can find our report here as well as the new engineering specs on our latest ship!

~LaughingTrendy
    Any chance of getting an Aero Shuttle hanger pet unlocked if we have the console, for our other ships?
  • puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    jaturnley wrote: »
    Not to bash people, but if you bought a T5U for an Intrepid, you should have known better, at least you should have if you frequent the forums or the heavy in-game chat channels. The new model for the Intrepid and its buddies clearly has the AeroShuttle being separable, so we knew there was a new version coming, and it was pretty likely it was going to be a T6.

I do feel bad about people wasting money (Lord knows I have wasted enough on things in the game I never use and get pangs of regret), but paying a little attention and seeing the writing on the wall before you spend money is always a good idea. I'm on the fence on this bundle (~$35 is a bit of change for some ships I will likely not be using as my daily drivers since I'm a tac), but it's nice enough that I might do it eventually - I have always loved the Bellerophon but have always resisted spending money to get it.

I honestly, like a lot of people knew a bundle was on the way, but I had no clue it was t6. there was a lot of speculation, but no solid info.. further more, cryptic made it feel like there would be no t6 hero ships at all.

I honestly, like a lot of people thought it was just gonna be a skin, interior, and maybe a console for the aero shuttle. perhaps some doffs and what not like the ds9 bundle.

to say we should have expected a t6 is a bit over the top. also, serious talk about a bundle didn't start till dr had been out for a little while.
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Any chance of getting an Aero Shuttle hanger pet unlocked if we have the console, for our other ships?

It says the console can be put on any of the intrepid ships in the blog.

"This unique console may be equipped in any console slot on any Long Range Science Vessel variant."

Really, they should have the T6+Interior Pack available for everyone who has the previous 2 ships even after the limited time

or just sell it by itself.
  • dius1981dius1981 Member Posts: 500
    edited November 2014
    hatchetl4d wrote: »
    This is a slap in the face to:

-T5U/T5 intrepid buyers
    -Delta Pack buyers
    -Roms
    -KDF

Well done. :confused:

This but OVER 9'000...

Cryptic TRIBBLE us all in 1 big nerd'gasm... Yet again.

GEKO is a failure.
    OMEGA ARMADA & House of Beautiful Orions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Please keep the QQ to a minimum.
    >>>PUNISH THE FEDs<<<
    >>>Positive Feedback from a PvE HERO<<<
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    On a further side note, arsenic tastes like almonds, and Germans make marzipan. Certain periods of the region's political history must have been very dangerous indeed for those with a sweet tooth.

On a related side note, Ba'al has openings for an official food taster by the way. All meals provided, with access to a Sarcophagus as needed. A willingness to die for one's Overlord is required, as is the ability to cope with laughter and/or mockery during one's death throes if you have a tendency to generate amusing expressions or convulsions in the process thereof. Prior experience a plus, but not necessary. Send applications to worffan. :D

since when are you one of his followers? :eek:
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Remarkable that Transport Warhead and Surgical Strikes, both of which have been seen in Voyager, cannot be used in the T6 Intrepid due to its Lt eng/intel hybrid slot.

Why not turn the Lt Com Sci into a hybrid.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    puttenham wrote: »
    yet they keep releasing it on pretty much all the new pay ships.. you do realize that they could easily just release it with what they have like all the other ships that are being released with it.. if its good enough for the 3 or so ships that have it now, its good enough to be released..

but alas, they will use it as a selling point on all "new" sci ships..
    Can you demonstrate your claims? Because I'm not convinced.
  • st3a1th2st3a1th2 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    That has less consoles than the current fleet one u5 one that has a 3 tac cosoles, will thier be a fleet version of this then with an extra tac slot ?
  • carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    1 word : money. A lot of it.

Expect to see your favorite T5u revamped as T6 soon, the same, just better ! For the small price of 30$ !

Indeed. I've suspected it was coming if T6 didn't sell as well as they wanted - they'd make a pass back at all those customers who saved their coins on T5-U. They'll be analysing metrics for the next six months now to determine what are the most popular T5-U ships and offering upgrades to T6. I'd seriously count on it.

It is lame though that, in this case, they couldn't even give Intrepid users a brand new fifth skin for the T6 version. Would one new 2410 design have been asking too much?
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    since when are you one of his followers? :eek:

I'm not really... but worffan's thread provides positive humor. Sure, the actual topic of this thread makes me laugh... but not in a good way. :rolleyes:
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • captainleavittcaptainleavitt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    OMG! This really pisses me off! I bought all the c store intrepids and I have the fleet intrepid at 5-u level. Now you want me to buy it again! I had a feeling this was going to happen so I held off on buying my fleet intrepid until after DR launched. DR hit and there was only tier 5-u so I went and spent almost 30 bucks on my fleet intrepid 5-u. So what is this going to cost me? Another 50 bucks? I can't even buy the interior without buying the ship! This is why I tell people to stay way the hell away from this game! Guesse I'll wait for my stipend to rack up because there is now way in hell I'm ever giving this company another cent of my money.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm not really... but worffan's thread provides positive humor. Sure, the actual topic of this thread makes me laugh... but not in a good way. :rolleyes:

wait until the first T6 Galaxy is going to be released without a LtC/CMD Boff slot :D

maybe the Fleet T6 Voyager will have a new skin...
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, pretty much the message I took away from this dev blog was:

"Save your Zen/Dilithium until we get around to releasing T6 versions of the ships you already own and love. We don't want your money until then."

Message received loud and clear, Cryptic.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Given that a new Intrepid skin was made and given to owners of the Class retroactively and for no cost can you really complain theres no skin with this version?

They could have kept the improved textures back for the T6 but didn't
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Meh, I got all my upgrades from the exchange...Thanks guys who spent money, I appreciate you.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    On the subject of canon vessels, being a dedicated Romulan Captain, can you please do something on the Valdore? Like a T6 Valdore?

The one in Nemesis was badass, oh and while your at it, PLEASE put the Nemesis uniform or DS9 uniform in the Cstore.

Thank You.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    lights and smoke in a rollercoaster.... to be clear: i won't rebuy any ship i already bought 2 times! i won't rebuy 60 ships i mostly already bought twice, two times again. thx.

upgrade all lockbox to fleet-t6 and get off ma wallet, may i'll reopen it then :P!!!
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Interpid class, Interpid refit, Interpid retrofit, fleet Interpid retrofit, fleet Interpid retrofit T5-U, now Interpid T6 (Pathfinder) and fleet Interpid T6 coming soon!
  • antzudanantzudan Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    WOOAAAH.

Looks like I'm going to have to finally cave and get a T6 ship...

Thank god you posted this before I upgraded my Intrepid to tier 5U. Almost wasted 700zen there.

EDIT:

Although as someone above has said, it is incredibly annoying I'm essentially have to buy the same ship three times.
  • puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Can you demonstrate your claims? Because I'm not convinced.

WHAATT?.. its not rocket science (or maybe in star trek it is lol) if im not mistaken, there is currently 3 or so ships in game with duel defl.

what im trying to say, is that I agree that it is an undertaking to put duel defl. in game, there is a lot of work..

but, if you have enough of the system designed to support three pay ships, than you have enough to equip the rest..

when the hideous solane ships came out, it was understandable that they were the test bed, and there was only I think 1 or 2 deflectors available. but now, with the release of a few ships with this duel defl. the test phase should be over..

even without a whole plethora of defl, cryptic could easily release the ability for all sci ships to attach at least the solane duel deflector.

there is no reason that all ships should not have the slot for it..

as far as im concearned, since only sci ships you have to purchase new (as in not previously purchasable) are being granted the secondary defl. it looks like cryptic is only releasing it as a selling point for new ships.. (which is TRIBBLE since they made it sound like it would upgrade all current sci ships in game. )
  • jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Just throw a hanger on it!

LOLZ, sounds familiar <cough> faildread <cough>
    My carrier is more powerful than your gal-dread
    edited November 2014
    adverbero wrote: »
    Given that a new Intrepid skin was made and given to owners of the Class retroactively and for no cost can you really complain theres no skin with this version?

They could have kept the improved textures back for the T6 but didn't
    Welcome to the forums. You must be new here.
    puttenham wrote: »
    WHAATT?.. its not rocket science (or maybe in star trek it is lol) if im not mistaken, there is currently 3 or so ships in game with duel defl.

what im trying to say, is that I agree that it is an undertaking to put duel defl. in game, there is a lot of work..

but, if you have enough of the system designed to support three pay ships, than you have enough to equip the rest..

when the hideous solane ships came out, it was understandable that they were the test bed, and there was only I think 1 or 2 deflectors available. but now, with the release of a few ships with this duel defl. the test phase should be over..

even without a whole plethora of defl, cryptic could easily release the ability for all sci ships to attach at least the solane duel deflector.

there is no reason that all ships should not have the slot for it..

as far as im concearned, since only sci ships you have to purchase new (as in not previously purchasable) are being granted the secondary defl. it looks like cryptic is only releasing it as a selling point for new ships.. (which is TRIBBLE since they made it sound like it would upgrade all current sci ships in game. )
    That doesn't demonstrate that " they could easily just release it with what they have like all the other ships that are being released with it", nor " if its good enough for the 3 or so ships that have it now, its good enough to be released", nor "they will use it as a selling point on all "new" sci ships". Just because ships have the slots doesn't mean that the secondary deflector items themselves are ready to be released.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah WTF are you guys now saying TRIBBLE it we are only selling 2nd deflectors now.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Yeah WTF are you guys now saying TRIBBLE it we are only selling 2nd deflectors now.

I almost forgot Secondary Deflectors were a thing up until this thread refreshed my memory.

Yeah, valid concern.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    edited November 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    no they're not.