Options

Intrepid Class Starship

1131415161719»

Comments

• Options
    amenephisamenephis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    wayofdera wrote: »
    No, I'm upset it's another federation ship, making six tier 6 ships for the Feds, and only two for both the Klingons and Romulans. As for being upset about the repeat on iconic ships, I just followed the simple advice of "If it sounds to good to be true..." Thus I have yet to spend a dime on said upgrades. No, my problem is like I said, Cryptic releasing a new tier of ships, and not having at least one type of each starship class, for each faction, at launch. This is compounded, in ther continual release of science vessels for one faction only, which now has three science vessel starships, when the other two factions still have none.

Not gonna lie, I find it hilarious that you seem to want Cryptic to give a damn about your opinion when you say you're playing Cryptic's game, but you refuse to "spend a dime."
  • Options
    dauntless89dauntless89 Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    And after all the hatred coming out of most people in this thread, the success of the Intrepid T6 is beyond imagination.

People complain about the ship being 10 console and etc. Tell you what - the secondary deflector is currently not 1 but maybe 2 tactical consoles. The radiation damage you get is (for me) 1060 x 10 for the 4 listed abilities. In short even tachyon beam can do 10k damage now 50% penetration, CPB aoe 10k and etc...Imagine when it get its +1 console and how much better it can only be.

Wait..wait..the best part is coming. Currently the aero shuttle is the best science pet ever made. It is a frigate, 36k hp, using Phaser DBB, Beam Arrays, Quantum torpedo and tons of science powers and at some occasions even Beam Overload. So far I've noticed: Gravity Well, Tractor Beam, Viral Matrix, Jam Sensors and Scramble Sensors. The little guy is moving quite well, really fast and if you set it on focus and shield/hull heal him few times it will last for a lot of time. (exceptions are if it find itself in middle of 2-3 ships exploding or shields are down, but if u keep them up with TSS for example, its alright).Aw and the CD is 85 sec (with 5% recharge from intel spec).
    People who love vesta may say vesta better, maybe in some places yea, but the current intrepid and its pet plus 2nd deflector buffing all your powers ...its a good rival.

The ship just look amazing with unimatrix shield/belerophone nacelles/pylons. Cant wait for t6 version. :)

Thanks Cryptic for reviving the Intrepid and unleashing its power! As Intrepid captain since 4 years I thank you! :)
  • Options
    bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    wayofdera wrote: »
    No, I'm upset it's another federation ship, making six tier 6 ships for the Feds, and only two for both the Klingons and Romulans. As for being upset about the repeat on iconic ships, I just followed the simple advice of "If it sounds to good to be true..." Thus I have yet to spend a dime on said upgrades. No, my problem is like I said, Cryptic releasing a new tier of ships, and not having at least one type of each starship class, for each faction, at launch. This is compounded, in ther continual release of science vessels for one faction only, which now has three science vessel starships, when the other two factions still have none.
    amenephis wrote: »
    Not gonna lie, I find it hilarious that you seem to want Cryptic to give a damn about your opinion when you say you're playing Cryptic's game, but you refuse to "spend a dime."

See here's the thing. I bought the Delta Pack. I'm happy I did because I now have all the T6 FED ships I need for the foreseeable future. In fact, unless they give the Defiant this same treatment they're giving the Intrepid I don't see any reason for me to spend more money on ships. Unless they release a T6 Science Warbird. Then I WILL have a reason to buy another ship, because I stupidly made my main (and thus far only) Romulan a Science Captain. I didn't realize when LoR came out that the Roms were going to be Klingons part 2. Oh and speaking of Klingons, I would seriously consider buying a Klingon ship too.
  • Options
    hitonozanshihitonozanshi Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    EDIT: I saw that that's for the T6 ship AND the interior. Ok, then. That's more reasonable. The ship cost is $30. Carry on.
    The Jar kitty is watching you. :D
  • Options
    vosorosvosoros Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    For those still on the fence about the ship and interior, allow me to show you around the T6 U.S.S. Pioneer...

Onboard the Pioneer, the bridge is quite beautiful the behold, as is the ready room and the conference room located just off the bridge.

The transporter room aboard the Pioneer clearly sees a lot of action as we explore the galaxy, but the nicest place to be is the mess hall on deck two with its wonderful view.

However, I like to relax in the privacy of my own quarters with some soothing music playing...

Sickbay is rarely in demand on the Pioneer (thankfully) but nonetheless a welcome reassurance should things go badly during our exploration missions in deep space. And to help us chart the unknown is the wonders of astrometrics.

Behind everything the Pioneer undergoes, it would perhaps be apt to finish the tour off the by showing you around the heart of the ship, Engineering. Without engineering the Pioneer would just sit (in all it's beautfuly glory) at earth space dock. And without the cargo bays we would lack the means to store the many strange and mundane things we need or aquire to study as we continue to boldy go where no one has gone before.

Well, I hope you enjoyed the tour of the U.S.S. Pioneer...
  • Options
    amenephisamenephis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    vosoros wrote: »
    For those still on the fence about the ship and interior, allow me to show you around the T6 U.S.S. Pioneer...

Onboard the Pioneer, the bridge is quite beautiful the behold, as is the ready room and the conference room located just off the bridge.

The transporter room aboard the Pioneer clearly sees a lot of action as we explore the galaxy, but the nicest place to be is the mess hall on deck two with its wonderful view.

However, I like to relax in the privacy of my own quarters with some soothing music playing...

Sickbay is rarely in demand on the Pioneer (thankfully) but nonetheless a welcome reassurance should things go badly during our exploration missions in deep space. And to help us chart the unknown is the wonders of astrometrics.

Behind everything the Pioneer undergoes, it would perhaps be apt to finish the tour off the by showing you around the heart of the ship, Engineering. Without engineering the Pioneer would just sit (in all it's beautfuly glory) at earth space dock. And without the cargo bays we would lack the means to store the many strange and mundane things we need or aquire to study as we continue to boldy go where no one has gone before.

While I appreciate a bunch of low-res shots of all the stuff we'd already seen in much better detail on the blog, it somehow changes nothing about my opinion of this.
  • Options
    e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    vosoros wrote: »

Haha funny enough, my first Intrepid (the freebie Tier 4 I got) was also called USS Pioneer. My latest Intrepid is yet to be named.

Thanks for the tour!
  • Options
    captainleavittcaptainleavitt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    amenephis wrote: »
    While I appreciate a bunch of low-res shots of all the stuff we'd already seen in much better detail on the blog, it somehow changes nothing about my opinion of this.

Doesn't change my opinion either my friend. I'm really pissed I'm forced to buy a ship in order to get the interior. I don't need to buy the tos connie to get the connie interior, I don't need to buy the defiant to get the belfast interior, so why do I have to buy the tier 6 intrepid to get the intrepid interior? They should have made the interior a standalone option just like every other interior they have made. I havn't purchased it and I'm not going to.

And this thread really sickens me. Everyone was saying how they refuse to buy this after being misled about tier 5-u and tier 6. Whats the first thing people do as soon as they log in after the patch? They go and buy the damned pack! I guess that despite what people say, they are pretty happy with the way this game is moving.
  • Options
    pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    While I'm not a fan of T6 and all that, you've made something which has pulled me away from my Wells, and reunited my with my beloved Intrepid. Thank you.
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Full disclosure: I made comments earlier that I was not sold on getting this.

But I realized that I had never bought any version of this ship (got LSRV-R as veteran ship token on some characters). So I broke down and got it. As I have said, I am a fan of the Intrepid class and of the starship Voyager specifically and like the looks. At the time I got it, I felt it was the best option for a T6 science ship for a science captain.

Haven't been flying it long enough to form a solid impression, but I'll share as I gain some experience with it. I also have the DRO pack, so I can compare with those ships as I experiment with them.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Full disclosure: I made comments earlier that I was not sold on getting this.

But I realized that I had never bought any version of this ship (got LSRV-R as veteran ship token on some characters). So I broke down and got it. As I have said, I am a fan of the Intrepid class and of the starship Voyager specifically and like the looks. At the time I got it, I felt it was the best option for a T6 science ship for a science captain.

Haven't been flying it long enough to form a solid impression, but I'll share as I gain some experience with it. I also have the DRO pack, so I can compare with those ships as I experiment with them.

I have been trying to hold back because I have not entirely liked what Cryptic has been doing, but also I want to support them, as I am sure that they what to make DR more fun as well.

Pathfinder is attractive, but I have always wanted the Bellerophon skin - but I am conflicted because I already have the Vesta pack. Also I am very much tempted by the operations pack.

I look forward to seeing your views and experiences with your ships. Thanks, Bluegeek!
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.