Install Arc
Options

Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0

Comments

• Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    nulonu wrote: »
    Another issue with the juggernaut run knock back. Stand next to some one and just press to sprint. They'll fall over. No running required.

Thanks, added to the description.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    jmiticpjmiticp Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hmm

The list is still huge. Good job Cryptic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ''The most disgusting ship you can ever see in the universe. Yes. Truly.''

______
    Someone random
  • Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jmiticp wrote: »
    Hmm

The list is still huge. Good job Cryptic.

Is not about how huge it is, we can have a gigantic list of minor bugs and we could still play. The real problem is that DR introuced (at least for me) game braking stuff like the site to site transport module.

For me, GPVP is dead.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Is not about how huge it is, we can have a gigantic list of minor bugs and we could still play. The real problem is that DR introuced (at least for me) game braking stuff like the site to site transport module.

For me, GPVP is dead.

GPVP is dead?

Well this is not something new. ******nit.

GPVP has been dead for quite a long time (I'm pretty sure my opinion conflicts with some of the others, but hey, peace) from the beginning - Cryptic's been doing absolutely nothing and bugs were just everywhere. Many people exploited those things and GPVP went bat**** insane. In any case, that situation has been in Ground pvp for a long time already.

Although sure, it is not about bugs and how much there are (You can always play GPVP despite all the bugs around) it is the community that tends to exploit it once a little. Sadly, that thing happens a lot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

______
    Someone random
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Blue Site to Site transport module has 1 sec of charge time and yet, silence from cryptic.. it seems that one module, that useless in PVE, is more important than GPVP.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    jmiticp wrote: »
    Cryptic's been doing absolutely nothing and bugs were just everywhere.

That isn't a fair statement; there have been a huge amount of fixes for Ground PvP and the devs have been rather open to these threads in the past.
    Blue Site to Site transport module has 1 sec of charge time and yet, silence from cryptic.. it seems that one module, that useless in PVE, is more important than GPVP.

Delta Rising has a lot of bigger bugs to fry over the Ground PvP area. It may be a few weeks before the devs have time to start fixing the issues or even have the time to look at this thread for that matter. Don't lose heart, work on leveling all your characters to 60 and trait them up. By the time that's done the devs should have looked our way.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    work on leveling all your characters to 60 and trait them up.

lol no.. I manage to take 4 character to lvl 60 on Japori, and with the crappy XP gain there is now, I dont have any plans on doing any more leveling.. just gona focus on roleplay, foundry and wait to see what happend.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    falklander1989falklander1989 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Me to,i completly lose my will for cheesey new pvp and this game in general,when i log from now on its only gonna be for few rounds of kerrat and if this vanilla gpvp take on.
  • Options
    mikiiymikiiy Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lol no.. I manage to take 4 character to lvl 60 on Japori, and with the crappy XP gain there is now, I dont have any plans on doing any more leveling.. just gona focus on roleplay, foundry and wait to see what happend.

Yea thats actually the real issue.

PvP is all about maxing out, so leveling up and maxing spec points up is the basics, nobody wants to play outgeared or outleveled, pvp is about build vs build and playing skill vs playing skill. The game cryptic currently designed puts pvp behind a heavy grind wall and with the xp speed nerfed to 1/3 of what it was getting maxed out in spec points takes quiete some time, even more when having more then one toon.

So its weeks of boring mindless grind (or with multiple toons even months!)... and for WHAT exactly? A lot of the stuff they added looks pretty much un-fun, new players/casuals are even less likely to grind this all up but thats what pvp exactly needs the most.. new & more players.

The essence really is, instead of spending months of un-fun grinding here just to squeeze the last bit of queue-pvp out of the game with absurd waiting time between games, may as well just take DR as what it is.. a signal from cryptic that pvp is over here. Theres other games out there that require zero grind and are all about PvP and don't require absurd amounts of grind just to get pvp-ready again.

If cryptic woulda wanted to keep pvp around they woulda a) made specilization account-wide, to keep alts viable, b) turned it off completely in pvp or allowed a decent leveling speed so that maxing a toon woulda just been a matter of 3 days of heavy grind or so.. thats kinda the maximum i would be willing to invest for a toon in the state the game is.
  • Options
    loverofwarsloverofwars Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    mikiiy wrote: »
    pvp is about build vs build and playing skill vs playing skill.

coming from you thats the biggest joke i've heard all year

hell half the forum just started laughing

*starts counting how many times i saw you using known announced broken items, food boffs and a few hundred consumable lobi devices*
    *continues counting how many times blade armor swaps*
    *continues laughing remembering when you and frosty beamed out both using an offically announced broken weapon after i refused to assist exploiters*

*randomly giggles a little*

skill v skill huh? and you still terrible at it
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    coming from you thats the biggest joke i've heard all year

hell half the forum just started laughing

Awww, still mad plucka. Remember our duel ages ago? I even had to switch to your setup cause you cried so much about my gun.. and you still lost! http://i.imgur.com/yvuN2aI.jpg?1

Anyhow we've always enjoyed battling with you plucka, including the entertainment in the chatbox that it triggered on your side :)

Peace out!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Awww, still mad plucka. Remember our duel ages ago? I even had to switch to your setup cause you cried so much about my gun.. and you still lost! http://i.imgur.com/yvuN2aI.jpg?1

Anyhow we've always enjoyed battling with you plucka, including the entertainment in the chatbox that it triggered on your side :)

Peace out!

do you still enjoy running in circles and abusing broken things in a 1v1? and try boasting yet refuse to play me without them? yeah truth was never your strong point

and still continue to refuse to fight at all in a 1v1?

braindead doesnt come close to you..and most know that

just gonna keep refusing even in a 1v1 4 years and still the same, well heh even shai gave me a 1v1 the only fs who fought without abusing lol......the rest?...well only you accepted and still abusing must be scared self proclaimed king of pvp hm still hiding from the german team? only coming in pvp later on as you lose to them? :)

heh amusing

well if you ever decide to accept doubtful but whatever, you know how to find me feel free to take a few weeks or so catch up on rep or intel stuff or something then give me a fight refuse a 1v1 on forums for all to see no longer able to hide? well i'll stream the fight on twitch to catch you in the act incase you try exploiting again :) maybe link it to the forums get some things fixed for once :P
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    do you still enjoy running in circles and abusing broken things in a 1v1? and try boasting yet refuse to play me without them? yeah truth was never your strong point

and still continue to refuse to fight at all in a 1v1?

Review the screenshot then. We did duel. You lost dude, accept your defeat and move on lol
    well only you accepted and still abusing must be scared self proclaimed king of pvp hm still hiding from the german team? only coming im pvp later on as you lose to them? :)

To be the "self proclaimed king" i would have to proclaim that myself no? I don't remember making such posting on the forums, got a link? :P

Im still laughing about all the ego talk you been throwing at me before that game and the epic wall of absurd accusations and insults whenever you got beat. Everyone in FS knows you just don't have the skills to back your talk up.. anyhow, why are we discussing on the forums of a sort-of dead game over games past that you lost? :)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Review the screenshot then. We did duel. You lost dude, accept your defeat and move on lol

To be the "self proclaimed king" i would have to proclaim that myself no? I don't remember making such posting on the forums, got a link? :P

Im still laughing about all the ego talk you been throwing at me before that game and the epic wall of absurd accusations and insults whenever you got beat. Everyone in FS knows you just don't have the skills to back your talk up.. anyhow, why are we discussing on the forums of a sort-of dead game over games past that you lost? :)

aha still refuseing to tell the truth or indeed accept the twitch live stream 1v1? yeah the fs that get stomped unless they exploit wooohooo wanna really see me exploit too? i mean seriously do you? does everyone wanna see some nice exploiting going on from me?

unless you accept then just dont respond and stop wasting time you can barely fight a medic..

anyways sorry for wondering off topic this will be the end here unless tami wants to keep yammering on about how much they refuse to accept an open challenge doubt they'll post anything accepting or worth reading so move along folks
  • Options
    etherealplanesetherealplanes Member Posts: 414
    edited October 2014
    Seems to me if everyone here wants to act like a big **** then sign up for vgpvp like I did. I admit it wouldn't be my first option on how to play gpvp but I am more than willing to back my talk up as always. We do have enough of the gpvp community remaining to get some gpvp matches going. Hell I even find Nuholu's rules to be as close to old school gpvp as we can get. And these rules coming from someone who has been abusive of op stuff before DR launch. But even beyond that I find them acceptable. These rules eliminate all broken or op items btw.

So what's it going to be everyone put up or shut up. Hammer (mostly Doc), ALL GERMANS (Too Scared I Bet), rest of Fs, Fes or Kig who might be reading this from afar? Show us how god damn good you are in vgpvp setting :)
  • Options
    falklander1989falklander1989 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Seems to me if everyone here wants to act like a big **** then sign up for vgpvp like I did. I admit it wouldn't be my first option on how to play gpvp but I am more than willing to back my talk up as always. We do have enough of the gpvp community remaining to get some gpvp matches going. Hell I even find Nuholu's rules to be as close to old school gpvp as we can get. And these rules coming from someone who has been abusive of op stuff before DR launch. But even beyond that I find them acceptable. These rules eliminate all broken or op items btw.

So what's it going to be everyone put up or shut up. Hammer (mostly Doc), ALL GERMANS (Too Scared I Bet), rest of Fs, Fes or Kig who might be reading this from afar? Show us how god damn good you are in vgpvp setting :)

In the name of vgpvp i thank you for your recruiting efforts.:)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    In the name of vgpvp i thank you for your recruiting efforts.:)

Well it's not so much that I condone having to pvp this way as much as it will be a more skill based teamwork oriented game then our current meta. In short it's more of a man's pvp game instead of a broken or op game mechanic abusing troll's game. Since I have yet to see a single t6 ground pvp match I may have to get my fix this way. If anyone is just itching to "try" to kill Biggs than sign up for vgpvp. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2014

KIG is ded. We've been fair and we're ded.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

______
    Someone random
  • Options
    tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Some data about the shotgun from Mirror Invasion which I suddenly forgot the name.

- It does physical damage.
    - It bypasses 80% shields like most/all melee attacks.
    - Motion Accelerator buffs it. Other physical damage buffs will probably do, as well.
    - It does not do enhanced damage to crouched targets.

The fact that physical damage buffs affect it might become a concern. Requires more testing though.

I ran it against a heavily armored sci and here are some interesting log lines:

[Primary Shot, No Buffs]
    Your Slug Shot deals 66 (261) Physical Damage to Kaitlin.
    Your Slug Shot deals 69 (273) Physical Damage to Kaitlin.
    Your Slug Shot deals 48 (276) Physical Damage to Kaitlin.
    Your Slug Shot deals 77 (633) Physical Damage(Critical) to Kaitlin.
    Your Slug Shot deals 79 (644) Physical Damage(Critical) to Kaitlin.
    Your Slug Shot deals 71 (580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Kaitlin.

Now, this is something curious. Notice the jump in critical, unresisted damage?

The character I tested it with was a Melee Tac, using the Melee +Crit DOFFS. My crit chance was low, barely hitting crits as I ran the test, but my crit severity, looking at the above lines, seems to be very high. My reported critical severity in the profile window is about 150%. But the above numbers is more like 250%, which would make sense if you add 75% crit severity from the DOFFs. Maybe I'm too paranoid and the crit severity is coming from somewhere else I can't determine? Or my math is just wrong?

I'm sure you guys will have plenty of time to test it though. Or not, who knows, lol. This game is so sad right now.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• Options
    edited November 2014
    tk79 wrote: »
    - It bypasses 80% shields like most/all melee attacks.

[Primary Shot, No Buffs]
    Your Slug Shot deals 77 (633) Physical Damage(Critical) to Kaitlin.
    Your Slug Shot deals 79 (644) Physical Damage(Critical) to Kaitlin.
    Your Slug Shot deals 71 (580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Kaitlin.
    Are you certain the shield bypass is 80%? Testing I've seen and the numbers above would suggest that the shield bypass is 40%, which is the old pre-melee weapon buff level.

The character I tested it with was a Melee Tac, using the Melee +Crit DOFFS. My crit chance was low, barely hitting crits as I ran the test, but my crit severity, looking at the above lines, seems to be very high. My reported critical severity in the profile window is about 150%. But the above numbers is more like 250%, which would make sense if you add 75% crit severity from the DOFFs. Maybe I'm too paranoid and the crit severity is coming from somewhere else I can't determine? Or my math is just wrong?
    The test numbers do look about right for someone with 150% critical severity. The melee duty officers shouldn't be affecting the shotgun because the Physical Strength and other melee specific traits aren't affecting it either. If they are, then it is a major bug.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Motion Accelerator is affecting it so it might tell something about other Physical Damage buffs or even traits affecting it.

Some lines with shield damage:
    Your Slug Shot gives 31 (39) to Kaitlin's Shields.
    Your Slug Shot deals 48 (272) Physical Damage to Kaitlin.
    Your Slug Shot gives 29 (54) to Kaitlin's Shields.
    Your Slug Shot gives 31 (56) to Kaitlin's Shields.
    Your Slug Shot gives 31 (40) to Kaitlin's Shields.
    Your Slug Shot gives 22 (28) to Kaitlin's Shields.
    Your Slug Shot deals 34 (194) Physical Damage to Kaitlin.

Looking at the unresisted damage it does seem like it's closer to 80% penetration. Or are innate shield resists playing around?
    STO Screenshot Archive

• Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So what do you think of that new kit module from What's Left Behind...?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Motion Accelerator is affecting it so it might tell something about other Physical Damage buffs or even traits affecting it.
    Motion Accelerator should also be affecting the TR-116B because it also deals Physical Damage.
    Looking at the unresisted damage it does seem like it's closer to 80% penetration. Or are innate shield resists playing around?

Yeah, you are right, this does warrant further testing.
    So what do you think of that new kit module from What's Left Behind...?

-blinks-...new...kit...module? What have they done now?
    Cryptic wrote:
    Elachi Kit Module - Subspace Rift
    • AoE Hold, Damage, Speed, Recharge, and Perception Debuff
    • Create a Subspace Rift for 15 sec
      • Foes within 3m of the Rift:
      • -480 Perception
      • Reduces damage by 33.3
      • Power Recharge rate reduced by 50
      • Stuns target near Rift
      • Reduce movement speed
      • Unable to jump
      • Unable to roll or sprint

Cryptic! Cryptic! Now you are just trolling us Ground PvPers
  • Options
    nulonunulonu Member Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Motion Accelerator should also be affecting the TR-116B because it also deals Physical Damage.

Yeah, you are right, this does warrant further testing.

-blinks-...new...kit...module? What have they done now?

Cryptic! Cryptic! Now you are just trolling us Ground PvPers

Lol. What's there to even say about that thing. What npcs are rolling or sprinting or even using an ability to need to debuff their recharge speed.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    LOOOOOOOOL

And anyone still think that cryptic is ever going to fix Ground PVP?

Elachi TRIBBLE now hit ground, lol.. tomorrow is going to be the undine console, lol

VPVP is the only hope for GPVP I think, too bad only a few are intresting on that.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    it deals kinetic damage, not physical
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    new module

I have no words, except offenses, for the dev who designed that new atrocity.
    STO Screenshot Archive

• Options
    warpfactor993warpfactor993 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm really not a bad player I might be pretty new to some of you guys, but I have been Pvping on ground long enough to know it's really just about who is using the most broken stuff out who can team stomp a group of pugs. I think vgpvp is the only way to go

andron@warpfactor993
    --Outsiders Inc. --
    --Second in Command--
    --Captain Commanding Officer--
    --PvE Trainer--
    --Ground PvP Consultant--
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Biggs has been waiting for some teamed vgpvp
  • Options
    janetza#4790 janetza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hm, this module also has a small cooldown. With Tactical Initiative and Commando specialisation it could be a troll tool I suppose.
    Waste of slot PvE-wise as for me.

In-game handle @Janetza