test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0

majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
edited July 2015 in PvP Gameplay
Delta Rising is now live and it is therefore time for the next Ground PvP Concerns Directory. Past instances of this thread have resulted in great fixes by the devs that has significantly improved quality of Ground PvP. A new version of this thread is made each season in hope to continue to make Ground PvP very balanced and enjoyable.

List begins here:
Note: All clearly defined bugs have been moved to Gameplay Bug Reports.

01. Kit ability: Suppressing Fire
  • This debuff cannot be cleansed due to the fact that the debuff has an 100% uptime and is applied on each weapon attack.
  • The strength of the damage output debuff is improved by the debuffer's damage buffs.
  • The ability has no cooldown at all as the debuffer may apply the debuff for 18 seconds, the debuff duration spans 6-8 second, and the cooldown is 24 seconds before reduction.

02. Weapon: TR-116B
  • This weapon lacks the warning "laser sight" animation of all other sniper rifles.
  • The weapon deals 100% shield bypass, making oneshot with the weapon quite easy

03. Omega Distortion Field
  • Team wide effects that place the team in red alert will prematurely cancel the stealth buff.
  • The stealth on this ability is breaking from team wide procs, such as the MACO shield's "Spectrum Overload".

04. Nanoenergy Cell - Kinetic Capacitor
  • The knockback proc from this item ignores knockback immunity.
  • Knockback may be chained as there is no immunity period to further knockbacks

05. Nanoenergy Cell - Neural Overload
  • This item proc constantly strips all buffs from players.
  • Unresistable stun may be chained and counters may be bypassed due to a lack of cooldown on the proc.

06. Kit ability: Energy Inversion Matrix
  • This ability may be chained for an 100% uptime.
  • It lacks a counter for science officers as they have nothing that clears such weapon debuffs
  • Large Power Cells, used to clear the very similar Engineering Kit Module - Weapon Malfunction, does not counter this ability

09. Mechanic: Stun
  • All stun resistances are double dipping and halving stun effects twice.
    • This is due to having both resistances via Willpower and stun effects automatically having "half duration vs. player".
  • Stun effects are also broken and immunity is failing to apply upon a stun expiration
    • This allows for chaining extremely short duration (0.3 second) stun effects on a player.

10. Kit abilities: All Grenades (Plasma, Stun, Photon, Anesthizine Gas, etc.)
  • Damage and negative effects from grenade attacks may be reduced or negated simply before jumping right before detonation.
  • Feline races may avoid far more of the effects than non-feline species.
  • Anesthizine Gas grenade's gas cloud debuff is not persisting the full 30 second duration (lasts less than 5 seconds).

11. Kit ability: Photonic Overcharge
  • This kit module sometimes double dips on obtaining Critical Severity.
  • The ability deals +15% more damage dealt as radiation based upon a weapon's final output.
  • However, the radiation hits can also critically hit.
  • If both the weapon critically hits and the radiation critically hits, then the radiation can deal more damage than the actual weapon hit.
  • High damage secondary attacks; such as pulsewaves, compression pistols, and sniper rifles can cause this kit ability to deal over 2,000 radiation damage to players as a result.
  • Removing critical hits from the radiation portion would solve this issue.

12. Kit ability combination: Trajectory Bending and Intel Sonic Suppression Field
  • Sonic Suppression Field provides a massive single hit debuff when flanking and Trajectory Bending forces all attacks to flank and applies further buffs.
  • The combination of flank damage, 40% shield bypass, +66% Critical Severity, and -80 all damage resistance rating easily destroys players.
  • All forms of counterplay are negated as Trajectory Bending forces flanks from all angles.
  • A 10 second shared cooldown between Trajectory Bending and Sonic Suppression Field would solve this issue.
If there are any other issues, please mention them below and I'll add them to the list as soon as possible.
--->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
--->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
Post edited by majortiraomega on

Comments

• Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    01. Intel kit ability: Site to Site Ensnare
    Issue: This kit modules makes it far too easy for players to beam other enemy players into a lethal amount of mines within a mine barrier. The ability has no counters, has an fairly short cooldown, and can be activated from well beyond weapons range.

I could not test it yet (do not have access) but by the description, that module is just not OP, is game breaking. Forget about the mines or the bomb, imagine a poor guy beamed in to the lines of the other team. Or imagine you are beamed in front of a fully buffed tact.

Cryptic, this module is just going to destroy Ground PVP, even more than Motivation did.

The TR gun just destroyed Engis, but this module is going to destroy the hole system. Put in to balance, I know that PVP is not important, but is a single module more important than a hole system? A module that in PVE is TRIBBLE and useless. A module that already is inmune to NPC Captaints! Make real players also inmune please!

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    janetza#4790 janetza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    19. Mechanic: Stun
    Issue: The "stun" mechanic is currently too heavily resisted by players. Stuns are currently cut in half on the item level (half duration vs player) and then cut down by 42% against players with 6 ranks in willpower. Stun is currently the only willpower based control mechanic that is too heavily resisted to the point where it is worthless; lasting less than a second.

If you think that stun makes this game fun you have different understanding of word fun. Nerfing it might bring some comfort at least.

In-game handle @Janetza
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    taut0u wrote: »
    If you think that stun makes this game fun you have different understanding of word fun. Nerfing it might bring some comfort at least.

Ideally stun should be one off powerful and then we should have immunity. Right now we have stuns that last 0.2 seconds, but repeat chainable after expiration. This is bad because it makes things like stun grenade and stun pistol, both things with long cooldowns, useless because of the worthless short duration.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    With all the respet, but who cares about stuns when a team could beam you inside their hole group? One moment you are shoting from your lines and the next secound you are surrounded by 10 enemys, lol..

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    loverofwarsloverofwars Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited October 2014

01. Intel kit ability: Site to Site Ensnare
    Issue: This kit modules makes it far too easy for players to beam other enemy players into a lethal amount of mines within a mine barrier. The ability has no counters, has an fairly short cooldown, and can be activated from well beyond weapons range.

wonder if this can be used to bring someone into mid air and drop them off the roof of a building, might be funny :)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    wonder if this can be used to bring someone into mid air and drop them off the roof of a building, might be funny :)

Also it would be the ultimate trolling machine. Lets just said I want to troll X person. I just go to the top of the ship, and beam you there.. do and repeat each minute.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    deokkent wrote: »
    The list isHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGe.:rolleyes:

Well, could be worse, if I were to make a space concerns directory it would have the scroll bar so tiny you'd need magnification to see it.
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    12. Expose chance on abilities
    Issue: The expose chance proc is incorrectly cut in half on kit and captain abilities. Abilities such as Fuse Armor that previously had 10% expose chance now only have 5% expose chance. See this post for a detailed explanation.

You should probably link to the thread below instead, since it has more up-to-date information.

Expose chances of science and engineering abilities halved from 10% to 5%

Cryptic fixed most of the abilities in the patch on September 25, 2014. Unfortunately, they missed Nanoprobe Infestation. The last time I checked this was before Delta Rising. I'll have to check again to see if they've fixed it yet.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    frtoaster wrote: »
    You should probably link to the thread below instead, since it has more up-to-date information.

Expose chances of science and engineering abilities halved from 10% to 5%

Cryptic fixed most of the abilities in the patch on September 25, 2014. Unfortunately, they missed Nanoprobe Infestation. The last time I checked this was before Delta Rising. I'll have to check again to see if they've fixed it yet.

Thanks for the updated thread. I know for a fact that there are some abilities still with this bug. Nanite Infestation is one clear case of this issue.
  • Options
    loverofwarsloverofwars Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Also it would be the ultimate trolling machine. Lets just said I want to troll X person. I just go to the top of the ship, and beam you there.. do and repeat each minute.

i see nothing wrong with this but i dont think fall damage kills unfortunatly
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Added Electrostatic Field and expanded Juggernaut Systems concern after further testing.
  • Options
    tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The former issue with Nanite Health Monitor being repeatedly used to clean FOMM, albeit fixed, still happens with Nanoprobe Infestation. I've noticed this while playing my science captain in PvE and being affected with the debuff. I am not sure the behavior happens while fighting players.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• Options
    edited October 2014
    tk79 wrote: »
    The former issue with Nanite Health Monitor being repeatedly used to clean FOMM, albeit fixed, still happens with Nanoprobe Infestation. I've noticed this while playing my science captain in PvE and being affected with the debuff. I am not sure the behavior happens while fighting players.

Ok, I've just tested it and nanoprobe infestation is burning Nanite Health Monitor charges; issue has been added to the directory.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    The Common Site to Site Transport module have 3 secs of charge. Maybe sufficient time for you to brake LOS or use a Shield Charge (if the victim has an indication, I still coudnt test it to check).

The Uncommon has 2 secs of charge. So is fair to assume that the Rare is going to have 1 and the Very Rare none. The Very Rare is going to transport you 60 meters in the enemy line and you wont even know what happend.

Good job killing PVP cryptic, do you devs feel proud of it? I mean, one of the jobs of the system devs is balance, do you systems devs feel proud of your work?

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    The Common Site to Site Transport module have 3 secs of charge. Maybe sufficient time for you to brake LOS or use a Shield Charge (if the victim has an indication, I still coudnt test it to check).

The Uncommon has 2 secs of charge. So is fair to assume that the Rare is going to have 1 and the Very Rare none. The Very Rare is going to transport you 60 meters in the enemy line and you wont even know what happend.

Good job killing PVP cryptic, do you devs feel proud of it? I mean, one of the jobs of the system devs is balance, do you systems devs feel proud of your work?

The easiest fix for this kit module will be to make all players immune to site to site transport. On an unrelated note, this new site to site transport will now allow us to move the enemy turrets on shanty town around the map with impunity.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    And stuck players in the walls too.. like my fleet mate did to me wile we test it.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    nulonunulonu Member Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    And stuck players in the walls too.. like my fleet mate did to me wile we test it.

LOL. I would expect a nerf bat clubbing for that power.
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for the updated thread. I know for a fact that there are some abilities still with this bug. Nanite Infestation is one clear case of this issue.

I went through all my kits and captain abilities today, and the only ability I could find with a halved expose chance is Nanoprobe Infestation. Of course, I do not rule out the following possibilities:

1. There is some ability with a halved expose chance that is not in any of my kits.
    2. Cryptic fixed the tooltips, but the underlying ability is still broken.

Let me know if you find an ability that I've missed.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Well, could be worse, if I were to make a space concerns directory it would have the scroll bar so tiny you'd need magnification to see it.

Very true, but no one has the patience to write that long long post. Sufficely today say, it's minimaxing gone wild.
  • Options
    etherealplanesetherealplanes Member Posts: 414
    edited October 2014
    nulonu wrote: »
    LOL. I would expect a nerf bat clubbing for that power.

But none for your tr-116a rifle that you so clearly crutch on because you can't handle playing a tact.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    But none for your tr-116a rifle that you so clearly crutch on because you can't handle playing a tact.

You the only sci in the game that dies consistently to DoT doffs. Why is that? :P
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    You the only sci in the game that dies consistently to DoT doffs. Why is that? :P

LOL you have me mixed up with someone else lol. My sci pretty much owns the **** out of all of you. Why don't we have a 1 on 1 and you can use your cheese setup against me without the rest of fs to back you up? You won't bother everyone knows you guys are scared of me tra and cloak noob some more. Everyone knows about you. You are nothing and the whole community knows it. hahahah
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    LOL you have me mixed up with someone else lol. My sci pretty much owns the **** out of all of you. Why don't we have a 1 on 1 and you can use your cheese setup against me without the rest of fs to back you up? You won't bother everyone knows you guys are scared of me tra and cloak noob some more. Everyone knows about you. You are nothing and the whole community knows it. hahahah

Your poor attitude and lousy sportsmanship has more than likely turned off an uncountable number of people to pvp in general then any group of friends queuing together ever could. Never mind your disgusting racist language. I think THAT Is more what everyone knows. :P
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Your poor attitude and lousy sportsmanship has more than likely turned off an uncountable number of people to pvp in general then any group of friends queuing together ever could. Never mind your disgusting racist language. I think THAT Is more what everyone knows. :P

You people kept asking for biggs back after I came back in peace. You got what you asked for. These are what people have come to expect from me http://s27.photobucket.com/user/BossmanBiggs/library/Ground%20Pvp?sort=3&page=1

My foot in fs and germans a$$es. I look forward to ripping your noob a$$es some more in DR
  • Options
    janetza#4790 janetza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Never mind your disgusting racist language. I think THAT Is more what everyone knows. :P

You have any issues with that, yankee?

In-game handle @Janetza
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Very true, but no one has the patience to write that long long post. Sufficely today say, it's minimaxing gone wild.

That would indeed be quite a post, I haven't had the time to write it up, but I might write it up someday to see if the devs want to read it...or TL;DR it.
    taut0u wrote: »
    You have any issues with that, yankee?

Alright all, let's keep on topic, there's no need to talk smart and bash each other. Also, @Janetza...calling an American a Yankee isn't what I'd call racist...Connecticut even uses the song as their state anthem. Americans are also humans just like the rest of the world...unless...-looks left, looks right- there are Romulans among us...
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Americans are also humans just like the rest of the world...unless...-looks left, looks right- there are Romulans among us...

Now that was funny. :D
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Now that was funny. :D

shhh, I've said too much already. The Tal Shiar...ahem...I mean the NSA will be looking for me now.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Another issue with the juggernaut run knock back. Stand next to some one and just press to sprint. They'll fall over. No running required.