edited October 2014
    Green light! go kill stuff.
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • markofthelexanmarkofthelexan Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    LADIES & GENTLEMONKEYS....start your engines and charge those phasers because its 10minutes till......*gets passed a note*...............AHEM...well be right back after this 2hr commercial O.o

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    We Have A Green Light On The Launcher Mr. Smirk:d

Don't play with my emotions!
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • docfrederdocfreder Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    We Have A Green Light On The Launcher Mr. Smirk :D
    103 MB some how I expected more ;)
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    We Have A Green Light On The Launcher Mr. Smirk :D

"... I'll give them another 20 minutes, but that's it!"
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • urchinborgurchinborg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You can play the test server...
  • militiamasterxmilitiamasterx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    was Isaac clarke nearby or any strange spires?

Don't get your reference. Just saying I saw the Unimatrix ships not warping in thing. (Whether it was just a glitch for some missions last night, or a part of a larger problem, I have no idea.)
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have the confirmation.

Holodeck has been unlocked and is ready for your continuing missions!

Have fun in-game everyone.

Time for Smirk to get some dinner and go to sleep.

Thanks gain for your patience and for the laughs in this thread tonight :)

~CaptainSmirk
    edited October 2014
    I have the confirmation.

Holodeck has been unlocked and is ready for your continuing missions!

Have fun in-game everyone.

Time for Smirk to get some dinner and go to sleep.

Thanks gain for your patience and for the laughs in this thread tonight :)

~CaptainSmirk

Stay away from the fish.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • markofthelexanmarkofthelexan Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Don't get your reference. Just saying I saw the Unimatrix ships not warping in thing. (Whether it was just a glitch for some missions last night, or a part of a larger problem, I have no idea.)

yeh...i should probably have highlighted your Dead Space part :-p
    its 7am though so nope :-p

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2014
    I just want to tell you both good luck, we're counting on you.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited October 2014
  • xandercorvusxandercorvus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    tamujiin wrote: »
    Your just whining because you dont know how to anymore, or make adjustments, carry on with yer insescent whining, and moaning about "ITS TO HARD".

Day three and ive beat all the advanced optionals. Waiting for the rest of my "team" to catch up, to try the elites.

I am actually level 60+17, i would be 60 +24 or 25 now, if it wasnt for the down time.

And im not elitist, im a lazy player, ask any of my fleet mates :D

I never said it IS hard for me; I said it WAS hard for me.
    I MADE changes, and they worked great, but that's only because I know the game well enough to know what needed to be done, and how to get it done; NEW players will not.
    That's the problem...I need good players in my fleet, but everyone's already IN a fleet, so that just leaves NEW players.
    NEW players will not join a fleet that still has to relearn the endgame content to makeup for a 70k hull suddenly being 700k.
    I'm having no trouble with anything except everyone having to relearn the PvE queues.
    Which makes it impossible for us to try to teach NEW players (right now) how to properly run content that we have to relearn ourselves.
    The same thing happened when they revamped the ground combat, and space combat, and when STO went F2P.
    "Join Date: Jun 2012" Says Cryptic's "new" forum system. I've been here since a week before launch, but SOME stuff just didn't carry over through multiple system changes/updates. :rolleyes:
  • shadokittyshadokitty Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Good night Smirk and thanks for all the fish.
    edited October 2014
    Yes.. what he said...I guess ^_^
    "Join Date: Jun 2012" Says Cryptic's "new" forum system. I've been here since a week before launch, but SOME stuff just didn't carry over through multiple system changes/updates. :rolleyes:
    edited October 2014
    xaraman wrote: »
    @Smirk: I think you finally lost it with #SalamanderJaneway :D

Oh it's already been losten ;)
  • tamujiintamujiin Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The monkey in a space suit will be on ESD #2 all night HA!
  • giveroffacialsgiveroffacials Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Damnit!
    How many times do I have to explain that I KNEW how to play the game perfectly until DR ruined it?

Not really. You knew how coast in a game that hadn't really changed in two years.
    Space the final frontier. These are the voyages of [your name here] on a five year mission to gain one level after the delta rising xp nerf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • militiamasterxmilitiamasterx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    yeh...i should probably have highlighted your Dead Space part :-p
    its 7am though so nope :-p

Ah. Never played it. *shrugs* (I've missed out on lots of games over the years that were 'popular' and just do huge long stints on MMO's lately, so it's not hard for some references to just fly by me. Carry on. ;) )
  • tamujiintamujiin Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I never said it IS hard for me; I said it WAS hard for me.
    I MADE changes, and they worked great, but that's only because I know the game well enough to know what needed to be done, and how to get it done; NEW players will not.
    That's the problem...I need good players in my fleet, but everyone's already IN a fleet, so that just leaves NEW players.
    NEW players will not join a fleet that still has to relearn the endgame content to makeup for a 70k hull suddenly being 700k.
    I'm having no trouble with anything except everyone having to relearn the PvE queues.
    Which makes it impossible for us to try to teach NEW players (right now) how to properly run content that we have to relearn ourselves.
    The same thing happened when they revamped the ground combat, and space combat, and when STO went F2P.

Then learn that info, be willing and able to share it and teach it, to new players. And dont be a wuss, and START getting to meet ALTERNATE groups of people, like make an ALLIANCE with another fleet.

Just not mine, thank you.
    edited October 2014
    Not really. You knew how coast in a game that hadn't really changed in two years.

Yeah, because dealing 30k, and teaching my fleet of 90+ how to destroy Elite STF's was coasting.
    Sure.
    tamujiin wrote: »
    The learn that info, be willing and able to share it and teach it, to new players.

I AM, but it's going to take a lot of time that an unemployed father of a 3-year-old does not have enough of, and my fleet is dying because there's been no one new in it to give us that chance since STO went F2P.
    edited October 2014
    EDIT:
    Accidental double-post.
    Sorry.
  • starportsstarports Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    westmetals wrote: »
    Yeah I know. My best ship is - although I don't like the term - a 'science gank'er.

Getting back to what I was saying... my FFA attempts were NOT PUG... they were organized teams from within my fleet. Two of the three were done with me, 3 high-DPS (though not necessarily maxed out, I'll grant you that) tacs, and one newer (but level 50) engineer. In both of those cases, we had no respawns on our side, so squishyness wasn't the problem. It was just that we couldn't dish out enough damage to beat the timer (the first timer expired very shortly after the last two groups spawned, in both runs).

The third, we had lost one of the tacs and replaced with a second engineer, and we didn't even make half as much progress.

This is FFA, mind you. A mission that is supposed to be 'Normal' difficulty and welcoming to level 10+ players. We could not beat it once in three tries with a non-PUG team of five 50+ players. In fact, we couldn't even make it to the second timer.

I previously have PUGged that mission on a frequency of at least 8-12 runs a week and have failed three times in SIX MONTHS... and many of the successful runs were done with far worse builds. Including once where I literally ran it with a level 28 engineer in an Ambassador with mk VI retrofit phasers.

That's not a build issue, that's a mission issue.

For one thing isn't it that before DR we had stupidly simple and elite STFs? One was to learn the STF and the other to maximize your profit in doing them over and over and over.

Now they drop the stupidly simple STFs (maybe cause people by now should know how to play them) and the normal ones are the old Elite STFs and the Advanced are the ones you suppose to have upgraded all your weapons and console to max first AND made a team up of experts of the mission (ones that have done the normals allot as a group) to be able to conquer them.

Me being a 53 year old player with Arthritis, I can get in old elites easily 15-18k dps. And so far have no problem doing 18k-20k in DR normals. And will be getting a team together from our fleet to run Advanced. I don't think we'll have any problems doing them.

You just cant fly threw the content like its a new expansion of ********. There is no ladder system in play or scoreboard saying hey I'm the first one to get through all the content and leveled to max in less that a day....

They made content thats challenging and will cost you money if you are not into grinding for dilith and EC, so you can get your gear to a level that you CAN beat the Advanced level of STFs.
    edited October 2014
    hravik wrote: »

XD You just won the internet
    edited October 2014
    treking2 wrote: »
    In Soviet Russia... Wolf 359 gets you!

LoL

Perfection :)
  • shadokittyshadokitty Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Got a 6 pack of pepsi, and a pot of coffee brewing. Time to pew pew pew, while watching Star Trek on Netflix too. :D
  • starportsstarports Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I just want to tell you both good luck. We're all counting on you.

Its up.....!!!!
    edited October 2014
    It's patching.
    Good.
    Now I can go to bed >.<
    edited October 2014
    Big thanks to our dedicated Dev team who worked so hard to get this patch out tonight.

And big thank you to everyone for your patience and good spirits as we quoted old movies and shared memes on Twitter.

I will be closing this thread now, but don't forget that there is a big old forum out there waiting for more fun and adventure, but who cares when you can be in-game fighting along side the Voyager crew in the Delta Quadrant! :)

Goodnight and good luck, and don't forget, we are all counting on you!

~CaptainSmirk
This discussion has been closed.