Install Arc

Emergency Maintenance 10-16-2014 6:30PM - 11PM PDT

Comments

• docfrederdocfreder Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    I guess it's the wrong week for the maintence guys to quit sniffing glue:D
    aleaic wrote: »
    Players: Surely the servers will be up soon.

Smirk: They will be up soon, and quit calling me Shirley.
    LoL oh the memories...

Forum Turkey don't want my help...

Forum Turkey ain't gonna get no help

Ladies and gentleman, this is your forum stewardess speaking. We regret any inconvenience the sudden server down time has caused. This is due to periodic air pockets we encountered. There's no reason to become alarmed and we hope you enjoy the forum sideshow. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to write code?
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    [as the server prepares to take off]

Smirk: Nervous?

Players: Yes.

Smirk: First time?

Players: No, I've been nervous lots of times.
    :D
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Have you tried, "GO GO GADGET SERVERS!!"
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    papablood wrote: »
    Only if you quit calling me player ... You feel me ... LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr9_GfeoCjk
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • whiterookwhiterook Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    That's it - Lights out - it's another Macho Grande!
  • xandercorvusxandercorvus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    tamujiin wrote: »
    Never heard of cryptic studios before eh'?

Way to go calling the monkey a jerk, jeesh, SMIRK!!!! IT CALLED ME A JERK!!!! :P jk, but seriously, come on, your complaining about bugs.... your new to the game aren't you?

You went from complaining about FED fleet alert, and now everything is broken in the game, and you can't kill shtuff.... I did hear they were making a Hello Kitty online game, maybe it would benefit you to go play that, until the rest of the people that have been carrying your "easy" pug group matches, can get up to par again.

Never heard of cryptic studios before eh'?

What post were you reading?!
    I never mentioned Fed Fleet Alert even once.
    also, AGAIN, I don't PUG ANYTHING!
    AND I've been here since one week before launch...read my signature.
    You really should check your facts, or do you like the taste of your own foot?
    "Join Date: Jun 2012" Says Cryptic's "new" forum system. I've been here since a week before launch, but SOME stuff just didn't carry over through multiple system changes/updates. :rolleyes:
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    so we can do the same thing we do every night......complain :D

I love Pinky & the Brain!

BTW forum tie in = ROTFLMFAO
  • treking2treking2 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So, where "Airplane!" had the in flight movie as a crash test of a jet,
    (actual footage by the way)...

Does this mean we need a new Delta Rising Cutscene
    (non-skippable of course)...

of the devs in the server room
    ripping their hair out over the extended maintenance?
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    whiterook wrote: »
    That's it - Lights out - it's another Macho Grande!

I'm afraid I'll never be over Macho Grande.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • captainpetey001captainpetey001 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I can picture the devs doing this right about now ...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKGo4bs__hs
  • alexnt02alexnt02 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Learn hipsterese. It wasn't condescending at all. Rather, it was making fun of condescension in order to be literally ironic.

are you high? stop smoking the granola..
  • aleaicaleaic Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Player: *Looking out the starship window, seeing Smirk and Trendy, already shot out the airlock by the starship AI, start sorta float-dancing with each other, as they float away. The Player then looks over at another player next to em.* Did you see... *And looks back, as they are no longer see.*

Time to get worried about the Hamsters? =oO=;;;
  • kamuii2kamuii2 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I honestly like the difficulty increase. You actually have to think about how to handle battles and pick your targets accordingly. No more leroyin it. Ony spot in the story missions I have had a problem at was that holo voth bulwark. Reflects are painfull hehe.
  • starportsstarports Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    EMS: Smirk, how soon can you have the servers up?
    SMIRK: I can't tell.
    EMS: You can tell me. I'm a doctor.
    SMIRK: No. I mean I'm just not sure.
    EMS: Well, can't you take a guess?
    SMIRK: Well, not for another two hours.
    EMS: You can't take a guess for another two hours?
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    treking2 wrote: »
    Of all the directions this set of forum posts could have taken ...

"Airplane!" was a good choice indeed.

Well done sir. Well done.

Airplane The Next Generation

Or

Aeroshuttle
  • docfrederdocfreder Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    alexnt02 wrote: »
    COULD YOU POSSIBLY BE ANYMORE CONDESCENDING?!? people ask why another extension of the servers being down and you decide to talk to people like we're 5!

for future reference maybe be less a jerk and actually treat players/customers like they are not children?
    Calm down he's just being funny and amuseing most of us in what is an issue for everyone involved chill man (P.S. it's just a game) :cool:
    edited October 2014
    Religious solicitor - "Would you like to make a donation?"
    Hare Krishna - "No thanks, we gave at the office."
  • tamujiintamujiin Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    azzastew wrote: »
    hear hear, lol I see these douche bag dpsers all the time with that dps counter thing poping it up at the end of matches. I want to find out where they live and burn..... lmao nah jkin :D seriously I stoped healing 1 of those and he poped 5+ times in khitomer vortex elite and still at the end displayed the dps meter I was seriously on the floor LMAO

You sir, do not sound like an elitist, you sir, sound like fun. :D

Smirk, yah gotta see my toon in game, I am the one and only, Monkey in a space suit.
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Say, Smirk? Would you happen to know...

Is tonight's patch gonna fix the Borg red alerts as well, by chance? This morning's patch caused the Unimatrix ship to stop appearing at the end...
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Smirk: You'd better tell the Captain we've got to fix these servers as soon as we can. These players need to be told what a server room is.

Players: A server room? What is it?

Smirk: It's a big building with servers, but that's not important right now.

:D
    edited October 2014
    Also, just for the record, I ALWAYS ran ELITE queues before DR.
    "Join Date: Jun 2012" Says Cryptic's "new" forum system. I've been here since a week before launch, but SOME stuff just didn't carry over through multiple system changes/updates. :rolleyes:
  • markofthelexanmarkofthelexan Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    tasshena wrote: »
    Say, Smirk? Would you happen to know...

Is tonight's patch gonna fix the Borg red alerts as well, by chance? This morning's patch caused the Unimatrix ship to stop appearing at the end...

Worked fine for me and i did alerts before and after the patch O.o

Maybe the borg got scared :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rickskynightrickskynight Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I can hear the TNG computer voice in my head. "Deck one: hamster support failure"
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    alexnt02 wrote: »
    COULD YOU POSSIBLY BE ANYMORE CONDESCENDING?!? people ask why another extension of the servers being down and you decide to talk to people like we're 5!

for future reference maybe be less a jerk and actually treat players/customers like they are not children?

Maybe if some players would stop throwing tantrums (similar to those of say, a 5 year old child) during an unplanned (but scheduled) server maintenance period to fix major issues with said game's sever performance...

Not naming names, or quoting examples....oh, wait...:eek:
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • aleaicaleaic Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You sir, do not sound like an elitist, you sir, sound like fun. :D

Smirk, yah gotta see my toon in game, I am the one and only, Monkey in a space suit.

USA monkey, or USSR monkey?
  • markofthelexanmarkofthelexan Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Also, just for the record, I ALWAYS ran ELITE queues before DR.

I ran Elite once...but then i took a scimitar to the knee O.o

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,803 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    You have a science gank? or are all five of you tactical wanna be DPSERS? If your pulling 11k DPS your doing something wrong, as tac.

And my good sir, if you knew me, you would know i am not an "elitist" i run the best most casual tier 5 fleet system of alliances in the game i have seen, ever. We just help our people get their fun, by having fun with em and keeping them informed. If this makes me an elitist, so be it, i guess i am.

Hpow is saying go meet some people, being elitist? i thought most elitist were in the 30k DPS channel, i am not :D Just the 10k.

You know, its a thing called team work.

Sometimes we also like to use a word called diversity, you know, bring a tank, 1 healer, and 1 science ganker, and 2 DPS heavy Tacs or something.

DPS dont matter, team work does. No where did i say anything about DPS, except in this post.

Notice I said 11k+ meaning 11k is the minimum. Had you paid attention you would have caught that. The issue is that right now the health of the enemies and what not is jacked up right now to ridiculous levels. When people who are pulling a good amount of dps all have to concentrate one ship just so it will die in less than 10 minutes and even then it still takes awhile, something is wrong. Plus fleet alert as i said can't function this way as it prevents anyone sub 50 from doing it. You're right teamwork does matter but when everyone in there has mk xiii ultra rare gear for weapons and tac consoles, plus other good equipment, and it still takes forever to kill stuff, something is wrong and attention needs to be called to it.
    I'm not PUGGING story missions...or anything else.
    There is massive amount of glitches, and the enemies have insane abilities that scale with my team.
    I KNOW what I'm doing, you jerk!
    I've been stomping ALL content in this game until Delta Rising came along with it's Vaadwaur lunacy, and it's 700k Hull Hit Points.
    Basically, my 4-years+ experience has gone completely out the window.
    That's ridiculously insulting.

I'm not disagreeing there is a massive amount of glitches and what not. still some stuff needs to be addressed.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Learn hipsterese. It wasn't condescending at all. Rather, it was making fun of condescension in order to be literally ironic.

I guess irony can be pretty ironic at times.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    "This is Cryptic Studios, where Star Trek Online lives forever!"

*CRASH*
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    edited October 2014
    I ran Elite once...but then i took a scimitar to the knee O.o

THAT...is hilarious!
    ^_^
This discussion has been closed.