Install Arc
Options

Assistance needed to track down loadout issues

Comments

• Options
    bawj4wsbawj4ws Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Dork@Cpt_duck

Any time I exit a lower levelled map like a sphere war zone in my T5-U ship the tray powers disappear..
    Dork - I.K.S. WeeBugger
  • Options
    spinnefuchsspinnefuchs Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Pulgh@spinnefuchs

loses abilities from power tray

occurs when transfer from ground to space, but not sector space to space nor space to sector space

post strip loadout

1 tac team copy 1
    2 empty
    3 attack pattern beta
    4 cannon scatter volley
    5 sensor scan
    6,7,8 empty
    9 evasive maneuvers
    10 brace for impact

c1 scattering field
    c2 photonic fleet
    c3 science fleet
    c4 weapon batt
    c5 empty
    c6 battery capacitor
    c7 empty
    c8 plasma turret
    c9 ramming speed
    c10 subspace fold

a1 subnucleonic beam
    a2,a3,a4 empty
    a5 science team
    a6 tractor beam repulsor
    a7 dual plasma cannons [crth] [crtd]x2
    a8,a9 empty
    a10 cascade resonance emission

sh1 fleet support
    sh2-sh10 empty

row 5.1-4 empty
    row 5.5 dual plasma cannons [acc]x2 [crth]
    row 5.6-10 empty

loadout that gets stripped

1 tac team copy 1
    2 attack pattern delta
    3 attack pattern beta
    4 cannon scatter volley
    5 sensor scan
    6 gravity well
    7 tractor beam repulsor
    8 call xindi weapon platform
    9 evasive maneuvers
    10 brace for impact

c1 scattering field
    c2 photonic fleet
    c3 science fleet
    c4 weapon battery
    c5 engine battery
    c6 auxiliary battery
    c7 battery capacitor
    c8 bio-molecular shield generator
    c9 refracting tetryon cascade
    c10 plasma torpedo

a1 subnucleonic beam
    a2 reverse shield polarity
    a3 emergency power to shields
    a4 transfer shield strength
    a5 science team
    a6 hazard emitters
    a7 tac team copy 2
    a8 launch subspace rupture
    a9 isometric charge
    a10 cascade resonance emission

sh1,sh2 launch xindi frigate
    sh3,sh4 empty
    sh5 ramming speed
    sh6 fleet support
    sh7 empty
    sh8 subspace fold
    sh10 quantum singularity manipulation

row 5.1-2 empty
    row 5.3 dual heavy plasma cannons
    row 5.4 dual plasma cannons [acc]x2 [crth]
    row 5.5 dual plasma cannons [crth] [crtd]x2
    row 5.6-8 plasma turrets
    row 5.9-10 empty
  • Options
    gameshogungameshogun Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    There's obviously a bunch of you still having issues with loadouts. Powers, Boffs and Doffs get changed or unslotted from the reports I'm seeing. We need your help to track this down.

We need characters that consistently experience this issue. Not "most of the time" or "sometimes", but "all of the time" or as close thereto as possible.

If you have such a character, please provide the character's name@handle, and a clear description of what exactly happens with the character, and under what circumstances this is seen.

For example: Enter the Sol System map, switch to <Ship Name>, set the loadout to <Loadout Name>, note the locations of the following power icons <list powers>, and now <action that causes the bug> and note that the previous power icons are now moved.

So, if you've got a character that consistently experiences these loadout issues, and are willing and able to take the time to provide a clear description of how to reproduce the bug with your character, please reply.

I understand this issue is extremely frustrating, and you may want to vent about it, but I'm asking everyone to please limit replies to this thread to the requested information only.

Thank you.

CrypticFrost

Amyrei@Laibcoms
    Yarso@Laibcoms

I only got affected by this after the Delta Rising patch.
    It's 100% reproducable on both my characters.
    All skills affected
    Skilltray reverts to its previously successfully-saved setup when
    • Entering or leaving a mission
    • Changing character
    • Restarting the client
    • Relogin
    • Switching from Ground to Space
    • Before and After PvE and STF
    The only time it doesn't revert is when changing Sector Block

The workaround I do is I switch between my ships, then it saves successfully. If I update my skilltray again, it will revert back as usual to the previously successful-saved setup. I have to switch ships everytime I do an update to my skilltray.

The first time this occur, none of my characters were affected.

I hope the above information can help in catching this Ferengi.
    [ Home | Bio | Send me a gift! ]
    [ Blog: YOOki Chronicles ]
    [ Verify me: Keybase | OpenPGP ]

"Someone should do a story where a Horta meets a Vorta. And then they find a portal to Vorta-Vor and become immortal. Sorta." ~Christopher L. Bennett
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Sumfin that worked for me was doing nuffin except switching two exactly identical cunsuls with each other's positions, for example in my ship I have 5 tac cunsuls and I swap the center with the left one. Then I click on the loadout I wish to load, and then all is fine. Of course before I did that, I set up my tray, active duffs etc. as I wish to have them placed.
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • Options
    kerven01kerven01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Boggs@kerven01

Ship: Breen Chel Grett Warship [T5-U]

When switching from ESD ground, Kobali ground, and Dyson Command ground maps to space maps, the following abilities are removed from the tray (original locations noted before the ability):

[C2] Tactical Team II
    [C3] Cannon Rapid Fire II
    [A7] Attack Pattern Omega III
    [A8] Bio-Molecular Shield Generator
    [Sh6] Deploy Aceton Assimilator
    [Sh5] Deploy Repair Platform
    [A2] Emergency Power to Shields I
    [A4] Engineering Team II
    [9] Full Impulse
    [C5] Torpedo: High Yield I

[A3] Transfer Shield Strength I is not removed from the tray, but it is moved to a different slot [A5]. [A5] Hazard Emitters II is relocated to [A4]. Engine Battery (not originally slotted) replaces [Sh5] Deploy Repair Platform.

I first noticed this after slotting the R&D traits that weren't supposed to be available, but the problem persisted after removing them.

In addition, active duty space doffs are removed when switching from Sol System map to ESD and from ESD to space maps.

No ship change required to produce this.
  • Options
    karmaenforcerkarmaenforcer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jarazek wrote: »
    From my previous post.

This worked for me. Thank you. Now I just need to not change an thing until this gets coded out.
  • Options
    jarazekjarazek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This worked for me. Thank you. Now I just need to not change an thing until this gets coded out.

Glad to hear it worked, you are very welcome.
    I am with you, I am not changing anything until they fix this issue, if I do have to change something, at least it there is an easy temp fix, hopefully the Devs can figure out how that fixes the issue, and are able to fix it so doing this is not necessary.
  • Options
    jtneatjtneat Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Handle, Neat@jtneat
    When beaming up from ESD ground (anywhere from ground) to ship, power tray messed up and powers removed from tray.
    This also happens when queuing from ESD ground into space stf`s.
    Also after warp to sector this happens.

Powers missing from tray;
    slot key 1,Cannon rapid fire III
    slot key 2,Cannon scatter volley II
    slot key 4,Torpedo high yield I
    slot key 5,Torpedo spread I
    slot key 6,Torpedo spread II
    slot key 0,Directed energy modulation
    slot key c6,Attack pattern delta I
    slot key c2,Tactical team I

Powers switched slots by themselves;
    From c7, Attack pattern omega, into slot key 2.
    From slot key 7, weapons capacitor, into slot key c6.
    Attempted deleting loadouts, saving new ones, renaming loadouts, attempted switching ship, NO FIX. Am losing my mind with this bug.

Handle, Neat@jtneat
    Handle, Raisin@jtneat
    When slotting gear into ship slot from inventory at "ground" ESD instance or New Romulus Command instance, queue for stf "space", after loading into stf "space" some the new slotted equipment is unslotted back into inventory. This seems to be randomly happening on both toons, not often.
  • Options
    jarazekjarazek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It would be nice if the original post made could by the Dev could include the temp fix that has worked for me, and everybody else that tried it, it will at least save them from a little aggravation.

The temp fix is mentioned on in my post on page 23...
    I'll shorten it to only pertinent info, and paste it below.
    jarazek wrote: »
    Make sure you have a shuttle, while in sector space fix your trays the way you want them, switch to your shuttle, then switch back, note the Switch Starship button will be greyed out till the timer runs out, I think it is like 45 seconds till you can switch back.

Any time you change BOFF's, or consoles, and the glitch happens again, you will have to do this again.
  • Options
    hatchetl4dhatchetl4d Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Temp fix unfortunately doesn t work for me :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stefenmossstefenmoss Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This as really affect all of my charater on @Protector87.

Anytime I leave space or load the game after logging it the power tray has been reset even wit it locked in.
  • Options
    olliereportolliereport Member Posts: 721
    edited October 2014
    why on earth is this still happening?

this is like programming 101! it doesn't get any more basic than this!

it mysteriously stopped happening (quickbars reset on zone) for me a couple days ago and I switch ships and BAM! it's back with a vengence

it's now happening on space -> space zone lines, EVERY SINGLE TIME

what the heck are you guys doing?

as before - this has _nothing_ to do with loadouts
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    apologies for the terse tone, but seriously? this is still happening from like season 2?

this is on my orion science guy, kdf. only guy I play much and care about. it happens on ALL my other chars that I use to mine dilithium. I've stopped trying to fix it on them, don't care, I only mine dilithium with them.
  • Options
    hals3yhals3y Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ragnar@hals3y, T'tocS@hals3y

Every time I transfer from any ground instance back to my bridge, the following changes occur:

1) All active duty doffs (space) are removed except for a development lab scientist.
    2) My skill tray is rearranged. Not completely, but few redundant items are added and whatever devices I had installed are removed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You are aware that this happens having *never* used the load out system as well, right?

All of my characters regularly experience this now, and many of them have never saved a load out.

I equip things, slot boffs/skills, and I expect them to be there next login. No such luck.

My workaround has been to:

1: equip skills/boffs/gear

2: create a load out (sadly necessary to fix issue)

3: remove an item from ship (example: shield)

4: load load out.

This must be done in planetary space (not sector space, not ground)

Never needed or used the "loadout" feature until this bug reared its ugly head. It was unnecessary since I swap gear manually based on my current purpose. Doing that *now* results in items/skills/boffs randomly disappearing from their slots (not lost, just unequipped or unslotted)
  • Options
    perfectshipsperfectships Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Through the thread, I've been mentioning my ships that were affected by the bug: Now it'd be quicker to list the ones that aren't.

It's also getting worse in that it's now affecting ships that were OK a week or so ago; eg my Tac Odyssey-U ("Imperator Pavel"). The last time I had this character-killing bug (on a different char, which I thus abandoned) was ~5 months ago, and it was never as bad as it is this time round.

I'm biting my tongue, in the interest of keeping this thread tight and disciplined, but I'm pretty peeved at still having to reset ~40 buttons every single time I beam into my now favourite ship ("Izumrud": Eclipse) from the ground, which still means that I can't play most of the new mission content (which I paid for); whilst witnessing the speed that the company is capable of when 'fixing' other matters... you know what I mean. This needs fixing with equal or greater speed.

Svetlana Makarov@perfectships.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,541 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Account: @thunderfoot1007

Ships: All of them. Every. Single. One.

Attempted fixes: In the past when I set up my tray loadouts in Sector Space, the "workaround" solved this issue for me.

Current status: Fix mentioned above no longer works all of the time or works randomly. I have seen no pattern which indicates I am doing something wrong. Nor have I seen anything which indicates where the fault might be.

I suspect this will not be fixed for several weeks or even months. The last time it occurred it took a very long time for anyone to even acknowledge there was a problem.

yay, customer service. :rolleyes:

All those people with all those letters after their names and the fancy titles and the large salaries and this same problem crops up a second time?

Are you guys hiring? Sure would like a job where I did not have to produce results to remain employed.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Name: Alethia Psyche@.Spartan
    Ship: Xindi-Aquatic Narcine Dreadnought Carrier
    Ship Details:
    http://gateway.startrekonline.com/#char%28Alethia%20Psyche@.Spartan%29/ship-equipment

Usually one console and and two weapons drop whenever I change areas.

Yesterday a new problem started to happen: My power tray after updating the layout would drop all the stuff I added in combat! This took place in the Dyson Sphere space battle zone.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    this is new,

so I log in to set doff missions, everything is fine, I don't even do anything other than that

change characters to do some mining, ok, mining is done so I go back to my only real main char

login --- quickbars are all reset to junk? on login?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    You are aware that this happens having *never* used the load out system as well, right?

All of my characters regularly experience this now, and many of them have never saved a load out.

I equip things, slot boffs/skills, and I expect them to be there next login. No such luck.

My workaround has been to:

1: equip skills/boffs/gear

2: create a load out (sadly necessary to fix issue)

3: remove an item from ship (example: shield)

4: load load out.

This must be done in planetary space (not sector space, not ground)

Never needed or used the "loadout" feature until this bug reared its ugly head. It was unnecessary since I swap gear manually based on my current purpose. Doing that *now* results in items/skills/boffs randomly disappearing from their slots (not lost, just unequipped or unslotted)

creating loadouts, in any way, does not get at this problem

I have ships with loadouts and ships without, set them in space, set them above a planet, it doesn't stop this problem at all

this isn't a gear-popout problem, it's various other bits of peoples interface resetting on zone or login

EDIT: I mean it's not exclusively a gear popout problem
  • Options
    rigilgearwerksrigilgearwerks Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I've had a version of this happen to me, though not quite to the extent that some others have had.

R'Gil@rigilgearwerks is the character, flying a Fleet Tier 5-U Chimera.

The steps are simple, and always cause at least some small level of error. Switching between either of my two load outs will cause the tactical officer powers to move (Always the same three position to different, but always the same, positions), or sometimes empty the stations entirely. Map change does not appear to affect me, but missions that change the bridge officers I bring down on an away mission (New Romulus, Beaming down with another captain, etc...) cause the bridge officers being removed during a load out change more frequently.

Upon further investigation, I've noticed that when they are removed, the drop down list doesn't even list their names, instead having duplicates of the officers formerly using that station. Clicking the list again causes the name to appear, and then you can switch load outs without the stations being emptied.

I've been able to consistently get this to happen on my character. While not as terrible as others in this thread, I don't change ships or load outs very often, so I may be missing other parts of this bug.

What I will say, however, is that this bug seems to have a connection with other bridge officer bugs (random unknown bridge officers asking if you want to beam up in foundry or other missions; different bridge officer portraits popping up when beaming up from SFA, etc...).

The risk analyst in me says that there's probably a connection between the way that bridge officers get sorted and pulled from the list (which would explain when my bridge officer list changes, the load out change can't find the correct BOff to load into the station) and the current load out and tray issues. I would like to say that all of these errors are caused by some root cause, and these are just the effects of that single failure mode.

Does any of that make sense?
  • Options
    kthangkthang Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just to add to the thread that yes it happens here as well, no matter the toon. Some times the "shuttle"-workaround works, some times not. It does, however, seem to be linked to ships that either can be upgraded or is upgraded. My T5-U Monbosh is the worst, the regular Kumari not quite as often.

If I'd venture a guess it has to do with the loadout going haywire over one ship that can be two different ones (normal/upgraded).

To be quite honest the loadout scheme is a mess, but you already sold slots I reckon so it is impossible to back out of it unless you make some sort of refund effort. It would be nice, however, if those of us that do not care about loadouts to opt-out of it.

If you make an opt-out/in function, clear all loadout databases and put everyone outside it and then we can choose to use it. The ones that already purchased slots would still own them, but yes they would have to set them up again.

Before the patch, ever since loadouts were introduced, it never even worked to load a saved one either as it always messed up the config slightly. Loaded 80-90%, the rest was empty or random. And yeah, I've reported that a long long time ago.
  • Options
    trist3ntrist3n Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    makeflux wrote: »
    From what I've found during the Delta Rising database update the loudouts of some users were corrupted. Either they are locked to some previous layout which can't be modified, have some kind weird layout that you've never used before, or just empty.

This also happens to people that have not used the loadouts at all, but has still corrupted there default loadout.

Please try this temp workaround and let me know if it works. It's worked for my fleet mates and others so far.

Step 1 - Re-setup ship the way you want, trays, boffs, etc.(Make sure to set your auto-fire prior to saving)

Step 2 - Make sure your trays are "unlocked"

Step 3 - Rename both/all loadout's to "Temp 1" "Temp 2" etc

Step 4 - Save your new setup to both/all loadout's named "Temp 1" "Temp 2" etc

Step 5 - Switch your ship and Test

Step 6 - If successful rename and setup accordingly.
    Here are a couple pics
    http://chaoflux.com/14G/Rename.jpg
    http://chaoflux.com/14G/Save.jpg
    Have done so for Tier-5 existing, Tier-5U and Tier-6 ships. Now all working correctly.

Let me know if successful.

-Make

Thanks! This worked for me. Although I found it's best to one use just one loadout.
  • Options
    eduayreseduayres Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Cryptic, where is your word about this and many other bugs????
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    kthang wrote: »
    Just to add to the thread that yes it happens here as well, no matter the toon. Some times the "shuttle"-workaround works, some times not. It does, however, seem to be linked to ships that either can be upgraded or is upgraded. My T5-U Monbosh is the worst, the regular Kumari not quite as often.

If I'd venture a guess it has to do with the loadout going haywire over one ship that can be two different ones (normal/upgraded).

To be quite honest the loadout scheme is a mess, but you already sold slots I reckon so it is impossible to back out of it unless you make some sort of refund effort. It would be nice, however, if those of us that do not care about loadouts to opt-out of it.

If you make an opt-out/in function, clear all loadout databases and put everyone outside it and then we can choose to use it. The ones that already purchased slots would still own them, but yes they would have to set them up again.

Before the patch, ever since loadouts were introduced, it never even worked to load a saved one either as it always messed up the config slightly. Loaded 80-90%, the rest was empty or random. And yeah, I've reported that a long long time ago.

that's what I don't understand, why on earth should it vary from ship to ship?

on my monbosh-U it's pretty stable but on the next ship quickbar slots can be voided on space to space zoning

and this isn't just Boff abilities, it's basic stuff like brace for impact, redistribute shields, and evasive manuvers
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I do not believe that anyone experiences this *all* of the time. The crazy randomness of it only makes it worse. You might fix it and it remain fixed for several maps, it may then start doing it every map.

Last night I topped off my shield batteries on ground (after refilling my boff seating in space for the 100th time) only to find them removed from my bar again.

Also, when my boffs were unseated (upon login) loading my load out only seated ONE boff. Had to put the rest in manually, then save load out *again*
  • Options
    zshunzshun Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Cort@ Zshun Vesta class t5-u
    Sera@ Zshun Vesta class t5-u
    Rahkel@ Zshun Vesta class t5-u
    M’keikki@ Zshun Vesta class t5-u
    Gollum@ Zshun Vesta class t5-u
    T’Kera@ Zshun Vesta class t5-u
    Kamatra@ Zshun Ha’apax Warbird
    Kilona@ Zshun Negh’var Heavy Battle Cruiser

All 8 characters suffer the same abilities tray bug . Most common is going from ground mission back to space. Most common when warping from Eta Eridani to Pi Canis and from Orellius to Beta Ursae. Map changing to stf without fail the bug activates I tried already the work-around mentioned above to no avail. I won’t expound on the frustration this is bringing as you obviously must know. I do however have a concern with mirror invasion event since the abilities tray bug activates in the stf. I have checked the patch notes but it does not appear this particular bug was addressed nor has there been any update as of yet in the forums, particularly this thread. Is a solution forthcoming and will it be able to be added to the patch tomorrow?
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Again, didn't want to quote my two previous posts in their entirety, but I wanted to add an update.

This would actually be my fourth post, so I didn't quote my whole third post nor the first two...

...it's still Geist@virusdancer.

But this is getting downright silly with what happens when I go to Ground and then back to Space.

With the latest reset, it actually listed the following on the tray:

http://i.imgur.com/DQFEJI5.png

Yeah, that would be some info from the Impulse Engines and Shields being listed in the hotbar tray (Speed/Turn, Energy Reduction, Power Conduits, and Plasma Reduction)...

It's getting to the point of not wanting to play anything but the "What's it going to do this time?" game...meh, maybe just log in once a day to see what stupid TRIBBLE it's going to do when zoning from Ground to Space.

It's gone from annoying to frustrating to...I don't even know a polite way to put it.

edit: I need to stop posting to this thread. Each time I do, it just gets worse and worse. Now my bars are resetting with Sector Space to Normal Space or Normal Space to Sector Space frequently. It's not the always that takes place going from Ground to Normal/Sector Space, but it's just happened three times in a row going from Space to Space...meh.
  • Options
    gorndolfgorndolf Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So many pages and still no feed back on if they are even working on this. Well I still have the problem even if it has been covered up by temp work arounds. So I am going to offer my assistance to any dev that contacts me in game and asks me to re-create the issue. yes dev I am that certain that just changing 1 thing on my ship will cause it to happen. So if you want a test subject here ya go

Rosache@gorndolf
    V'Misral@gorndolf
    Talla@gorndolf
    Setta@gorndolf

if I am logged in to them and you want a test subject let me know for I would love to have this fixed asap.
  • Options
    zombiedeadheadedzombiedeadheaded Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Two things are a constant for me, when changing from ground to space, the same tray items always disappear.
    And, the items which are affected are things which I changed after a certain point in time. If I could remember exactly, it would be helpful, but I can't, say pre DR, but not much.

So for me, it's all batteries because eventually you have to replenish, which counts as a change, and that Tactical Fleet ability which was added in DR.

The point is, that the things which have become 'unstable', are things which I have changed, nothing else has been affected.

Now I would imagine if you are in the habit of ,say, changing ships, and loading completely new trays, this would count as a change, and so all of these things would become 'unstable'., and would change at every ground/space transition.

So, for me, any tray item that has been changed once this bug hit, will always become an empty tray box, when I change from ground to space. Nothing else is affected.