test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tier 6 Starships

Comments

• bryguy#1741 bryguy Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Looks like my purchase boycott will be coming to an end once the Guardian is available for standalone purchase.

Love the Boff layout. Any chance of it being able to Saucer sep? From the pics posted it looks like it has sets of impulse engines on the saucer and the star drive. Please give it the ability to separate.

Thank you.
    Thank you for the T6 Galaxy Class. - I support Tovan Khev. - Please bring back the exploration missions.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    That's one very encouraging introduction paragraph. Let's hope it's the beginning of more various and quality ships and ship builds focused on engineering and science.

Also - much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much better than the 1-st intorduced batch of ships - the "intel" ones. Better in every possible way - looks, stats, consoles, traits. Granted I have no idea what the intelligence Boff powers are yet, but it seems to me that this batch of ships will blow up the "intel" ones in sales.
    Also a very good job picking the console, Boff and trait layouts for each one of these - very aproprate IMHO.

BTW, that Raptor is mine!
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I honestly hope we'll be getting more KDF and ROM T6 ships in the future, not just FED and Lockbox/Lobi stuff.

One can hope...
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The Mat'ha Raptor is by far a beast. Out of all the ships, that one has the best (imo) consoles - Heavy Disruptor Spinal Cannons. Sustained barrage is an understatement; that thing is a machine gun.

That was the only ship that really stood out to me in the entire blog. How much will it cost outside of the Delta pack?
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • balordezulbalordezul Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ok I like what I see on some of these ships. Can we get different deals for example a total pack the current one, a fed, a kdf, a Rom pack.

Their a lot of us that don't play all the factions and unlike LoR pack where those deals worked for everyone that was interested in a Rom it will not but because of the waste of money on some of the factions people don't play. Sure if they have at least one more ship in both Rom and KDF it could be work it ish depending on what they were.

I see one Rom ship that I like and would do the deal if I could get both Rom ships without needing to buy the Fed or KDF.
  • sohtohsohtoh Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I will probably get the Guardian, but I will definitely be getting that Raptor.
    "I'm not big on telepaths myself. I'm not big on guns either. But if everyone else has them, I want to make sure I can get my hands on the biggest one I can."
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Like the Raptor! The only ship id get out of that little lot..

The same here, as long as there are no KDF or Romulan Packs i will use some of my remaining zen for the Raptor.
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    robdmc wrote: »
    Can the Guardian equip the saucer separation console? Also can we apply venture and galaxy skins to it?

The Guardian Cruiser has a look reminiscent of the Galaxy class, but I don't think it's meant to be the same ship, so very little chance of any of that happening.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • psyloafpsyloaf Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The Guardian is my PERFECT cruiser. The boff layout is my ideal - please don't change it! :D plus I'm really liking the looks.
    Fleet Advanced Research Vessel T6
    Commander Science, Lieutenant Commander Engineering, Lieutenant Commander Universal, Lieutenant Tactical, Ensign Science
  • bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Can any of those ships use existing Templates for example:

Guardian class -> Galaxy - Ambassador

Mat’Ha -> Quin - Som'raw

Aelahl -> D'deridex
    Bridger.png
  • tcostiktcostik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Trendy, when are we going to get official word on how much the T6 ships cost? And is there going to be a Fed and KDF only pack?
  • plummyg33gplummyg33g Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Why no bird of prey for kdf :(
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Only problem I have with these ships is the special ability on the raptor with the charged particle burst and the photonic shockwave. Those two powers are kinda under powered and I am guessing the reason they were chosen. Since the nerfing even further that occurred when the shield and power drains got nerfed with the power insulators even max spec + 130 aux they barely do anything to an enemy unless its leveling enemies that are made out of paper.

I could see myself getting the guardian and the raptor when they come out but the romulan one not so much. I was kind of hoping we would get a bop too for the kdf along with this but I am guessing that is not going to happen.

Edit: *Disclaimer* might not actually play sto again until the whole infiltrator trait makes its way to kdf for cloaking ambush purposes though just not feeling the klingon style since we are under powered to other cloak vape ships now.
  • raptor63549raptor63549 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Looks like everything is very Tac heavy.
    Isn't most everything these days?

Only way to keep up with the fact that DPS is all important in PVE and tanking/drawing fire, healing (others), and most science abilities are marginalized.

Dat secondary deflector slot on the Dauntless, though. When are we going to get something decent to fit in there?
  • strorusstrorus Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Where's the secondary deflector for the Scryer?
  • chrisbrown12009chrisbrown12009 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    That warbird should of been 5/3 weapin layout...

Or the intel warbird should of been 5/2....

It makes no since that an alpha strike loving people wouldnt make one of their new ship with 4/4 and 4/3. Would changing one of them to 5 forwatd be too much? I dont care which.
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I am getting an NSEA Protector vibe from the Aelahl.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    trelane87 wrote: »
    Figures the new science ship comes with a secondary deflector :rolleyes:
    You sound like you don't want secondary deflectors.
    genhauk wrote: »
    Can the Guardian-class equip dual heavy cannons?
    Well since it's a Cruiser and not a BattleCruiser, probably not.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    the raptor and the guardian have very great boff layouts :eek:.

what is the size of the romulan ship?

i'm going to wait the fleet versions; before considering a purchase, i don't want bad surprises
  • roubiniroubini Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    except your wallet. Time to shell out. Upgrades don't stand a chance. :eek:

It's just "Dr Doom" Roubini
    Refugee from those other games!
  • wrathofachilleswrathofachilles Member Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    karr007 wrote: »
    Should be very close to Galaxy class. The HP is close to the fleet version and it turns slightly better and it is with additional tac console, yet i bet the fleet Guardian will get 5th engineering.

I suspect this as well, though I'd personally love it to come with a fourth tactical, I know not *everyone* (just most) would want that.

I really wish cryptic would go with the notion of a "universal console slot" that accepts any consoles or a "dual console slot" that would accept two types of consoles. Would pretty much make everyone happy by giving us the ability to choose where we want that extra console to go for ourselves rather than having it determined for us.

On ships where "the rules" could be violated with a universal, they could give a dual console slot that doesn't let us put 6 consoles of one type, and on ships where it wouldn't break any rules, they could give a universal to put where we want. It would be GLORIOUS.

Especially for T5U, no more "Cryptic, you're ruining my favorite ship!" they could just be all "Here's a bonus console slot, do with it as you will."

(Do it)
  • ragnar0xragnar0x Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Why does Dauntless have secondary deflector slot and Scryer does not?
    Scryer have 2 HUGE deflectors and Dauntless does not have 2nd visually present on the hull.
    Scryer:

Minimum Rank: Vice Admiral
    Faction: Federation
    Availability: C-Store
    Hull Strength: 29,700 (at level 50) and 36,000 (at level 60)
    Shield Modifier: 1.25
    Crew: 200
    Weapons: 3 Fore, 3 Aft
    Device Slots: 3
    Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Lieutenant Tactical/Intelligence, 1 Lieutenant Commander Engineering, 1 Lieutenant Commander Engineering, 1 Lieutenant Commander Science, 1 Commander Science/Intelligence and 1 Ensign Universal
    Console Modifications: 2 Tactical, 3 Engineering, 5 Science
    Base Turn Rate: 13 degrees per second
    Impulse Modifier: 0.17
    Inertia: 55
    +10 Power to Weapons and +10 Power to Auxiliary
    Can Load Dual Cannons
    Cloaking Device
    Sub-system Targeting
    Console - Universal - Sensor Probe Swarm
    Matter-Antimatter Warp Core
    Active Sensor Arrays
    Gather Intelligence
    Expose Vulnerability: Defenses
    Expose Vulnerability: Weapon Systems
    Expose Vulnerability: Critical Systems
    Starship Ability Package (Science Vessel)
    Enhanced Particle Generators (+Exotic Damage)
    Advanced Shield Systems (+Shield HP)
    Enhanced Restorative Circuitry (+Shield and Hull Healing)
    Auxiliary Power Infusers (+Max Auxiliary Power)
    Emitter Synergy (Starship Trait)

Dauntless:
    Minimum Rank: Vice Admiral
    Faction: Federation
    Availability: C-Store
    Hull Strength: 29,700 (at level 50) and 36,000 (at level 60)
    Shield Modifier: 1.3
    Crew: 150
    Weapons:
    3 Fore, 3 Aft
    Device Slots: 3
    Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Lieutenant Tactical, 1 Lieutenant Commander Tactical, 1 Lieutenant Engineering, 1 Lieutenant Intel/Science, 1 Commander Science
    Console Modifications: 3 Tactical, 2 Engineering, 5 Science
    Base Turn Rate: 14 degrees per second
    Impulse Modifier: 0.15
    Inertia: 50
    +10 Weapon and +10 Auxiliary Power
    Sensor Analysis
    Sub-System Targeting
    Secondary Deflector Slot
    Console - Universal – Particle Synthesizer
    Matter-Antimatter Warp Core
    Hyper-Advanced Quantum Slipstream Drive
    Starship Ability Package (Science Vessel)
    Enhanced Particle Generators (+Exotic Damage)
    Advanced Shield Systems (+Shield HP)
    Enhanced Restorative Circuitry (+Shield and Hull Healing)
    Auxiliary Power Infusers (+Max Auxiliary Power)
    Radiant Nanite Cloud (Starship Trait)
    edited September 2014
    Only problem I have with these ships is the special ability on the raptor with the charged particle burst and the photonic shockwave. Those two powers are kinda under powered and I am guessing the reason they were chosen. Since the nerfing even further that occurred when the shield and power drains got nerfed with the power insulators even max spec + 130 aux they barely do anything to an enemy unless its leveling enemies that are made out of paper.

If I'm not mistaken, charged particle burst disables cloaks for at least a time and photonic shockwave disables the ship in general for at least a second, so these would be very potent abilities for keeping those damned shifty romulans from battle cloaking.

Especially with that torp spread. If you get off a torp spread as someone is cloaking and it catches up with them after they've disappeared, I imagine it should instantly pop them back out for you to beat the TRIBBLE out of... do you hear that? I think it's the faint cries of romulans echoing back in time from the future. Sounds like... "nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf..."
    edited September 2014

i'm going to wait the fleet versions; before considering a purchase, i don't want bad surprises

Smart position. I shall try to control myself as well and wait for fleets... I imagine that's part of why fleet versions aren't launching with DR, partly because new skins/possibly even new models must be made, plus they probably know that how the fleet one turns out will affect buying decisions and they are hoping that a lack of patience will get them a few sales that otherwise wouldn't go down knowing that the bonus fleet console isn't going into tactical... erm... I mean where ever one hopes it will go >> (tactical)

This, of course, could all be solved with dual/universal console slots... just sayin' :3
  • naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Is it only me, or does anybody else think the Dauntless boff layout has completely been screwed up?

One of the tac stations needs to be universal or eng at least! Whats the point in giving it good healing capability without the slots to put at least Eng Team 3 on?

I was thinking that it might be the first sci ship to come close to the temporal wells, but i guess not. T6 Dauntless looks way weaker than a T5U Wells sadly :(

Currently:
    Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Lieutenant Tactical, 1 Lieutenant Commander Tactical, 1 Lieutenant Engineering, 1 Lieutenant Intel/Science, 1 Commander Science

Console Modifications: 3 Tactical, 2 Engineering, 5 Science

Should be:
    Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Lieutenant Universal, 1 Lieutenant Commander Engineering, 1 Lieutenant Engineering, 1 Lieutenant Intel/Science, 1 Commander Science

Console Modifications: 2 Tactical, 3 Engineering, 5 Science

That would be a lot more palitable as a sci ship
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited September 2014

What would be a bad surprise? They get one more console, and Gorngonzola published his general formula; the Guardian and Dauntless are almost certainly going to be Eng slots, although the Dauntess is tac heavy so it might get a 4th tac if he decides to go that way. The Raptor already has 5 tac consoles and will likely get a sci to even it out. The warbird could go either way, but is Tac heavy like the Dauntless.
  • drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Given that the Warbird is described as an Engineering Warbird, probably another Engineering slot.
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    drreverend wrote: »
    Given that the Warbird is described as an Engineering Warbird, probably another Engineering slot.

It already has 5, and there will be no 6 slot ships, at least not for a while.
    edited September 2014
    ragnar0x wrote: »
    Why does Dauntless have secondary deflector slot and Scryer does not?

Well since all science ships are supposed to eventually get secondary deflectors (as far as I've heard floating around), I imagine it will get one when all other science ships get one... that or not having the secondary deflector is a price it pays for getting an integrated cloak and intel ship powers, just like the eclipse gives up two of the cruiser commands for it's intel stuff, and the phantom gives up... um... erm... something I'm sure. :P
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    naz4 wrote: »
    Is it only me, or does anybody else think the dauntless boff layout has completely been screwed up?

Not just you. For a science ship its actually pretty limited in science, doesn't seem much different than the DSD or the Vesta (with the Uni LtCmdr set to tac). Doesn't really seem to bring anything new to the table. I'm surprised.