test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tier 6 Starships

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
With the Delta Operations pack, we're introducing a plethora of new ships! Take a look at our latest blog by Phil “Gorngonzolla” Zeleski, Systems Designer showcasing a ton of new ships! From the sleek Dauntless to the intimidating Mat'ha Raptor, there are tons of new ships to check out!

Read more about it in our blog here.

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Rock'N Roll! :cool:
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Looks like everything is very Tac heavy.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    The Mat'ha Raptor is by far a beast. Out of all the ships, that one has the best (imo) consoles - Heavy Disruptor Spinal Cannons. Sustained barrage is an understatement; that thing is a machine gun.
  • drmoxdrmox Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I see the "Kitchen Sink" was thrown into this one! :D
  • gregbgregb Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    That guardian crusier...i wantz eet..
  • captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I think you should have made a sphere headed ship like the Olympic and its sister class ones.
  • straden0straden0 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2014

What my dear friend cosmic meant to say was..

"FIRE EVERTHING!" *saliva flies at camera*
  • trelane87trelane87 Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Figures the new science ship comes with a secondary deflector :rolleyes:
  • drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    How big is a Guardian compared to, say, a Galaxy-class?
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Like the Raptor! The only ship id get out of that little lot..
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

edited September 2014
    drreverend wrote: »
    How big is a Guardian compared to, say, a Galaxy-class?
    It must be close based on the 6.5 Turn Rate.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The Mat'ha Raptor is by far a beast. Out of all the ships, that one has the best (imo) consoles - Heavy Disruptor Spinal Cannons. Sustained barrage is an understatement; that thing is a machine gun.

Can the Guardian-class equip dual heavy cannons?
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited September 2014

It's a shame these are consoles rather than actual weapon types...
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • thenoname711thenoname711 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Secondary deflector slot on Dauntless?! Does that mean that secondary deflectors are coming to other ships, too? And more importantly, will they come also to t5.5 sci vessels?

Other than that, it seems that non-intel t6 ships have third lieutenant BOFF slot and none ensign slot instead of two lieutenant commander slots like intel ships have. Not sure I like it.
    Gameserver not found.
  • capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Looks pretty good. I particularly like the Boff layout of the Guardian. Not quite so enthused about the turn rate though; just how big is this thing?
  • canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    walshicus wrote: »
    It's a shame these are consoles rather than actual weapon types...

Not surprised myself given how well the Andorian Wing Cannons went over...or rather how well they didn't. (Personally like them, but can't think of anyone else who does).
  • robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Can the Guardian equip the saucer separation console? Also can we apply venture and galaxy skins to it?
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Like the Raptor! The only ship id get out of that little lot..

I might eventually get the guardian if I get bored with the FED intel cruiser but that Raptor is the star of the "standard" T6 ships. It actually fills a vacant niche within the KDF shipyards.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    edited September 2014
    Secondary deflector slot on Dauntless?! Does that mean that secondary deflectors are coming to other ships, too? And more importantly, will they come also to t5.5 sci vessels?
    Geko stated that Secondary Deflectors will be coming after Delta Rising - they are just focused on getting this Expansion out the door right now.
  • drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It must be close based on the 6.5 Turn Rate.

What I was thinking too, just wanted a sense of scale. I do like the design. It's more solid and robust looking than the Odyssey, like it's meant for going into places where it'll need to be a bit more rugged to handle the rough stuff, but it still has the classic Starfleet lines.
  • karr007karr007 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    capnmanx wrote: »
    Looks pretty good. I particularly like the Boff layout of the Guardian. Not quite so enthused about the turn rate though; just how big is this thing?

Should be very close to Galaxy class. The HP is close to the fleet version and it turns slightly better and it is with additional tac console, yet i bet the fleet Guardian will get 5th engineering.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    robdmc wrote: »
    Can the Guardian equip the saucer separation console? Also can we apply venture and galaxy skins to it?

Doubtful. Its basically a take on the original Ambassador class concept art. If it has any interchangable parts the galaxy probably isn't going to the ship it uses.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • caylenrcaylenr Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm pleased with the Dauntless info. Looks like it'll be fun! Maybe even a solid T6 replacement for my Fleet Nova-class.
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Tempting...

Pitty it's tripple Lt. station in contrast with the Intel double Lt.Cmdr. but otherwise all four ships are WAY more interesting both stats-wise and looks-wise than any of the Intel abominations.

Although i was hoping the Aelahl would feature a Lt.Cmdr. science station, like the D'deridex.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited September 2014
    Well those are some sexy ships... except the dauntless >.< Glad the Guardian came out well, after those intel gagme ships
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Other than that, it seems that non-intel t6 ships have third lieutenant BOFF slot and none ensign slot instead of two lieutenant commander slots like intel ships have. Not sure I like it.

well at least a ship other then the dyson scidestroyers gets to use secondary deflectors though only the dyson one is out that i know of unless they set it so rep and other deflectors can go there....

• ltdata96ltdata96 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Congrats, you have just sold a Guardian Cruiser ;)
  • mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Nice ships.
    The Dauntless radiant nanite cloud looks like the best aoe heal buff we got in years. But sadly I see turn rate of 14 but no "Can equip dual cannons", so u cant mount DHCs on it. Nice tho about the second deflector and the unique slipstream drive.

The raptor looks tac heavy as allways the kdf ships were. Now from the description, to me at least, it implays that there may be some type of special cannons too, like the andorian wing cannons. And that trait looks badass, suits well with HY from the enhanced bio torp.
  • uraciouseuraciouse Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Wow! I really want the Guardian :) It may be the first real money I spend on this game lol
  • doubleohninedoubleohnine Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Guardian cruiser....meh...no sale here

I mean, at least its clearly Fed, but Im not feeling it. Its like its an Odyssey-ized Enterprise C. And Id advise no more bug eyed bussard collectors. I relunctantly used it when I flew my Venture class version of the Dreadnaught, but was not a fan.

And that warbird, aka RRW Seattle Seahawk amirite?

Im a 49ers fan, so that ship looks like TRIBBLE to me too lol. Actually its a good overall warbird design, its that nod to a seahawk head in the window placement that turns me off it.

If theres more Fed T6 ships coming, they still have time to impress me. But so far, not one Fed ship pleases me.
    STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
    Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Crusader