test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

VPvP - Fun, fair, vanilla PvP

Comments

• westjoewestjoe Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    @westjoe is the handle, would like to try this. :)
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    For anyone undecided, the key benefits:

Cost - 2-3 million EC Maximum (in other words, one master key, so 3 characters Dil grind for a single day at current Dil/Zen rates) and the ship you picked up while levelling and you have a competitive PvP build - normal PvP builds you would be lucky if you only spent 100 times that to be as competitive.

Balance - because of the restrictions, all the stuff that causes normal PvP to be a somewhat unbalanced mess isn't allowed. This is one of the few places in STO where, for example, a Galaxy is as valid a player choice as a Defiant.

Very easy to enter - You could do this with a fresh level 50 and have a good match, no need to level any reps, or do lots of grinding. (apart from one day to sort your equipment out ^)
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    westjoe wrote: »
    @westjoe is the handle, would like to try this. :)

I'll send an invite next time I'm in game, unless jarodroto does first.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    voporak wrote: »
    I'll send an invite next time I'm in game, unless jarodroto does first.

done :P [Mandatory more than 10 characters post thingy MK XX]
    edited September 2014
    [Mandatory more than 10 characters post thingy MK XX]

Dang, that must have [literally] cost a million dil to make. ;)
  • drumcd74656drumcd74656 Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm excited to say I'm sending my channel request now. Scam-boxes and pay-to-win have ruined every aspect of this game for PvP. Hopefully this will take off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • giotarizgiotariz Member Posts: 652 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i was a bit skeptic about this at the beginning, but after a couple matches i realized it's way funnier than space PvP.
    So join up people, and get ready to be hit by my t4 BoP :D:D:D
    Sad Pandas PvP - Starfleet Dental Member - Lag Industries Leader
    --

"What a time it was, with all the world against us, what a time it was... When all we did seemed wrong,
    we've broken all our bonds, but life kept going on, what a time, what a time it was..." - Clem Tholet
    --
    Operation Dingo 1977

• gregkanegregkane Member Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Mirror ships are t4 you can use them at level 40?? Also mkx purple gear fine? Id like an invite please @gregkane sounds mucho fun :) think ive a cstore defiant aswell is the cloak allowed?

If im wrong on the ship level- would it not be better to choose the lvl 40 ships as not many will have kept the ships they got at captian level- i know i havnt-think i might have defiant- therefore anyone without one can spend say 200k ec on a mirror ship instead of 1000 zen or watever it is for a capitan ship?

Also if ts is needes trh can be used anytime-ill get it up later after work cant rem it offhand
    edited September 2014
    gregkane wrote: »
    Mirror ships are t4 you can use them at level 40?? Also mkx purple gear fine? Id like an invite please @gregkane sounds mucho fun :) think ive a cstore defiant aswell is the cloak allowed?

If im wrong on the ship level- would it not be better to choose the lvl 40 ships as not many will have kept the ships they got at captian level- i know i havnt-think i might have defiant- therefore anyone without one can spend say 200k ec on a mirror ship instead of 1000 zen or watever it is for a capitan ship?

T1 - Levels 1-9. (Lieutenant)
    T2 - Levels 10-19. (Lieutenant Commander)
    T3 - Levels 20-29. (Commander)
    T4 - Levels 30-39. (Captain)
    T5 Basic/Mirror - Levels 40+ (Rear Admiral, Lower Half)
    T5 C-store - Level 50 (Vice Admiral)
    T5 Fleet - level 50 (Vice Admiral, plus Fleet Store requisition access)
    T5-U/Fleet T5-U - levels 50-60 (coming soon)

Here we are only interested in T1 to T4, possibly basic/Mirror T5 as well.

The ships you gained via levelling are available for a Dil cost from a ship requisition place. T1 are 8k Dil, T2 are 15k Dil, T3 are 40k Dil, T4 are 80k Dil, T5 are 110k Dil.

C-Store, they are 500 Zen for T1, 750 Zen for T2, 1000 Zen for T3, 1500 Zen for T4, 2000 for RA T5, 2500 Zen for VA T5.

No C-Store consoles are allowed. (includes opposite faction ones via lockbox drops)
    edited September 2014
    I know what you mean i was just thinking that mirror ships are more readily available without paying zen or dilithium- which drives the cost up for people- i do have a couple of eligible ships or i wouldnt spend the dil with all the upgrading i will need to do for new exp. Anyways was just a thought :) send inv please ill get it when home from work
    edited September 2014
    I know what you mean i was just thinking that mirror ships are more readily available without paying zen or dilithium- which drives the cost up for people- i do have a couple of eligible ships or i wouldnt spend the dil with all the upgrading i will need to do for new exp. Anyways was just a thought :) send inv please ill get it when home from work

No worries. :)

The thing is, stuff you get for this will be a valid investment for the rest of the game's life, and in the grand scheme of things, it isn't that much.

For Vanilla PvP:

Ship - assuming you kept it, free. If not, from one character day's Dil grind to ten character day's Dil grind.

Equipment - About one Master Key in terms of cost. You could spend more, but you really don't need to.

Once these are sorted, you are set.

Normal PvP: My Vulcan's ACR, which is a very, very cheap ship in spec, cost 2500 Zen. Soon to cost another 1000-1500 to make Fleet T5-U. I cant remember prices off hand, but as rough estimates certainly well over 200k Dil, 20 million EC and 500k FC, and I haven't started getting the expensive stuff yet.

For a ship that has essentially maintained a kills/deaths ratio that is so terrible people question why I bother. Heck, I question why I bother...

The top players will look at the above as small change they could lose down the back of a sofa and not notice its missing - hundreds of millions, if not billions of EC, millions of Dil, millions of FC, thousands of Lobi, possibly thousands of lockboxes to get to where there are.

In normal PvP, if my KDF character was real, she would have been executed for incompetence months ago with how many times she's lost.

In this she will actually be a threat capable of bringing home glory. Hopefully.

ETA - not to mention the new gear replacement system, which will mean Epic Gold Mk XIV gear or GTFO...
    edited September 2014
    Yup i agree with what u say except the 80k dil one-no1 will want it as the zen one has extra console and boff skill(pvprs are competetive by nature) but im in on my kdf tact amd fed sci- but. Mirror ships only have one more console and an extra boff skill over the zen lvl 30 ships but itl b fun and yea alot cheaper than what i have and will spend on my current builds i dont think a bil ec would come near what ive put on one toon over last 2 years (inc lobi n ship etc)
  • whatinblueblazeswhatinblueblazes Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Count me in! @whatinblueblazes
  • thishorizonthishorizon Member Posts: 1,158
    edited September 2014
    how many people are in this channel?

if its a nice size group, i will most likely be interested.

i will not be grinding for DR stuff.

have fun kill bad guys

horizon
    edited September 2014
    14 people so far.

So, about 5% of STO's PvPers in 3 days.
    edited September 2014
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    14 people so far.

So, about 5% of STO's PvPers in 3 days.

are there games going?

i mean, it wouldnt take me long to get a toon ready.

edit:

also i would like to speak to you about possibly being an admin and/or match organizer.

lets chat on teamspeak today. send a mail to @CaptainHorizon with your ts info
    edited September 2014
    are there games going?

i mean, it wouldnt take me long to get a toon ready.

Not sure about right this moment, just going to log in and see whose on. :)
    edited September 2014
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    Not sure about right this moment, just going to log in and see whose on. :)

send me your ts info so we can talk bro.

@CaptainHorizon

edit: ill be on in about 2 hours
    edited September 2014
    Don't actually have TS, I use the chat bar... :o

Couple of people on right now.
    edited September 2014
    send me your ts info so we can talk bro.

@CaptainHorizon

edit: ill be on in about 2 hours

if you are looking to be an admin, voporak and i are the ones to talk to FYI
    edited September 2014
    When will you guys b online?
    edited September 2014
    When will you guys b online?

i will be in 2-2.5 hours
    edited September 2014
    I don't know if I will be able to get on today, and have to leave tomorrow immediately after my school ends (I'll be back Sunday), so here's my plan (made up names incoming):

Jarodroto, being my Managerial Partner in Crime, can handle stuff while I'm gone. Since I know Horizon is an upstanding and capable member of the community, I'm pre-approving him as an Admin/match organizer. If Jaro has time, he can work out with Horizon the details and promote him. If everything works out fine, Horizon must come up with a witty name for his new position.

I may be able to connect to the forums with my tablet while I'm away, so forum mail will be the best way to contact me.
    edited September 2014
    voporak wrote: »
    I don't know if I will be able to get on today, and have to leave tomorrow immediately after my school ends (I'll be back Sunday), so here's my plan (made up names incoming):

Jarodroto, being my Managerial Partner in Crime, can handle stuff while I'm gone. Since I know Horizon is an upstanding and capable member of the community, I'm pre-approving him as an Admin/match organizer. If Jaro has time, he can work out with Horizon the details and promote him. If everything works out fine, Horizon must come up with a witty name for his new position.

muahahahahahahahahahah

just PM me in game horizon, handle is my forum name

i cant do channel invites from outside game, but i will be on the external chat program pigdin, so PMs will reach me while im not logged in, and i can respond to them
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ok, i want to try, i have an old 50ed ferengi eng toon with no rep and no mk super duper stuff :D. Idk if i reached the channel cap, but in the meanwhile invite me please @NandoPC
    edited September 2014
    I just got invites sent out.

To answer your question of channel size, Horizon, I think it was around 15 with more invited. We got a few matches going yesterday, so it does seem to be growing and catching on with the PvP community.
    edited September 2014
    Voporak did u see what i mentioned about mirror ships? There is a dofference between the cstore t4 and dil t4 ships- u could try only 9 console ships ie last free or mirror and keep gesr the same would make it more accessable for those who dnt want to grind/pay zen
    edited September 2014
    Voporak did u see what i mentioned about mirror ships? There is a dofference between the cstore t4 and dil t4 ships- u could try only 9 console ships ie last free or mirror and keep gesr the same would make it more accessable for those who dnt want to grind/pay zen

The thing about mirror/plain T5 is that they have 9 consoles. That's 1 over even C-store T4, so then the channel standard would be bumped up to T5. I'm keeping T5 out of standard matches, but if a group wants to do a plain T5 run, you can have at it so long as there's other people who want to also.
    edited September 2014

the problem is that mirror ships have 9 consoles to the T4 ships 7 and c-store is 8

so if we do a vanilla T5 match that will be free/mirror but mirror have an unfair advantage over T4

and we have heard the issue with the c-store T4, debating that, we are