test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Request: Alll Hairstyles, Makeup and Stances Available to Both Sexes

Comments

• jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    cbob312 wrote: »
    There really isn't 'both sides', there's the ones that want it, and people that don't want them to have it. If it was ice cream it'd be clear you should just stop trying to stop people having their fun.
    Yeah, this sums it up pretty simply. We don't want this personal beliefs/political discussion here. We just want more options available, for those who'd want them. The 'other side' just doesn't want us to have the option for whatever.

PS: A quick slap-up of a mock for my character on Tribble, just to prove my point I could easily replicate my current's character's look on a male model, minus the parts I'd not want on it, ie the curves... if there's ever re-gender token, I'm gonna be itching hardcore, as limitations of the female model are just... zzZZzZzz....

dEY5i95.jpg
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I wish people simply took this as proposal for more options for everyone, as that's all there is to it... sigh...
    Some people don't see it like that. They see it as a violation of how they want others to act that strays from their view of an ideal society.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    By the way Orange, does this mean I should call you an antagonist if you disagree with an idea of mine I post :D?
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
    edited September 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    By the way Orange, does this mean I should call you an antagonist if you disagree with an idea of mine I post :D?
    No. You can call me an antagonist when I start having conviction to my positions. Which I hope I never do. =)

I do wish to understand what people believe or support and why, and I'm open to being convinced that those are better than the beliefs and positions I hold. If I disagree with you, it's only because I find reason to, not because you hold a view that opposes my agenda.

And for the record, I fully support your Caitian/Ferasan ideas. Yes, even some of the sex-specific ones.
    edited September 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    No. You can call me an antagonist when I start having conviction to my positions. Which I hope I never do. =)

I do wish to understand what people believe or support and why, and I'm open to being convinced that those are better than the beliefs and positions I hold. If I disagree with you, it's only because I find reason to, not because you hold a view that opposes my agenda.

And for the record, I fully support your Caitian/Ferasan ideas. Yes, even some of the sex-specific ones.

I'll save the title for one day :D.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    edited September 2014
    With all being said, the changes to models, both male and female on Tribble are in good direction. I love them & hope that the trend will continue & none of this negativity is directed at JoeJing/devs, rather than at people who'd want to force their beliefs onto others, while forbidding people from having a choice.

olHgIQ0.jpg

Imo it could use a bit of smoothing of the upper part and the waist too, so the curves between waist and upper part disappear altogether, but, definitelly a step in right direction, both with the waist size adjustment slider and smaller bust size too.

"Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 

edited September 2014
    Still unsure why you are going on about this "negativity" going towards the devs..

There is no negativity and why would it be going to them anyway?
    edited September 2014
    Still unsure why you are going on about this "negativity" going towards the devs..

There is no negativity and why would it be going to them anyway?
    The thread has turned, sorry to say, into certain two individuals spitting out their beliefs in terms of gender TRIBBLE & horrible negative bitchfest. If you want to claim the thread is positive, you are a bit delusional. This thread has turned a simple request into a disaster. It makes me realy sad. Just sayin'.

edited September 2014
    The thread has turned, sorry to say, into certain two individuals spitting out their beliefs in terms of gender TRIBBLE & horrible negative bitchfest. If you want to claim the thread is positive, you are a bit delusional. This thread has turned a simple request into a disaster. It makes me realy sad. Just sayin'.

The only people turning it negative are those who are overreacting to a disagreement. One of which would be you.
    edited September 2014
    The only people turning it negative are those who are overreacting to a disagreement. One of which would be you.
    I won't accept people disagreeing because of their personal beliefs, being a reason for something to not be implemented, when it's as trivial as more options for character customization. Period. There's no logical reason for not letting people have more options. In turn, I have to laugh, when we are accused of this being some sort of political agenda when there's none intended from our side, when the two of you are simply pushing yours & totally disregarding the double-standard. So.. derp. :D

edited September 2014
    I won't accept people disagreeing because of their personal beliefs, being a reason for something to not be implemented, when it's as trivial as more options for character customization. Period. There's no logical reason for not letting people have more options. In turn, I have to laugh, when we are accused of this being some sort of political agenda when there's none intended from our side, when the two of you are simply pushing yours & totally disregarding the double-standard. So.. derp. :D

In your view.
    edited September 2014
    In your view.
    OK, how about this.

I believe some cat-species shouldn't be in game at all, let alone any attention should be given to them, because of [insert stupid, personal belief opinion why not & why cat species and their customization somehow offends me on personal level]. If you don't get it how double-standard you are, then you simply won't & you simply will keep at your double-standard, no matter what.

PS: Not really against your topic, merely showing you how stupid your arguments are.

edited September 2014
    OK, how about this.

I believe some cat-species shouldn't be in game at all, let alone any attention should be given to them, because of [insert stupid, personal belief opinion why not & why cat species and their customization somehow offends me on personal level]. If you don't get it how double-standard you are, then you simply won't & you simply will keep at your double-standard, no matter what.

PS: Not really against your topic, merely showing you how stupid your arguments are.

And if you said something like that in my thread, I would reply like I always do.

"Sorry to hear," and move on.
  • azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    As far as stances are concerned; I'd be happy to see the "cute" stance done away with entirely. It looks totally ridiculous... Officers of Starfleet, the Empire, or the Republic should not carry themselves in such a way- male or female. The 'creature' stance looks ridiculous too, but I understand that if you're making a legitimate creature. I've got no problem with the rest of the stances being universal.

As far as 'male options' and 'female options' go, I'm fine seeing more universality between the genders- but at the same time (at least for a primary uniform) I'd like to see the options reflect some sense of professionalism...

(and don't necessarily take this as 'you must', but more 'I'd like to see'.)
    edited September 2014
    And if you said something like that in my thread, I would reply like I always do.

"Sorry to hear," and move on.
    Yes, well.. how about you move on from this thread then. Like, really.

You don't want more customization for both genders because of personal beliefs, fine, whatever, but that doesn't justify you wanting to not allow it to others. You'd not be forced to use them, so nothing is forced on you and your characters - as that's really where your word has any weight, as you have no right to dictate what other characters look like. I simply don't get this mentality, when selfish desires, beliefs should be limiting others from more freedom.

• azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Did Star Trek uniforms have any skirt options beyond the skant in season 1 or 2 of TNG? I don't think they did. Aside from the brief appearance of the skant, all modern Trek uniforms have required long pants. That's a move I approve of. I love the idea of equality in uniform options: for instance, that both genders should have to wear proper pants.
    edited September 2014
    Yes, well.. how about you move on from this thread then. Like, really.

You don't want more customization for both genders because of personal beliefs, fine, whatever, but that doesn't justify you wanting to not allow it to others. You'd not be forced to use them, so nothing is forced on you and your characters - as that's really where your word has any weight, as you have no right to dictate what other characters look like. I simply don't get this mentality, when selfish desires, beliefs should be limiting others from more freedom.
    It's called sharing an opinion, which is what one of the main purposes of a forum is. If you cannot accept the idea that people will have differing views, then I do not know what to tell you.
    edited September 2014
    It's called sharing an opinion, which is what one of the main purposes of a forum is. If you cannot accept the idea that people will have differing views, then I do not know what to tell you.
    I guess I just don't get it, why someone would be so selfish/narrow-minded, to impose their personal beliefs on others in a way, that they'd be restricted from more choices as well if it was their way. The entitlement of how your beliefs should be factored in, when character models are concerned... I don't know what to tell you and be nice about it, really. :P

Someone's personal beliefs/religion/political affilation and what other TRIBBLE have you, does not give them right to direct how others want their characters to look like. It's not disagreement what you and the other fella has shown here, it's personal agenda being forced on others. Something both of you accused us of; when our proposal brings you the choice of using or not using it - yours restricts it for everyone. What's so hard to understand on this.

• artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    The stances thing in particular is approaching an LGBT agenda. That's what I was trying to get at.

:confused:

The request, as far as I can determine, is for male toons to be able to have access to the much larger range of female hairstyles as well as being able to stand seductively.

I have long hair (and am male) If I styled it in pigtails would I be using a LGBT agenda? No, I would have a stupide hairstyle that doesn't look good on me, if I stood like a berk acting seductive would I be pushing a LGBT agenda? No, I'd get a cramp and look stupid.

Cute looks TRIBBLE and makes you run like a daft sod, but it's not being removed, so it should be open for males. Or can men not look cute without being part of a LGBT agenda?

Also asking for Females to get an undershirt with an open uniform option (or allowing men to go the Kirk route and go undershirtless) is obviously pushing a LGBT agenda? :rolleyes:.

Also as far as I can tell, all male options are open to females aren't they? (Stances anyway, maybe most hairstyles).
    azniadeet wrote: »
    Did Star Trek uniforms have any skirt options beyond the skant in season 1 or 2 of TNG? I don't think they did. Aside from the brief appearance of the skant, all modern Trek uniforms have required long pants. That's a move I approve of. I love the idea of equality in uniform options: for instance, that both genders should have to wear proper pants.

That I can agree with.
    However if people like looking up their female engineer's skirt when she's crawling through the plasma conduits, then go for it. It's not me that looks like they need to meet real people once or twice.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited September 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    Just pointing out that you're suggesting to force your standards onto others under the guise of "options".
    That's wrong. Completely and utterly wrong. We want to give people options. We do not want to force anything on anyone. Giving people options is the direct opposite of forcing something onto someone. We're basically wanting to say "You can choose this, but you don't have to"

Unless you can demonstrate your claim, of course. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here.
    ^ This answers the question as to why there are "gender specific" items and why it's unlikely to ever change.
    It doesn't answer anything. You're appealing to an opinion, which has nothing to do with this issue. Opinions shouldn't be held higher than one another.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    ^ This answers the question as to why there are "gender specific" items and why it's unlikely to ever change.

Female Romulan hairstyles normally look stupid (like long hair put under a badly fitting short wig) but they are still available.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited September 2014
    You are essentially asking for options (for everyone, not just you) that allow you to create what you see as a standard. Some folk do not want or need those options. It's not rocket science.
    First of all, no, I do not see anything as a "standard", nor do I wish for anything of this nature to be a standard. Please do not put words into my mouth.

Second, no, it's not rocket science. Yes, some people don't want or need those options. That's the beauty of options though. If you don't want or need them, don't use them. The only people it will effect are those that do want those options. That's right, your characters would never be effected by any options you do not wish to apply to them.
    You're assuming that it's my opinion to begin with. It's not. It's the verdict of the artists and developers who designed the game.
    Can you demonstrate this claim?
    edited September 2014
    Unless you're playing along in a solo instance, others will see your character.
    ...really? THAT is your argument? You don't want to SEE other characters with these options?

Wait wait... let me get this straight... you want to restrict more options for other people because you don't want to see them with those options?

And you expect anyone to think that's reasonable?
    Yes. Log in to the game.
    That doesn't demonstrate anything. Many other game elements have existed in the game that either the devs have agreed to change or have been an obsolete element that they just haven't gotten around to change till later. Just because it's in the game doesn't support your argument one bit.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    In the case of the "Punk" hairstyle, it was originally added as a Romulan-republic only thing. When people explained why they felt that was a bad idea the devs added it as an option to other races as well. So... If the devs agree that something is a good idea, they might do it,.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited September 2014
    Who is putting words in other people's mouths again? I didn't say "I". I said "others". There is a difference.
    What makes a difference who sees it? Also, what gave you the right to speak for anyone?
    Yes, it does. It demonstrates that the game was designed with specific differences between male and female in mind.
    No, it does not. There's no correlation at all. It does however imply that the characters were designed simplistically, probably with just what everyone's used to seeing, but even that is an assumption.

You merely asserted that "the game is this way because X". You haven't demonstrated anything.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Unless you're playing along in a solo instance, others will see your character. (...)

Well, I personally don't want to see other peoples uniform creations. I think they are hideous and I'd like Starfleet officers to wear Starfleet uniforms. Obviously though I don't get what I desire.

What's the difference?
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    edited September 2014
    The difference I was referring to was between the words "others" and "I". One is plural. The other is singular. I don't profess to speak for anyone. I'm simply offering a potential point of view.
    Okay, sure. But why is it so important to oppose options for other people just because some players would see them? Why does it matter at all?
    Call it an assertion or whatever you want. I could really give a hoot. There is no question the game was designed with differences between males and females. Clearly a computer didn't magically do that on it's own. Some human somewhere designed it that way.
    Yes, it is an assertion. And I'm not questioning that the game was designed with sexual dimorphism in mind. This thread isn't about that. It is about giving both sexes options that have absolutely nothing to do with their biology.
    edited September 2014
    The same can be said for this subject too. ;)

Personally, I don't care one way or the other if some folk want to make women with beards and men with pigtails and whatnot. I just don't see it happening. I'll go out on a limb and speculate this isn't something that's very high on the Devs "to-do" list, if it's there at all. I'll also speculate that it isn't an insignificant amount of work to do what is being requested, and we all know how the Devs love their ROI.

But you argued as if there were objective reasons for why this request/suggestion should not happen. If the reason is "others might be offended by what your character looks" then that argument doesn't hold water as I demonstrated above. And if the reason is "should not happen because it is currently not implemented and/or it would take effort and time to do so" then we can't make suggestions/requests at all.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    edited September 2014
    It's probably best to just let it go, Targ. He never demonstrated any objective reason, and he just said that he doesn't care, which is really all I want from my fellow players on this issue.

I for one am not out to make enemies. =)
    edited September 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    It's probably best to just let it go, Targ. He never demonstrated any objective reason, and he just said that he doesn't care, which is really all I want from my fellow players on this issue.

I for one am not out to make enemies. =)

Oh, I'm not trying to harp on anything really. I was genuinely curious how those reasons would look like and if "others might be offended" is the only objective reason given than there is no objective reason at all and thus it comes down to subjective reasons and those mostly fit what I posted back on page 2 of the thread. The OPs suggestions just bears too much "content" that many people are "too uncomfortable" with ;)
    Re-read my last post. They are my personal speculations, but I'd wager those are your objective reasons why this isn't going to happen.

In your last posting, yes. But the "others have to see it" was made before. But in case you marked that as your personal opinion as well I want to apologize that I misinterpreted or misread what you were saying, no hard feelings.

Like I wrote above, I was genuinely curious how objective reasons may look. I think we can safely assume that there are no objective reasons at all at this point :)
    lFC4bt2.gif